Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-04-2015, 08:35 PM   #61  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Ian: Do you weigh in daily? just curious. That would make me crazy.
Yep. At the higher weights it really motivated me because until 180lbs I would lose 6 days out of every 7. It was awesome.

(I always used to gain on Tuesdays!)

Now, I still do it. But have to be a little more patient with the losses. Although this week I have also lost 6 out of 7. So we could be on to something sweet....

CoolMom, my advice to feel greater satisfaction is to get your protein up in place of those carbs. So ditch the toast and eat lean meat or fish or just more egg. Same with the wontons. fwiw.

OR

Max out on veggies and salad.

Last edited by IanG; 05-04-2015 at 08:42 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:58 PM   #62  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all!

Survived the gravel moving, the weather was so nice it was great to be outside. Sore muscles all over did some yard work, too, then we took Hunter for a little walk. All added up to only going up a pound and a half over the weekend, usually a much bigger gain, so happy about that.

I'm in the same boat as others here, can't seem to get the hang of losing again, which is mind boggling, since I've done it like a million billion times I'll just keep plugging away until the spark hits again.

Fairy sorry to hear about your sister, best of luck with the dogs. I haven't watched Grey's in so long, I was surprised that it was in the 11th season, wow.

Diana we got two big piles moved around, DH worked a little more one filling in some spots that needed it. It's fun playing with the doggie isn't it?!

Cool moon tonight, full and glowing reddish

Hope everyone has a good night and good weigh-ins in the future!
best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:52 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Default Day 13 Atkins Induction

A good day today. I have been busy Grocery Shopping as I am cooking a BBQ Chicken dinner tomorrow for my Shriner's club. Serving Potato Salad and Coleslaw as sides. I will partake of the chicken but I will leave the sides alone. The advantage of being the cook is I know the ingredients of the chicken marinade. It is Atkins friendly.

TOTAL: 7g Carbs, 83g Fat, 105g Protein, 1,248 Calories

Breakfast
Generic - Egg - Fried - Extra Large, 2 Egg
Great Value - Cheese, Sharp Cheddar, Finely Shredded, 1/6 Cup
Swaggerty - Premium Sausage Patties, 2 patty (1.2 oz)
Sugardale - Corrected - Hickory Smoked Sliced Bacon, 2 slices
Coffee - - - Decaf, 8 oz

Lunch
Pork - Pork - Pork Chops, 4 oz cooked

Dinner
Squash Yellow - Squash Yellow Steamed, 1 cup
Chicken - Grilled Thighs With Skin, 4.4 oz.

Snacks
Herb-ox - Chicken Granulated Boullion, 2 tsp
Home Made - Extra Large Hard Boiled Egg, 1 egg
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:57 PM   #64  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Sending everyone : for their weigh-ins. Sometimes it seems like the body changes and what worked before no longer works. I maintained for at least a year and was in fact losing on the same calories I am eating now. I would actually lose down to the 140's. After that I faced an incredible amount of stress and my thyroid got out of range. It took a while for that to get straightened out. You would think that I would start losing easily again. But it hasn't happened. Not sure what's different now. Sometimes I think it's mental. It's like a switched has been turned off in the brain/body. :drunno: All I can think is to keep trying. I am really scared, myself, to drop my calories. I don't want to risk causing other problems for myself.

Magistra Yum, smoked salmon. I haven't had that in a while.

Rachel2writer I hope you are continuing to feel better and your DH gets better soon.

Novangel You can do it. Just get back to what works for you.

Ian Good job on the 1.2 pounds! I am wanting the 160's too!

Syckgirlsfv Good luck with weekends. You can do it.

flower I hope you rest well tonight. I agree that sleep makes a big difference.

Fairygaia Good luck with the new puppy. I hope she gets a clean bill of health soon.

Kris Hi

CoolMom Sending you and : Stay strong.

Kelijpa Good job on the weekend and all of that physical work you did.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:58 PM   #65  
Trying to live below 200

Larry I hope the BBQ is good. Enjoy!
Old 05-04-2015, 10:01 PM   #66  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1485 calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow white cheddar cheese 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
grilled salmon 500 calories
2 orders green beans 200 calories

Exercise
JS 40 Minute Jog
Old 05-04-2015, 10:11 PM   #67  
Warrior Princess

I'm going to start posting my meals so that I can be more accountable to myself. It's something I have never felt comfortable with and still don't out of fear of being judged, but if I know I have to "confess" I'm less likely to over do it....maybe. We'll see how it goes. I don't exact measure anything, I just eyeball and try to go minimal on condiments. Some days I eat very well, others are so-so, some days only one meal, and some are as if I'm about to go to the chair. Today was not much as far as quantity but quality was carb and dairy heavy so today was so-so.

B: Onion bagel with little cream cheese, coffee w/ a splash of half and half and tsp of sugar

L: Left over stuffed cabbage with lean ground turkey, dollop of sour cream on top

S: Beef jerky stick

D: Basic egg salad sandwich with lettuce on white bread (Yes, I know white bread is bad)

9pm: 40mgs of Lipitor

Exercise: None. TOM is awful, I will exercise tomorrow.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:59 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

B: bagel with butter and raspberries, chai tea
L: big green salad with chicken
S: smoked salmon on Rosemary crackers
D: Pollo Loco chicken, tortilla, beans and cole slaw

20 minute walk in the woods, saw a coyote, did an about face and went the other way! Poor fella, he was probably hungry, like me.

novangel I know what you mean about fear of being judged. Sometimes I don't want to say what I've been eating. I know my diet isn't perfect. Sometimes I am just coping with my life and I feel the need to eat comfort food. But the encouragement on this forum is incredible. Everyone here is cheering me on, and it is motivating. It makes me want to try harder. Here are some cheers from me to you.

Fairy Yes, it appears that we have a similar goal to exercise. Sometimes I sit at my desk for long periods of time and work, work, work. I am trying to get away from my desk and move more. I love what you are doing for exercise. Tai chi sounds like fun!

Diana The smoked salmon is delicious. I am working at getting more fish in my diet. Thanks to Ian, I am inspired to eat more fish. I have been told that if I eat more fish, it will help lower my blood pressure, so I'll try it.

Flower Congrats on the .2 lbs
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:56 AM   #69  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Novangel Good job on your day. I have never made cabbage rolls. (I am avoiding cabbage now due to the thyroid drama). They sound great. Something similar is Syckgirlsfv's stuffed peppers. I need to make these soon.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (seated)
This Morning: Oxycise Level 1 workout

So yesterday's dinner was the same as usual except it was "seasoned". We don't normally eat at this place, only a few times a year. You cannot make special requests here, so that's why I limit how often we go there. All that said, calories the same except for seasoning and I have a gain. Totally pi$$e$ me off!

Calories for yesterday: 1485 +
Weigh In: 174
Up: .8

Have a great day!
Old 05-05-2015, 08:51 AM   #70  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by magistra17 View Post
novangel I know what you mean about fear of being judged. Sometimes I don't want to say what I've been eating. I know my diet isn't perfect. Sometimes I am just coping with my life and I feel the need to eat comfort food. But the encouragement on this forum is incredible. Everyone here is cheering me on, and it is motivating. It makes me want to try harder. Here are some cheers from me to you.
Thank you! I've been a member of 3FC a long time and I agree, the support here is amazing. I lost a good amount of weight and went from a long-time couch potato to a runner. I've been lacking motivation in recent days because I have been so busy with my Son in baseball but I'm going to be back in warrior mode in no time.

Diana, I wasn't aware cabbage had an affect on Thyroid. I used to love pink grapefruit juice and grapefruit isn't allowed with my medications so that's the end of that. :/ Stuffed peppers are SO good, I make those from time to time too. I use the orange or red bell peppers for those, the green for other recipes. Now I'm getting hungry.

Have a great day, everyone.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:45 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 265/175/140

Height: 5'3"

Fairy, I am so sorry to hear about your sister. Hugs! Good luck with the new puppy. We have a zoo ourselves (3 cats and 2 dogs). Love those fur babies!

Diana and Nova, I've dealt with Hashimoto's for 20 years. The recommendation used to be to avoid cruciferous veggies (cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, etc) completely. Later research says to limit raw servings of these. I eat lots of cooked cruciferous veggies with no problems, just not much raw. For me, the biggest things to avoid are soy, gluten, and dairy. I've managed to decrease my thyroid antibodies from in the 500s to around 40 eating this way. YMMV.

I am STILL coughing from this bronchitis/chest cold issue, but continue getting better. Unfortunately, DH is down for the count now. I left him sleeping this morning since it's his day off.

May 1 start - 245
W-244
B- coffee with coconut oil and cashew milk; smoothie (cashew milk, mixed frozen fruit, cashew butter, honey)
L- bratwurst, sauerkraut, roasted broccoli
D- ribs, some type of veggies, roasted potatoes
S- grapefruit, boiled eggs
E- 30 minutes at lunch; 30 minutes after dinner (unless that promised rain shows up - if that happens, I'll do an exercises DVD or some bodyweight exercises.)
rachel2writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:29 AM   #72  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

W 152.6
B 5 quail eggs, guac and salsa on toast (kids helped me shop and quail egg had to be bought. seem more a pain in the butt to cook)
L veg, chicken sausage
D cod

Rachel, cute profile pic!

Diana, sorry about the sodium bomb. Rachel has some interesting info. Could you try gluten free bread? Everytime I've looked at gf bread at the store, it looks not so good, but a friend made gf bread in a mug in the microwave and it tasted okay. Thanks for the willpower mojo. I did stay strong and am fine this morning. I just keep thinking about that 140 number and it's only 12 pounds away! It seemed so far when I started.

Ian, not just more protein but more food! I'm only eating 950 calories per day. It's amazing that I feel satisfied at all with it. Haha! My carbs are typically less than 100 per day and that's my happy number. Any fewer and I'll need that tart cherry juice.

Going to try and tackle another section of weeds in my yard and looking into ground cover plants to replace them with. We had a tree removed and it left a wide open spot for weeds.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:42 AM   #73  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning everyone! the good news is that I only have one pound of water or so from the weekend...and usually it's 4 so that's an improvement!

magistra you and I are both in L.A. What area are you in?

ok, my tax midterm seemed super easy! it was LONG but I felt good about it - we'll see. I forgot to mention that I aced the biology midterm (sex and gender) I got 85 out of 86 and one other student tied me for highest score. I know this because professor thought it necessary to go on about! LOL

B - trader joes high fiber cereal/coconut milk
S - fresh cut cantaloupe, compliments of DH
L - organic baked potato w/cottage cheese, 1/2 grilled organic chicken breast, organic steamed green beans
D - not sure yet
EX - we're going to ride bikes after work, just not sure how far yet. 15 minimum, but hopefully 20.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:22 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

Good Morning!
Internet service popping in and out so quickly: I stayed totally on plan, Did aerobic DVD. Turns out new dog has heart worms- so she's at Vet's right now. Full morning already- just had breakfast-so late start on that. About to head out to my fairy garden to do my yoga outside today- such a beautiful sunny day after a stormy night.

FairyGaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:23 PM   #75  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Oooh, up 0.8lbs today to 173.4lbs. I felt bloated today. It might have been all the smoked fish yesterday. Anyway, I hope I get back to losing tomorrow. I don't want this to be another plateau.

For breakfast, I had tuna, anchovies and smoked oysters.

For lunch, I had salad and smoked oysters.

For exercise, I did 60 minutes boxing before work and ran 4 miles before lunch.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote