Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #76  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

sorry chickies, this fancy quoting thing? takes too much effort. I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE. Like, sore. Like, inflamed knees, sore shoulders, back, abs, and everything in the middle kinda sore. Sore Knees though?

Scale? No me gusta today. 182.2 GRRRRRRRR (yes water retention from being sore, don't care, UNDER 180 OR STOP YOUR MOCKERY STUPID DAMN SCALE).

Also, remnant of being fat. I got chafe. aka roadrash. from running.
you'll never guess where.

ready?

you sure?

grab your seats.

under my arms. it hurts. HAHA. really though?

guess i now need new runners, AND some seamless running gear??

Moving Forward- my secret is caffeine/ fructose (fruit) Basically, the energy surge without the calories.
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #77  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverName View Post
IL's like to cook, like to drink wine. I am limited with wine though, depending on when baby has last eaten- I'm nursing full time. So I don't need to worry too much about lots of alcohol calories. My FIL is working on losing weight, so there should be good options.
I think the thing that is really killing my weight loss though is snacking and after 8pm snacking. So I think this might not be too much of a problem. We shall see.
I didn't know you were nursing still! That's great! I had a terrible time nursing both my kids (DD is 3, DS is 9 months), I lasted about 4 weeks with both. When I quit nursing DS I kept eating like I was and gained 12 pounds back within about 6 to 8 weeks! That was my wake up call!

Snacking. . . my danger zone is around 2pm. I will not eat after dinner unless I have a lifting session in which I will have a protein shake after. BUT that afternoon hunger hits me and it can be very dangerous! I typically will have dinner very early (like at 4) to combat the beast. It's funny how everyone has different times they struggle during the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimkovs View Post
Stephanie- i have never had issues with the workouts, I enjoy it, the endorphins are great, and it seems to balance out my "anxious" personality, not complaining. Plus, I do have a "crap tonne" of time on my hands - looking for a job and all, so I mean, why not?
I always like it while I'm doing it (well, most of the time), it's just getting myself to do it that can be the struggle!

Quote:
sorry chickies, this fancy quoting thing? takes too much effort. I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE. Like, sore. Like, inflamed knees, sore shoulders, back, abs, and everything in the middle kinda sore. Sore Knees though?

Scale? No me gusta today. 182.2 GRRRRRRRR (yes water retention from being sore, don't care, UNDER 180 OR STOP YOUR MOCKERY STUPID DAMN SCALE).

Also, remnant of being fat. I got chafe. aka roadrash. from running.
you'll never guess where.

ready?

you sure?

grab your seats.

under my arms. it hurts. HAHA. really though?

guess i now need new runners, AND some seamless running gear??

Moving Forward- my secret is caffeine/ fructose (fruit) Basically, the energy surge without the calories.
Dang girl, sounds like you over did it! And OOOOOOH the chafe! That's horrible! Maybe get some of that glide stuff, or use vaseline. Even the skinnies chafe sometimes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHoliday View Post
Thanks CleverName, for recommending this thread.
I'm at 154.4 (about fourth day at this weight). My next goal is 150 so nearly there..
You are getting close!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeel4121 View Post
Confession: I didn't throw the biscuits away. I had two. But I logged them, and was still under my calories for the day. So, I guess it wasn't horrible.

weighed in today. Down 2 pounds. Don't you just love water fluctuations?

Went for a job interview today. It wasn't great. Then had lunch out with my dad. It wasn't the best meal choice, but I've logged it and am eating lighter for the rest of the day. I've come to the realisation that I need to make changes that are permanent and flexible. I think that I need to focus on balance. I'm not going to put a timeline on getting to goal, but I refuse to allow myself to gain.
Hey, 2 isn't bad at all! AND you are down! That's GREAT! I think it's a great idea to choose a way of living and losing weight that is premanent, flexible, balanced, and steady!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliastl27 View Post
I secretly like TOM, because I know that I always see some downward movement (however small) afterwards.

i NEVER get the "whoosh". i usually end up right back where i was after the TOM gain.

I can remember thinking in the 180's that I'd kill to be in the 150. Then all of a sudden you're there, and you're looking at the 130's like their your new 150's.

ugh, i know. when i finally got to goal last time i thought about lowering it to 130 but that seemed like itd require miracles of biblical proportion. i just didnt HATE myself at 150, so it didnt seem as bad.

"THROW THE BISCUITS AWAY!!!! Seriously, don't torture yourself!"
^agreed. ive done this with entire trays of brownies and cakes that had 3 pieces eaten and then got left at my house.

"Up ANOTHER pounds this morning (refuse to change ticker)"
hahahahaha. i totally do that also. at least i was back to 190 today
You will soon never see the 190s again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Forward View Post
If I could have a small fraction of your energy! That's amazing. I need to get on my treadmill (actually procrastinating right now-ha!). But we are having a heat wave right now and my motivation to move from the fan so that I can go sweat is zippo.

I foresee "crap ton" making it into the next revision of Websters.

I think I also figured this quoting thing out. Thanks!

Good luck at the IL's. I was randomly thinking in the shower about how the holidays are going to go visiting my IL's for days. They don't even know I'm on a diet and I don't want to hear all the great advice I'm going to get. I'm debating whether or not to bring my Vitamixer and foods to keep me on plan. What to do...?

Welcome Katie!
I sure hope they give me credit if it makes it into the dictionary. Just like Beyonce is synonymous with Bootylicious I want to be though of whenever someone says "crap ton" LMAO!

Well I was back down to 158 this morning. Just day 2 of TOM, so I was surprised to be down at all. I did make it to the gym last night. It was just a cardio day, and I was beat, so I just did a walk with incline intervals. But I did do a whole hour. Today is leg day, BOO! I don't so much mind the workout itself, just the 2 or 3 days of leg soreness afterwards. I did get a foam roller and that actually has helped with keeping the soreness from getting super bad. It HURTS though. I absolutely HATE any kind of stretching. It makes me feel sick!

I decided I need to cut out the mass quantities of diet soda I drink too. I need to pick a date and mentally prepare. I don't wanna, but I really need to.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #78  
Dedicated Yogi

stephanie- getting yourself there: 1 banana + very large cup of coffee, going there sucks- but i just remember how GOOD the endorphins feel after, and that's excuse enough.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:38 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

Everyone sounds like they're doing pretty good- well done!

Stepped on the scale this morning- last weigh-in at home for 10 days- and I was down from 162/163 to 160.2!!!!! I'm very happy with that.

IL Report: Dinner tonight was roast chicken, mini potatoes brushed with olive oil, and steamed broccoli. Oh, and wine. And birthday cake (my little gal turned 2 today!). Not too bad.
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:28 AM   #80  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
You will soon never see the 190s again!
the first time i see 18 at the beginning of my weight i will do a tiny happy dance and then miserably wait to see 17-

hahahahhahaha
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #81  
in pursuit of progress

S/C/G: 180/146/130

I feel like I have completely hit a plateau!! This is my first one so I am not enjoying it . It's my TOM though so I'm hoping that when that ends I'll see some difference?
nina cloudstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #82  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
the first time i see 18 at the beginning of my weight i will do a tiny happy dance and then miserably wait to see 17-

hahahahhahaha
LOL. Isn't that what it always is! 'oh, yey, I'm finally at X!' and then it seems like its FOREVER to get to the next X. Sigh..
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #83  
Dedicated Yogi

i am going to throw a temper tantrum.

i can't figure out this whole "eating" thing. obviously, no issue with the exercise.

i need to go back to the basics, but situationally, this is not possible right now.

it just really sucks because I am having a really tough time finding a position in a field. i am not in a financial crunch, so it's a matter of waiting and interviewing, but while i am home, this pesky thing sneaks up on me. the fridge. so, i guess for now, i can hope, and exercise and try to be dilligent. i always do far better when on a strict schedule.

on top of that- i'm going out for dinner tonight, drinks tomorrow, turkey saturday, and NYC sunday-monday-tuesday (with the associated 8 hr drive there and back). that's almost a week of eating out.

if i come back a whale, please pour some water on me to keep me alive to have the tamper tantrum.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #84  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

I'm going to join in if ya'll don't mind.
I hit my original goal of 160 last November. I decided to go for 10 more pounds off - 150. For the past year my scale has bounced around and so has my commitment to getting those last 10 off. Now I am recommitted, have been doing pretty well the last couple of months. Not 100% OP all the time but at least 80% of the time and the stupid, dang scale is NOT my friend.
A week ago I was down to 161 and now it is back up to 164-165 despite the fact that I am OP. I was hoping it was water weight because I had eaten some popcorn but it is not coming back off. I am so very discouraged. I just want to cry.
I remember this time last year how happy I was for the progress I had made. This year, not so much. Feeling VERY depressed and like the weight is never going to come off.
GET ME OUT OF THE 160's PLEASE!!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #85  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

I hope I can join you. I am ready to see 17- on the scale!!! I'm at 187 as of right now. I feel like the weight is coming off sooooo slow now that I have a little one to feed. Before I got pregnant with him I was losing 2-3 pounds a week sometimes more, eating very healthy! Now I crave junk, constantly snack and the weight drips off. Grrr, I guess nursing and recovering from having a baby 5 months ago is keeping me on my toes. :/
tschaff04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #86  
Stephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverName View Post
Everyone sounds like they're doing pretty good- well done!

Stepped on the scale this morning- last weigh-in at home for 10 days- and I was down from 162/163 to 160.2!!!!! I'm very happy with that.

IL Report: Dinner tonight was roast chicken, mini potatoes brushed with olive oil, and steamed broccoli. Oh, and wine. And birthday cake (my little gal turned 2 today!). Not too bad.
YAY for 160.2! Sounds like a great dinner. And happy birthday to your little lady!

Quote:

hahahahhahaha
LOL see! And you will feel the same way about the 160s and so on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina cloudstar View Post
I feel like I have completely hit a plateau!! This is my first one so I am not enjoying it . It's my TOM though so I'm hoping that when that ends I'll see some difference?
My first one was at 179 and it lasted about 4 weeks. It sucked! I'm sure after TOM you will see a difference. It's my TOM too, so I'm not surprised my weight has gone up a tad and stayed there. I know it will go back down in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
LOL. Isn't that what it always is! 'oh, yey, I'm finally at X!' and then it seems like its FOREVER to get to the next X. Sigh..
It does! I have like 1 moment of OH YAY I'm now 1X9, then like 2 seconds later I'm thinking, ok hmmmm how long will it take me to lose 10 more pounds to get to the next decade!

Quote:
i am going to throw a temper tantrum.

i can't figure out this whole "eating" thing. obviously, no issue with the exercise.

i need to go back to the basics, but situationally, this is not possible right now.

it just really sucks because I am having a really tough time finding a position in a field. i am not in a financial crunch, so it's a matter of waiting and interviewing, but while i am home, this pesky thing sneaks up on me. the fridge. so, i guess for now, i can hope, and exercise and try to be dilligent. i always do far better when on a strict schedule.

on top of that- i'm going out for dinner tonight, drinks tomorrow, turkey saturday, and NYC sunday-monday-tuesday (with the associated 8 hr drive there and back). that's almost a week of eating out.

if i come back a whale, please pour some water on me to keep me alive to have the tamper tantrum.
That is a very tough situation to eat well. I could give tons of advice, but I know in practice it is a whole different story. It may suck, but even maintaining at this point would be good! But definitely feel free to throw a tantrum. I'm certain you won't return a whale! But we will be here either way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMom View Post
I'm going to join in if ya'll don't mind.
I hit my original goal of 160 last November. I decided to go for 10 more pounds off - 150. For the past year my scale has bounced around and so has my commitment to getting those last 10 off. Now I am recommitted, have been doing pretty well the last couple of months. Not 100% OP all the time but at least 80% of the time and the stupid, dang scale is NOT my friend.
A week ago I was down to 161 and now it is back up to 164-165 despite the fact that I am OP. I was hoping it was water weight because I had eaten some popcorn but it is not coming back off. I am so very discouraged. I just want to cry.
I remember this time last year how happy I was for the progress I had made. This year, not so much. Feeling VERY depressed and like the weight is never going to come off.
GET ME OUT OF THE 160's PLEASE!!!
YES! Join us! What kind of plan are you following? It can get very discouraging. We can do this, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschaff04 View Post
I hope I can join you. I am ready to see 17- on the scale!!! I'm at 187 as of right now. I feel like the weight is coming off sooooo slow now that I have a little one to feed. Before I got pregnant with him I was losing 2-3 pounds a week sometimes more, eating very healthy! Now I crave junk, constantly snack and the weight drips off. Grrr, I guess nursing and recovering from having a baby 5 months ago is keeping me on my toes. :/
You can definitely join! I'm so pleased we have so many people! It can definitely be a challenge with a baby. CleverName is nursing as well. I am not nursing, but I do have a 9 month old (and a 3 year old), so I can definitely related to the struggles of losing weight with kids. I start losing weight seriously when my son was 3 months old (towards the end of March). I'm 35 pounds under my prepregnancy weight now! But I'd love to hit my ultimate goal by his 1st birthday, or at least be very close.

Scale stayed at 158 this morning. TOM is in full swing, so I'm definitely not surprised it didn't go down, actually more surprised it wasn't higher.

I went and tried on some clothes yesterday, just for fun (I do that now apparently! WEIRD!), and I'm a solid size 10! I bought a pair of 10s last week, but I thought maybe it was a fluke. But NO! I actually fit into a 10 in just about everything (there were a few b@stardy articles of clothing that didn't want to cooperate, but they were OBVIOUSLY made wrong, HA!). I have never in my life bought a size 10, so I'm very excited. Well, I'm sure at some point in high school I could have worn a 10, but I do not remember -- I was never small.

I also got my wedding dress out of my ILs garage a couple days ago (I was 142 pounds when I got married in '06), and tried it on -- it definitely wasn't zipping up all the way, about a 2 inch gap at the top, about a 1 inch gap towards the mid back. Not bad though! Considering I'm 15-16 pounds heavier right now. It'll feel like a real accomplishment to fit back into it!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #87  
Get Me Back Down to 130s

S/C/G: 191/188.6/125

wooohooo I can now post here!

Just left the 180s and can't WAIT to get out of the 170s
losingweightforgood2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #88  
Stephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingweightforgood2 View Post
wooohooo I can now post here!

Just left the 180s and can't WAIT to get out of the 170s
Woo hoo! Welcome!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #89  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

190.7 AGAIN today... really? down to the 0.1? CMON SCALE!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #90  
Get Me Back Down to 130s

S/C/G: 191/188.6/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
Woo hoo! Welcome!
Thank you:-)
losingweightforgood2 is offline   Reply With Quote