Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 01:30 PM   #16  
Progress..not perfection

I am thankful for you guys.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:44 PM   #17  
BELIEVE!

Good Afternoon Chickees!!!
I am thankful that the week is nearly over. I know, I know, I have so much more to be thankful for, but that is the first thing that comes to mind. It's just one of those weeks that needs to end. I am definately coming out of my funk, but now I have a lovely cold sore on my lip. I was just talking to a co-worker saying that I don't know why I got it and she reminded me how stressed I have been this week. I'm not usually that stressed, so I guess she's right. I do feel like the TOM bloat is about gone. I don't think my Friday weigh-in is going to be kind this week, but I can accept it. I've kept up my exercise and eaten 'ok' so I will rebound.

Pam - I'm happy to hear that you had a nice mini-vacation. It's always nice to have a couple days to yourself here and there. And, good job on the WATP tapes.

Natalie - I'm w/ Kat on the scale thing. I can't help myself but to hop on everyday, but I only record my weight one time a week. Don't become obessed with a quick loss - you are changing your lifestyle. You can do this!

Joanne - Thanks for sharing the photos of your trip. They are great!

Kat - Is it really that cool out today? I haven't been outside other than to park in the parking garage at work. It's raining here, but I'm glad for the break from the heat - as is my air conditioner! Thank you so much for the compliments on the Dining room. I am proud of it and now excited to start on the master bedroom. As for meeting up in Atlantic City --- any time!!! Jeff and I go down there all the time. It's just a little over an hour from our house. I can leave him at the blackjack tables and go for a nice walk on the boardwalk with you all. Of course I am also up for gambling if anyone else is!

Lori - Sounds like a good day on your end of the state!!! All kinds of things to be thankful for! I'm going to take my measurements tonight - hope I have lost and inch here and there as well.

Well, I've goofed off long enough. Time to get back to work!!!
Talk to you all later on!
Barb
Old 07-10-2003, 03:48 PM   #18  

Well hello all. I am feeling better. Thanks for the reality checks. I was so irritable this morning that I forgot to give my thanks.

I am thankful that I finally "woke-up" and decided to make a change
I am thankful that I had the strength to chuck the other half of that Hershey bar out the car window (along with it's 200 calories and 12g of fat)
I am thankful that today is my 14th day being a non-smoker.
I am thankful for my mini trampoline
I am thankful that I lost 7 pounds
I am thankful for Lupe (chihuahua)
I am thankful that I have the support all of you lovely ladies give to me!

THANK YOU!
Old 07-10-2003, 04:48 PM   #19  

Default Ohh, my!!!!

I don't know what I got myself into, I had a meeting with the foreman, and supervisors here for my new position, and went over everything I will be in charge of, and it's alot.
Every thing is new, I'll have to learn every thing from scratch, it will look awsome on my resume, but it's going to be a stressful position. Main technical support for the formans, and area supervisor.
No more coming and going as I please, I'll actually have someone to answer to, I like my freedom in the position I have, but the background experience that I will be getting will be awsome for future jobs.

Barb I'll have a mouthfull of cold sores by the time I learn everything, I also get them when I'm stressed or overtired

I'm thankfull that I got offered this position ( i think )
I'm thankfull that I'm getting a new car.
I'm thankfull for my son, and fiance ( were getting along really well, I may here wedding bells soon )
I'm thankful that I live in a small town surrounded by lakes and beautiful scenery's.
I'm thankful that I haven't gained back any of my weight

Grandma took son to the fair today, I want to go I love going to the fair, love the smells and the sights and entertainment. But I have to clean tonight, ( second job ) so no fair this year, well actually there's another one coming soon to another near by town, maybe I'll get to check that one out.

Well better get some work done.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:22 PM   #20  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies -
I just popped in to say HELLO and see how everyone is doing. It's a little quiet around here today. I hope everyone is having fun.

Duckie - Congrats on the new position at work! You'll do GREAT!!!

I am headed down to the treadmill, then a healthy dinner and vegging on the couch watching the Amazing Race!!!

Have a great evening!

Barb
Old 07-10-2003, 07:19 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Angry

Hi Tina
I am so glad you've come back. I really like reading your posts and have missed them.
I am praying that you have much better days and nights. Please know that I am much thankful also for you and our friends here, you all keep me motivated with your inspiration.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:23 PM   #22  
BELIEVE!

Me Again ---
For the last time tonight. Just wanted to say --- I stayed OP today and did 35 min on the treadmill.

That's it - just wanted to share!!!

I am thankful for this support group and each and everyone of you!!!

Sweet dreams to all!
Barb
Old 07-10-2003, 08:40 PM   #23  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hi all
today went bad as far as food it started out good. I found a ww recipe for pancakes jusst made 1 serving so I tried it they were good.

Then at lunch my bosses husband sent us a plate from the VFW so I ate it. Pork shoulder, baked beans, slaw, bread and choc cookie and water.

Dinner hubby got me a chicken plate but I only ate the breast and nothing else and water.

Oh well tomorrow is another day.

Tina glad to see you popping in.

I am thankful for all of you being here for me.
I am thankful for my family.
I am thankful for my job even though I felt like crap there today. Long story I won't go into.

Well I better go see all of you tomorrow
Old 07-10-2003, 09:57 PM   #24  

Good evening chicksters!

This is a quick post - don't have time for individual replies, except
I'M SO GLAD TO SEE TINA IN HERE!!!

I'm thankful for ----

1. My job - I have a wonderful supervisor, and I'm appreciated here; also the pay isn't bad either!!!

2. My home - even if it is my parents' - there are so many people who have nowhere to call home.

3. My friends - both at home and here at 3FC.

4. Being able to pay my bills on time and have some money left over.

5. My neighbors, who I have lived next door to all of my life - they are great.

6. Just being alive.

7. America

Hope you all are having a good evening. Love you guys!!
Old 07-10-2003, 11:01 PM   #25  
Progress..not perfection

Angry

You know, you guys.....I could never ever leave you...no matter how hard I try. I just get to a place sometimes....yes, I know you've all been there, where I just feel like I have nothing to offer you guys and you don't want to hear me bellyache, so I just have to step back for a minute.

I still am very unhappy with myself, but I am working on it. I have some very good ideas, I've just got to get them all together. I read another really good article in the latest Womans World that really talked about the benefits of journaling. I know people think it's a lot of work...but let's be honest. How long would it actually take? I have the little WW calculator that I use to keep track of my points, but to me....that is too easy. All I do is click on "record" and the number of points I've eaten and it keeps track for me. Yes, it is convenient....but just pushing in that number, sometimes is TOO easy... Does that make any sense? I think I need to actually write down what I'm eating and be accountable for it.

First of all.... Let me thank everyone that sent me a PM. You have no idea what it meant to me. I've always known I had your support, but it sure did mean alot.

2nd of all....thanks to ALL of you for all your wonderful support. You have no idea what it means to have the "troops rally around me".

I am thankful for:

1. My family (home and cyber)

2. I may be overweight, and not thrilled with myself right now, but I am alive and have a roof over my head. Some people don't have enough to eat.

3. My granny - I love her so much.

4. My friend Kim and my job with her. Working with her doesn't seem like work at all.

5. I am leaving on vacation in two days and I am so excited!

Connie: Did you get any storms today? It has been extremely hot the last couple of days, but rained like the dickens today.

Mary: It was nice of your boss to be thoughtful and bring you something to eat, but it sure is hard to resist when you're trying to get back on track, huh?

Barb: I am VERY proud of you. You seem so strong lately! You keep it up girl!

Joe anne: Thank you so much for what you said. Your PM was so sweet and very much appreciated. I am going to respond to it as well. What you said made sense and thanks for sharing with me. {{{{hugs}}}}

Duckie: I am thankful for you and SO glad that you are back. Don't ever leave us again! We need you around here, you know. We can do this. Let's do it together.

Natalie: I noticed you said you were thankful for your mini trampoline.... I have one too. Now, I know this is going to sound absolutely stupid, but how do you work out on it? Just jump up and down? I've always been scared of mine. Afraid I will fall right through it.

Lori: Don't you love it when your cat brings you presents? I've had several lovely dead birds brought to me. Also, VERY impressive that Bri's parents wants to meet you....are you ready?

Kat: Sounds like you had a really nice day weatherwise... I would have loved to have seen 64 degrees today! I sent you several emails. Let me know what you think.

Pam: I am very proud of you and all of your accomplishments as of late. You have been working very hard. Congrats on getting through the whole WATP 1 mile. It's wonderful, isn't it? I look forward to your posts!

2cute: Stop stressing about the new house sweetie, it will be fine. Of course, it is completely normal to stress about it. It will be a big change for you and everything will come together in it's own time, ok? Be happy about it. Also, I am VERY proud of you... Your icecream story had me in stitches. Good for your daughter for submitting it! P.S. I've never heard of Braums either. Sorry.

Andria: The article was absolutely terrific! What an awesome writer you are! Also, congrats on going to Curves even on a busy day. Good job.

Amanda: Good job on doing the one mile WATP. You may want to pace yourself though. You could maybe work do the 1st mile and a half of the 2 mile. Which one are you doing? The first ones or the one for the abs? I love her tapes!

Michelle: I didn't forget you either. Where are you? I'm emailing you my schedule tomorrow and what route we'll be taking so me, you and Kat can get something worked out. Barb too!

Sandy: By the way, Miss Post Police.. Where in the heck are you? Get your buns in here. Front and center! If I can do this, so can you.

Thin, Malia, Lucky, Jen and everyone else.....come on in here! You can do it! Thanks guys... for always being there for me. Please know that I will always be there for you too.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:46 PM   #26  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Not sure how much catching up I'll get done. Again, I'm procrastinating and putting you guys first and paperwork second!!! Not a good habit to get into even though it is more fun to talk to you all.

Yesterday was a busy day. I drove across town to pick up honey from work and we went out to dinner with some friends that live over that way and then to their house to play cards. I had a hotel job last night so we stayed over on the other side of town and I dropped honey off at work this morning and then came home to do some jobs back on this side of town again. We had a really nice time.

But......the best news is that I went back to Curves yesterday afternoon before I left town and Tracy let me work out. I was actually able to do the circuit and you'll never guess but I did it the whole 3 times like you're supposed to. And better yet, I'm here to tell about it.

And..... I went back again today!!! Yeah, ME!!!! I also did the circuit all 3 times today and so far, Tracy hasn't had to try out her CPR skills! I do find some of the machines easier than others, but I'm sure it will all get easier as time goes on.

You have no idea......oh, heck, let me rephrase that because I know that you all DO have an idea of what an accomplishment this was for me.

If I could send each and every one of you a bouquet of flowers for your love and support, I would. The picture I've attached is the best I can do. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!![[[hugs]]]

Duckie: Glad you're checking back in, kiddo. Missed ya! *Congrats on the new job. Sounds like it will really keep you busy. * Glad that everything else seems to be working out well for you too.

Justme: WOW, 14 days as a non-smoker! And losing 7 pounds so far! I don't think those two are supposed to be in the same sentence, that's why I broke it up into 2! Good job!!! STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE!!! It can definitely be your worst enemy! * Have you heard of Pria Bars? They are wonderful for taming that chocolate monster. Low fat, low calorie. Couldn't tell you about carbs, I don't check that. Pretty good tasting too. * I am so glad we found you in chat the other night. You have become a wonderful addition to our humble little thread and what a nice compliment, "You have all been a tremendous help for me. I find myself getting giddy when I see there is a new post......No wonder this is such a popular thread." Thank you. That was sweet of you.

Barb: Sorry your week has been hectic. Sometimes we just can't wait to get it over with. Then you get to be my age and you wonder where the time goes. I blink nowadays and several months have passed.

Tina: Oh honey, I'm sorry I wasn't around to comment on your awful NIGHTMARE! [[[hugs]]] I sure hope that you are starting to come out of your funk. I hope that now that the sadness, guilt, humiliation, and inner turmoil that that dream made you feel is subsiding and that you are able to take it for the message it delivered, to start taking better care of yourself. For some of us it's a picture that makes us "click". I hope this is your "click" to spur you on to renewed enthusiasm for this journey you began long ago and have done so well on. I love ya sweetie. What I've said here is not meant to hurt. I understand, most of us do. USE this dream for the message it sent you. [[[HUGS]]]

Lori: How awful to be awakened by the sound of a mower!!! Almost as bad as a yapping dog. My neighbor got a new puppy last summer and they would chain him up outside and then go in the house with the air conditioning going and, I guess they didn't hear him, he would be out there barking for 2 and 3 hours at a time. I finally had to go over one morning and knock on the door. All I could think to say to the woman is "can't you hear your dog?" Geez. This was 8:00 in the morning and he'd been barking since 6:30....on a Saturday!!!!

Kat: You guessed it! Curves is where I was!!!! I gotta tell ya, it's pretty funny cuz you're only at a station for 30 seconds and some of those dang machines take me all of 10 seconds to get on!!! I always make sure that there isn't somebody right behind me at the next station because I'd be using up some of their time while I'm trying to get my body extricated from a couple of them!

Pam: Congrats on the WATP tapes. Stick with it, that's wonderful!!! * BTW I think your response to Justme was great. We are too hard on ourselves and I do believe that alot of times it is that we're just in the habit of being unkind to ourselves and we don't realize it. But boy the feeling you get when you're able to be nice to yourself for a couple of days in a row!

JoeAnne: What a beautiful young woman your daughter is!!! She wrote a wonderful report and the pictures are lovely. You must be so proud of her!

2cute: Aw, honey, too much stress! I've moved out of Michigan and back into Michigan and you want to talk about stress???? Moving out of town was worse than back because we had no clue what we were getting into so far from home. You're stressing that people will come to visit too soon??? Try worrying that you'll never see any visitors because you're half way across the country. Some stress is normal, but try not to be such a perfectionist. (Kat has good advice!). [[[hugs]]] It will work out.

Andria: Ok, I must be braindead, but I used your link to get to the article and all I found was the one written by Tony somebody-or-other. What did I do wrong???

Amanda: Good job on the WATP tapes. You're doing great! * Ooooo, that recipe sounds WONDERFUL! Can't wait to try it.

Mary: Sorry you had a bad food day. Tomorrow's a new day, a new opportunity for commitment. Success isn't that we don't fall down, it's that we keep getting back up! (or something like that ) You had 3 OP days in a row, tomorrow will be another one. Let today go.

Connie: I liked your thankful list. * You sound like you've been doing really well lately and have the right mindset. Good for you! We do "have to put some E - F - F - O - R - T into it." This weight isn't going to come off just by itself.

Sandy: Sorry you missed your show the other night. That's one I didn't get into.

Terri: You're really doing well with the exercise. That's wonderful! Keep up the good work.

Jen: Hope your surgery went well. I also hope you'll check in here soon and let us know that you're ok. [[[hugs]]] I'm wishing you nothing but the best!

Barbara, Michelle and Lucky: Where are you guys??? Come on out and play.

Well, this post has taken forever. I started at about 4:00, set it aside, came back and now it's almost 11:30. YIKES! The 'baby' left tonight for a trip back to Buffalo to work on his little 'project'. Took his own car this trip and we just got a call that he had trouble with it on the way. I hope he gets back home Sunday ok. Hate for him to get stranded in Canada on his way back.

Also, I wanted to make a quick mention: A number of you have commented on the cards I send and you're very welcome. I do want the rest of you that didn't get snail mail to know that it's not that I don't love you, it's because I don't have your addresses. Mostly that's because last Christmas Sara organized a card exchange and those of us that wanted to participate, exchanged addresses. So.... please understand that I love you all, whether you got mail from me or not. Hopefully, you'll all still be around next Christmas and we can do it again.

Well girls, I really do have to get a report or two done tonight! Ya think???? I've got 3 due and none done. Later, girls.

"An old-timer is one who remembers when we counted our blessings instead of our calories!"

Here's your bouquet. THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Last edited by thinthinker; 07-11-2003 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:08 AM   #27  

Default Good Evening Ladies

Hello,

Just got in from work a few mins ago, couldnt go to sleep without checking in with all of you!

TINA...I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK WITH US!

someone shared the following with me today, you may have seen it before, but I wanted to pass it along just in case:

God populated the earth with vegetables of all kinds, so that Man would live a long and healthy life.
And Satan created the 99-cent double cheeseburger. And Satan said to man "Want fries with that?"
And man said, "Supersize them!" And man gained pounds.
And God created healthful yogurt, and Satan froze the yogurt, and brought forth chocolate, nuts, and brightly colored candy to put on top. And Man gained more pounds.
And God brought forth running shoes, and Man resolved to lose those extra pounds.
And Satan brought forth cable TV, remote control and potato chips. And man clutched his remote control and ate his chips. Satan saw this and said "it is good".
And man went into cardiac arrest. And God sighed and
created quadruple bypass surgery.
And Satan created HMO'S...........author unknown

Thought some of you might get a kick out of it...more tomorrow. Another wonderful day!

I am thankful for 1. The gifts I have received today, and my humility to accept them! 2. I am thankful for the integrity I am feeling again, and the ability to recognize that I have this problem, but can do something about it. 3. I am thankful to be loving myself and taking care of myself again. 4. I am thankful for my home, my job, and my life's partner. 5. I am thankful for all of those that participate in this forum, and to those who created it for us!! 6. I am thankful to live in a beautiful area of the country and the world! I get to watch the seasons change.... 6. I am grateful to have lost 10 lbs, I am ever thankful to be exercising and breathing better.

sw 356 June 5th
cw 346
first goal 50 lbs
final goal 130ish

Good night ladies!!
Old 07-11-2003, 03:04 AM   #28  
Dancing those pounds away

Wow... no one has heard of Braums but me. I thought EVERYONE knew of Braums. I knew of Krispie Kremes years before we ever had one around here. Oh well... I guess that publisher was right in asking me to rewrite that section because everyone may not know what Braums is.
And YES... for those who were guessing. Braums is mainly known for it's ice cream.
But they extended their services to breakfast and lunch and dinner fast foods. Then they were so popular they added a small grocery store type section of just foods they make. They are much more popular than Baskin Robbins around this part of the country. And i must add.... They are GOOD. LOL

Tina... I am so glad you mentioned going on vacation. I would have been driving to your door hunting you down in a few more days. LOL

Thin.... WAY TO GO GIRL !!!! For all of the newcomers here.... Thin "was" our resident NON exerciser. LOL This is quite an accomplishment !!! I am sooooo PROUD of you !!!! And thank you for the lovely flowers .

Wow Pam... that was a beautiful Thankful list. And I loved your little God created story.
I had heard it before.. but I never get tired of hearing it again. It is cute.

There were so many good thankful lists... I can't mention them all.
Gee... It is 2am and another night I am not sleeping. Too much to do and too little time to do it in.
I am sorry I did not get to everyone. I just did not realize how late it is.
I am thankful for all of you and your understanding hearts and your wise suggestions for my crazy neurotic side. LOL I love you all !!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 07-11-2003 at 03:06 AM.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:03 AM   #29  

Default IM HERE

I almost missed posting on a whole thread. Yesterday was just such a busy day and stressfull day. My computer at work, we only have one....besides the bosses laptop, mine got a major virus and I lost all my word documents. It won't let me use Microsoft Word at all, which almost all of my stuff is in. Thank god we caught it before it ate the Quick books program. So I think I have narrowed it down that it came for the state program company that we do business with. If so, there will be a lot more unhappy people out there. But, I did get to take a company check and go to staples and purchase a brand new one.....yahoo, and it runs XP, so I will be able to try that out at work and figure out what it is I want to do at home.

Thin: Congrats on Curves, you go girl and show em what you got and pretty soon you will be showing us what you have lost!!! Keep up the good work. The flowers were pretty too, I tried to scratch and sniff but???? LOL

Tina: Glad to see you back, yes, I know I need to get back at it too. I know we can do this just a matter of taking whats in my head and making it work. {{hugs}}

Amanda: Your doing a great job on the WATP tapes, keep it up.

Pam: It's okay to get confussed, your learning.....you will get it down. It took me a long time to figure it all out, then people have taught me little tricks along the way, like I think it was thin that taught me to open another window and have the thread opened on that one to be able to read and respond at the same time.....

2Cute: I'd never heard of Braums either? For icecream places here we only have like Dairy Queen and several self owned places with made up names. And we have Friendlys of course and thats about it for anything with a name that I know others would know? Funny how things are so different in different places.

Connie: Loved you thankful list, it was very very nice. It was also nice chatting the other night with you.

Mary: Miss chatting with you, seems we can't get coordinated with the times anymore....we will.

Duckie: Congrats on the job, boy what a title that is. Maybe now that you can't come and go as you put it, you can come and post during your day....lol...good luck and happy for you. Our fairs here start in August, I like to go too.

Justme: Wow you lost weight and quit smoking at the same time. You are awesome. I quit a year ago in May and gained a zillion lbs. You rock girl. Keep up the good work.

Lori: A rent rebate check........humm wish I could get a mortgage rebate. LOL. Meeting the parents......that will be fun.

Kat: We've got that nice cool weather here in Maine today, it is currently 58 degrees, and only supposed to get to like 65 or so and rainy. But we have had several wonderful days now.

Joe Ann: Keep up all your good work. How is TOPS going?

Adria: You do Curves too.....good for you...you and Thin and I think there used to be someone else are doing a good thing for yourselves. I need that inspiration.

Okay I think I got everyone.......I will try to pop back later and I will have to post again, because I am sure by then there will be a new thread started....

Hugs to you all,
Sandy
Old 07-11-2003, 07:30 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies,

I had a nice post of replies started from work yesterday afternoon and didn't get down to the computer last night to finish and actually post it. Now I'm behind again!

Tina - Glad to see you're back. I hope this funk for you leaves town soon. Don't be so hard on yourself; you've had a major life change with your DH. A person can only handle so much at a time. This is such a long, hard journey and it is very emotionally draining at times. Sometimes I get to the point where it feels that I am more obsessed about food than when I was obsessed about food. The struggle to keep your mind on the healthy foods and the disappointment we feel when the scale doesn't reward or we ate something that we know will set us back - is wears a person down. The journalling is a good idea. Food, stresses, emotions, successes, etc. You might have to just say, "This is what I can and will do today and that's it". Do what you can and don't dwell on the other. That may be that for today, exercise just isn't in the schedule. But planning your meals for the week and journalling are. Whatever works for what's going on with you emotionally and in your life. Focus on what you realistically will do and focus on those positive things you have accomplished. Soon you will add more successful things and that feeling of being in control will be there. I'm not trying to preach or sound like I have all the answers; just offering a hand to grab on to for support. Good luck and you KNOW you can do this because look at what you have done so far!
Closed Thread