Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 07:56 PM   #31  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Good evening, everyone! I was a bit wiped out after yesterday's first full day at my new job. Ladies, I think I learned the best way to get in a lot of exercise and lose weight at the same time- be the dishwasher at a hot new restaurant, to which you not only wash a bunch of dishes all day, but also bring them out front to the grill and front counter. I plan on bringing in my pedometer on my second day later in the week, to see how many steps I logged. boy, was I sore yesterday when I left work- and I exercise daily! I used muscles I forgot I had. If you can believe, my waist was the one area that had the most soreness.

Welcome aboard/welcome back to Determinedchick22, Tuscany, Terry23, sonickel77, and Candidcamster!

Candidcamster way to go on your weight loss! You've lost an amazing amount already, keep up the great work!

flower123 thank you so much for the well wishes concerning my health. Thankfully, I feel a lot better- about 80%. Stomach bugs always take about 5-7 days before I feel like myself again. Glad it's over, hope I never get that again, lol! Sounds like that gluten free cookie was good- my daughter is suppose to eat gluten free. She does for the most part, but she's young, and naturally, when she's out with friends, she doesn't like to be a party pooper and not eat out with them, so she gives in. Then wonders why her stomach doesn't feel so well afterwards. I told her, she needs to just tell them what restaurants she can eat at, or perhaps bring her own food along, and eat it in the car while having just a soda or something while they eat at the restaurant (college kids can't afford the healthier restaurants that have GF stuff on the menu, unfortunately).

Diana I hope the vitamin C works for you and that you feel better soon. It will probably take awhile before it starts working, but keeping fingers crossed that you get some relief from this soon! Glad you had a nice day near Myrtle Beach. I hope to one day visit there, I hear everyone that has been there say it is gorgeous! My father-in-law lives in SC during the winter months- lucky guy!

novangel waves hello to you! Good for you, being able to do Jillian's exercise program! I am not daring enough to try it, perhaps when I lose more weight and are more fit, I will attempt it! Keep it up, sounds like you're doing great with Jillian!

BelovedWarrior I totally understand about the bird's nest- we actually had one in our outdoor light- you know, the one that supposedly didn't work, until one day, after the nest was in there, suddenly, someone accidentally turned on the switch, and wouldn't you know, the nest lit on fire! Thank God I was outside and smelled and saw the smoke! I was shocked, as that light fixture never worked before, and hubby, who's an electrician, just kept putting off fixing it. There were no babies in the nest (or eggs), thank goodness, or I would have felt terrible.

Also, congratulations on your ten pound loss- that is amazing! Keep up the great work!

My Mom loved May Day- she used to tell us how her and her brothers use to decorate their wagons, and their neighborhood would have a parade back in the 20's. Funny thing, my mother had so many traditions growing up, but she never carried them over to us kids, but she would tell us the stories about them. I wish she had, it sounded like so much fun!

ZCA72 so glad zero carb works for you. Unfortunately, I was told to never do that again, or low carb, as it made me very sick. We have kidney issues in our family (my Mom died of kidney cancer), and because of that, it made me very ill. Even low carb I can't do, and God knows I tried, but always got so very sick from it, my cholesterol went way off the charts, among other issues related to it. It works for certain people, and I think that's wonderful. I think you have to have a certain body chemistry for it to work, but it sure is envious to see others have great success with it and pretty quickly. My friend and I did Atkins together- she lost 88 pounds in five months, I lost 12. I never cheated (she had one cheat meal a week), exercised every day, and the difference in the weight loss was staggering to me. I knew other folks doing it, too, and they lost an amazing amount of weight on it. Unfortunately, that was the start of myself getting sick, and not knowing why. Good luck to you, sounds like this works beautifully for you, you're doing an awesome job!

Sassypants I haven't forgotten our healthy race to onderland! You're doing an amazing job! That's awesome about the treadmill. I got my TV back recently in my office, and pedal away on my recumbent bike while either listening to music or watching shows/movies that I record. Makes the time go by fast, sometimes I forget I am pedaling, I get so absorbed into the movie or show I am watching.

I totally understand about the cave in to candy bars. Generally, I am not a sweet eater, but candy is definitely my weakness! You did great resisting the first box, and honestly, better to have one and then move on, then to eat nine hundred other things that don't appeal to you and have more calories than the candy bar has. I've learned a treat or two every now and then is ok, so long as it isn't the entire box.

Treasa- hello! great job on getting the 10K steps in during a busy month! It can be hard when you have a loaded schedule and can't do a normal routine daily for a few days/week/month. No doubt, you'll be back in no time to a regular routine again!

Inkrid- I love Black Bean burgers. I usually just pulse them slowly, then add them to the rest of the ingredients and shape them. I made the mistake of putting them in my NutriBullet one time, it was worse than soup, more like black water. Sorry that happened to you, it does stink when you make something and it turns into a disaster.

I did gain back one pound the last couple of days. Recovering from the stomach flu keeps my weight going up and down for about a week. Plus I was sore last night from my first day at work, so I did expect a gain this morning, but was surprised that I weighed the same as yesterday (yesterday, I gained the pound back ). It will all work out again in a few days.

Have a great night, everyone!

Last edited by Steelslady; 05-02-2016 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:03 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

I've had a bad few days! I've put on 4 lbs...I'm sure water weight...just one fast food restaurant after another. It's back to my normal eating tomorrow! I will get back down!
Old 05-02-2016, 08:34 PM   #33  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

My Report for Yesterday:

Bfast (105 cal) Coffee w/ creamer & sweetener, Greek yoghurt
Lunch (411 cal) No-noodles lasagna (I LOVE this dish)
Supper (414 cal) Baked salmon w/ steamed broccoli and cauliflower (w/EVOO)
Treat (100 cal) Skinny Cow chocolate truffle ice cream bar

Exercise: 60 minutes (30 treadmill and 30 elliptical)
Per fitbit: 11,350 steps and 60 active minutes

Total calories in: 1,030
Calories burned per fitbit: 2,290
Deficit: 1,260

Scales: 183.0 (drop of 1.5 lbs.)

I know a 1.5 lb. drop sounds like a lot, but I was 184.0 a week ago and I’ve since been bouncing up and down, despite staying on plan. So, after all is said and done, I lost 1 lb. in the past week…could be better, but could be worse. I’ll take what I can get!

BelovedWarrior: I loved your little “poem” to flower about the wine. Hilarious! Oh, and working 50-100 hours doesn’t phase me because I absolutely love what I do. It’s like getting paid for having fun! The only downside is I sit at a computer or in meetings 99% of the time, which is why I ended up at my current weight.

Inkrid: Your bean patties are exactly how most of my recipe attempts turn out. I’m an absolutely useless cook. Indeed, the only reason I have a kitchen is because it came with the house.

flower: I’m not too concerned about the speed of my weight loss…as long as the lbs. come off…that’s the important part. Hope you enjoyed being naughty!

Sassypants: How old is your daughter?

Diana: Thanks for the encouragement! Oh, to live in South Carolina where the sun shines more often than not. I’m so tired of our cold weather. When I got up this morning and looked out of my window, I saw frost on the rooftops…in May, no less!

ZCA72: I can’t wait to start shopping out of my own closet… I have plenty of stock!

Treasa & Nicholsfamily: Good luck getting back on track!

Steelslady: I hope you enjoy your new job. It certainly sounds like it will provide plenty of exercise.

To any that I've missed: Happy Monday!

Last edited by Tuscany; 05-02-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:40 PM   #34  

Hello Everyone, I am just getting to my computer. As I mentioned yesterday, my schedule is CRAZY aka Cray Cray. I hope everyone had a good day and by glimpsing at the posts, U did Posting is a victory in itself! Getting back on the wagon is also a major victory. I had a full day as usual. I exercised this am and was on my way home tonight and lost my phone. Yikes! That is a sure sign for me that I need to slow it down and I plan to do just that starting tomorrow! There is some benefit to not having a phone.... Anyway, I wanted to blow my diet tonight but fortunately I did not. I had pork ribeyes and broccoli cooked from yesterday and ate according to my pre-planned plan. I have another chop waiting for me tomorrow. Yay for me! Have an awesome night everyone and I shall check in tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:43 PM   #35  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Checking in but declaring thread bankruptcy! I can't keep up. Jillian is going well and I believe today was day 6. I also got a bike ride in and have a hike planned for tomorrow. Food gets cheaty. I need to get on that zero carb or something.

I wish I could easily post a photo. I caught the puppy with another cat poop and it looks like a cigar hanging out of his guilty face. My friend photoshopped him into the dogs playing poker painting. Anyway, it might have killed your appetite for the rest of the day!
Old 05-02-2016, 08:57 PM   #36  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

SundoveI am so sorry that my post to you didn't show up on my other replay. I don't know what happened?

Anyhow, good for you, joining the gym! Do they have a recumbent bike there? I love mine at home- it helps support my back, and because of that, it enables me to work out longer. I belong to Planet Fitness, and do the treadmill there and the fun machines for my legs, abs, and arms. I love it there, and at least it saves my house from being cluttered with more exercise equipment that we have no room for. I would love to get a treadmill, though. Maybe I can find one on Craigslist- usually, when I look for something on there, there isn't one to be found for months. As soon as I get what I am looking for, a dozen or more show up the next day on Craigslist, lol! I have found some pretty neat stuff for nothing on there, so I honestly can't complain. Keep up the great work on your workouts!
Old 05-02-2016, 09:35 PM   #37  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Has anyone seen the ad that shows a woman's mouth and a syringe? It says something about reducing lines and wrinkles. I am getting that one on a regular basis now. I find that one disturbing, too. I get all the weird freaky ads, I don't know why. I haven't searched for anything like that.

Treasa Good luck getting the exercise in this month.

Sassypants At least you stopped with the one candy bar. I don't think I could have the box in the house. I would have to go on and write a check to pay my candy tab.

Inkrid Sounds like a tasty solution to the bean burger fiasco.

Belovedwarrior Yay for the new Pampered Chef toys! I started the vitamin c on Sunday or was it Saturday? I always have some level of the angioedema. Since it started I have never had day that I didn't wake to swollen lips, swollen eyes, hives, the cuts on the inside of my mouth, etc. There's always something. On a positive note, things are not as bad with the antihistamines. I used to have a spot on my tongue that burned like fire 24/7. That was awful. I thought it was cancer at one time. The dentist said it wasn't cancer and she had never seen anything like that before. She took pictures and sent it out to other Dr's to see if they could come up with an idea. Finally when I got a diagnosis the allergist confirmed that it could be from the angioedema. When I started taking the antihistamine it went away. I am so grateful not to have that any longer. Although it will flare a bit at times.

Steelslady Yay for the new job. How do you like it? I hope it's a fun and interesting job. I would love to work at a healthy type place. Although, I can abuse the healthy foods too.

Nicholsfamily Get right back on track. You can do it.

Tuscany Congrats on the 1.5 pounds! Great job on your day!

Terry Great job sticking to your plan.

CoolMom That is such a naughty puppy that you have. Great job on the exercise. Just post what you can. No worries about keeping up.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Old 05-02-2016, 09:37 PM   #38  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1500 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 piece toasted Alpine Valley organic sprouted honey wheat bread 60 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
coconut water 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60
Old 05-02-2016, 11:35 PM   #39  

Hi everyone
what an active Monday in this community!

Diana I am getting an ad for some kind of supplement to recover fast and restore mobility. IDK why I cannot see Oprah giving birth. Just once. Am not sure I want to see the one with a woman's mouth and a syringe. Probably not Just saw another ad on page 2 to watch cult horror movies online for free. The woman in the ad looks sort of like a vampire. I DO hope these ads are not targeted to a specific audience Congrats on the .4 loss. In the 160s

Seelslady Wow, talk about exercise. I bet you will be losing weight from this job. Even if you increase calories. Wonder why your waist was the area that was most sore. I so admire that you can go to planet fitness. I cannot be there. Just too big and busy. And I don't seem to like what they have on TV there Sorry your daughter has such a difficult time being GF at college. I can see why it would be challenging for someone her age. Too bad there isn't a GF club at school.

BelovedWarrier yes wine does sound like a lovely dinner. Especially red wine which is never chilled. Great idea. Awesome that you are enjoying your pampered chef prizes

Inkrid sorry your bean burger turned into soup. Personally I love bean soup. But if I want a bean burger then bean soup is not so good. I use "fantastic refried bean mix" a lot in soup. that with veggies and cumin ahhhhh heavenly.

Sassypants
. Sorry about that spud craving. Maybe I should have specified that it looked raw. Perhaps it will calm the craving to know that now its a horror film ad. Earlier today it was a Honda CRV. Okay, I really do need one of those You got on the treadmill at 4:30am? Really? You are a strong woman to do that.

Treasa so happy to hear that you have not gained any weight. Glad you are back. Getting on track again with exercise. (something I know little about :rofl)

CoolMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMom75 View Post
caught the puppy with another cat poop and it looks like a cigar hanging out of his guilty face. My friend photoshopped him into the dogs playing poker painting
too funny. In a sort of nauseating way I wonder if the vet has suggestions. I just looked it up to see if I could get info. Started getting a bit nauseated so left the web page. sorry

Terry23 Great job staying on plan. Having mastery over those cravings. Hope you find your phone

Tuscany congrats on your diligence with both calories taken in and also exercise. Also congratulations on the 1.5 loss.

Nicholsfamily Yes you will get back on course and lose the weight. I remember when I was full throttle losing mode. It was so simple. As I have said so many times, getting closer to goal is a whole other thing.

ZCA72 glad you are getting needed rain. We need it also where I live. It was a fairly dry winter. No snow pack to trickle down from mountains to the valley. Had to laugh when you said " I can't grab a ribeye from a shop LOL" right. meat snack stands, not so popular

Hi to everyone else. Kelijpa I hope the music festival was good. Magistra I hope you are getting through the end of year push with school. SunDove Everyone else

Weight was up this morning. . No surprise considering what I ate yesterday. Lots of inflammation due to something I should not be eating. AND I tend toward inflammation anyway With calories, today I was on plan. Total calories will be around 1100 maybe a bit less. I tried going on the small jogging trampoline. I was very bored. It did not last long. If I had some nice snacks to eat and a glass of cabernet while I was on it, that would make me stay longer.
I hope everyone has an awesome Tuesday.

Last edited by flower123; 05-04-2016 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:33 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone, thank you for the shoutouts! lol Today was pretty good for me, though lacking in fiber, I had only 1,710 calories (which is really low for me, especially as of late ). I weighed in today at 234.6 lbs. (this was after eating, drinking water, clothed, pms, pick an excuse lol) but it actually inspired me a little bit because while I was in the roaring 220's my motivation was poor, but being in that "morbidly obese" category (according to the BMI) helps bring out my inner warrior princess.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:52 AM   #41  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

I'm back, FatGirl took over towards the end of the trip, so I have some work to do. Hopefully some water weight gain that will drop off quickly. life on the road isn't easy, yummy, but not easy

There are already 39 posts on the May thread, so I will just say, hope you are all doing well and I'm wishing you the best, I'll try and catch up later tonight.

Diana thanks for the thread, hope all is well!

B-spinach, cashew milk, pb2, coconut oil, banana smoothie
L-romaine, sprouts, mushrooms, olives, banana peppers, salsa, bolthouse farms salsa ranch
S-activia yogurt

Best to all
Old 05-03-2016, 08:01 AM   #42  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

kelijpa Welcome back!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: 1/2 Oxycise Level 2 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1500 +
Weigh In: 169
Down: .2

Waving Hi all around! Have a great day!
Old 05-03-2016, 09:24 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 284/279/180

Good Morning, all!! Happy Tuesday
I had a doctor appt yesterday afternoon. Origionally I thought it was just for labs, but she wanted to see me as well. I have to get labs drawn every so often because I have a whacko thyroid that doesn't like to work, so it's monitored pretty closely. I'd been on the same dosage since August, so she wanted to recheck before refilling my RX, and just see how I was feeling. I had expressed my concern last summer regarding my weight issues. It's honestly been a lifelong battle, that had gotten WAAAY out of control. I put my goal weight at 180, which honestly isn't where I "should be" according to charts, but it is the weight I was when I graduated high school - and I can't imagine being that size ever again. To me, that is a great goal, at least to start with When my doctor came in, she was looking at my chart from my appt last summer, and my weigh in from yesterday. She was blown away! I told her that I didn't get motivated to start this new lifestyle until March of this year, so my weight loss has just been since then, NOT when I saw her in August. She asked for all of the details and kept saying how proud she is of me. It felt really good!! I told her that I was trying to stay under 1000 calories per day, but wondered if she thought that was too low. She said as long as I am feeling good, still have energy, not getting headaches, etc, keep it up! She cautioned me about hitting the plateau and not getting discouraged. She said depending on labs from yesterday (will know results in a day or 2), she won't need to see me until next year, and also commented that she probably won't recognize me. Last night when checking my emails, she had sent me a message again commenting on my weight loss. Seriously? It's only been 22 pounds, but she made it into such a big deal. I needed that

Beloved - I caved into the potato craving When I got home from appt. I was on cloud 9. DH suggested we go to dinner. I was good (well, kind of) and had a burger wrapped in lettuce instead of having the bun. I also had water with lemon instead of having my diet coke with lemon. oh yes, then the fries with ranch. Not gonna lie DELICIOUS!!!! Totally satisfied the craving, and honestly, not really regretting it. Love your poem to flower about the grape/wine dinner. That's my kind of dinner

Diana - I keep seeing the injection ad as well. I kind of flinch when I see it each time. I had thought it was because I've been looking at anti wrinkle eye creams online, so maybe they thought I'd rather have an injection instead? Um, no thanks. I'll keep my crows feet/laugh lines, thankyouverymuch

Steelslady - So glad to hear the new job is going so well...what a workout! I haven't forgotten about our race to onederland, either! (Beloved, you are included in this as well, remember You will die when I tell you about my treadmill deal...So the one I have now is my 3rd one. The first 2 were used as clothes hangers in my bedroom. Used for a little bit in the beginning, then just collected dust. They were both free, one from craigslist, one from my cousin. The one I have now...it's a Nordic trac - one of the really nice ones that has the TV built in to it. My husband is a garbage man, and they have "clean up" in the spring where customers can bring in pretty much anything on specific days and get rid of it for free. (instead of taking it to the dump) People bring in yard waste, washers and dryers, car parts, furniture, etc. He always asks if there is anything we are looking for...the kids usually ask for scooters/bikes, one year I asked for a dresser. (I wanted an old dresser that I could refinish and paint) Well, this year, I asked for a treadmill. Low and behold - someone was getting rid of this one. I've used it everyday - it works great!! One mans trash is another mans treasure! I hit the jackpot on this one! I looked it up, and this is a $1500 treadmill!

Tuscany - our daughter is 3. We also have 2 boys, ages 7 and 10. I started a little later in life - 30 when I had my first one. My husband is 13 years older than me. When my husband was turning 50, I surprised him with a trip to New York. He has been a lifelong Yankee fan. We had a great time. This was our first trip away without the boys. Wouldn't you know, about 6 weeks later, got the positive pregnancy test! Told you we had a great time So, yes, my husband was a new father again at 50! They keep us young

Coolmom75 - That is absolutely hilarious about the photoshopped picture of your dog!!! OMG.

Flower - My husband leaves for work at 4:30, that's why I'm up. I get up every morning with him - make his lunch, have coffee, etc and shove him out the door. Honestly, it's my only "alone time" during the day. I really enjoy my few hours before the boys get up for school. I have my coffee, watch the news, get online. All alone She woke up this morning as well - however I was smart and decided to wait and do the treadmill today until after the boys are at school. She loves it when I back the car out of the garage so she can ride her bike in circles while I'm on the treadmill. Whatever works, right?

I'm working the next 3 afternoons. I do pretty good, eating wise, when I work. I'm usually busy enough where I don't have time to sit around and snack. By the time I get home, the family has already had dinner, so I'm not tempted by whatever they're eating. I usually text DH when I'm on my way and he throws my chicken in the oven so it's ready when I get home.
Have a great day everyone!!

Last edited by Sassypants75; 05-03-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:49 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Accountability in full force today!

Weigh in : 137.8 (131.2 is my low)..

Calories: Today 1200-1250

Exercise: Cardio with the girls at the field.

I’m good while I’m at work..but when I get home I’m like a person who has never ate anything… it doesn’t help that TOM is here and I feel like I literally could eat everything and I HAVE while I’m at home. Back at work today..and back at it today. So the plan today is to eat lunch like I’ve been doing and also incorporating a 15-20 minute walk after lunch. So atleast I will be burning calories within my day too.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
Old 05-03-2016, 06:59 PM   #45  

Height: 5'9"

Hi Gang!

Oh dear, "my" ad is TOTALLY geared toward "me" LOL!! DS got into a service academy, and of course DH and I were Googling everything "military". And here I am on 3FC. So now the ad is a big black girl with the caption "Military Husband Jaw Dropped After Seeing Her Transformation"... LOL!

Breakfast: Green Smoothie (Kale, Spinach, Romaine, Banana, Rice Milk, Dates, Ice)
Lunch: D&D Sausage Sandwich and a Medium Coffee with Cream and Sugar
Dinner: Spaghetti and Meatballs with Kale Salad (Kale, Seaweed, Hummus, Tahini, Sesame Seeds and Oil, Pumpkin Seeds, Lemon Juice) and Coconut/Rice Milk

Closed Thread