Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 02:36 PM   #16  
a work in progress...

Oh, how sad...our once busy little thread is sinking lower and lower on the list. I see lots of views but very few posts.

Come on out of the woodwork, kids! Don't just lurk, drop a line or two!

I know all you east coasters have got to be thrilled with the wee bit o' sunshine smiling down upon us today! I'm heading out the door to cut my soggy grass, but first I was doing the old seasonal switcheroo with the clothes...still, it feels funny getting summer clothes out...we haven't had much a Spring, so no chance to eeeease into shorts and T shirts... Wow, are my legs white!

Food is still going well....well, for the MOST part...I had a few run-ins with cookies this weekend. DH seems to be on a one man sabotage mission with all the cookies he's been buying. That's gotta stop. Cookies are my #1 weakness...yep, I'm a cookie monster!

Tina, I loved your tale of hubby in the tux! Fingers are crossed for WW!
Lori, speaking of , he's a cutie!
Terri, my bike is now in the shop, getting tuned up! Hopefully I'll get it back tomorrow...we have a great "rail trail" around here too...can't wait to start cruising it again.
Welcome, Kay! Good luck to you!
Welcome back Joe Anne...Congrats on graduation! Your picture is very nice
Thin, sorry you lost your post...I know we missed out on a good one! Come back and fill us in when/IF you get the chance! Did you get my mail-in vote?
Barb, MMMM...did you say Breakfast Buffet? Yum! As a low carber...you'd have to put the blinders on me to get me past the croissants and bagels, but a nice veggie omelet and some Canadian bacon would be really good! My splurge would be on the fresh fruit...berries, melon, kiwi...hey! now I'm hungry
Sandy...hmm...mosquitos? Who's been outside to know? I would imagine with all the moisture we've had though, they will be having a banner year. Sorry to cut out on you guys so quickly last night...my son wasn't really on the computer all that long, but once I hit the couch...it was all over for me....ZZZZZZ
Connie, did you survive the lasagne?
OH, MISS 2CUTE?? Hellooooo?!? Earth to 2cute...come in 2cute...
miss you!!!!
And that goes for Lucky, Sara, Michelle, Steph, Duckie...who else? Jen, Susie, You know who you are! ...I can't remember everyone's names, (I'm old) so forgive me if I left your name out...just come on down and post!
Old 06-08-2003, 02:47 PM   #17  

For those of you that haven't posted recently, time to WAKEY WAKEY!!!!

Anyway...I have been feeling a little Mrs. Robinson-isque lately.

I KNOW Tina has to be watching that race!GO TONY!!!!!

It is 75 and humid today; I'm actually wearing a white shorts outfit! I couldn't even begin to tell you the last time I even attempted to wear shorts. I guess weight loss and do crazy things to me

Nice to see you Kat!
Old 06-08-2003, 03:07 PM   #18  

Hey there, this east coast girl just popped on and I want to know what this thing is you speak of????? SUN We surely don't have any of that here in Maine today. It has been drizzle all day long.

Alexis is zonked out on the couch with hubby....we have a huge couch/sectional....she is on one end and daddy is on the other, guess they couldn't stay awake to watch the race? I'm watching though and cooking cupcakes for my Daisys (girlscouts) bridging to Brownies ceremony tomorrow. Then I was feeling a little bit of the munchies and decided to make some Rice Crispy Treats, they can't be that bad?

Kat? Don't know how you do the low carb thing? I finally went to the fitday.com place and figured out how to use it I guess? And omg yesterday my Carb intake was......43% of my calorie intake. I think I will like that fitday thing once I get it down pat.
Old 06-08-2003, 05:47 PM   #19  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

I'm still here

It was nice chatting last night where were the rest of you?

Tina I saw who won the race today. DH said I know Tina is happy.

DH is grilling salmon steaks tonight and I cooked some fresh stringbeans.

Welcome back JoAnn

Welcome Kay

I went and bought some more fish for my tank today I got two more Guppies and two Neon Tetras. Lets hope they don't go belly up.

Well I'm back tomorrow after 2 days off.

Food is terrible I have been eatting everything I can get my hands on.

I better go for now catch you all later
Old 06-08-2003, 05:59 PM   #20  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Wooo Hooo!

TONY WON!

Old 06-08-2003, 06:09 PM   #21  

Tina: I watched the race too and saw your man won. I even had to call my sil at the local race track today after the tv race to tell her who won....lol she is such a race fan.

Hope everyone is having a wonderul Sunday.

Oh one more thing....I think I discovered why terris pic came up as an address, you have to hit the IMG button not the http button....I made the same mistake when I tried to do it.

Old 06-08-2003, 08:48 PM   #22  
Dancing those pounds away

I am here... I am trying to get back.... ( I think)
Give me a couple more days.... I will try to post a longggg letter and fill you in.
I am struggling with my self pity of being so d%*& FAT but hopefully I will crawl out of that pit soon.

Kat... thank you for missing me. I miss you too.
Tina... congratulations !!! I am happy for you.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:57 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hi guys. Sorry I've been MIA, but things have been hectic. I did have to ask Lori a question, though. What does Brian do for a living? I watch WWE(guilty pleasure) and I swear he looks just like one of the wrestlers, whose name also happens to be Brian. It really piqued my curiousity.
Steph
Old 06-08-2003, 09:04 PM   #24  
Falling, but fighting...

Hi Ladies,

Haven't had a chance to read all the posts since my last visit, but had a minute to stop in.

BarbPA: Nice to meet you. Congrats on your weight loss. My advice to trying to conceive. Just go for it. Don't stress yourselves out about it. Stress is the enemy when trying to conceive. My prayers are going out for you and your DH to conceive. Don't worry about sharing too much info, cause it is not possible. I am here for you. And Happy Anniversary!

Katrinabgood: Congrats on the 5 pound loss. Any loss (even a repeat) is better than nothing.

2Cute: SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!!! Did that work for you? Are you out of the funk? Hope so, since I sure can't have my friend in the funk zone....

Kidmeister: Sorry to hear about your DH. Prayers going your way too.

Dixiedarlin: Nice to meet you too.

PheonixRising: Nice to meet you too. I had a great first pregnancy at 300+ pounds. You are right, everyone is different.

This past week was good. I lost 1 pound despite being my TOM (I usually retain about 3 to 4 pounds of water). I walked with my old high school classmates yesterday at the mall, then went to my mom's and helped my sister and brothers paint her living room and hallway. Looks good. Today was kinda low key which was good since I am sore and tired.

Well got to get to bed. Have a great evening and hope to check in Tuesday.
Old 06-08-2003, 09:13 PM   #25  

Here is a news article about my nephew.
Benefit set for boy who lost arm
Hopefully the link will work
Old 06-08-2003, 09:17 PM   #26  

Guess it didn't work. For those of you who want to read it go to www.burlingtoncountytimes.com and click on local news, burlington county times. The article is titled " Benefit set for boy who lost arm " Thanks.
Steph
Old 06-08-2003, 09:42 PM   #27  
BELIEVE!

Hi Everyone -
I'm finally getting a chance to sit down and catch up with everyone. Today was a lot of fun - we took 2 of our dogs to "Rover Romp" - it's a dog fair of sorts that is done once a year at a nice park near us. There must have been 100+ dogs there. It was a lot of fun. Charlee was entered into the smallest dog contest - she lost out to some brand new puppies. It was a cloudy day, but didn't rain - for a change. Still no sign of the sun around here.

I did my monthly measurements this morning. Since 2/2/03 I have lost a total of 17.75 inches. Today was one of the first times I really looked at myself (naked) in the mirror (CRINGE) and really started noticing a difference. It was a good feeling!

Lori - What a cutie you have found there!!! I hope all goes well when you meet next weekend!!! I just have to say, Internet love can work!!! Jeff and I met on the Internet in Feb of 1994, talked on the phone for 3 months, met in person in April of 1994 and got married 2 months later in June. We just celebrated our 9 year anniversary!! Best of luck to you!! Keep us posted!

Sandy - Good job staying OP all week!!! I wish I could say the same! I'm so glad you posted a picture - I love being able to see what everyone looks like - somehow I just feel closer to everyone being able to see what we all look like. You are beautiful -- where is the smile???

Tina - So happy to hear you are finally getting a day off work! I didn't catch any of the race today since we were off with the dogs. Glad to hear that Tony won! That picture of him you posted is great. He's looking good!

Terri - WooHoo! 4 pounds gone! Way to go!! Loved hearing about how you and your hubby met! I love the success stories like yours and mine! Anyone else want to share how they met their DH or SO?

Joe anne - Hello! Nice to meet you! Congratulations on your graduation! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Kayellen - Welcome back! I haven't been here for long, but thank my lucky stars everyday that I have found these wonderful ladies! Hope to see you around here.

Thin - Good to see you around. Sorry you lost you post! I'm sure we all would have loved to hear what you had to say!

Kat - Hey? You actually saw the sun today? Well, I'm glad someone did! Hope you got you mowing done. Our lawn is begging for a new cut - it'll have to be one night this week.

Mary - Good luck with the fish. I never had very good luck with fish tanks - I just didn't have the magic touch. I'm sure yours will be great!

2cute - C'mon, you can do it. Get back in here and let us try to lend a helping hand! We're here for you!

Susie - Good job on the pound loss (especially during TOM). I bet next week the scale will really be in your favor! Thank you so much for the encouraging words about conceiving!

Steph - Thank you for sharing the article about your nephew. I haven't read it yet - looks like we were both posting about the same time. I hope your family is all doing well.

Well, hubby is itching for the computer --- we have 2 computers that are networked, but he is into this new game that doesn't work with the router, so I lose my internet connection when he plays. That's ok - I'm about ready to hit the hay anyway! Sorry if I missed anyone - the rest of you get back here and let us know how you are doing!

Have a wonderful night - see you tomorrow!
Love,
Barb
Old 06-08-2003, 11:40 PM   #28  

Good evening all! We had a real dandy of a storm front pass through here in Western PA, and I am talking of winds up to 75 miles an hour (not where I live, thank goodness)!

Anyway....to check in on you all:

Nice to see 2Cute and Grannie and Peek Nice to know you all are alive!

Tina: HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!! I do have a confession to make though, I did doze off during the race, but woke up just in time to see Tony cross the finish line! WooHoo!

Steph: My Bri gets that all the time! Rest assured though, he is neither in sports nor sports entertainment; he's studying pharmacy, and is working as a lifeguard (and shhhh...he also strips for private parties )..guess to work his way through school. Well...they do say everyone in the world has a twin somewhere.....BTW, thanks for the article link.

Hope everyone here is having a great evening; I'm still trying to coax poor Tigger out from under the couch.

Last edited by loranden; 06-09-2003 at 12:30 AM.
Old 06-09-2003, 07:40 AM   #29  
I'm on my way!

Good morning! I know I know I have been MIA for a bit....but I have been LURKING!!

OK this is whats been going on here...I gave my notice last wednesday...my boss was off that day but I faxed my resignation to his office and had his assistant pass the message on to him...and then next morning he calls me and says how are you and I said good HOW ARE YOU? And he says well how good am I suppose to be I'm losing one of my best managers!!! But..did he offer me more money or more incentive to stay? NNOOOO!!

Anyways....I am going to start my new job on wednesday...my day off this week....to learn the computer. Then on Saturday we are leaving in the morning to go to Rhode Island to see my parents...my sister is going to have a father's day cookout that afternoon and invite her inlaws too. Then on Monday...me, John and Andrew are going to Cape Cod till friday morning and then going back to my parent's for the following weekend too. They don't get to see my son much so I figured why not take advantage of it...then when we get back sunday I start my new job on monday but the girl that will be training me is going to be on vacation...thats why I am going in wednesday to learn their computer system.

So with that said...food has been the absolute pits for me...exercise is nonexistent except for laundry, packing and housework...but once I come back from vacation it will be time to quit putting any food in my mouth!! I'm already psyching myself up to brainwash myself to think food is evil..doesn't taste good..etc etc etc. Hey if it works!!

Well I have to get myself dressed and get my hair dry and get the boy up and fed and dressed...I'll try and keep in touch while I am at my parents the next two weekends. We booked a resort at the cape with an indoor wave pool, saunas and a spa where they do all kinds of massages and facials and all that good stuff. It has its own beach, playground for the kids and all that good stuff. At least if it keeps raining like this we can take advantage of the indoor pool! Won't be a total waste.

Ok I babbled enough....welcome to all the newbies on the block...you made a right choice joining this group of lovely, supporting women...they are the BEST!!

TTFN Michelle
Old 06-09-2003, 07:42 AM   #30  
You and Me in 2003

pulling us to the top. I'll check in tonight, I got up with a headache.
Closed Thread