Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 11:19 PM   #31  
Hot Stuff

Day 1 was a smashing success! Emergency Food Watch kept me on my toes.

Food: 1263 calories
Exercise: Upper body workout, 30 minute bike ride
Water: 48 oz, not counting the diet caffeine-free coke I had
Multi-Vitamin and calcium: check and check!
Logged into Fitday: Check!

Day 2, Bring it on!
Old 07-20-2003, 10:53 AM   #32  
Empress/Queen

Yo!!!! Everyone's doing great and I'm on Day 8!!! Hoorah!!!

I'll be back!
Old 07-20-2003, 12:45 PM   #33  
Empress/Queen

And, heeeereeee's Amarantha!!! Down a half pound and very pleased with that (considering how slowly this lovely sea cow metabolism lets me lose)!!! Still wearing smaller jeans! Still doing great at Day 8. Will post food on Emergency Foodwatch!

Never fear, Day 8 is here!!!! YOWZA!!!!

Old 07-20-2003, 08:13 PM   #34  
Empress/Queen

Ending eating day at 1680 (hopefully)!!!! All reported on Emergency Weekend Foodwatch. If I add one more carb control shake later (which would only happen if I get too hot), I'd still be ok on the challenge at 1790. I'll do an update if I have that shake, otherwise, I'm good to go at 1680 and MOVIN' ON DOWN THE LINE TO DAY 9!

Beam me up, Scotty!
Old 07-20-2003, 09:54 PM   #35  
Empress/Queen

Had the shake, kitchen closed for the night at 1790, still in the ballpark for a successful day and I'm gonna say this one more time ON TO DAY NINE!

No more calories until Day Nine!
Old 07-20-2003, 10:27 PM   #36  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi there. I just found this thread and want to join. I'll be back with my 21-day goal just as soon as I decide on one. I have one in mind but I want to give it a bit more thought.

I'll be back soon.
Thanks for starting this Amarantha!
Old 07-20-2003, 10:50 PM   #37  
Empress/Queen

Welcome redballoon!!! Look forward to seeing your goal!
Old 07-21-2003, 07:44 AM   #38  
Never give up

Ok, folks. Count me in! I gave it some thought and I'm going to do it the hard way. Meaning I'm going to do the hard one AND another. I figure I can always start counting again.
OK, in writing --

Starting July 22 (which is now only a few hours away since I'm 13 hours ahead of U.S. East Coast time) I'm not going to eat ANY sugar. None. Not any type but what you find in fruit. That means checking labels for hidden sugar too.
It's really tough but I did it for a whole year and I can do it for 21 days. I have to. This is my trigger food. I find it so hard to stop at just a bit.

OK, AND the other thing is I'm going to double it up with an exercise goal so I don't start pigging out on anything BUT sugar. I did that for most of that year so even though I lost a lot of weight around my waist and felt tons better I didn't lose much overall weight.

Oh right, getting carried away. The second part of my 21-day challenge is to get on my exercise bike for a minimum of 15 minutes a day. Either bike or jog. And I'll record the time and so with my Polar pulse monitor!

OK, here goes. Ready or . . . I'm ready!
Old 07-21-2003, 08:02 AM   #39  
Empress/Queen

Wow! Redballoon, you are an awesome challenger and I tip my hat to you on the sugar goal!!! Great plan!

Ok, I'm on DAY NINE and feelin' fine! Long, difficult day ahead but I AM DETERMINED! Must share that on that other forum where I vacationed for awhile, I tried a 21-day challenge approximately four times and day nine was the kabaash each time , BUT THIS TIME I'LL SURPASS THAT AND MOVE ON TO DAY 10!

There is no power on earth that will move me back to day one today!!!! This is my vow, this is my mission, I WILL MAKE IT TO DAY 10! AMEN!

I'll be back, probably late tonight!
Old 07-21-2003, 09:59 AM   #40  

Default 21 challenge

HI all

Ok i started on friday and i did my 1/2 hour work out all 3 days. I notice im paying more attention to what i eat. This is great!
I didnt want to go out yesterday but i had to in order to get my exercise! So thanks for starting the 21 challenge. I will be working out today even if i dont want to....yay for me.

Sheryl
Old 07-21-2003, 03:23 PM   #41  
Never give up

Amarantha,
Thanks for the encouragement. It's 4 a.m. here. When I woke up my first thought was, "Oh, my God, what have I done!?!" (when I thought of my challenge). But I'm going to do it! Heh, anything looks bad at 4 a.m.

You can do it too. Don't let those past 9 nine days of yours have been for nothing!

Scoobysnacks, good for you. 1/2 an hour all three days! You are rockin!

Last edited by redballoon; 07-21-2003 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:54 AM   #42  
Never give up

It's me again. I see no one has posted since my last post. Sorry to be giving myself so much air time here. Just wanted to say it is now 2 p.m. and I am going strong with the no sugar. I am about to jump on the bike for the second part of my challenge.

This is great. OK, I haven't done it yet (but I will!) but normally there is no way in the world I would have gone anywhere near the bike today. So, this is a great motivator.

Thanks again.

Oh, by the way, as way of introduction. I'm 43, single, live in Tokyo, have for the past 20. Am originally from Pittsburgh, work as a writer and editor, have 4 cats and co-own a horse, who just this morning managed to dump my instructor, who has not, and I quote, fallen off in "seven years!" Go Heidi!

I think this is a cool place and I'm going be here to give you all your much deserved support.

Another by the way, my handle comes from a classic and cool French movie from 1956 about a red balloon that befriends a little boy. All I could remember about the movie was this balloon always bobbing just out of reach and the little boy trying to catch it. Thus, the connection between that elusive lean, lithe body of mine, not! Also, I have red hair.

Now that I've totally bored you all . . .

Best wishes.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:01 AM   #43  
Empress/Queen

Smile Yo!

Yay, 21-day challengers!!! We are all doing great!!! And, not to put in a discouraging word, but it's important to remember that the 21-day thing is VERY hard and many people (me, esp.) start over and over and over again on Day 1. So, guess you know that this is leading up to me having blown DAY 9 and being back on Day 1 again, right?

NOOOOOT!!!!

My Day 9 calories (drumroll): 1660!!!! Nutritional choices pretty bad but that's for another challenge!!!

Scooooooooby!!!!! You be the bomb!!!! You're nailing this thing!!! Keep a'goin' ... you've got it in the bag!!!

Red Balloon!!!! Don't worry about airtime (I never do!!!) ... hope you keep posting as often as you like ... that's what inspires us to keep the momentum going!!! You're doing great!!! (BTW, I'm a journalist aka writer and editor as well, but am looking for a new profession. Would LOVE to live in Japan, and remember the Red Balloon movie very well.)

To all on this thread, mentioned and unmentioned, hello. Let's keep going!!! Re the challenge, the way it's usually stated is that when we get through the 21 days, we are said to have done "Block One" and we can go on to "Block Two" ... I think this gives us dietary karmic luster or something ... anyhow, I'm finally going to be a "Block Oner" ... I'm really ready! I'll be baaaaaack! Production day today and this challenge is the only thing that's gonna keep me from blowing the calories!!!! ON TO DAY 11!!!

Old 07-22-2003, 03:26 PM   #44  

Hi day 5 for me...i didnt get my half out work out in yet. I did get a great work out in yesterday. It was so awesome. I also photographed the instructors wedding and she loved the pictures and so did the class. So that gave me an extra high!

Today i went shopping and i fit into a size 12..thats amazing..i havent fit into a size 12 since my junior year in highschool. So i bought 5 pair of jeans all totaling under 16 dollars. Macys...women amazing sales!!! Styles Co...very excited.

Amarantha no your the BOMB...check you out day 11...eating well and hitting below your calorie goal! Kicking some major butt!

Redballoon..way to go with the no sugar. Thats rough! Thats awesome..power to u!

I think we have superpowers!

Sheryl
Old 07-22-2003, 03:29 PM   #45  
Domestic Engineer

Back on Day one today. It was so hot yesterday and didn't feel like cooking and ended up at Arby's with DH and the kids. Didn't even remember my challenge!! BUT I made a decent choice considering- got the market-fresh roast beef sandwhich and diet pepsi. No fried though I did steal a few of DHs. So it could have been worse I guess

Today is 1 again for me...

Amarantha- you are doing awesome! I have no doubt you are going to make it around the block! Whoo-hoo for you!
Closed Thread