Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-11-2017, 10:06 AM   #106  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinFit View Post
Good morning everyone,

I can finally say that I had a good weekend! I stayed OP and I worked out. I walked on Saturday and Sunday. Today I will not be able to get out to walk due to the storm but I will do a Firm DVD. I think I probably should get up and do it now in case I lose power later. Our offices are closed today so I get a free day off work .
Great job on your weekend! Which DVD are you going to do?

I don't have my weights at home, so I'm thinking about doing some type of low impact cardio at home. I just remembered that I did weights yesterday, so it's a cardio day for me.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:43 AM   #107  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all My plan to skip lunch yesterday didn't happen, I had the munchies, but I stayed on plan and within my limits. I got the drop I was looking for after hanging on to a gain for a few days, so that was a welcome sight this morning on my scale.

Edited to add: I had to carry a shoulder bag with a laptop and a bunch of paperwork around today. I noticed the extra weight as I was walking from my train to work, and when I had to climb stairs at the train station, and then I realized that it was probably similar to the 10lbs I've lost...even though it's a small part of my journey, it's made a big difference already.

Weigh In: 252.6 (-1.6)

Breakfast: Bulletproof coffee, bacon
Lunch: Fathead pizza
Dinner: Chicken breast in taco seasoning and field greens

Last edited by Angie; 09-11-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:50 PM   #108  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

No workout to report. DH took over the TV today so he could keep up with the weather, so I couldn't use a DVD for a workout. We stayed home today. While I cooked DH went to the shop to check on things there. Everything was fine. We have one tree in our front yard and it's leaning toward the driveway, not the house. We have had a lot of rain this month so the ground is already saturated. The combo of wind and saturated ground is making the tree lean. So far today, we have gotten over 6 inches of rain. Our power flickered a couple of times but not long enough for the generator to cut on. The cable was out for about 5-10 minutes at one time. So far, so good for us. I have seen reports of a lot of flooding in the area.

Calories: Unknown

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (380 calories)
Oscar Mayer Natural Hickory Smoked Uncured Ham & Monterey Jack Meat & Cheese Plate 300 calories
apple 80 calories

Snack (190 calories)

Nitrate free beef jerky (190 calories)

Dinner ((???))

Homemade chili
cornbread
collard greens
brownie

Exercise

Nothing

Enjoy your evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-11-2017 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:21 PM   #109  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Diana I am so glad you are safe but do keep an eye on that tree!

Today so far I am looking good 5.5 carbs and dinner has still needed to be decided

steps not as many as I would have liked, I did not get to walk at work...wearing the wrong shoes for that and forgot my tennys
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:40 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Yesterday I tried out sliced apple with pistachio butter. I have never had pistachio butter before, but I loved it. With the apple it tasted like dessert rather than a snack. This week I’m going to try to make my own walnut butter. We will see how that turns out.

B: one green banana with cinnamon, coffee with coconut oil and cream, one square of dark chocolate dipped in pistachio butter
L: spinach and arugula salad with avocado and tuna, evoo and lemon dressing
D: millet and veggie stir fry with garlic, onion, carrots, cabbage, eggs, evoo, and coconut aminos.

Diana I’m glad the storm isn’t hitting you too hard. Our relatives and friends that live near Tampa actually fared pretty well. Their power didn’t go out so they were lucky. I feel so relieved.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:24 AM   #111  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hi all! I'm here!

ugh I am waiting for scores on 2 of my CPA exams...should get them both next week I'm sorry to be so sporadic and MIA on here...so much going on at work because of the impending High Holy Days along with my studies.

So, once again, I am at that phase where I am going up and down between 156 and 159...even 160 yesterday because of alcohol water retention. I don't learn! Then I forget what I eat when this happens and I get frustrated... Now my stomach is bloated and I'm holding 3 pounds of water

better hold myself accountable again!

today:
B - deli chicken breast slices w/ light mayo
S - 5 prunes
L - veggie masala (tasty bite)
S - organic cheddar ducks (costco, 1 package)
D - omaha turkey patty on sandwich thin with tomato and pickles, mustard

that's it! I hate water weight! I did have a breakfast burrito out yesterday morning. Could have had a lot of sodium because i only had 2 glasses of wine Saturday evening. Granted, Friday I was dumb and had a shot plus FOUR glasses of wine! My excuse was that I took one of my exams that day.

always the same story with me! I must drop the water and continue in the downward direction on the scale ASAP. Hope you are all well!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:31 AM   #112  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!
170.1 this morning

I noticed that every other week I have a bigger loss, then kind of maintain that the following week, over time it's trending down, so learning to be ok with that. (Like I have a choice) Mussels and corn on the cob for dinner last night, so could be some sodium, still .5 down from last week. I finished "it was me all along" I didn't love it, didn't hate it, it had its moments. I'm back to reading Christopher Moore, need some humor, and listening to Thich Nhat Hahn.

Diana glad things are going well so far, hope it continues that way for you all.

Syckgirlsfv good to see you, you're doing great staying in the 150s. Hard to believe you're still waiting for exam results!

Magistra pistachio butter sounds amazing, who knew!

waving Hi all around, hope everyone has a great day

Last edited by kelijpa; 09-12-2017 at 06:43 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:40 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Diana, I saw the picture of the market in Charleston. Looks like a good 3 feet of water. We have not had too much flooding in the upstate but so many tress are down they closed schools again for tomorrow. I was keeping an eye on ours all day and they were good but I also have an arborist come out every couple of years to do a tree health assessment. Nobody needs a 60' tree landing on their house. Hope you are with power and not flooded. Funny. whenever we have bought a home we look at the flood maps, elevation, topography with respect to dams (since we have so many earthen dams etc.) and have not ever had that issue.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:44 AM   #114  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

We are going back to work today. We are suppose to have our ladies meeting at church tonight. Not sure if we will still have it. We had almost 8 inches of rain at our house, yesterday.

Syckgirlsfv Welcome back!

Last night I did: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Gotta love the sodium gain, NOT!

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 183.4
Up: 2.2 pounds

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 12

Colossians 3:2
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

The smells from the cafeteria were more than Blanche could take. Not that the cafeteria food was anything to write home about, but when she was on a diet, almost anything smelled good! She grabbed her jacket and headed out the door. Immediately, the fresh fall air erased the cafeteria smells. The sky was a deep blue, and the white clouds lazily drifted by. The sun was out, the birds were singing, and everything was right with the world. Blanche spent her lunch hour just strolling through God's splendor. Before she knew it, her hunger had passed, and she was ready to tackle the afternoon. The glory of God had lifted her above her earthly passions, and she was grateful.

Today's thought: There's much more to life than lunch!

Last edited by Diana3271; 09-12-2017 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:56 AM   #115  
Work in Progress

Good morning to all

WI up again today 161.4 but did not make a good choice for dinner, airfried pizza rolls what was I thinking????? carb city!
WO was upper body strength, I think I may have pulled a muscle I will keep stretching.

B: two eggs
L: large salad with italian dressing
D Chicken thighs
S: protein bar
Old 09-12-2017, 09:32 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Today 243.6. Some bouncing. BP [haha before poo]
Stayed on plan yesterday though I had a hard time finishing the chicken - its a texture thing - too much fat in the meat even though it was skinless boneless breast meat.

Breakfast Greek yogurt 8oz, 2% milk 1oz, blueberries 6 oz, .2oz dark chocolate
Lunch Tuna (4oz), Romaine 4 oz, Peppers 2 oz, carrots 2 oz, cucumber 2 oz, Walnut oil TBSP, Macs SC Mustard BBQ sauce TBSP
Dinner Green Peppers 3 oz, onions 6 oz, celery 1 oz, spaghetti sauce .25 cup, mozzarella 1.5 oz, parmesan 1oz, EVOO TBSP

Today is, yes, a very light day.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:29 AM   #117  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning all,

A quick check in for me today. I've been without power since 3:45 pm yesterday and I'm trying to preserve the battery on my laptop. I've been using it to charge up my phone. I got another free day from work today as it's still pretty bad in the Atlanta area. No power, no lights, lots of downed trees & debris. My back yard looks like a war zone but It's all good. I'm just happy that a tree didn't come down on the house.

Diana- Yesterday I did the Firm's Cardio Sculpt Blaster along with the Fanny Lifter step. That is one of my all time favorites. I hadn't done it in about 2 years and I'd forgotten what a workout it was.

Not sure what I will do today with no power & not wanting to get out on the streets to walk.

I did good with my eating yesterday and plan on sticking to the program today.

Today's Log
B: Cheese grits, bacon, coffee
L: Turkey breast on sandwich round with tomato
D: WW Gumbo
S: Watermelon, apple, popcorn or Pirate's Booty
Exercise: TBD but I will definitely do 30 mins of something
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:08 AM   #118  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning!

Diana & Kelijpa HI!

I'm still up almost 3 pounds of water this morning no change from yesterday...whatever! I ate under calories and everything, this is just one of THOSE times! We're going to walk tonight.

Menu today:
B - 3 oz ham (pastor's wife gave us a 10 pound ham yesterday...I didn't know what to do with it! Freezer stuffed full, so dumped a bottle of bbq sauce on it and slow cooked it for 5 hours.)
S - 5 prunes
L - 3 oz grilled organic chicken breast, 2 cups steamed organic broccoli
S - if needed, re-fried beans
D - TBD

had coffee already this morning and now sipping detox tea. Will have dandelion tea next! Lots of water with lemon oil added. Have a great day!!!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 09-12-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:15 PM   #119  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

I'm happy to say that I was able to get my workout in even though still dont have power. I found a Walk away the Pounds video on YouTube to do from my tablet. Now if I can only stay this motivated!

Enjoy the rest of your dY everyone.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:50 PM   #120  
Work in Progress

GettinFit I love The Firm DVD's I use to do them all the time until I found fitnessblender which gives me a bit more of the strength training l enjoy.

Syckgirlsfv Great to see you again!

granny don't ya just love the ouncy bouncy game?

I am off to the dentist to get my crown put on. don't know if you remember a few weeks ago my filling came out

Back later