Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #91  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Elvislover I want to give you a little with all the hard work you have done. Keep working it.
omg, thank you Diana! How sweet of you to say that. You just made my day!! That cheer was just what I needed right now!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #92  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Diana - yes, the workout was so fun!!! Believe me, it took me 12 years to get my DH to consent to riding a bike...he just never had any interest in it at all. BUT, since we moved last year to a different part of Glendale where there are horses and trails and stuff, he got really in to taking long walks. We would see people jogging and riding bikes as well, and there are a few bike trails around, too...we tried jogging a little but it's too high impact. I pointed out to him that if we got bikes we could go farther than we could walking, and I guess he thought about it enough and decided it would be worth at try. Now we both love it. We're going to get out and ride for over an hour tonight, too.

breakfast - greek yogurt/splenda/pumpkin pie spice/vanilla/almonds
a.m. snack - mini babybel light and 7 fresh asparagus spears (leftover and cold, and so amazingly good that way!)
lunch - block of tofu/Jarlsberg light swiss cheese slice/hot salsa
p.m. snack - went crazy packing veggies! mini red, orange, and yellow peppers, sugar snap peas, celery sticks, and jalapeno greek yogurt dip

haven't talked to the hubby about dinner yet, but maybe turkey patties and salad or something.

I'm exactly still 160 on the scale today. Did chest and back at the gym last night, plus 20 minutes of cardio on the air climber. I also had 2 shots of Sailor Jerry and a little wine, which hasn't seemed to create any water gain...I'm finding I can still have a couple drinks as long as I keep up the biking or cardio each day, and keep to plan on food. So far so good!

I do know it's about time for me to edge out the weeknight shots...of course if I see ANY kind of gain I will axe them!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 05-02-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 145/144/98

Height: 5'1''

Thank you Diana for your encouragement!
It really means so much to all of us I hope you realize

IanG, what kind of weight exercise do you do?
I know I am female, but I am considering weight lifting to build leaner muscles and to burn more calories when not exercising. Any tips?
Tinnykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #94  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everyone

Hungry I am excited for you at being able to get the surgery!

I am just blown away at how much difference mine has made already. My neighbor said I look like I have lost 100 pounds, as before all people saw of me was massive boobs!

I just got back from my first post-op appointment and they were very happy with me. Got my drains out already which is nice as they were very much in the way. I can't wait for some more healing so I can tell what I am going to look like and be able to wear nice, pretty bras instead of this sports bra thing they sent me home in.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #95  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

radiojane That's great that you support your BF by doing paleo with him.
magical Yep...ugh, I'll be happy when the bloat is gone. Against my better judgement, I did weigh myself this morning: 177.8 (w/underclothes on). I've hit the 25 lb mark! Whoo! (Although the scale was notably higher later in the day - 183.2, but with full clothes on and a few heavyish things in my jeans pockets. )
Misti Glad everything is going so well!

B/L - 1 herb-baked chicken breast (boneless&skinless), plateful Prince Edward medley (green beans, wax beans, carrots, small amount of Earth Balance), Caesar side salad (romaine lettuce, dressing, Romano cheese)
D - bowl of dragonsbreath noodles (red rice noodles, fried tofu, GF szechuan sauce, lime juice, brown sugar)
+ 1 small PB flourless cookie
+ large granny smith apple
+ kale

Ate rather a lot today... oh well, estimates say it's still under maintaince.
Wasn't particularly impressed with the fried tofu. I've come to like the taste of it plain.
Time to lace up my shoes and go for a walk.

Last edited by Chronostasis; 05-02-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #96  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Tinnykins. I do the lot. I work all my muscles in a session and use all the machines which is what beginners tend to do! I see a lot of women at the gym. The trick for them is to use lower weights and do more repetitions of the same exercises to tone rather than to build muscle.

At my weight it doesn't really matter whether I tone or build muscle. So I am just going large on the weight and/or the reps!

The best tips I have, however, are: i) to take rest days to allow your muscles to recover after a workout; ii) to take a protein shake after a workout else you may get HUNGRY!; iii) to warm up and to take things slowly to avoid injury.

On my rest days I am going to run (at the gym on the treadmill but no weight lifting).

Last edited by IanG; 05-02-2013 at 09:04 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #97  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

Stayed on track with my diet today...a little over 1,200 calories. My toe is better, so I also did well on the exercise front. Did 30 minutes on the treadmill this morning, plus Day 2 of the Squat Challenge, plus a 2 mile brisk walk outside and my lower body workout.

This morning the scales went up 0.5 lbs, but I'm not concerned since the prior few days they went down much more than I expected...it's no doubt just water retention/daily fluctations/etc. I weigh myself daily (just can't help myself), but I only really pay attention to my overall weekly weight change, and I'm still on track for another 1.5-2 lb drop this week. Yeah!

Hope everyone else had a good day.
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #98  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Mom wanted to go to the china buffet tonight. I avoided the fried foods, but I did eat some coconut glazed shrimp that I'm sure was super high calorie. We'll see what the damage is tomorrow, I suppose.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #99  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

The dress is not a disaster!!!!

Done up, with the straps pinned on (they're being added), it looks pretty good needs a few things but not a major overhaul. So relieved!!!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 277/tckr/190

Height: 5'6

Newbie over here figure I could use some accountability, this week has been on point up to yesterday, today I skipped the gym and the next 5 days Im going to Disney Im going to try to keep it together but the popcorn, mickey ice cream and eating out 3 times a day 5 days straight its freaking me out!!
GMNEVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #101  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

We just got home. We went to my Mom's house to get some of DH's taxidermy animals and took them to the farm. We will take another load tomorrow. At least they are not coming home with us.

Our worker at the shop had his colonoscopy and upper GI tests done today. They did not find a problem. They are suppose to call him back to swallow the camera for the lower stomach test. The Dr. said there are rare cancer's that can show up in that area. He is more inclined to think it is a ulcer, though. Hoping it's the most minor of all complications.

Ian Good job on the pound! I think it's a great idea to change things up at that interval. Some people change too often and others do the same thing forever. I think that a good amount of time. I think the cardio (running) is a good thing. Keep in mind, everyone is different. Based on my research, I did mostly cardio but added in weights to maintain my muscle mass. My thoughts are that it's hard to build a lot of muscle when your are dieting (eating at a deficit). You need excess calories to build muscle. The body will not efficiently do both, lose weight and gain muscle. I'm not saying it can't/won't happen. I am saying it won't do it efficiently. So that's why I think cardio is very important when losing weight. Again, you still need strength training to maintain your muscles so they don't atrophy during weight loss. Again, everyone is different. Some people respond better to weight training all the way around. Have a safe trip to Turkey and keep us updated.

HungryHungryHippo Congrats on the green light for your surgery!

Magical I think that term does sound familiar for the elliptical I don't go to the gym any longer, but that machine was a favorite of mine.

Mamakat As you can see from my post above he has to do the camera thing next. Just like you. I think you need to rent yourself out for home repairs. I hope your day went well.

Psychic You cut a lot off! How do you like it? I am still growing mine. One good hair day followed by one bad. Good job on the 177.

Wannabfitnessbuff I think the protein will make all the difference for you. I have heard of people doing Insanity and they start craving carbs. They start eating the carbs and then they drop out of the program for some reason. They just can't continue. The extra protein does something for your that keeps your going. Hang in there.

Elvislover You keep hanging in there. You can do this. There are certain numbers that seem harder than others. I had problems with the 230's and then getting below 200 and staying there. I kept bouncing back up. It was like a nightmare. You can do it though. You have the strength and determination in you.

Syckgirlsfv The Greek yogurt and asparagus (not together ) sound delish. Now you are in the sugar snap peas! I have been craving them in the last couple of weeks.

Tinnykins Thank you. I love seeing people succeed at this crazy weight loss thing. I hope you had a great day!

Misti Thank you for checking in. Glad you continue to do well with your recovery.

Chronostasis Congrats on the 25 pounds!

Tuscany I'm glad your toe is better and you didn't get sidelined because of it.

Radiojane Yay about the dress! I'm so glad to hear it will all work out for you.

GMNEVO Hi and Welcome to the check-in! You should be getting plenty of walking in. Just make the best food choices that you can and stay as active as you can. You will do fine. Get right back on track when you get home. Congrats on your weight loss, so far.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #102  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1480 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 Grilled pork chops 600 calories
collard greens 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:37 AM   #103  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

it was a usual busy day here...I DID fall for the donuts that DH brought home though I chose donuts for dinner instead of what I made everyone else....they had dinner AND donuts ....and I had 3 donuts on the other hand, I made the conscious choice for that and to give up any other calories tonight....they sure tasted good but I know I cant do that every night...calories are a little over my limit tonight because of that but I did do my hard workout this morning...4 days in a row of HIIT running and incline walking with one more day to go this week
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:31 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Oh, Misti—that’s so cool—you are an inspiration!!
Psychic—buffets are tough!
RadioJane—I’ll bet it does look just fine! (Or, as fine as brides’ maids dresses ever look!;-)
Diana – Taxidermy? That is soooo trendy in NYC, right now. Funny, right? So are beards! ;-)
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:42 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'6"

Hungryhippo, congrats on a successful outcome from your GP!

Chronostasis, nice work on 25 lbs!

I've also fallen for junk this morning after standing in the kitchen wondering what to eat for breakfast. Didn't find anything nice, went away, came back an hour later, hungry and not knowing what to eat. I ended up settling for chips!!

B: coffee (x2), 2.5 packets of chips
L: Lean cuisine, spinach fetta salad
S: stole two fries and one fried calamari ring from the kids' meals
D: tea

E: 30 mins cross-trainer
magical is offline   Reply With Quote