Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 10:39 AM   #46  
Empress/Queen

Ok, I got onto the last page and just wanted to note to Ceara that tofu freezes extremely well ... in fact many people like to freeze it as it gives the tofu a "meatier" texture. Another thing to do with tofu is to drain it ... put a heavy weight on it and just let it drain for a long time before or after freezing but do this in the refrigerator as tofu can spoil) ... this also gives it a "meatier" texture.

Tofu is extremely nice in smoothies ... whirl some in a blender with a few ice cubes and a banana (unless you're allergic to bananas as I am) or other fruit ... you can scramble it like eggs (extra firm works best ... there are recipes for this everywhere including the supermarket, but basically, just scramble it or add an egg and scramble). You can bake the drained tofu (undrained doesn't work well baked IMO) and add spices, then slice for sandwiches or a main course, you can fry it (good cubed and browned in stirfries). You can make sloppy joes with it ... basically you can do anything you can do with meat, cheese or other dairy products.

Ok, now working, bye all!
Old 04-27-2003, 11:10 AM   #47  
Hot Stuff

Good morning your Royal Highnesses!

A bit disappointed that the demon scale is being greedy about releasing any pounds today considering I was quite well-behaved all week. Oh well...next week maybe.

I think we should ask elderly relatives for recipes! It's not just the recipe you get, you know. You give them the recognition that you really do like what they have made, AND the knowledge that it will continue to be passed on. I have a hardbound journal that was my mothers, in which she handwrote her favorite recipes over the years. It will be 13 years since she died, and I treasure it, and use it often.

My favorite part of the day depends on which day it is. Weekends, it is very early in the morning when everyone else is still asleep. Weekdays, it's when I crawl into my wonderful bed with the cats curled around me, and if hubby is lucky they leave him enough room!

It's beautiful out here. I'm torn....I had planned to weed out my closet and get rid of things I don't wear anymore. A lot of them I took with me when we moved, just in case I might still wear them...and I haven't. It's been almost a year since we moved, so it's time to toss them. But...it's soooo nice out, I'm thinking a hike along the shore would be nice. Maybe I can fit in both and do the closet this evening instead.

Hey...the magnolia trees are blooming!!!

Have a queenly day, all!
Old 04-27-2003, 04:49 PM   #48  
deleted2

Anagram, I just read your post and I felt like I was right there with you--you do paint a picture and it sounds wonderful! How long have you been married?

Amarantha, Best of luck with your Body-For-Life Challenge. I have the book and am intrigued by the program--the diet seems a bit spartan for my tastes at this point though. I look forward to hearing how it goes for you!

It's a beautiful day here---but I feel like being lazy. So that's what I'm going to do...

Let's all concentrate really hard and maybe Queen Arabella will grace us with a sign. Pleeease........!

Old 04-27-2003, 11:46 PM   #49  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo!

Yo, Eydie! The diet is spartan for my tastes as well, but that's where the MODIFICATION comes in! (I think there needs to be more fat in the diet, for one thing). I've been pretty strict on my practice days, though, and feel wonderfully full and have no cravings. To me, though, the diet is just a healthy bodybuilder's regime, which I have long thought seemed the ideal way to eat. I really enjoyed stocking the kitchen today and feel this is going to help me a lot.

I concur in wishing to hear from Arabella and am getting worried about her... hopefully she be so inundated with work that she hath not time for anything else. I know the feeling.

Kaylets: I actually like all parts of the day as long as the paid writing is done! Thanks for the quote ... it kind of fits my sea change of attitude regarding this fitness and diet thrust I'm determined to make. Change, like adultry, is first of all committed in the heart.

Or committed in the gym.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:17 AM   #50  

Smile Marvelous Monday!

Hello all!!
Because the belt snapped in my car yesterday, I have to ride w/ DH to work which means we both have to leave here earlier.

Its going to be a glorious weather day today and I think its going to color the whole day and kickstart the whole week.
Its a good day for a FRESH START-- Let's jump in, we don't have to catch up, all we have to do is start where we are right this minute. The board has been wiped clean, there is NO GUILT !!

Today's thought is:

"Today has never happened before. It's a glorious opportunity to start all over again." Norman Vincent Peale

=========================================

Today's question:

Does it bother you when someone borrows from you without asking? -- Table Topics
==========================================

Here's to our best Monday!

Last edited by Kaylets; 04-28-2003 at 06:24 AM.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:13 AM   #51  
Momma Frog

Good Morning all!!!

I promise that I tried to post pictures, but I must resize them becasue they were way to large! I'll do that sometime this week. Worked on the boutinerres yesterday and the tips on my fingers are sore today. I made my fiance's and his groomsmen's. And also the 2 for our usher's. They are miniature versions of the groomsmen ones and are so cute!! I still have to make. I still have 4 more to make. I think I can get that done this evening. I have to work on the programs today and get those printed out sometime next week. Also have to update our RSVP list on who's coming. Among all this I have to work today. Hopefully it will be a slow day around here and not too many distractions.

Laid out yesterday to get a nice color to my pasty pale tail. I got a little sun. I have to be careful as I am alergic to something in sunscreen so if I put on anything higher than an 8 I burn to a crisp within 10 minutes wherever the sunscreen has tuched, including the palms of my hands!!! It's the weirdest thing. I was out there for about an hour. A little everyday should deliver a nice result. I'm half cherokee so I tan very fast.

Well, I guess I'll get to working a little so I can finish up planning this wedding! (Priorities Priorities!!!!!!!)
Old 04-28-2003, 07:54 AM   #52  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Talking Monday, Monday!

Mornin' all!

QOD....sometimes...depends who and what they borrow...also why. Children borrow stuff all the time...nail clippers etc and don't put them back, which drives me nuts 'cause then I can't find it. That's why I have about 4 nail clippers... My parents had only 1 set and they were revered..removal from the "spot" was grounds for dismembership. As a piano major, I had plenty...1 in each purse, and I resolved not to do the same thing as a parent. So I have a lot of them and still can't find 'em. (except the one I keep in my purse)

Am stiffish this a.m. Spent a fair amount of time disentangling quack grass roots from my perennials....again. That stuff is terrible. However the beds are looking better. Also got some of the pansies planted. I may work on them again this morn...it may rain this p.m...I hope. It is far too dry.

So, carpe diem!

Ceara
Old 04-28-2003, 08:27 AM   #53  

Fresh start day - though I didn't do too badly yesterday. Yard work for an hour and a half in two sessions - some of it tougher than I usually will try. Also got in a walk, some patio time and some just plain lazy time. Veeeerrrry relaxing day yesterday. Meals were well in line - just those jelly beans attacking me again. For some reason, I always have the stupid idea I can eat only 2 or 3 of them.

Lovely day so far, to come close to 80 today. So I'm going to wear a pair of shorts that I have not worn in mucho years. This is the fun part, isn't it?

Borrowing? Can't think of anyone who could do so without asking except my grown and gone kids when they're here. I would prefer they put things back but they don't. Would not be offended if neighbor borrowed something that's outside - they put things back. But usually they call and ask before they even put mail in our mailbox (we're on the later side of the street for pickup) or add anything to our pile for trash collection (if they have a humongous amount and we don't).

If someone other than family, close neighbors borrowed without asking, I would have another word for it, I think, because I'd probably have been right there for them to ask.
Old 04-28-2003, 11:43 AM   #54  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Avanti to all! This is another selfish me-me post, which is all I seem to do these days! I have one hour to finish up last week's writing and send it ... as you can see I'm really working hard on that!!!

I feel wonderful and in control thanks to my new program and there's only 83 days to go!!!

Re question: In my line of work, "borrowing" is the name of the game (according to some people). Many times my press comrades have used my ideas or work and taken credit for themselves, conveniently leaving me out; "borrowed" my style and my actual stories, even AFTER they've been published, etc., etc. This has been especially true among my fellow employees when I've worked on bigger papers. One also finds that one covers a story for years on a smaller paper and then a big fish will come along and run with whatever that ongoing thing is and one will hear the big fish media say on TV or in print or online that "they" exclusively discovered this thing!!!

I used to mind, but now I just remember that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I don't mind people borrowing my actual belongings either, whether or not they ask. I do mind when career criminals break into my house and steal stuff, though, which has happened a number of times.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:21 PM   #55  
Is it Friday yet?

Icky ol' Monday...

Got a lot of yard work done this weekend - well, as much as I could between rain, thunder, lightning, etc. Friday it snowed... I give up, when Mother Nature decides it's finally Spring - I'll be ready.

Playing with the idea of ditching WW for now and going strictly with being a calorie counter. WW is great for making sure you get healthy meals - but I *know* how to do that - I need just the bottom line - how much energy is in this food????
So, for those of you that do this - what book do you use? I have a Corrine Netzer one that looks like it should work...

Anagram - I agree with your post awhile back. You commented that you wanted to be further down by now but at least you were down (or something like that). I just wanted to say "exactly!" and thank you for the reminder that in the big picture, just being DOWN is what matters!

WSW - Take care of that back! Gawds there's nothing worse than back pain...

Eydie - *sigh* I didn't yoga with you, I was dashing in and out getting sage pulled between morning showers so next week the RFD can come pick it all up (for free, yea!).
BUT, I did think of you on Friday!!!! At the horse expo they had bellydancers! OMG! No one was watching the horses.... They were mesmerizing - did you say you had a bellydancing tape you use for exercising? You have to share - I wanna move like that!

Amarantha - I think the BFL thread sounds interesting, I don't know anything about the program. Why is it controversial??

Frogger - Yes, a little tan is helpful against all that white! I'm fair, red hair w/ some light freckles and ended up with an off-white dress just so I wouldn't look like the walking dead!
I can't wait to see your pictures!

Kaylets - Regarding 'my guy' - we didn't have enough work to really help him as much as we'd liked to - or as much as he needed. So, it was for the best that he found this other job... Hehe, I don't care where he works as long as he keeps in contact - which, obviously, isn't going to be a problem

Headachey again today - another storm coming in. I need to ask my Dr. at my next appt. what, if anything, I can do about these low pressure headaches!
Or, it could just be that it was a crappy start to the day with my Mom upset (and my Mom never cries) about her cat. She asked me if I thought she was ever going to come back, and now that it's been a month - with "lost" ads out, bad weather, coyotes and owls about, I had to tell her no, I didn't think she was - but I think she already knew that... sad way to start the day.

Q o' the day - Yea, I don't like when people borrow stuff without asking. Even as a child if I borrowed something like my Mom's nail polish I was taught to ask and put it back when I'm done - failing to do that meant I couldn't use it the next time. So, yes, please ask, even though the answer is always yes - I like to know where my stuff is!

Toodles for now...
Terri
Old 04-28-2003, 02:30 PM   #56  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Fly-by: Hello My Darlings! I am not lost, other than buried under a pile of work. Insane! Haven't even had time to lurk, but I hope by Friday to get back in to say to all the s of the Court.

I've been doing okay food and exercise-wise, and started a detox program today.

Hope all is well with all of you. Love to each and every
Old 04-28-2003, 08:15 PM   #57  
Hot Stuff

Arabella! I hope work eases up soon and you have time for a visit! We miss you!

Punkin, I mentioned this on the weekly challenge thread, but I'll put it here, too, in case you see this first. I use http://www.fitday.com to track calories. I've always done WW, too, but I'm finding counting the calories much more "real" than points. Sorry to hear about your Mom being upset. It's hard to accept when you want so much to hold hope for a pet's return. May be best that she's facing it now, though.

On the borrowing question, I think it depends on WHO borrows without asking. Some people do it occasionally, others do it regularly! I am a very generous person, and normally don't mind because I'd offer it if I were there anyway. But there are some people who push it and become annoying....they're usually the ones who also don't return the borrowed item! Now that bugs me.

Kaylets, sorry to hear about the car troubles. They're such an inconvenience!

to all our s....let's make tomorrow a good one!
Old 04-28-2003, 08:48 PM   #58  

Hello all--

Wrote this yesterday ( Sunday) but never posted it --
Here goes:
Got lots of things started, some completed, but DH is not feeling well again so had to change the schedule some so he could rest in a quiet house.

Also, on the way back from the store, the serpentine belt in the car snapped so had to deal w/ getting the car to the garage. Luckily, we have one right at the corner of the develpment so I was able to limp the car over there. With NO power steering-- quite the upper arm workout!

So, I couldnt continue my search for ribbon but I did start a research project I've been putting off for too long. Did put about 2 hrs into it so I am pleased.

Also did some yard work in the front yard so I'll be pleased when I see it tomorrow night-- little things like that motivate me to do just a little more--

Am also mentally gearing up for a monster yard sale-- I have some things tucked here and there but have decided to become more aggressive in clearing things out that we just aren't using--
You know how that is, those "seemed like a good idea at the time purchases". Just remember how good I felt that night I cleared my desk of all nonessentials-- So far,haven't replaced any of the "chatzkies" (sp?) . And they aren't getting in the way either!

Been asked by a friend where I find the "thoughts" - Thought you ladies might be wondering the same--
I have always loved a great quotation. I have a library -- sometimes I will use one book for a few weeks, and then as this morning, went to a number of places to find a quote that "fit" today. I am always looking at websites that specialize in quotes or
people that are mentioned here on the boards. That's how I found Dottie and the Kelly, the Incredible Shrinking Woman. Some mornings, a quote I have looked at dozens of times before suddenly impresses me. Sometimes, I will borrow a sentence from the middle of big paragraph because that one sentence really hits the bullseye. Sometimes, I hear a great quote on television. But am always looking for new sources so if anyone bumps into a website they like.... please share!!

My aim is to motivate myself, as well as to say "Good Morning, hope you have a great day". Its thrilling when I hear back that someone's enjoyed the Thought of the Day as much as I have.
When my previous job was ending, after each "wave" of peple left, those of us remaining tried to make the best of each day and keep our spirits up. The Thought of the Day became a "tradition" on the white board. As a group, we would choose the thought to set the tone for the day. Once the final day came and our jobs were done, I searched around for a way to stay in contact. I began my Good Morning email, which is the same Thought that you all see on the thread. The Good Morning email is a "blind email" so that everyone's privacy is protected, the email addresses "invisible" so addresses can't be borrowed.
I know how many people are on the list but have no idea how many places it gets forwarded, except sometimes someone replies back to me. Or if someone asks to be put on the mailing list.
I've been a little shy about my Good Morning Email because we've just met. But since we're so much like old friends, I thought I'd mention it.

If anyone would like to be added to the Good Morning Email, please don't hesitate to ask, I 'll be glad to add you to the list. If you have someone you think would enjoy the Thought, I'd be gald to add them too. There is no fee and I guarantee you I will not sell the list.

Empress- saw your thread and the negative comments--
We can handle this a couple of ways-- we can go to their level or... we can handle this with class---- don't forget--
Success is the best revenge! ( but there are days when a little road trip to put things right is very appealing!!)
Just let us know if anybody gives you any trouble out there-- We've got your back!!

Frogger, please bring a timer w/ you if you must lay outside-- You are going to be furious with yourself if you get burned-- How about some of these "sunless creams?" __

Anagram-- And..... we're breathless, on the edge of our seats.....
what happened.... ?? and does that mean you get to go away?

Ceara- What is quack grass?

Punkin- Do you mean real sage grass? Like cowboy movie sage grass?

Arabella- Can you believe there is so much discussion of grass??

wsw-- Wish I knew a way to make things more comfortable for you-- hope to see more of you soon!

Wildfire-Car has been repaired- $30 for the part- $150 for labor-
or at least that was the "cover charge" -

PS- DH made sweet potato pancakes w/ tofu mixed in--
Tofu was so invisible, I thought why not use tofu "sweet potato pie"--
It will be sweet w/ cinammon, have fiber and carotene and Soy too!!

Tubs running- see you all soon!
Old 04-28-2003, 09:35 PM   #59  
Empress/Queen

Kaylets, you be a !!! Thanks for being out there ... Punkin, Arabella, Eydie, and in fact all you s be the best!

I am having a wonderful day (now that I just sent the story from h*** to the editor from h***) but it's true I just keep starting threads and deleting them ... I am really wanting a focused challenge thread to go with my new focused 12-week challenge. I don't think it's a happening thing, though! The weekly thread doesn't work for me anymore because I'm fixated on 12 weeks ... I'm obsessed but happy because I KNOW THIS WILL BE THE TURNING POINT IN THE PUDGE-OFF WAR! This is a major goal in my life at the moment ... I find that many of my friends do not understand that and want me to eat pizza and doughnuts again ... and it's only been one day!!!

Oh, well, guess I'll take a nap. Sorry, more of the me-me stuff. Can't seem to support anyone else at the moment ... very irritated with Old Dog who will eat ANYTHING, including garbage! In fact, she dumped the garbage all over the garage where I'd put it until I could take it out. I asked her why she did that but she just smiled coyly and refused to answer.

Sometimes I think people are like dogs in the respect that they are oft willing to put garbage in their bodies and don't know why, or refuse to say.

Wow, guys, I need some SUGAR badly!

Kaylets, Bartleby's is a wonderful site for quotes ... they also have full-text versions of lots and lots of classic literature and more ... I think it's www.bartlebys.com, although I haven't been there in some time, so maybe it's gone by now.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:37 AM   #60  

Hello all__

We are changing our reality ! GUILT FREE!! Making the best choice every time we have a choice. We are learning more every day which leads us to a greater appreciation for everything around us. And ..... the good news is.." the best is yet to come ( do you hear Tony Bennett??) ... and baaabbbyy ..... won't it be fine....????"

April 29---
Thought of the day :
"Seldom does an individual exceed
his own expectations."
--– Author Unknown

===================================
Question of the day :
"What is your favorite comic strip? Why?"
---Table Topics
==================================================

Let's make this a great Tuesday, no matter what it brings.....
Are you ready ?? Here we go Tuesday, Here we go..( I can't hear you!)
Here we go Tuesday, Here we go!!!

Well, this might come as a suprise-- scale is up- last TOM refused to come off-- Time for me to get focused on writing everything down-- This was not my idea of how to get off this plateau!!

Here's a cute visual, if we Royals went on a road trip to 'Put to right' the Empresses tormentors-- Can you imagine us w/ all our royal regalia?? In a stretch convertible? Maybe we could use some Yoga or Pilates moves on them for a reality check??
........ hmmmm, this could use some work..... please feel free to help me out here....

I'm off to the races.... wish me well... its MY REVIEW DAY!!!!!

Closed Thread