Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 07:25 AM   #61  
Momma Frog

Good Morning All!!!

Finally finished the boutinerres yesterday! Digital is on the fritz. I think maybe it needs a new battery? I don't know. Whatever. I'll try just hooking it up to the PC and taking pix that way. It seems to do better.

Kaylets-I've tried most of the sunless tanning products on the market. I really like the coppertone endless summer. Very natural looking. Unfortunaly, my skin is weird or too oily or something because every last one of them comes right off when I sweat. Even days later. I can't chance an orange wedding dress!!! I too have been wanting to have a yardsale. But for right now, I'm too busy with other things. I keep putting stuff away in a box marked yard sale though, for when the day comes along that I feel like I have the time to organize one.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! I'll check in later!
Old 04-29-2003, 03:41 PM   #62  
Is it Friday yet?

*sigh* what a day....

Ok, I have to admit - it started good - got a call from "my guy" . Apparently this is going to be a twice-weekly practice of him calling me at the beginning and end of every week. Not complaining, it just makes me scratch my head (what does it all mean? Nothing? Everything?).... I mentioned that I almost called him on Friday about a website he wanted me to check, but didn't want to interrupt him at his new job and he said I should've called. Men, who can figure 'em??

Then the day went to h, e, double hockey sticks... (long story, I'll spare you).

Arabella - So good to see you! I thought maybe you'd been a royal kidnapped and held for ransom! (we'd have paid too!)

Kaylets - First, I will pray to the car gods for a speedy fix... , second, yes, real live gawd forsaken, cowboy movie lookin' sage brush. I have to laugh because I know people pay a lot of money for smudge sticks and herbal teas made from the stuff growing all over my land - it just looks awful and makes me sneeze. So, it's getting hacked down - some of it looks like big bushes with roots as big around as my wrist. The cute little puffs of sage get to stay - the color is beautiful and they're nice to look at still.

The best is yet to come and babe won't it be fine??
Hey! We have a theme song!!

Frogger - Oh yea, last thing you need is orange-y coming off of you!

Amarantha - We're with you no matter what you do or where you go... ain't us virtual friends just peachy??? Your comment about your friends reminds me of a comment my ex made once - "are you done yet so we can go to Blondies?" (a nasty, wonderful pizza place). "DONE????" Never....

Q of the day - Favorite comic is toss up between Mutts and Calvin and Hobbs. Since Calvin doesn't run anymore I guess Mutts is my favorite...

Time to toodle,

Terri
Old 04-29-2003, 07:14 PM   #63  
deleted2

Thanks for checking in, Arabella. You're missed terribly when you're not here, but we had faith that you'd be back. Love!

Punkin, I use the Corrine Netzer guide, otherwise known as 'the big yellow book'! Yes, bellydancing is beautiful to watch, hypnotizing. I'll be so glad when I can put a jewel in my belly button without fear of it being lost forever! I can't wait to hear about your bellydancing adventures!

Kaylets, I'm itching to do a little decluttering here myself. It's amazing how quickly stuff can accumulate, isn't it? I so look forward to your morning posts with the thought of the day and the ?of the day. I'm disappointed when I have to head out to work without checking my e-mail first--I miss my Kaylets fix!
Hmmm, favorite comic strip......probably Herman---because the old guy that shows up in it so much is a dead ringer for my father-in-law!

The last 2 days have been stressful for me--work stuff. That is, dealing with the power struggles and childishness of co-workers. It's a long story but after getting NO SLEEP last night I decided I was going to have a talk with this woman. It was amazing, when I called her on what was bothering me, she backed right off, and put up this smokescreen of friendly babbling. She was like an agressive dog that has nipped you and when you scold it, it wants to be friends again. I'm not complaining mind you---I had just conjured up this big ugly scene in my mind that she was going to go all weird and defensive---and lost sleep and had a good cry and a headache, etc. So that was a good lesson for me---the dragon wasn't as fierce as it seemed!

Old 04-29-2003, 08:03 PM   #64  
wsw

hi everyone!

kaylets-hope your REVIEW DAY went well!!!!!
just in to check on how everyone is doing. thinking of you. will stop by again when not having as many "technical difficulties." take care, all.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:23 AM   #65  

Smile Wonderful Wednesday!

Hello all!

Tiny little sidebar regarding weighing yourself-- Yesterday scale read 5 lbs heavier than today-- for almost a month, it was stuck at that 5 lb higher mark-- do I think I dropped 5 lbs ?? I don't know- will know for sure in about a week-- did I do anything different yesterday? Got all my water in plus -- all my vegetables-- ... I know... go figure....
Again, some things cannot be "controlled" -- All I can do is keep making the best choices ...

Today's thought is:

The courage to imagine the otherwise is our greatest resource.
Daniel J. Boorstin

=============================
Today's question is:

-If we paid family members for chores, what would cleaning the bathroom be worth?

Table Topics

============================

Its going to be a busy one today!
I'll be thinking of you all!!
Old 04-30-2003, 07:16 AM   #66  
Momma Frog

Good Morning all!

And now for your daily dose of wedding bliss..
Contacted the DJ, caterer, the event rental people (tables and such), and the hotel we are staying at on our honeymoon. Everything is confirmed and ready to go!!! Tried on my dress yesterday with my hip flip flops and once I get a bra (this weekend) that brings the girls up a little, I shouldn't need to be hemmed or anything!!! Fits like a glove. Yippee! Now I'm just waiting for the tux place to call about the suits we rented (when they come in) and to get a few decorations. Do you think those plastic tableclothes you can get at the party store are tacky? (we're going to be outside) The cheapest rental linens I could find were 15 bucks a tablecloth!! Oh and by the way, I'm spending tonight taking pix to put up here for you girlies!
Ok enough about the wedding.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:01 PM   #67  
Is it Friday yet?

Wonderful Wednesday - the week's 1/2 over!

I spent last night watching a program about crop circles and going through my Corinne Netzer book and writing down the most common things I eat so I could make a little referrance sheet. A night well spent!

Another "my guy" side note - got 2 more phone calls yesterday during the course of the day - just to chat... This is fun! And I'm starting to think that infatuation is a nice appetite control device...

Eydie - Thank you for your bellydancing video suggestions. I'm going to check out collegevideo.com today. After watching them perform at the expo, it looks like quite the waist trimming exercise!

WSW - Thank you for checking in even when you're having "technical difficulties" - we wonder about you when we don't hear from you.

Frogger - I can't wait to see your pictures! The last month went so fast didn't it?? Before ya know it, you'll be on your honeymoon! BTW, where are you going?

Q o' the day - My take on it is if you've used the bathroom, you're not getting paid to clean it... (house rules when I was young). Now, it's just me, so I have no choice!

Kaylets - I say we burn your scale in ritual sacrifice... You're right, you can only keep making the best choices!

Well all, time to skeedaddle...

Terri
Old 04-30-2003, 12:09 PM   #68  

Woe, woe - weigh in Wednesday. Up 2.6 from last Wednesday, 1.2 from yesterday. Trudging onward.

Wedding bliss is helpful as I can share some one's good vibes!

No trip, Kaylets. Test results were the same as last week which was great news. However, they now want him retested next week before they take port out and now he may have to be hospitalized to have that done. It was a maddening set of phone calls, etc. 'til all was sorted out. And today doctors in our state have gone on "strike". We could probably have still gone away for an overnighter but the mood wasn't right.

Questions - today's - priceless!

Cartoons - Don't know Herman, loved Calvin/Hobbes as well (and like Mutts). Think right now my favorites are "Zits" and "Pickles" at least those I'm getting the most laughs from most days.

Enjoy that five pounds down, Kaylets. That's how I felt about my two down last week, nothing different really, and today it's gone again but I know it will rear its sweet head again soon.

Punkin, hope today's better but what could be better than "that" call?

Empress, is Old Dog back in your good graces? Hope you caught up on your sleep, Eydie, since you slew that dragon.

Hi back, wsw, and also to ceara, arabella, dollar, sena, and all others in lurkdom.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:12 PM   #69  

Punkin, as to what "could be better", I guess three calls in one day were!
Old 04-30-2003, 12:54 PM   #70  
Momma Frog

Punkin- We're honeymoonin' in New Orleans!!
Old 04-30-2003, 02:23 PM   #71  
Is it Friday yet?

LOL! Anagram, I forgot about Pickles! I love them! They totally remind me of my Mom and stepfather...

Also, one of "my guy" phone calls I thought was an obscene call - I answered and I heard a male voice, very low, say "do you know what I'm going to do?" - scared the ____ outta me! More new job stress apparently because he continued on to say how he was hiding under his desk on the phone with me...
Whew, thought I was going to have a looney on my hands! Well, I did, but anyway...

Kitty update ~
I forgot to mention that my Mom thought she'd seen her missing cat night before last so last night we went to the neighborhood where she saw her and talked to some people. The only grey cat that was around wasn't her, but the people said they'd keep an eye out.
The first house we stopped at was a very nice lady that had 6 or more cats - 3 of which had just had kittens between 1-4 weeks ago. My Mom *really* liked one of them and the lady told her "you know she's yours if and when you're ready" - and we'd JUST met her! My Mom said she'd be back if her kitty didn't show up (I heard "when I decide to give up and start to heal"). What a blessing to run in to this lady!

Oh, last thing, since I'm blathering on - Wildfire - Thank you for the fit day site! It looks reeeeeallly interesting and no doubt helpful!

I will shut up now!
Terri

Wait, wait! Unzipping to tell Frogger "OH YEAH!!!!" How fun! I've wanted to go to New Orleans since first reading Anne Rice 13 years ago! Have fun, eat lots of gumbo, drink a few hurricanes and enjoy!
(now I'm leaving, I promise)

Last edited by Punkinseed; 04-30-2003 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:14 PM   #72  
Momma Frog

Fiance's boutinerre that I made
Old 04-30-2003, 05:17 PM   #73  
Momma Frog

We have 2 groomsem, (one is the bestman and one is a groomsman) They will both wear this boutinerre
Old 04-30-2003, 05:19 PM   #74  
Momma Frog

We have 2 ushers. My 10 year old nephew and my 17 year old nephew. I made these for them.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:22 PM   #75  
Momma Frog

I made these for my brother who is walking me down the aisle and my fiance's stepdad and dad.
Closed Thread