Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 145/144/98

Height: 5'1''

Breakfast (400)
1 cup of mushrooms
3 sausage links
Lots of strawberries
Some watermelon

Lunch (250)
1 california roll

Snack (200)
Green tea Bing soo
(split with two other friends)

Dinner (300)
1 chicken breast
Small serving of salad with red beans and feta cheese
1 plate of honeydew/cantaloupe/pineapple

TOTAL 1150

whooo
plus I worked out at the swimming pool today ^^
Tinnykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #77  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

Breakfast (220): Coffee & protein shake
Lunch (300): Baked chicken breast & steamed veggies
Snack (200): Protein bar
Supper (360): Baked salmon & steamed veggies, plus individual serving of Greek yoghurt

Total 1080 calories...less than normal, but it was a busy day and I just wasn't hungry. Exercise went ok, but also less than normal. I did my usual 1.5 mile jog/power walk, a short 10-minute weight-lifting workout, and 50 squats as I started Day 1 of the Squat Challenge. But then I stubbed my toe and I'm now limping, which has put an end to any further exercise for today. Hopefully it will be better in the morning.
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #78  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Danielsgrl Good job with your food plan. Keep working on the workouts. You will get into a habit.

Chronostasis You obviously love math! That should be a good fit for you. I hope it works out well for you and you enjoy your work. I know the students you tutor will appreciate your help.

HungryHungryHippo I know you got compliments from the person you saw.

Magical Is "cross trainer" a workout or a machine?

Mamakat Great job on the workout! You took that challenge! Leslie definitely works the upper body and lower body. She has some workouts that use light weights for the upper body, too. Today pt employee had to take the prep drink and tomorrow he will take the test. He is a real joker. We called him and asked him if he was still full of sheet. He said little by little he is ridding himself of it. I hope everything is OK with him.

Psychic Is that you in the new avatar? Whoever it is, they are beautiful.

Elvislover I want to give you a little with all the hard work you have done. Keep working it.

Suzukigurl Congrats on the .5! Have you tried the brushing your teeth technique? It does seem to help. I don't snack at night, but during hormonal times I want to eat 24/7. Once I brush my teeth, wash my face, etc. my mind is getting ready for bed. It kinda changes the whole mindset.

Alaskanlaughter I hope your day went well.

Radiojane Great job on the 1.3 pounds. Congratulations on the 9 months of sticking with it. It is very hard and you are doing it!

Leighalittletyke I agree with your thoughts on Insanity. It's everything all rolled into one.

Ian Do you have a workout routine that you are following?

Syckgirlsfv Great job on your workout last night! I would love it if DH and I could do something like that. DH has no interest.

Wannabfitnessbuff I think you are craving carbs due to Insanity. Try to up your protein. Do you like Greek yogurt? Maybe you can sub that for the Dannon and it will help some.

100Mother Good luck with the bike tomorrow! You can do it!

Tinnykins Good job with your food and exercise!

Tuscany I hope your toe is better tomorrow.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #79  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1480 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Steak 500 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
LM Live Combat 60 w/weighted gloves
Old 05-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #80  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Diana, at the moment I just do a whole body workout that my friend showed me comprising almost everything. However, each time I go I watch other people for new exercises and sometimes add these as well. I also bought an app on my phone that shows me new ones.

My plan is to stick with the same routine for 6-8 weeks and then change it.

I'm thinking using my gym "rest days" to start doing a Couch to 5k. That means running! But that will need to wait until after Turkey. I might, however, give day 1, week 1 a try on Friday just before I fly. I expect it could hurt!

Last edited by IanG; 05-01-2013 at 08:54 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:40 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

RadioJane—Yay 1.3!! Which Jillian DVD are you doing? I’m on 6-week Six pack. I’ve been doing it a lot longer than six weeks, now, but I kinda like that that means it’s gotten easy! ;-)

Tomorrow I am going to see my GP to get the all-clear for cosmetic surgery on the 15th. I haven’t seen him in about a year and a half, so he should be impressed how fit I have gotten. On the other hand, my BMI is a little low. It was an accident—in trying to stabilize, I accidentally lost a little more weight, after I reached goal. But I am enjoying having a fat-free belly for the first time in my whole life. I am hoping he doesn’t throw up any roadblocks, like telling me I have to gain weight, first. I eat healthy, and about 1200-1500 calories a day, and feel like I have built a lovely house of cards, but changing plan would be like telling an alcoholic to start adding back a few drinks a week. IOW, don’t rock my boat. Besides, I have 3 different friends who never had weight problems in their whole lives, who each gained like 40 pounds when they hit menopause. I’m HAPPY to have a little buffer, as I get closer. We shall see.
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:57 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'6"

Diana, cross trainer = the one where you can move the arms and legs as well? Elliptical, is that it? Lol, I saw someone wrote "cross-trainer" in one of the posts on this forum and thought it sounded right

Hungryhippo, good luck with getting the all-clear! Hope your GP won't make you change your diet/eating habits. What kind of cosmetic surgery you getting?

Chronostasis, I'm like you, hate TTOM because I get really bloated. Thank god I ditched the scales because I know I would have put on.

100Mother, good luck with the bike ride - 4.45am?? Wow and wow again!

Alaskanlaughter, I love HIIT! I do it on my cross-trainer (er, hope that's what it's called anyway).

WannaBfitnessbuff, is it possible to eat less meals on Insanity? Can't you eat 3 big meals rather than 5 so that you are following your natural appetite?

Radiojane, congratulations on 9 months!!

Good luck with your goals, everyone! I've missed some posts I know. Thank you Diana for all your personal messages.

B: coffee, banana and celery smoothie
L: huge chinese takeaway, coffee
D: green tea

E: 30 mins walking
magical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:22 AM   #83  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning,

I might be manic after all, we'll have to see the next couple of days. So I finished cleaning up my paint mess then I had DD hang up her art (she does chalk art) which contrast against the sand color beautifully. Then we hung up my hats. While doing this I made so many plans for what I'm going to do next. I waited up for DH to return home. The last pic he saw was on Facebook when the kitchen was gray, so I wanted to see his surprise. He got home at 2am then we chatted as I pointed out everything I did and wanted to do. He got depressed more than pleased. I knew it would happen. He always "encourages" me to finish projects I've started especially if I've destroyed something and it needs to be repaired. But seeing the work I did made him feel like he doesn't do enough around the house. We are fixing this monster up little by little, but he also runs his own company. I can only do things like paint or spackle, but not much more than that. So of course the big stuff gets put on hold. I was saying I could make some of it look better (tile flooring) by painting the wood gray until he could finish. That depressed him more. He okay'd it, relunctantly. He said he should just finish the tile. I said he should finish the wall I knocked down with my big butt three years ago. I prepped the wall and we got the new stuff to put up. Once that's done, I can paint there as well and I'd be out of his way for tiling. He just groaned. I suggested we go to bed. But I couldn't sleep. I want to get going on the kitchen. I goltta wait for the store to open. I need cleaning supplies (something I never buy )

Diana The one thing I hated most was the liquid. DH says his partner had stuff that didn't taste so bad. All I know at the end of the day, I was struggling to keep it down so that it could finish going out. Bluck, give me the actual test any day over that nasty stuff. I hope your employee is okay.

Have a wonderful and healthy day.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:07 AM   #84  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Diana - Yeah, that's me. Thank you. I took this last month before I cut about 5 inches off my hair.

Yesterday's Calories: 1405
Today's Weight: 177.4

Dropped down to 177.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #85  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1480 +
Weigh In: 158 (TTOM)
Down: .2

Amazing! Especially during TTOM and me feeling so swollen and bloated when I wake up.

Misti Checking on you! I hope you are still doing well.

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-02-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 190.8/see sig/<165

Height: 5 ft 11

radiojane-9 months is a huge reason to celebrate. Congrats!
leigh- oh my gosh I had a night like that this lady week too. Hubby wanted pizza. So we get papa Murphy's delight. I ended up eating half the pizza. Blech! At least I felt crappy the next day. In the old days I could put food away like that and then feel just fine.

I am determined to make it to the gym today! Since doing "insanity" I haven't lifted weights at all. I still can't do real push-ups. I want to keep lifting arms chest and back. Though I don't think in going to try to do legs while doing insanity. I feel my legs get such a good workout anyways.

My calories last night were 1981, so I went 21 calories over my goal.

Hope everyone's days is looking great.
wannaBfitnessbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

I'm SO excited and happy--my appt with my GP went just fine, and I got the all-clear for surgery! I'm going to have a brow lift. When I turned 40, my eyebrows fell, and it makes me look angry and tired all the time. It's a really simple procedure, just a dotted line behind the hairline, but should make a big difference. :-)
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #88  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Hungry I'm doing Ripped in 30. Or will be doing it. Suffice to say my nephews didn't let me get into it yesterday!

The last tooth I have to come out is aggravating me today, and I'm hoping that it stays under control throughout the weekend. I couldn't schedule it's extraction any earlier than next week, and it took so long for the swelling to go down last time, that I thought I should play it safe and book it for after the wedding. If I have a toothache throughout my trip and the bachelorette, I'm not going to be happy. It could just be aggravated from the cold I have too.

Two days in a row with downward movement! Dare I hope that I might break the stall? 376.8 today. I was pretty good on my food yesterday, although I did have a piece of birthday cake when I babysat at lunch. But at supper, I only had a few of the fries and about half the garlic toast that came with the steak. I did eat the trifle though. It was delicious.

Yesterday Calories In:1672
smokie with mayo to dip and some sliced onion
small square of store bought birthday cake
cheddar cheese sticks
bison sausage
steak
Caesar salad
trifle
fries
garlic toast

Yesterday Calories out:513 (Plus some "I year old over the head lifts )
30 Minute swim

Yoga tonight, moved from Monday. Glad I can go. The Monday class was cancelled last week and I couldn't make the Thursday. I'll miss next week's too because I'll be out of town.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 190.8/see sig/<165

Height: 5 ft 11

Diana- I don't know how I missed your post earlier! I think I read through an un-updated page and then posted my check in. Anyways thanks so much and yes I LOVE Greek yogurt. I had plain nonfat with 1/2 cup frozen blueberries for breakfast this morning. Also that really makes sense because yesterday, while my calories were good, I had less protein than I usually try to consume. One of my "meals" was 9 truscuit crackers and a laughing cow cheese wedge. And I are like 2 cups if pineapple yesterday. So besides my breakfast yogurt I didn't get any protein in until dinner time. Thanks for the advice. And already today I haven't had any sweet tooth. Maybe the tofu stir fry last night and Greek yogurt are exactly why. Thanks again. Your such a blessing to us newbies! All your experience and advice is so appreciated.

Last edited by wannaBfitnessbuff; 05-02-2013 at 12:08 PM.
wannaBfitnessbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #90  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Down 1.0lb today. Gym water weight is crazy.

I went back to the gym today. Did weights for an hour and then saw no-one was there so jumped on the treadmill and ran for five minutes! I am going to do the treadmill on my weight training rest days so I should be able to go to the gym 4-5 days a week without overdoing it.

Anyway, food for today:

Breakfast: 1 coffee, milk no sugar. 1 protein shake.
2 open raw mushroom sandwichs with mayo lite.

Lunch: Medium salad - egg, chicken, lettuce, tomato, onion, olives, corn, garlic, green beens, radish, mushrooms, cottage cheese, green pepper, beets, cucumber, strawberry, bulgar wheat, argula.

Dinner: Beer. Green Flash Palate Wrecker.

Don't count calories. Can't count.

Exercise: Walked half an hour to work. Did one hour at the gym. Will walk half an hour back home this evening.

What will the scale do tomorrow?
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote