Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 08:30 PM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Smile 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#365

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 07-08-2003, 08:41 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Arrow Ok....

I am seriously in the throws of PMS or battling some serious depression. Part of me just wants to walk away for a couple of days and then come back here with renewed perspective. But a bigger part of me needs you.....needs to talk to you, as I know only you will understand.

I am so tired of being fat. I am so tired of being unhealthy and uncomfortable. I am also tired of people telling me how easy it is and that all I have to do is get up off my fat a$$ and do it. If it's that easy, I don't think I would still be overweight. I don't know what magic pill people swallow that they finally hear this little "click" in their head and there's no looking back. I'm so tired of looking and hearing about all these success stories. I want to be one of these success stories. But how much do I want it? Apparently not enough. Apparently, I just don't care how big I get. Apparently, I can do well for a week or so and then I just don't care anymore. I'm so tired of not being able to stick with something.

I came home today to take a nap, hoping that it would refresh me so I could stay up a little later to be with dh. I fell asleep long enough to dream. I dreamed I was walking, painfully slow through a cemetery.....The air around me was all misty and full of fog. I was wearing this long flowing white dress, that to me..almost looked like a tent. I almost didn't look like myself because I had gained so much weight. I'm clammering through the graves, seemingly searching for something and then I hear it. Crying.....the soulful sound of someone aching, crying for their loved one. As I get closer, I realize it's my sweet dh and both my boys. I called out to them, but they couldn't hear me. I kept hearing them say, "Why? Why, Mom, why?" Why, Tina...why?" As I got closer, they were staring at a headstone. MINE. Under my name, there were no dates, just a phrase. It said, "She loved eating more than life........literally."

I woke up and tears were running down my face as they are now. I'm sorry guys. I am no help to you in this condition and I'm going to take a couple of days away. I'm not leaving for good. I could never leave you and I'm still meeting up with Michelle, Kat and anyone else who wants. I'm just not capable of offering any inspiration right now and I'm sure your tired of hearing my babbling....so I'm going to take a little break.

Please know I love you all....you are the best.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:42 PM   #3  

I'm here back at work. I'm going to catch up on all of the earlier posts during my dinner break and I will try to post individual replies.

I have been getting in some exercise the past few days, mostly walking. I pruned a couple of shrubs this morning then moved the limbs to the street for pick-up This was at 8am and it was already hot and humid and believe me I felt it. I walked one lap in the mall before coming to work. I told myself that I have to stop making excuses. These are small steps I am taking, but small steps count don't they??? I can just barely walk one mile right now. I remember when I could go 3-5 miles but that was 100 pounds ago. I feel like I'm not really doing much to matter. But the point is to keep on. I know that every step counts. My feet are sore tonight, should have worn my walking shoes in the mall. If I really want this weight off I'm going to have to put some E - F - F - O - R - T into it.

Hello and welcome to all of the newbies and returnees.

Back later.
Old 07-08-2003, 10:45 PM   #4  

Ok, I'm back. I burnt my tongue with my Healthy Choice .

On the subject of decorating shows, I don't watch Trading Spaces but I do watch the HGTV channel a lot; I like Decorating Cents and the show where they have the inspiration room; I also like the landscaping shows, especially Gardening By The Yard, that guy cracks me up.

Back to what Amanda said about not fitting behind the steering wheel, I hate it when I go to get my hair cut; the chair arms dig into my hips and I look like Jabba the Hut with the cape on. Matter of fact, I hate any chair with arms.

My cat is a pretty good fellow - all he does is lay around. Of course he's an old man now, so that probably is the reason why.

Tina - I am so sorry you are having a bad time; I know how you feel. I was so miserable then I found out I have diabetes. That was my wake up call. I had been feeling like I was in prison and I couldn't escape. Fat was my jail cell. I just kept eating and eating. I didn't care. I believe my problems started when my mom died in 1981; at that time I had lost 88 pounds, I was down to 140. But I didn't get to enjoy being slim, everything centered around her illness. So I guess in my mind I felt like "what's the use" and steadily gained through the years to over 350 pounds. I felt like I worked so hard for nothing. I never got to buy pretty new clothes. Instead of life getting better, it got worse. I was to the point that I didn't want to try again and have that happen all over again. But now I have a reason to eat healthy and exercise and I know I will have to do this from now on if I want to stay healthy. Just keep posting, it helps to talk it out. I'm here for you!!

Hope the rest of you ladies are having a good evening.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:35 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Talking To All My Friends Here

I wanted to make a post tonight-but I was too tired to think. A friend of mine sent this to me and I knew this was just the thing to post. I love all of you.

A story tells that two friends were walking through the desert. During
some point of the journey they had an argument, and one friend slapped the
other one in the face. The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying
anything, wrote in the sand:

"TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE."

They kept on walking until they found an oasis, where they decided to
take a bath. The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and started
drowning, but the friend saved him. After he recovered from the near
drowning, he wrote on a stone:

"TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SAVED MY LIFE."

The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him, "After I
hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now you write on a stone. Why?"

The other friend replied:

"When someone hurts us we should write it down in sand where winds of
forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for
us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it."

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE.

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to
appreciate them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget
them. Send this phrase to the people you'll never forget and remember to
send it also to the person who sent it to you. It's a short message to let
them know that you'll never forget them.

If you don't send it to anyone, it means you're in a hurry and that
you've forgotten your friends. Take the time to live!!!

THIS DAY I HAVE BEEN HONORED WITH THE FRIENDSHIP OF MANY WONDERFUL PEOPLE. AMONG THEM IS YOU.

CONSIDER THIS CARVED IN STONE

Old 07-09-2003, 12:20 AM   #6  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow

Wow ... so many posts there is no way I can keep up.
I did reply to everyone twice in a row so I am going to miss this time.

BUT... Tina... {{{ HUGS }}}
You are certainly in the clutches of EVIL !!! That darn PMS is the devil reincarnated.
Please hold on.... he will die out soon and you will be back to Normal .... what ever that is. LOL I sent you a PM and an email. As they say... "When you get to the end of your rope... tie a knot and HOLD ON "
I understand where you are coming from... just know this is NOT YOU... it is the PMS, and your bodies reaction to certain foods. The REAL TINA is being held captive by that da** chemical change going on within your body.

I have had a FULL day. I won't go into all of it. I spent 7 hours running all over town and I am worn out. I am heading for bed.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:35 AM   #7  

I am back for a minute.
someone asked why we start new threads when we do.
thin gave an excellent explaination but I want to add a little more... (not that I am a controller or anything) lol

Once upon a time we were allowed to post lots of cute pictures. We could post all sorts of funny , birthday, welcomes... you name it... we could post it. It took FOREVER to download all of them.
In our desire to keep the pictures for entertainment ... and yet not take forever for some people to download them (people like me have slow modems and dial up connections) we made the decision to start a new thread every 30 posts.

We grew accustomed to our habits plus we enjoyed knowing how many posts ( in general) we had posted as a group as a whole.

In the meantime... They took our options to post cute pics away from us totally. In time they returned partial use of cutezy pics again... but once you post them... they won't let you post it again. They are sly little ways around it. but just not worth the trouble anymore.

In the middle of all of this controversy... it was suggested to post a new thread "daily". But at the time it got voted down mainly because... some days are really really s l o w .... and it was not inviting to newcomers to see a thread with only 4 posts. Also... some people who post at night would always be at the tail end ... and feel like their posts would not be read the next day.

SOOoooooo ... we decided to keep it at a new thread every 30 posts.
I for one.... am a creature of habit. I like it this way best.
I like knowing on average... 30 posts @ 365 threads = 10,950 mini emails I have recieved.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:46 AM   #8  

Here is an example of a cutezy picture we could stick in the middle of a post.

We can still do this... but only once. Then we have to find a new cutezy pic.

Or we could add a picture at the end which was most common back in the good ole days. This one will be added via the "attach file" site where you hit "Browse" at the end of posting.
These definitely won't let you post more than once.

This is one of my favorites from Thin. I hope it will let me post it.
Oopppsss... wrong fat lady on the bike. Oh well... you get the idea.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:54 AM   #9  

2cute - where did you get that cutezy pic of me on the exercise bike

It's about time for me to leave. Hope you all have a good Wed.

Goodnight ladies
Old 07-09-2003, 05:46 AM   #10  

Morning Chicklets,

If you all have told me once you've told me a million times to not rely on my e~mail notifications. So, I go to my e mail this a.m. and I have 0 new messages? So, I say to me "let's just go check the 3fc site ourselves" and I found lots to read. Lesson learned once again!!!

2cute: you find the cutest pictures!!! I love the pizza thing. Almost as much as my little peekaboo bear.

Amanda: I love the post.

Connie: you crack me up.

Tina: You take the time you need, then you get your butt back on in here. You know we will be here waiting for you. {{Hugs}}

Now, you all know I was so excited yesterday that Big Brother was coming on!!! I MISSED THE DARN SHOW!!! I was on the computer chatting away with Amanda, well at 9:00 pm (my time) she was gonna go watch a movie with hubby and I wanted to go watch BB, well guess what????? Ther darn thing was on at 8:00! I'm bummed . Now I will have to go read on the site about the first show. In the words of Amanda......can we all say....BLONDIE

HUGS,
Sandy
Old 07-09-2003, 07:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

Not much time as I should be sorting through paperwork for bills to pay this morning. I have a DR appt this morning for a general physical. Can't eat until after they do the bloodwork. I had the GYN appointment on Monday. I'll be done for a year - after the boob smashing machine anyways.

I had intended on writing up a long post last night. But I'm putting exercise first, then studying for a work class, and studying for our discipleship class - and maybe giving DH a few minutes of my concentration. I'm still trying to get us going in Fitday and that takes a long time. Unfortunately, that means my posting time is very minimal these days.

I did 35 minutes on the spinner last night with the video and then walked the dog for our 1.5 route. Food was good so the scale is still looking good. This effort takes such a huge amount of work - planning, journalling, analysing what we ate, exercise - but if its going to come off and stay off, it won't happen if I don't spend the time and effort on a daily basis.

Got to run and pay a few bills online. Have a good day and be strong!
Old 07-09-2003, 07:48 AM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Good morning chicklets

First off let me say 2cute I want that pizza pleeeze

Dixiedarlin: I have two inside cats and dh has an outside cat. I also have fish tank.

Next let me say I am still OP for 3 days now. But all I think of is food. I did check out some diet cookbooks yesterday to try and find some new recipes. I am going to cook shrimp tonight probably with pasta.

Well I better run get a bath and find something for breakfast. I have to get to work.

Hope to see some of you in chat tonight

Love to all
Old 07-09-2003, 08:11 AM   #13  

Default Happy Wednesday Chickies!

Good Morning Girls,

Tina....honey you hang in there...you are so worth it, above all remember that. If you can hang on and at least ckeck in and read all of our posts and know that we are all here for you and we have all been where you have been!!! It may not seem like it right now, but it will get better, come back and join us whenever you are ready....we will be right here waiting for you!

Dixie Darlin'...hello my Southern belle...my friend who is suffering in this horrific heat and humidity right along with me!!!! We know it is coming every summer...we keep right on living here. I have been here all of my life, but I love it...hope we can get together soon. e-mail me at [email protected], and let's plan something soon

Connie, I so enjoy your posts...your name really fits you, you are 2 cute!!! All of you brighten my day.

Natalie, hi, here's hoping you have a great day!

I bought the walk away the pounds tapes yesterday and got started, sometimes I cant believe I am actually doing this, but I am loving myself everytime I do...I have missed so much of my life siiting on the side lines, I am not willing to do that anymore. So if it means sitting down and catching my breath, then getting right back up, and walking a little more, that is what I will do until I have enough stamina to walk without resting..I know all of you know what I mean, and it is amazing to me that you are all out there and we hav e found this wonderful network of friends. I am so very blessed to have become a part of it. All of you stay strong today.

Amanda...as always talk to you later girlfriend!!!

sw 356
cw 346
first goal lose 50 lbs
final goal 130ish
Old 07-09-2003, 08:35 AM   #14  

Question

Pam... you have me in a split personality mode here...
I don't know if I am half empty.... or half full ????
Here is your quote....
Quote:
Connie, I so enjoy your posts...your name really fits you, you are 2 cute!!!
Now if my name was Connie... I would be half FULL... but since Dixiedarling is Connie... does that mean I am half empty. Just who is 2cute here ???? ME ???? 2cute.... or DixieDarlin ... Connie ?? (although I do have to agree ... Connie is too cute.

I have been up ALLLLLL night again. I have beenwriting thank you cards for my dad's service. I had to write personal messages ... couldn't just send a generic one.

Now I am going to BED !!!! See you all this afternoon. It doesn't look like I will be driving to Missouri today. Sleeping and driving just does not mix.

In honor of Weigh In Wednesday.. here is a pic

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 07-09-2003 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:46 AM   #15  
joe_anne2SUCCESS --{-@

S/C/G: 340/255.6/175

Height: 5'3"

Smile TOPS weigh in

Good Morning Chickies
My TOPS weigh in was 286, a loss of 1.50 from last week. In reality I lost what I had gained, but I'll take any loss as progress to my goal.
I wish you all a great day, and I'll see you lighter.
Closed Thread