Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 04:31 PM   #31  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey girls. I finally made it on with enough time to write.

I cant get my groove back!! Damn!! I have no excuse at all other than I am just a pig. I ate 1 1/2 smores last night and today I had some peanut butter brownies because I had to bake them today and they were fresh. I am going to gain it all back, I can feel it. I am already back to the "I'll start Monday " stage. I wished I could learn from my mistakes.

Noelle, No I just froze a bunch of them for this winter. The kids like them made into milk shakes with skim milk and berries. The 7 up cake sounds so good.

Sandy, You are a saint. I have had some knock down drag outs with my MIL. She pissed me off so bad one day that I through some donuts at her. Gotta love the in laws.

Summer, Cape cod sounds so beautiful. I would like to go someday. Have a great time.

Emily, I hope you are feeling better today.

Kempy, Good luck getting time off for your other vacation. ****, if it is free I would take it too. We are alot alike. My anniversary is in August too. August 25 will be 13 years for us. It usually works out nice because the kids start school around that time and we can have nooners again.

The kids bought themselves a lobster each today for supper. they went strawberry picking with my MIL and she paid them 50 cents each quart they did. they each made $7.00 in about an hour. Not too bad. They are going again tomorrow and that money is going into their accounts.

I only did one walk today because it was pouring out this morning and now it is so sticky and hot that I dont want to go again.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:37 PM   #32  

Holly don't forget that muscle weights more than fat and the scale doesn't show the difference. All it shows is how much the total you is, including water, skin, bones, organs, fat and muscle. Just go by how your clothes fit. I think it is going to be great when you can tell you MIL that the clothes don't fit they are to big! I am behind you all of the way so don't give up!

Noelle do you mean do we have beaches in Louisiana? The answer to that is no. We are the state that got jipped on the gulf coast. Becasue of the Mississippi River the end of LA is just swamp. We only have to go about 3 hours thought to get to FL. Not a long drive at all.

I am doing good today (so far). I thought Joe would be home for dinner but it looks like I will have to fend for myself again tonight. I hope I can be strong.

Angie where are you girl. I can tell it is hot now. You don't run for pee breaks as much. There you are, we were posting at the same time.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:50 PM   #33  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

aRGGGHHH! I just heard from my sister that they (her and my other sis) want to change the next Maui weekend to the first weekend in August. The originally planned weekend of 7/25 would've been perfect because Rick would've been on a camping trip w/our boy with some of our other family--I would've been free to do my own thing on Maui. Now I have to see if he'll be free that weekend to stay home with the boy . Ya know, if it were him wanting to go, he'd go without a second thought--but you know how we women are, we have to think of the child first right? I don't think I can afford a weekend for both the boy and I to go, but I was so looking forward to having some time away without motherly responsibilities! *pout* Ok, I'm done whining.

Holly, I don't know your MIL's personality but maybe she didn't mean anything nasty by what she said--sometimes people are just tactless, is all. Looking at your stats, you're WAY smaller than I am and you've got a couple of inches in height. At least you may get some new clothes, right?

Hey, my own mother made a comment to me yesterday. I was telling my sister that we should leave for our walk. She wanted to wait a little longer for the sun to go down so it wasn't so hot...I wanted to leave now since I didn't want to be coming home at 8 pm, I had stuff to do. Mom said to me "you don't have to walk so far, or so long, just take a shorter route, it doesn't look like you're walking is doing any good anyway!" How's that for rude? I replied, "That's more reason WHY I should be walking longer--and thanks for your support " . She always makes comments like that--another time was when she looked at me and said, 'you're getting skinny but your legs are so big, can't you do some other exercise to make your legs smaller?' I got a little hot tempered but I just said, "these are my legs and that's just the way they are" . I don't know why people, especially family make hurtful comments like that. Well, you can't win sometimes. Just keep on keeping on--we can do this.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:07 PM   #34  
The ever shrinking woman!

Angie I do the same thing, I get to my goal , and then I screw it up, hehe! It's easy to get lax when you finally get there, I am struggling with the same thing, up and down, up and down. Let me know if you find a solution

hi to everyone else, I am new, wow you guys all seem to know a lot about one another
Old 07-08-2003, 05:34 PM   #35  
Domestic Engineer

Hey everyone-
Still sick- it's in my chest and I'm coughing quite a bit. I'm not achey anymore so I guess I'm feeling better overall.
We had a good family friend die last week of cancer and the funeral was yesterday. Left his wife and 3 teenage sons- it's a sad thing.
Then some other family friends have 2 of their sons missing in Russia. They went to hike the highest peak in Europe and have disappeared without a trace (on the mountain.) They were experienced climbers, but the weather turned bad and they haven't been seen for 2 weeks. The search is being called off today. It's just the saddest thing

I haven't been emotional eating...just not eating well...I haven' been eating a lot, but what I am eating is pretty junky. I need to get get back on track. I know I will feel so much better when I do!!
Dh has been so good getting up early and either running or rollerblading before work. I wish I could find my exercise groove.

Angie- I think you could for sure still lose with a day or at least a meal "off". Those are the times I have been sucessful and gives you something to look forward to. I'm amazed that in all these months you didn't!?!?! Good job.
Noelle- you truly do live in Paradise! Hope it works out for you to go back to Maui!
Kempy- glad to see you back and hope you had a good time on your vacation! (hope you get to go again!!)
Sandy- sorry about your weekend...btdt with the coming home more tired than leaving! It's not fair that we women have to take care of so much.
Holly- great job on exercising the the Pilates!
Welcome Tonya!

Well, I've got meat sauce for 3-4 lasagnas simmering and pinto beans ready to mash in my pressure cooker. Burritos or lasagna for dinner tonight and the rest in the freezer!
Talk to you later!
Emily
Old 07-08-2003, 07:13 PM   #36  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi Tonya. You will love it at 3FC. This sight is so helpful. Me,Noelle and Kempy started at about the same time in October so we definately know alot about each other.

Mmm Emily, lasagna. Can I come to your house for supper? I usually mix half and half fat free ricotta with low fat ricotta to lower the fat and I never even notice it. Plus I dont use egg yolk either.

Noelle, I am sorry your mom said that to you. I am lucky that my parents dont usually say things like that to me. My in laws will however point stuff like that out to Jay and it makes me so mad because they are all really heavy themselves.

Well, I better get off now because it is rumbling outside. I dont want to be on the computer when the lightning hits.YEAH Big Brother is on tonight. I am one of the geeks that paid to watch them 24 hours a day last year.

PS: I went for another walk in this humidity. so at least I did 3 miles today. It sucked by the way. I was dripping in sweat when I got done and I swear people rode by looking at me like I was nuts.

Last edited by angieME; 07-08-2003 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 06:14 AM   #37  

Hey Angie: I'm so mad, I love Big Brother too, and last night I thought it was on at 9 but guess what? It was on at 8 and I missed that darn thing. So, I am headed to the website to read up on it all. Ugghhh....

Thank you all for your condolences on my weekend. I havn't chatted with my mil since Monday so we will see what kind of mood she is in today when I drop the kids off. I don't want you all to think she is some monster, because really she is not, and usually we get along great, but lately????? I don't know if its the change of life she is going through or the Zoloft? I will deal with it like always.

Well gotta run,
Sandy
Old 07-09-2003, 09:52 AM   #38  

Happy Wednesday morning to you guys!!!

The boss man will be leaving in a few hours to go to Florida so I will have the place to myself and I am really looking forward to it.

I got through day #2. Last night I thought I might have a problem, I should be starting soon so I was craving something sweet. Of cours I can't have sugar and fruit just didn't sound good to me at the time. I had a half cup of All Bran with a packet of splends and a little milk just to get it wet and it was surprisingly good. Did you guys know that a 1/2 C of that cereal has 10 g of fiber. WOW. I am supposed to ahve 30 g a day so that is good stuff to have around. I didn't realize how hard it was to get that much fiber if you don't eat tons of salad a day.

Not to much to report on today. It was really boring last night w/out Joe being home. Hopefully I will have a fun day today.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:16 AM   #39  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I was okay until last night and I ended up making Heath Blizzards at home and no store around here carries fat free ice cream so yet again I screwed up. I am starting to feel like a total failure again. I mean why the **** cant I stay on track for even a day anymore? I am still walking but I have put on a good 7 pounds of bloat and fat. I am now at the stage of why bother doing all the exercise if I am going to go off plan for a while and gain back 7 pounds in 3 weeks? I am just whining today so dont take me serious. It is just one of those days and hopefully I will pick my ever widening *** up off the ground and get a grip. I have learned that when i am craving sweets fruit does not cut it. I am a chocolate and peanut butter girl and it doesnt matter how many strawberries I eat it doesnt satisfy me. Plus I totally suck at eating in moderation. I will literally argue with myself in my head over eating. How sad is that?

On a happy note I ordered the Big Brother 24/7 viewing package because I am just that nosey. These people are so gonna kill each other. Or hook up. I have never seen so many muscles in one room. Jay said it looks like a Real World cast this year.

Today is alot less muggy than it has been. In Corinna it said it was 66 out. Nice weather for walking. Plus I can actually wear a shirt with sleeves today and not a tank top. I hate having my flabby arms show but if it is hot out than every one is just gonna have to put up with them.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:51 PM   #40  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey Noelle, I have been entering the Blue Bunny contest every day so maybe I can win and come see ya. Then I probably wouldnt want to leave though.

I am so hungry!!!! Well, Back to work I go.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:40 PM   #41  
so close, yet so far...

Talking Happy Hump Day

Hey girls. Welcome to our little corner Tonya . I have yet to reach my "ultimate" goal weight, but I just keep plugging away. I know too well about struggling and screwing up though...done it lots and lots of times . I'm on a positive wave right now though so I'm just gonna keep riding it for as long as it lasts. Yup, Kempy, Angie and I have been posting together for a while... that's why some of us know about each other's bodily habits ... more info than you wanted to know I'm sure

Angie, you're beating yourself up. Give yourself a break! You are brave enough to admit here that you gained a few--you even said how many lbs. It IS hard to get back on track but eventually you will do it. Stop calling yourself negative names, it only perpetuates the flow of things. You will get to that goal when you are ready. I think I'm finally "getting it back" after 4 mos! I've been in and out of so many slumps since April that I just stopped losing and then started gaining. I didn't want to participate in any challenges since I knew I was out of control. I am now back at 180 and am praying that the scale dips below real soon with this healthy eating I've been doing. The lowest I've gotten on this journey was 170 so that was a 10 lb gain ... but I'm still here and I'm still working at it--what's the alternative? Being fat! And I just don't wanna anymore. You are an inspiration to me--what I would give to be in the 150's even, so you're in the 140's--that is a BIG deal of weight you've lost overall--be proud girlfriend! Ok, stepping off the soapbox
now.

Kempy, WTG on resisting the sweets!!! So if the cat's away today, are you the mouse at play ? Is Joe out of town again as well? Is he more gone than he's at home? I know absence makes the heart grow fonder, but that must suck being apart like that a lot. Hope you two can get away for the big anniversary.

I have a question for you: Whenever I go off on eating binges or just eating fatty, not-too-good-for-you foods, I always feel hungry the next morning, like that gnawing empty stomach feeling hungry--which leads me to another day of eating crap. When I eat clean (or as clean as I know how), I am rarely hungry, or if I can feel the hunger pangs, I know that I have to eat because my body needs fuel...do you know what I mean? It's always hard for me to get back on track after eating crap for a while, but once I get through that first day of the hungry stomach feeling, I feel like I can continue eating healthy. Anyone have the same experience?
Old 07-09-2003, 04:48 PM   #42  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

YES!!! That is exactly how I feel after a day of bingeing. I wake up so hungry and not to mention with worse morning breath than ever. I always wondered if that happened to anyone else too. Like today I am starving so I had a couple of the strawberries and I am holding off until i can get supper done. My biggest problem is after supper because then I know I shouldnt eat anymore for the night so then I get into the thinking of this would be good.

I usually have to make it through a whole weekend before I can get back in control again. I hate the weekends. This weekend everybody wants pizza hut. I hat the feeling of not being in control more than the weight gain I think. Does that make any sense? or am I just very strange.

Last edited by angieME; 07-09-2003 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:03 PM   #43  
Mommy, wife, teacher

I am getting ready to go on vacation, so I probably won't be back online until the end of July. I hope all of you stay motivated and enjoy the summer. I will miss the support you ladies give me every day. Take care all! Summer
Old 07-09-2003, 09:25 PM   #44  
so close, yet so far...

Summer have a good time at the Cape. Stay safe and have fun, we'll be thinking about you having a great time.

Angie i'm glad I'm not the only one that goes through that. I wonder why physiologically that happens? Sometimes I wonder if it's because when we pig out our stomach expands, then we just feel the "need" to fill it to capacity? I don't know... you're just going through a rough patch but I have complete confidence in you that you can get through it.

I had the best Subway red wine vinagrette club for lunch today--the bread was just the right texture (I had the roasted garlic bread when I know I should have chosen wheat, but it sounded good, and it was!) , it was loaded with veggies and it had just the right amount of vinagrette too. Little things please me, especially food items (sad, I know) , but it was so good I just had to mention it. Besides, I ate it slowly and enjoyed every bit of it.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:23 AM   #45  

Angie & Noelle,

I have the same problem after indulging for a day. In fact, that is how I got so off track. I was scheduled to have an endoscopy on a Monday at 12:00 pm, and could not eat or drink anything, even water, after midnight on Sunday. So, my hubby and I went to Red Lobster on Sunday, and I about died waiting for that test on Monday, which, never took place until 2:00 pm!! I was sooo starved! We ended up pigging out at Denny's after the test, and the rest is history.

It is almost my TOM again, so, I messed up with the peanutbutter cups!! I too LOVE peanutbutter and chocolate. Mmmmm.

So, I get these pants that my MIL was sending for me. They both fit, though one pair (the capri's) were hideous! The jeans she sent are 13 JUNIOR. Before trying them on I warned myself that juniors most likely would NOT fit me, seeing I have had 3 children. But, they did fit, a little snug, but, they fit. They are a bit too little girl looking for me though, like I am 16. Haha, I only wish!!!

My husband really made me blow my cork last night. A few years ago I used to work out at the local gym, but, after MANY complaints by him (other men looking at me, me being gone 5 days a week for 1 1/2-2 hours a night, etc), I stopped going. Shouldn't have though. So, I have been trying to workout at home, but it is really difficult with 3 little kids running around, and living in a mobile home, granted it is 16x80, but, still, our living room is packed. Yesterday I had to leave work early, and told my husband a few days before that. He gets home yesterday, and says, what time did YOU get out of work today? Meanwhile I am watching Dr. Phil, he had a show on about eating disorders (which consumed 10 years of my life), so it struck my interest. I told him that I left work at 1:00, but did not get home until 2:30 pm. Then he tells me to turn that junk off, I said I was watching it, so, he turns it off, and turns cartoons on for the kids. I tried to blow it off, even though it really bothered me. While I am at work, I tape Y&R, and watch it sometime in the evening, usually fast forwarding through parts I don't care to see. Anyway, I was doing my aerobics last night, and my husband comes out and says, geez, don't hog the TV all night, got it!? I said I was doing aerobics, and he says, you did them yesterday, and you watched that stupid soap opera, and when I came home you were watching that Dr. Phil trash. That's when I lost it. Sorry for venting, but, I am sooo upset with him. I am trying so hard to work, take care of our 3 children, take care of the househould duties, and pay the bills. My husband has no idea what bills we pay, or even the checking account balance for that matter!!

Holly
Closed Thread