Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-02-2006, 02:51 PM   #31  

Wink Twisting my arm

Okay. . .okay. . .I'm going to exercise today. I wasn't planning on it--- got some bad news this morning and I didn't want to do anything but watch the Badger game wrapped in the new fluffy comforter I got for Christmas. I decided to open my laptop, and ventured here again ---good thing, too! I never expected a message board to be this motivating. It is really great to see how many people are getting in on this challenge. Looking at all the high goals, matched with high enthusiasm is refreshing. I am a bit embarrassed by my meager 12 pound goal--- but that is okay. Maybe I'll surprise myself, and get there earlier than I thought. Could be just what I need to set a bigger goal for June. One of my best friends is getting married, and I need to look good in a dress. Not even a bridesmaid's one--- I'm going to look BETTER than the bridesmaids (which wont be too hard considering I saw the puffy green frock my friend picked out--- blech! Thank goodness she has a lot of sisters). Last July the seamstress had to cut a TON of fabric off a bridesmaid dress I wore. It was incredibly gratifying. Maybe I'll go dress hunting now, and see if I can get this new one chopped to pieces! At last summer's wedding I met my wonderful boyfriend. Maybe I can get lucky this summer, too!

I'm going to throw some laundry in the dryer (accomplishment #1) and put my tush ON the bike WHILE I watch the Badger game (accomplishment #2). I think that sounds pretty good for what began as a cruddy day. Thank you for the help thus far, and I'll check in again soon.

~klutzmeyer1983~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:02 PM   #32  
Losing for Life!

Whoo Hoo! I did it, 25 minutes of my WATP tape! I feel so good I can't wait to do some more!

I am sitting here adding items to my pantry at Nutrition Data and was wondering if anyone else uses this great site? I love it the pantry feature is a great resource and they have pretty much everything you could want there in weight loss info and calorie facts. I love it because I am working on making sure I am getting all the fiber I need and I can check all my foods here. I haven't even looked at half of the site yet there is so much here. I can't post the link but you can find it with the name "Nutrition Data"

Maybe tracking our fiber intake would be a good mini goal for later in the month?

It sounds like everyone is doing great and very motivated right now, that is excellent!

klutzmeyer1983: 12 pounds is not too low a goal, it is important not to set your goals out of reach and remember you can always re-evaluate your goal if you feel you need to increase or decrease it. The important thing is to make sure we can reach our goals and be successful!

Leigh: Good for you, we could all use more fruits and veggies in our diets, I am really loving cherry and grape tomatos right now and pears too they have 5 grams of fiber in them and they are so good right now.
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:37 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 184/C/145

Default I want to join this group!

Hello everyone

I am in desprate need of some motivational team work This sounds like a great challenge! I am currently 186lbs, and I really need to loose 40lbs. I am a 20 year old nursing student from Canada. I find sice I have been in school for the past 2 and 1/2 years I have packed on about 25lbs. This time I am going to succed in taking it off. I do not think it is realistic to think I will have 40lbs gone by April 1st, but I do believe 20lbs is sensible by that time. Right now my mini goal is 180lbs by Jan 20th, 166lbs by April 1st, and 146lbs by August.

I have one other question where and how dod u put thise weight tracker things on the bottem of the screen?

Jenn
jenn_mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:58 PM   #34  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Just click on one of ours and you just put in your info and go from there
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:20 PM   #35  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Made it over from the old thread and only have time for a quick post right now ... be back later to do some more reading!

You girls are very inspiring!
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:36 PM   #36  

Holy Cow! I went out of town for 3 days and I missed a whole ton! I feel completely "out of the loop". lol. Tons of people have since joined which is AWESOME!!!

Hope everyone had a great New Years Eve!! I hope that everyone has started out the new year well! I completely blew my diet this weekend . I havent eaten so much food in a month! I have gained a couple of pounds back which was devastating for me. Back on the band wagon tomorrow and my goal for the week is to exercise every day with no excuses!!!! THANK GOD THE HOLIDAYS ARE DONE! *does the happy dance*

Talk to you all later!!!
Ciao Chicas!
candoitby06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:54 PM   #37  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Today I did some resistance tube exercises, a few crunches (Hey, still working on abdominal strength!) and I went to workout at Curves. My calories are at about 1200 today. So I am doin good thus far.

I weigh in on 1/8/06 and I hope to see my ticker drop another pound! *crosses fingers*
lateralus98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 06:04 PM   #38  

Last edited by Smilla; 02-17-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Smilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 06:36 PM   #39  

OK ladies, tomorrow is day 1 for me! I will weigh in on Thursdays, so this Thursday will only be a few days, but hopefully I will see a difference soon!

I went food shopping today for lots of fruits and veggies. I also got yogurt and some lean cuisine meals that were on sale for 99 cents! I am ready to go and looking forward to losing!

Can anyone share what they find to be the best way to view the threads? I am finding it difficult because the format is different from the forums I am used to. I love the support here but I am afraid that it is a bit overwhelming to try and figure it all out!

Good luck everyone, I hope to get to know all of you better and to cheer you all on each step of the way!

Hugs!
reshiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 06:43 PM   #40  

It took me hours to get out the door but I went to the gym and did 45 minutes of weights. I really love working out to music. It feels really indulgent.

I'm undecorating (is that a word?) today. It's a big job and I won't feel like
the Holiday Pressure is off till it's all put away.

You all are such an inspiration.

I'm about to eat lunch--avocado chicken sandwich on flaxseed bread with carrots.

I'm doing great so far.

Thanks
rollmdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:51 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 246

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to drop in and say HI. I was reading this thread and really looked at some of the trackers of several of the posters and just wanted to say great job on the progress many of you have made so far. It really helps to motivate a newcomer like me.

I am going to weigh in on Sundays. Good luck to everyone.
yukimfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:03 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 184/C/145

Default Day 2 is going good!

I ate under my points today and went for a walk with my mom I dread the night time so much because all I want to do it eat....it is more of a habbit then anything else, and it really sucks! I am trying to keep motivated, in 78 days this will be worth it I just got to stay positive.

This has nothing to do with dieting, but my mom gave me a book for christmas titled the simple abundance, and she claims it is a very inspiring book...i was wondering if anyone has read/heard of it?

Anyways good luck!

Jenn
jenn_mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #43  
Losing for Life!

jenn_mullett: Glad you have joined us. You sound like you are ready to get started and have a sensible goal we will all be here to cheer you on!

candoitby06: I am glad your little slip hasn't upset you too much. It is great you can put it behind you and get back on track! That is the best thing to do!

lateralus98: This thread has a lot of devoted excercisers good job!

Smilla: If you do get discouraged, come and talk to us about it, it is why we are all here! You are doing great with your excercise too!

reshiegirl: You are off to a great start! All your food in place and ready to go. Don't worry about asking for help if you have questions, it can be a bit strange at first but you will soon be in the thick of things here with us!

rollmdl: Sounds like a great lunch, I love avacados with chicken or anything actually!

Jenn: I was a big nighttime snacker too and it can be tough to break that habit. I started buying cases of Dentyne Fire gum to chew and keep me from eating other things and after 2 boxes I am now down to about 2 packages a week. It did take awhile but now I can manage with a banana or a pear instead of the pretzels and other salty foods I was eating. I do still have popcorn one night a week though, it is my little indulgence!
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:44 PM   #44  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Wink Second Half of Weight Loss

By April Fool's I would like to lose the last 20 pounds and reach my goal! I know it will be harder, but I am determined I will sticke to it now matter what! I am planning an vacation in April and I wanted a fab body to go!
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #45  
Winning is losing

Miaka ~ How tall are you?
Im A Loser is offline   Reply With Quote