Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 06:22 PM   #121  
deleted2

Frogger! I wasn't quite expecting that one either. Reminds me of one those "deep thoughts" things from SNL. Something to ponder for sure!

Punkinseed, yes, tell all! I never weighed in with my opinion on whether you should give him your home phone#or not. Hey, you've come this far, so in for a penny, in for a pound I say!

I'm feeling much better and more resolved today. I'm starting to feel good and strong about my decision about breaking away from the negativity and gossip that Crazy Co-worker spreads.

Hauled my carcass onto the treadmill yesterday and did 3 miles in spite of wanting to just eat and sleep. And today I walked 4 miles and did 1/2 hour of bellydancing, and have had a great food day! Feels so good to come back to myself!

Old 05-07-2003, 06:24 AM   #122  

Default Wonderful Me Wednesday!

Hello all!

Frogger-- Have to borrow that one to share for my Good Morning Mailing list! Its priceless!! So glad you're sense of humor is back now that you're sooooo close to the BIG EVENT!
And, by the way, last I knew, you weren't having a Bach party...
was it a suprise after all??

Punkin- So where is his photo??? could it be that he's just as nervous as you were? AND ..... did he use the home number yet??

Wildfire-- Is the CL still muttering in the hallways and coffeeroom?? Just keep smiling and nodding .....and whisper as you're pointing to yourself "Blood pressure"...... After all, doctors orders and all!

Eydie- ITS TRUE!! Dh and I spent most of the weekend walking, doing yardwork, etc and come Monday I felt ENERGIZED! My mood felt lighter too-- How can we let that go? Why is it so easy to stop and let that good feeling slip away? Part of the "inertia" definition?? Hmmmm, maybe I now really understand what people mean when they say " Just can't sit still...."

Hello to EVERYONE! next time, I talk to you especially!

Thought of the day :
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it,
change your attitude."

Maya Angelou
Author and Poet
===================================
Question of the day :
"What was your most embarrassing moment? " -- Table Topics

=====================================

To the best choices!
Old 05-07-2003, 06:44 AM   #123  
deleted2

Kaylets, about today's ?----I've had so many embarrassing moments, it's hard to pick just one!

Big board meeting lunch at work today. I'm not on the board; I'm cooking for it. Always a little stressful--don't know why. They're just people!

Old 05-07-2003, 07:43 AM   #124  
Momma Frog

Good Morning All!!!

Kaylets-Sense of humor? What is THAT?!!! LOL I feel like I could explode any minute. I'm all kinds of stressed out. My stomach is in knots, I'm getting a migraine everyday. I just want everything over with (wedding and house buying) and enjoy married life! But I digress. Yes my coworkers surprised me with a bridal shower last thursday and a couple of us younger spunky gals got together for a fun night out at a couple of clubs in DC last friday. Great time! I can't wait for the pix to come back!

Well, there's still lots to do. I'm printing my programs today here at work (hey my boss TOLD me to do it here!!) And I sat with fiance's mom last night and figured out what was going on and who was doing what. She deligated but I still need to know what it is I am supposed to be doing!

Ok, gotta run, have to look like I'm working for a little while today!
Old 05-07-2003, 08:12 AM   #125  
Hot Stuff

It's Hump Day! Hooray!

Company is having an anniversary BBQ at lunch time today. So we get to hang out in the parking lot and pretend we're all thrilled to work here.

I have come to think that the killer headaches I get are linked to my back pain. While taking the prescription the last couple of weeks, I had neither. Now the back pain is coming back and I've a doozie of a headache today. Can't focus my eyes it's so bad. Good thing I don't look at the keyboard to type!

Frogger, when is THE day? Last weekend in May? Everything will get done, and what doesn't wasn't that important anyway. Let the others take over as much as they can!

Punkin, I say good for you on the picture and the home number. Remember, that's how I met my wonderful hubby....we didn't meet face to face for almost a year.

Back to the salt mine....I'll drop by later tonight.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:20 AM   #126  
Momma Frog

Wildfire- THE BIG DAY is May 17th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(No wonder I'm stressin' that's 10 days)
Old 05-07-2003, 05:35 PM   #127  
Is it Friday yet?

Hola 's!

Happy Wednesday - *whew* almost over. Whatta week....

Eydie - I'm glad the coo-coo co-worker situation is doing better - or I should say YOU'RE doing better (she's probably still a nutter).
Hehehe, my check cleared for my bellydancing DVD's yesterday! They're on their way!!!!!

Kaylets - I've had pictures of "my guy" since June of last year - and he just sent a few more last week. So, it was time to come out of hiding... Hasn't used the home phone yet, but that's completely ok with me - I'm just along for the ride, where ever it may go. My life's been blissfully uncomplicated for years now and I like it that way!

Frogger - Yea, now's the time to freak. I'll tell you what I told my best friend - no matter what, no matter how much you stress, everything's still going to happen, it WILL be wonderful, you will be a beautiful bride, no one will notice what didn't happen right or what wasn't finished because they'll be focusing on you two and most importantly at the end of that big day YOU WILL BE MARRIED!
Now.... breeeeeeeeathe.... (dumm dumm da dummmm)

Wildfire - That's a trip that you didn't meet your (now) husband face to face until after you'd known him a year! We've been trying to figure out when we started talking and I think we're around the 2 year mark... still no plans to meet.

I have a Dr.'s appointment on Friday (annual and weight discussion at my request)... she and I have discussed my weight before and last time she said the risk of my being over weight and the risk of short term "pharmaceutical assistance" is a wash. So, I have some serious thinking to do...

Well, guess I should scoot - I shall return tomarrow!

Terri
Old 05-07-2003, 07:25 PM   #128  
wsw

hi all! as always, love to catch up on your posts.
frogger-can imagine you're pretty stressed with wedding coming up so soon! hope your wedding will be a wonderful time for you!!
my "technical difficulties" seem to have been kicking up a fuss for a while now, but for the most part i have remained op and continued exercising as much as possible. i need to be more diligent though about my food plan and this is my declaration that i will write down what i eat everyday. i've been getting lax with that and i seem to do better when using my food journal. anyway, i hope you all have a pleasant evening. thinking of you all. take care.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:00 PM   #129  
Hot Stuff

Frogger...TEN DAYS!!!! Ah, no biggie...you'll be married no matter what doesn't get done. Er...you DID get a marriage license, right? I can't wait to see pictures! I'm a sucker for weddings...love all the pretty things and the romance and the details....I should become a wedding planner. I'd have a lot of fun doing that. Big difference when it's not your own wedding. Hey, have you started house hunting yet, or are you going through the pre-approval process?

Eydie, how did the lunch go? Ooooh...while I'm thinking of it...in your professional opinion, which are the best baking sheets to buy? I bought new ones, Bakers Secret, at Christmas and the non-stick finish is coming off them even though I've been very careful with them. It's peeling off. Any suggestions?

Punkin... wanna share pics of your guy? Shhhh...we won't tell.

wsw, it's always so nice to see you drop in!

Kaylets....most embarassing moment.......maybe when I shredded a customer's cheque instead of the cheque stub when preparing a deposit. I had to call and ask them to send a replacement!

Amarantha, are you back among the Royal Court with the Royal Computer Problems fixed yet? We miss you!

Ceara, how's the tricep/shoulder?

Anagram, how did the sisterly reunion go?
Old 05-07-2003, 08:24 PM   #130  

Hi all. Sissies Day went well. Lunched at Olde Country Buffet but I was "relatively" moderate. Alaska sis brought craft stuff and I "made" a night light cover and two "fish" mobiles from old disks. She had gathered everything, prepared it, instructed us, etc., etc. but all in all it was a nice afternoon.

I have officially moved my weigh in until tomorrow but I think Demon Scale is on to me. I did a sneak preview today and I was down .2, not great but down. Probably tomorrow, I'll be up, Felt this morning like I was up 5 lbs so was surprised at the weigh in.

Unsettled weather has been giving me mini migraines and have not been keeping up on much. Tomorrow's another day and hopefully we won't have storms or much rain. (At least I hope it's from the weather changes.)

Love following you and "your guy", Punkin. And like your attitude as to what will/may happen. Frogger,you have to be stressed at this point - it's required for the marriage to be valid. I remember dh (who was the one who wanted the big wedding in the first place) wanting to elope about a week before our wedding when the stress got to him. I thought he was kidding but he said later he was dead serious. I figured I had gone through so much by then, no way was it not coming off. But you'll be great and it will all go well - well, except for maybe one thing so you can always have that story to tell.

Like Eydie I've had so many embarrassing moments, it's hard to pick one. I guess that means I've been lucky not to have ONE THAT was so horribly, excessively embarassing that it stands out.

Last edited by anagram; 05-07-2003 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:56 PM   #131  
Hot Stuff

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! By notice of Her Majesty's Royal Court, be it known that there remaineth 11 days until Victoria Day. Will ye be victorious in thy personal challenge???
Old 05-08-2003, 06:20 AM   #132  

Hello all!

Running late but just had to say hi!

Have an embarrasing moment to share:

Here goes -- IS EVERYONE LISTENING???

About 25 yrs ago, I was very near goal ( WW's experience #2), and was working a 2nd job as a bartender. It was springtime and I was very proud that I could wear a skinny jean wrap skirt. I was walking everywhere and since the bar was only 3 miles or so from home, I walked there often. So I get dressed and off I go on a beautiful spring Saturday morning. And it was a great walk-- My breathing was good, my stride in rhythm, the blood was singing in my ears-- and so many people I knew were driving by!! Honking hello and waving!! Seemed like everyone was out enjoying the spring day!! Once I got closer to the bar, I was passing some stores. As I said, I was very close to goal so naturally, was spending lots of extra time admiring my accomplishments. So, I looked in the big plate glass of one store to study my skinny profile again ...... and ...... realized...... the back of my skirt was stuck up inside my pantyhose exposing my butt the entire 3 mile walk!!!! I did have big white panties on but ----- can you imagine......... here I am waving back and smiling at folks who I probably didnt know in the first place!!
with my butt sticking out!!!

Just goes to show you .........

Where did the last 30 minutes go....

Ok, I promise, I will touch base w/ everyone next post!!.. Please don't feel left out.... Unless I call out from work... hmmm, that's an idea now isnt it????

Today's thought shares one of yesterday's themes:

Don't wait for someone else to make your life terrific. That's your job.
=============================

Today's question:
Is being funny an important quality of a friend?
--- Table Topics
==============================

Take care all!
Old 05-08-2003, 09:57 AM   #133  

Demon scale did not catch on! Today I weighed in down 1.2 lbs from eight days ago (change of weigh in). Again a one lb difference from yesterday.

I looked back to see what goal I had set for this challenge and find I don't seem to have set any. I think I was so funked by long stay in Plateauville yoyoing between 213 and 215 that my only goal was to break free.

Anyway, today puts me within ten pounds of onederland and down a total of 40 so far.

Now if the news from the doctor today is good.....perfect day!

Anagram
250/209.8/???
Old 05-08-2003, 12:12 PM   #134  
Is it Friday yet?

Aaaaah, Thursday eve....

Tonight, shopping for Mum's Day dinner (taco ring and flan - her request).

WSW - I'm with you on writing stuff down - I've been very lazy about it since my friends left 3 weeks ago. Must....pick....up..... paper and.....ug....pencil. *whew* ok, now to keep doing it!

Wildfire - I thought of sharing - but with my freakin' luck there's someone here that'd know him (slim chance, but still). We'll see where things go, I may share .

Anagram - Yea, headachey here too. Can you believe it snowed last night???? HELLO?? It's May! I hope you get nothing but good Dr. news today too. Oh, and congrats on the loss!

Thanks for your comment on my attitude with the whole "my guy" thing - I'm pretty proud of my level-headedness too (it's not common for me when it comes to men). I went through a very ugly divorce and learned some huge lessons about throwing all my wishes and dreams into a "maybe". I won't get hurt again because of something I've assumed either. Besides, I think I'm still in a bit of a healing stage and am just trying on my "single wings" for the first time since divorcing - I don't want to jump in with both feet my first time out the door!

Kaylets - OMG!!!! I laughed so hard!!!! Now, I'm the kind that would've pulled over and told you. Were most of the people waving men??? Oooooh, I think you win the embarrasing moment hands down.

Q o' the day - Yes, humor is essential!

Terri
Old 05-08-2003, 12:58 PM   #135  
wsw

hi everyone!

kaylets-i like that thought of the day and it really rings true for me. question of the day-yes, being funny is very important to me in a friend. i love a great sense of humor. speaking of which, your most embarrassing moment is a riot!
congrats, anagram, on the weight lost-today- and the total 40!that's great!
punkinseed-i hope things work out wonderfully well with "your new guy."

it has been hot here the last couple days, but there was an all-too- quick, but delightful, spring the past couple of weeks, which for this area is almost a long one!

please know i am thinking of all of you, even if i didn't mention you all specifically by name. take good care of yourselves.

all the best,
wsw
Closed Thread