Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 05:16 AM   #16  

Angry Just a quickie!

Good morning ladies!

It's the wee hours of the morning on Saturday (about 5am) and I thought it would crazy for me to post at this hour... and then I saw 2Cute's and Kat's posting times and realized... we're all a bunch of crazy's here! Yes, it's 5am and I have not yet been to bed. My hubby threw me an early surprise birthday party tonight. (My real b-day is on the 28th.) It was nice (although I definitely had an inkling that something was going on tonight). The official theme was "celebrating spring" and our friends filled my house with fresh flowers! Plus... a bunch of other gifts!

I feel very spoiled!

2Cute: I'm so glad you got the video to work! I was so disappointed when you said you couldn't get it to work originally! It warmed my heart... knowing that I warmed yours! I'm happy you had a nice time with your grandbabies! I like to picture my parents, one day, feeling that same affection for my future children.

Kat: I loved your post! There always seems to be something we feel we need to achieve before finding happiness when the truth is... happiness is rarely something we'll arrive at; it's a manner of traveling through life! Sounds like a very simpleton thing to say... but it's SO true. Hee, hee. That bit about "speaking your mind", but in a nice way, is something I've noticed about you on a few occasions... and I've liked you because of it!

Pam: Just wanted to take a second to welcome you to our little corner of the web! I found that posting here on 3FC and making myself accountable daily to this group of ladies was SO important in my weight loss... and still is in my maintainance. So... welcome and post! I've never heard of rolfing... but it's definitely something I'm gonna check out... AFTER I get some sleep!

Nighty night!

Last edited by SaraJoy; 04-26-2003 at 05:40 AM.
Old 04-26-2003, 05:57 AM   #17  
Dancing those pounds away

WOW Sara and Kat..... if I had known you were still awake I would have PMed you. LOL

My oldest daughter saw I was still online at 2am and so she called me and we talked for an hour or more. I always enjoy visiting with her. She is so sweet. We talk about EVERYTHING.
I could never talk to my mom about anything. I work very hard at having an "open mind" LOL LOL We love each other very much. Heck I love all of my kids... but they have their "significant other" already so they don't need or want their momma as much. LOL
But even when this one finds her "Mr Right" I think we will still be very very close. I try to tell her... if she thinks she has boy problems now... just wait until she is married.
Just kidding. I know many of you have that rare breed of a "perfect husband" ... but not all of us have been that lucky.
Although... I must admit... my husband is getting there... finally !!! LOL

Okay.. I am out of here again. Good night all.
Old 04-26-2003, 08:59 AM   #18  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Good morning all
I have to work today so i'm running.
Yesterday went good I started cleaning house I vacumed and bought new curtains for the living room. DH asked why the others were fine DUH.

I'll post pictures on the my family site.

I'm off Monday for Confederate Memorial Day so I can clean some more

Tina I have tried the ww cones I like the ice cream sandwiches too.

Hope to catch all at chat tonight about 8 central
Old 04-26-2003, 12:40 PM   #19  
a work in progress...

I can't stay for a long post, but I wanted to respond to Thin, who asked about Curves. I think it's a great program, reasonably priced... here's the kicker...IF YOU USE IT!! I paid, I think, $49.00 to join and $39.00/month for a one year commitment. I figured it was cheaper than going to WW ($12.00/wk) In the beginning, I was very dedicated to going and actually ENJOYED going! I think it's great for someone who admittedly balks at exercise...ahem...THIN! You are literally in and out of the place in 40 minutes. (if you do a full 10 minute stretch at the end of your workout, as recommended.) For someone who is on the go all the time, it's easy to squeeze in a session.

I cancelled my membership because I just wasn't using it. I like going to the regular gym too and had to choose between the two. With tuition payments coming up, I need to economize somewhere!

Just wanted to pop in and say that,,,gotta run, see you later!
Old 04-26-2003, 01:22 PM   #20  
BELIEVE!

Good afternoon Ladies!!!
I hope everyone is having a nice Saturday and had a fun Friday night. Last night we met a friend of ours for dinner at a Mexican restaurant - one of our favorites. I was proud of myself --- margaritas are absolutely my favorite drink --- did I have one??? No I did not!!! I even went for a taco salad with grilled chicken --- it was basically lettuce w/ chix and salsa. No sour cream or anything. Then to really max out my will power - Hubby and our friend both ordered dessert and I didn't even have a bite! Boy, that was a big accomplishment for me.

Today was puppy school for Charlee - it was review day and graduation is next weekend. She did a good job. Then Jeff wanted to go out for lunch. I said the only place I was willing to go was Subway. I got a chicken teriyaki on wheat. It was yummy. Now he is into the Football draft so I am just putzing around the house. We're going to work on the basement later today. Have to go get some wood first. Tomorrow morning he is playing golf so I am looking forward to having some time to myself to work around the house. Hopefully this rain will go away so I can get back outside.

2cute - you made me laugh out loud about walking my little chihuahua!!! She doesn't go on my walks. I actually have 3 dogs (Heidi - a beagle/terrier mix; Lucy - a Mutt; and Charlee - the Chihuahua). I have a pretty good routine with them. I take one with me down into my neighborhood for about 3/4 mile. Then I loop back by my house and trade for the other one and go up into the neighborhood adjacent to my house for another 3/4 or so. I keep adding a little distance each week. Then, when I get back sometimes I might take Charlee to the corner and back just to get her use to walking on a leash. I also have a treadmill at home, so if I don't feel like going out or the weather is bad I hit the treadmill and watch TV while I am walking.

I recorded Oprah and watched it last night. I am going to watch it again anytime I feel like I can't do this. Jeff said he'd try to help me figure out how to copy it. If so, I'll send you a copy. I'll let you know.

A lot of your posts have really got me thinking about life in general and being happy. I am really working on being happy and making the most of life.

Somewhere else on the board I saw a post about "little accomplishments". I loved reading it and now I have started noticing small things each day... Did anyone else see this???
For example --- I noticed a little accomplishment this morning...We have been going to puppy school for 7 weeks now. Well, at the store there are those plastic lawn chairs that I absolutely hate sitting in - I am always scared they are going to break - not to mention that my hips don't feel comfy in them so I always find myself sitting on the edge of the chair...anyway, today I noticed that when I sat in the chair I put my whole backside in it and was comfy and not as paranoid... Just a little accomplishment that made me smile!!! Anyone else have a little accomplishment to share???

I've rambled on long enough and probably bored you all - I'd be surprised if you got this far into the post. So, I'm going to end for now. I'm sure I'll be back later to check on everyone!

Cya later!
Hugs,
Barb
Old 04-26-2003, 01:59 PM   #21  

Zzzzzz ..... OH !!!! Barb... did you say something.
Sorry... I could not resist that.
Congrats on all of your MANY mini accomplishments !!!!
I know exactly what you are talking about. But I think those mini ones are HUGE !!!!

And I would love a copy of that tape. I hate that I missed it.

Okay ladies... I was up allll night again.
Went to bed at 8:30 am and up at 11:30 am.
Now I have to make this day productive and FUN too.
Old 04-26-2003, 02:06 PM   #22  
Progress..not perfection

Default 2cute......

Quote:
And I am glad you finally posted again. I was thinking about changing you from INK back to pencil.
NOT !!!! But you better not ever stay away so long again.
I'm hurt 2cute.....I haven't went anywhere. I went back and looked at the last 5 threads and I have posted at least once, twice and three times on some. I haven't gone anywhere.

But you know me, don't you? Even though I was here.....I wasn't here. And you knew that. I was coming here...I was posting, going through the motions.....so to speak. Not wanting to leave my cyber family out, but not really connecting. Even though I was posting, you viewed me as not being here. Thank you for seeing that my friend. Thank you for knowing me so well and for calling my attention to that. I do sincerely love you for it.

You better never EVER put me in pencil. I'd hate to have to come to 2terville and kick your 2cutebutt!

I'm at work now, but I will be back!
Old 04-26-2003, 02:48 PM   #23  

Tina... {{ HUGS }} I know you because I am you.
I have missed MY TINA... not that stranger who was popping in as your impostor.
I want you back... the REAL YOU. {{ HUGS }}

PS.... come on down to 2terville and just trying kicking this 2cutebutt.
You will have to wait in line.
Love ya !!!
Old 04-26-2003, 03:29 PM   #24  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! It's another great day here in Michigan. The flowers are blooming, the birds (ok, lousy example of a bird, but that's all I had to work with) are singing. And I'm On Program!

I still just love my little bracelet, it seems to be doing the trick as a constant reminder to me of what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm back to being a scale jumper (see, Sandy, you're not the only one). It is showing positive results again this week, but I'm not sharing until it's official on Monday.

Plans for the graduation are going well. I went out yesterday and ordered his cake. I think I've got the menu planned. I'm trying to keep it simple. You guys know me, I'm a "keep it simple, stupid" kind of girl.

Lori: It sounds like you had a full day of 'cleaning the cat box'. YIKES!

Deon: Another 3 pounds is awesome!!! Good job!

Mary: That baby is just adorable. What a cutie!!!

Barb: Another 1.4 pounds is really great! I bet you were thrilled!
It's amazing how even the smallest loss can motivate us. * What a great accomplishment your dinner last night was! How empowering is that!!! Good for you!!! * When you responded to 2cute about walking the dogs, and you mentioned the threadmill, I couldn't help but picturing you on the threadmill with the dogs all on leashes running behind you! It was a sight!!!! * BTW, I did get to the end of your post, I didn't skip one word. I love it when people take the time to share. Unfortunately, it's not something I have the time for too often.

Pam: I've never heard of Rolfing, but I went to the site you listed. I wasn't able to get much info from there either, but I entered my zip and there aren't any practitioners in my area. I see a chiropractor regularly and the site did say that it was soft tissue manipulation and my chiro does some of that too.

Sandy: I bet you're loving that new monitor. I'm still on a 15" screen!

Steph: Thanks for the info on Curves. My pre-paid WW is due this week so I'm not sure I have the money to do Curves too. That would be a little over $400 for a year. After spending that much, I guess you'd feel pretty guilty if you didn't go, wouldn't you?

Duckie: I think you let your baby's daddy get away with far too much! That's a mouthful of a name for a little boy.

2cute: You reminded me that I need to get the 'baby's' FAFSA done. I've been procrastinating sooooo bad. * Trust me, I'm not an ideal mom, no matter how much I love that you believe I am. They've paid for their own cars, their own insurance, and their own college. I feel real bad about that last one.

Tina: That mexican chicken dip you made sounds yummy. * I haven't seen those WW drumsticks, but you can bet I'm gonna look for them.

Kat: I bet you'll be dressing without a sweatshirt more often. I bet the compliments went right to your head. * Thanks for the info on Curves. My biggest fear would be not using it. Even on the go, my concern stems from how I need to dress on the job and how I would dress at Curves. I sure don't want to go on the job sweaty and I don't have much energy in the afternoon after I get off the job to go there. And I don't want to be changing clothes and showering all the time. After all, I can't even stick with 5 minutes a day on my AirWalker and that's sitting right here in my family room. Ok, have I made enough excuses yet?

Sara: What a sweetie Reg is! Planning you a nice birthday surprise. I bet your place smells lovely with all the fresh flowers around.

Oh, I want to tell you about this Oriental Soup I made yesterday. It was pretty yummy and for those of you doing the WW points....there are NONE!!!

Thin's Oriental Soup

1 large can FF Chicken Broth
1 pkg. bean sprouts
2 bunches green onions
A little bit of Lite Soy Sauce
and a shake of each of the following: salt, pepper, basil, oregano, garlic power

Put chicken broth in a pot on medium heat. Add lite soy sauce, and seasoning; stir. Rinse and add bean sprouts. Take nasty part of the green stalks of the green onions off and then thinly slice the rest of the onions, including the remaining tops. Add to broth. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer until the onions have softened. Serve.

Well, girls, I've got to get a move on. I'm off to Gordon's to see what they have in already prepared stuff for the buffet next Saturday. The less I have to cook, the better I will like it.

I have finished 3 loads of laundry. A couple of necessary 'catch up with friends' phone calls and pushed honey and son out in the yard to do cleanup. I will catch up with you all later. I'll see if I can get on for chat tonight. Love you all.

Last edited by thinthinker; 04-26-2003 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-26-2003, 04:21 PM   #25  

Okay, I know what will happen here, I will post and then we will be off to another thread...Oh well, I love getting the last word in , well almost the last, forgot about thin or 2cute starting the new thread and telling us its time .

I have been so busy lately, I just really have not had the time on the puter that I usually do. I love my new monitor at work...but this one at home is still the old standard 15" I think. But, I am thinking this summer I need to get a flat screen....OMG they are wonderful. Thinkking of getting a new puter anyway, but I just don't know all that much about them, other than I like to get where I want to go fast!!! I hate to wait.

Food is going good here. I got on the scale of course this a.m. and it says I'm down 1 lb, but nothing official.....but it sure put a smile on my face .

Tina: Im so happy to see you posting more....I really miss you when you miss a day or so. I know you said you've posted on every thread? But well I still miss you.

Thin: I'm so happy your new bracelet is working for you. Keep up the good work and welcome to the scale hopper club (we are such an exclusive club you know....LOL)

2cute: The recipe for the soup sounds yummy, I love oriental anything!! I will have to try this one.

Barb: Good going at the Mexican place.....we had Mexican yesterday for lunch, the boss was buying and so she choose there, I ended up ordering a chicken burritto, it was not to bad, had chix, lett, tom, onion, rice& black bean mix and little cheese. But, loving mexican oh my the choices were sure hard, I used to order a loaded nacho plate and eat it all by myself . I'm not saying that I couldnt do that now, but Im saying I try not to and try to control myself. I'm proud you made such wonderful choices. I've never tried a margarita, so guess I can't miss what I havnt had . And for the little accomplishments~~~way to go with the chair. I think the little ones really make all the difference in the world. I'm the one on the board that likes to use the visuals too, like if you loose a pound.....I will tell you thats 4 sticks of margarine, try packing those on the thighs...>LOL.....get the picture...I think visual helps me more. And I love to go to the store and pick up a 20 lb bag of something and know I have lost over that amount....I can't believe how much 20 lbs really is.

Sara: I tried to download the video at work too, but something there needs to be updated so it can compress or something? I'm not computer tech. at all. But anyway I let it run its course and I did hear the video so that was a plus. What a suprise for you for you bday....fresh flowers must have smelled lovely. I bet all your friends are just as proud of you as we are here too.

Well chicks, I'm gonna run and switch the laundry over and take the Angel Food cake out of the oven......dessert for tonight with strawberries and FF Cool whip.....maybe if TOM has really left me and hubby can take the coolwhip in the other room???LOL just kidding, wanted to make you smile before I left.....

Hugs and Kisses,
Old 04-26-2003, 06:58 PM   #26  
a work in progress...

Nah....it's not time yet...there are only 25 posts. And they are a bit slow in coming, I might add.

Sandy, if you really want to get the last word in...YOU can start the next thread!
Old 04-27-2003, 08:46 AM   #27  
I'm on my way!

Where da heck is everybody?
Old 04-27-2003, 09:17 AM   #28  
You and Me in 2003

Here I am Right here see.
Old 04-27-2003, 09:56 AM   #29  
Progress..not perfection

Hey guys! Yes, I know I promised you guys a big post last night....but I have a very good excuse. My internet was down.....again. I'm about to throw my modem out the window. I used to be unhappy with AOL, because I would lose connection sometimes and it was a little slow, but I never went hours or days at a time without being able to get on the internet. The only reason I'm here now is because I'm at work. When I got home yesterday at 3:20, my charter/dsl was down and it stayed down all night, was down when I went to bed, and was still down when I left for work this morning at 6:45. I am so frustrated. I think I am definitely going to go back to AOL and tell Charter to take a flying leap!

VERY IMPORTANT! For those of you that have my email as [email protected]......that email is no longer valid. On top of everything else that has been going wrong, my email was attacked by a virus, so I just deleted my entire outlook express. Yes, a little drastic, but I'm taking no chances. If you need to contact me by email, use [email protected], ok?

So, how are all my chickies today? Great, I hope. Other than my stupid internet problem, I'm doing pretty good. Dh and I had the house all to ourselves last night which was pretty scary. I'm so used to hearing, "Mom, Brian won't share!" or "Mom! Trey's bugging me....he won't get out of my room!" that having the house to ourselves was a little frightening...and a little lonely too. However, it wasn't a total loss. I made a meatloaf with ground turkey which was scrumptious, mac & cheese (made my own with lite butter, skim milk and ff cheese) peas and strawberry applesauce and we watched Forest Gump, which I've seen before, but it had been a long time, so I enjoyed seeing it again. It was about 67 degrees and we slept with the window open and the breeze was blowing and I had just washed and dried our bed sheets and comforter and they smelled so good. I slept very well last night. <<You do get the hint there...don't you?

I know....TMI, but I couldn't resist.

Sandy: That was nice of your boss getting you the new monitor. I've only got a 15" at home and mine at work is a 17". Very nice. I may have to get one at home too.

Thin: I am very proud of you and am glad the bracelet thing is working for you. I don't journal, as far as writing things down, but I keep my WW calculator with me at all times and record something as soon as I eat it. It works very well for me.

2cute: My Mom is out of town on business right now and when I talked to her the other day, she was in your home state and I couldn't help but feel jealous to think she was so close to you. I swear I'm making the trip out there one day. P.S. Thank you for knowing me so well.

Barb: Congrats on all your accomplishments recently! Going out to eat is so hard, and I'm proud of you for your good choices. Doesn't it feel good to be in control?

Kat: Thanks for the info on Curves. We have one here in town and I've thought about joining, but I'm just not ready yet to do the "public exercising" yet. Right now, I'm completely happy with my WATP videos, but I think at some point, I will be ready to expand my horizons.

Mary: Isn't that just like a man?
Quote:
DH asked why the others were fine DUH.
I changed curtains here while back and my dh said the same thing.
I know I haven't said it, but I'm glad that your brother seems to be feeling better....babies have a way of doing that, don't they?

Sara:You deserve to be spoiled! So nice of Reg to give you a surprise B-day party. Have a piece of cake for me!

Lori: Wow, when you clean the cat box, you clean the cat box! That always happens to me too. You start in one room, doing one thing and the next thing you know, you're sitting in the middle of the closet floor with your old school yearbooks, wondering what the heck happened?! Doing some laundry last night turned into me cleaning out my closet....and so on and so forth.

Pam: I don't believe I have welcomed you properly. Welcome to our little corner of the world. Pull up a chair, have a seat, get a snack (a low fat one, of course) and get to know us! We have various personalities and live all over the country but have one goal in mind....losing this weight and being healthy! I'm 33 years old, been married for almost 16 years, have 2 boys, age 14 and 10, live in Tennesse and am your resident Nascar expert.....one driver in particular.

Duckie: Good to see you. How have you been? Have the turkeys been flying? I'm looking forward to a nice long post from you. (hint hint)

Steph: So good to see you too. I've been missing you! I didn't get to check out Oprah the other day. I always love it when she does the weight loss shows. I hope to be on there one day.

Ok, I'm gonna have to get off here for now. Unfortunately, I probably will not be back later as I just talked to dh and our internet is STILL down. Thank goodness I have access at work or I'd go crazy! Deon, Jen, Michelle....I did not forget you. I hope you are all doing well and get your butt back in here and post! That's an order!

That goes for you too Lucky!

I love you all. Have a wonderful day!

Last edited by QueenB; 04-27-2003 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-27-2003, 12:37 PM   #30  

Default Please, Tina

don't kick my butt, it already hurts.

I spent from 9AM to 6PM excavating flat rocks from my yard and my legs and butt REALLY hurt today. My Dad had put these rocks down years ago but over time they disappeared into the ground. They are very pretty and I wanted to re-use them in my flower garden.

Maybe it's getting that job, which I start May 5th, but I feel in a much better frame of mind and much more positive about this weight loss adventure.

Thanks for not forgetting me while I have been "struggeling".

Off to read up on Fitday.

Closed Thread