Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-10-2017, 12:15 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Sometimes I buy clothes that I admire on the hanger but don’t really admire on myself. I think that if I just lose weight, the garment will finally look good on me. So I keep it rather than return in it hopes that when I lose weight the garment will finally fit right and look good. Today I tried on three of these garments. Unfortunately they are now too big on me and they still don’t look good at all. I put all three in the give away bag. And I’m glad to have a little space in my closet. Clearly I have to change my thinking. If it doesn’t look good don’t buy it. The end. Lesson learned.

B: one egg fried in olive oil, romaine salad with evoo and vinaigrette dressing, coffee with coconut oil and cream
L: three slices swiss cheese, a few walnuts, one Quest chocolate chunk power bar
D: Baked halibut with lemon, garlic, evoo and rosemary, broccoli cooked in butter with a little iodized sea salt and cracked pepper

grannynancy I take Prebiothrive, but not every day because I do eat a lot of prebiotic foods. I eat a green banana almost every day. Other prebiotic veggies that I eat a lot of are: Asparagus, Artichoke, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Collard Greens. Cinnamon is also a prebiotic, which I sprinkle daily on something I’m eating, usually my banana or scrambled eggs. Another good prebiotic is honey. I don’t use honey that much, but it’s a good one.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 06:46 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good morning everyone. 243.4 today. Not updating my profile until this sticks.

Woke up early so drinking coffee and getting ready for a busy day. Going to batten down stuff on the deck. We are only expecting a good bit of rain and have a high wind warning but it is not that much also need brush out my dogs ("German Shedders". ........ and some general house cleaning.

Did not eat breakfast yesterday as I got side tracked and was late getting out the door for dog training so all I ate was supper. I was hungry but not lightheaded or famished or anything. Not a good practice but good to know the engine kept running pretty well.

Today
Breakfast: 1 egg, 1oz cheese, 4 oz hashbrowns, 6 oz onions, green peppers, mushrooms [so an egg dish with hbrowns]
Lunch: Salad, not sure which protein probably a mix of already cooked tempeh and walnuts. Walnut oil (1oz) and vinegar in salad
Dinner: ground beef with cabbage stir fry and .2oz dark chocolate.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:42 AM   #93  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (sitting)
Nothing for this morning

Calories for yesterday: 1530 +
Weigh In: 181.4
Down: .4

Have a great day!

I really like today's devotion, not necessarily today's thought. But I guess it can depend on interpretation.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 10

2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Brenda decided it was time to lose weight, and she did. Peggy struggled a little bit more, but she lost the pounds she wanted to, also. Tracy wondered why everyone else seemed to do so well, while she did so poorly. Maybe something was wrong with her! Maybe she couldn't lose weight. The more she thought about it, the more frightened she became. Often our mind turns out to be our worst enemy when we try to diet. We can alarm ourselves needlessly. Everyone diets differently, and everyone receives different results. There is no place for fear and doubting in dieting. What we need is perseverance and faith that God will help us.

Today's thought: I have a very skinny spirit!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:10 AM   #94  
Keto Warrior

S/C/G: 196/165/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone.
Hope we're all doing good. I'm feeling good today. It's my son's birthday and I have restricted myself to an inch piece of cake then walked away Very proud of myself and only 1lb away from my halfway point.
MrsMcsMuffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:38 AM   #95  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I've been struggling with a 2.6 lb gain over the last few days. I didn't want to believe it at first, and then when I saw the same number the next day I had to believe it, lol. I took the next day off the scale and focused on making a few changes (No dairy, 2 meals rather than 3, higher protein and fat). Today a good chunk of it is gone, with a little to go. I'm planning to do the same thing, but with adding more water today.

Weigh In: 254.0

Breakfast: Bulletproof coffee, bacon, steak
Lunch:
Dinner: Low carb chili

Nancylmrn: I felt the same way when I found that recipe...it's such a treat when you've not had bread for a while. It's not exactly like traditional bread, but it's soooo nice to have sometimes . I hope you enjoy it.

EmilyLarnder: I can relate to the change in the weather, fall makes me want to eat stuff in bowls, lol. Friday night I made up a bunch of comfort food, all on-plan for me, to put in the freezer. I made soups and chili, so I'll have some yummy go-to food when I'm not in the mood for preparing something later.

Chunkalunkah: I used to mix them by hand but the last time I used my mixer, I didn't find much difference, except that my hands were cleaner, lol.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 06:06 PM   #96  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all!
169.0 this morning

So, finally made it to Walmart in search of Joseph's pitas, a friend at work recommended them, and some people on a WW site. I bought the pitas and lavash. I made a quick pizza with the lavash, it was really good. It took the longest to heat up the oven and pizza stone.
Heat oven to 450, spray or brush a little olive oil on the flat bread, then a couple tablespoons of tomato sauce, too much will make it soggy (the recipe said) I used about 1/2 cup of part skim mozzarella, then sprinkled with Italian seasoning, garlic salt and Parmesan cheese. 5 minutes once the oven is heated. Yummy.
You need something to get the pizza into the oven, like a cookie sheet, I have one of those wooden pizza things. Someone put a note if you want more crispy edges to cut the flatbread into 4 pieces, I might try that next time.

https://www.josephsbakery.com/recipes/

On the iPad if that doesn't work, google josep's lavash pizza
It seemed like if you just put the flatbread in the oven and crisped it up it would make nice crackers.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend

Last edited by kelijpa; 09-10-2017 at 06:10 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:35 PM   #97  

I made this tonight and it was delightful! I had already cooked the ground beef in advance and with a food processor it was easy (lucky I had the ginger and sesame oil on hand). Can't really post on the Bright Line eating because the sauce has a little sugar in it. Seriously? I like the plan but sometimes the idea of low levels (like the idea of eating 0.2 oz 85% chocolate) is too much so...... better to say nothing........else I will be accused of trying to derail people.

I don't plan on ditching the plan because the approach is working for me and I am eating healthier than ever before, but don't really have an issue with sugar but i gather there are people who would actually sit there and eat the stuff with a spoon and can't have it in their kitchens. I normally have a bag of dark brown sugar last me over 6 months and white sugar over a year.

https://www.budgetbytes.com/2016/08/...bage-stir-fry/

Last edited by grannynancy; 09-10-2017 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:57 PM   #98  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good evening to all. I am back but tired it really was a long two days. I just finished reading all the posts but trying to respond to everyone with personals just seems so daunting right now.

I can say however I enjoy eating out less and less and less, it seemed like I only had 1 meal that whole trip that did not make me feel awful. I will not be surprised when I get on the scale tomorrow and show a gain. Good news though I am pumped up to start a new 4 week purchased video plan from fitness blender. This one is called FB Burn each days workout will avg about 35-40 minutes.

I will check back in tomorrow
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:10 PM   #99  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

We are suppose to get the effects from Irma tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too bad and there won't be any tornadoes.

Total Approx 1390 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (700 calories)
Grilled mahi wrap w/BHF's ranch 700 calories

Dinner (430 calories)
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies 125 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
mixed melon 125 calories

Exercise
30 minute bike @ gym, JS Total Body Timesaver w/8's
Old 09-11-2017, 06:08 AM   #100  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!
169.7 this morning

Can't complain, definitely doing better over the weekends than in the past!

Diana said a prayer,hope all goes well.

GrannyNancy that stir fry looks yummy, will have to try.

Hope everyone has a great day

Last edited by kelijpa; 09-11-2017 at 06:08 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:37 AM   #101  

Good Morning. 243.8 today - I had hoped for another drop as Mondays are my personal "check in" day- so down 1.8 for the week. A little less of a drop than I had been averaging.

The rain is officially here but forecast has dropped to about 4" and max wind gusts to 50mph-sustained 20-30. Still expecting isolated power outages as the ground is already saturated.

Nancy - I understand exactly what you are saying. When I eat out the food is too salty, too greasy , and usually not that good compared to what I make. There are only a few places (like our favorite Thai restaurant) where the food is "better"

Diana- Hope you do fine with the wind and stormy weather

MrsMcMuffins - Wow. Great on the birthday restraint! It is so easy to use special occasions as an excuse to go off the deep end

kelijpa - Glad the weekends are going better!

Angie - this has helped me get through and understand the upticks that sometimes happen.

http://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/

Breakfast: Greek yogurt, blueberries, oatmeal
Lunch: Salad with tofu, lettuce, peppers, cucumbers, carrots,
Dinner: Chicken breast grilled, roasted fennel, corn
Old 09-11-2017, 09:05 AM   #102  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Right now I have His Radio Praise playing in the background. What a blessing to be able to listen to this right now.

We have rain and gusty winds right now, but it's not too bad.

Since I wasn't on a time schedule this morning, I was able to do a full Oxycise workout.

kelijpa
Thank you. Great job over the weekend!

grannynancy Stay safe. Great job on your loss.

Last night I added on: Full Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1390 +
Weigh In: 181.2
Down: .2

Have a great day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 11

Romans 4:21
And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

Jesus Christ turned water to wine, He walked on the water, and calmed the sea. He cured many diseases and cast out demons. He conquered death for His friend Lazarus and for Himself. He promises that He will be with us and that His power is ours as we try to be the people God created us to be. How, then, can we doubt that He will help us when we need to lose weight? Are not the pounds of our flesh within His scope of power? Cannot the chosen Son of God do such a small miracle in our lives as to give us the determination we need to conquer fat? This He can and will do, and much more, if we will but believe.

Today's thought: 'More' brought about my distress; help me, Lord, to live by 'less'!
Old 09-11-2017, 09:39 AM   #103  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to everyone!

Diana that is good news about Irma
Kellipa great job on staying under the 170
granny Think I am going to give that stir fry a whirl
angie hang in there it will drop right back off

WI 160.6 so up a bit
WO complete, lower body strength and cardio HIIT 36 min

Since I started a new workout this morning my thought is to change things up with the eating too. I have been lax and not tracking my food for the past few months so today I will start doing every bite and see where I am at. Also going to cut out some of the empty calories in the way of adult beverages. Summer was not good for that.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:41 AM   #104  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post

Since I started a new workout this morning my thought is to change things up with the eating too. I have been lax and not tracking my food for the past few months so today I will start doing every bite and see where I am at. Also going to cut out some of the empty calories in the way of adult beverages. Summer was not good for that.
Good luck with the new exercise and food programs.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:58 AM   #105  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone,

I can finally say that I had a good weekend! I stayed OP and I worked out. I walked on Saturday and Sunday. Today I will not be able to get out to walk due to the storm but I will do a Firm DVD. I think I probably should get up and do it now in case I lose power later. Our offices are closed today so I get a free day off work .

I hope you all have a great day and I hope everyone stays safe from Irma.

Today's Log
B: 2 Eggo waffles, 2 tbsp lite syrup, C skim milk, coffee
L: Lean Cuisine
S: watermelon, apple, popcorn
D: WW Gumbo
Exercise: Firm DVD
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote