Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 09:42 AM   #196  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Jen, Good Luck on your finals. I haven't heard anything else on the pipebomb situation. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

It is another warm beautiful day but it is supposed to go back to "seasonal" temps for tomorrow. As long as it doesn't get cold again it is okay but I kinda like wearing shorts again.(even if they are too big)

I have a hair appointm,ent tomorrow at 8:15 in the morning so I have to get up early and let the kids send them selves to school and haul *** to get there. I am getting it highlighted so maybe I will change my avatar tomorrow night.

I bought a head of cabbage for my veggies this week. It was so good at Easter and I looked it up and it only has 33 calories per cup. WOW. I like cabbage but I only have it once a year at Easter usually and then I forget about it.

I'll check back later. I hope you guys have a great day.
Old 04-29-2003, 01:33 PM   #197  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Where is Everybody??

Sandy, How are you doing? Enjoying the good weather.

Kempy, Are ya working hard?
Old 04-29-2003, 01:41 PM   #198  

Gosh, could it have taken me just a little longer to get here today? Sorry

Thanks for the complements on the yard. I swear all we do is work in it right now. Oh well, it will be worth it once it is done.

I had to order more clothes for our pro- shop today. That is always fun but time consuming. I talked to a head rep at the company that we deal with for our club software and that took a LONG time. We are going to be switching so thy are now trying to hop to it to give us everything that I have been asking for for over a year. It is amazing what a threat of money losss will do to someone.
Old 04-29-2003, 02:24 PM   #199  

Hi chickee-poohs,
I'm here, and I have been reading, just did not have much to say lately.

Kempy: Love the yard, it looks wonderful. You will enjoy it once it is all done.

Angie: yes the weather is unbelievable today. My mom and I just went by the bank clock thing and it said 83 here on the coast. I took a trip to Walmart with mom, she had to return pants for my dad, funny though, she did not get him new ones but instead opted for new bras, socks and somehting? else for herself.... . I didn't have much money to spend, but did end up getting Evan a new pair of boy sandles and Alexis an outfit on clearence for $5.00. It's a cute short sleeved shirt (purple with flowers on it) and a skort....too cute. Hubby needed paint rollers to paint the boat and I didnt get myself a thing....HUMMMMMMM~always seems to be the way, mom always waits for what she wants, but I am the one going away for the weekened......do I feel bad about leaving them all behind not one little bit!!!!!! Mom needs a break!!!

Food has been so/so, the scale is staying the same and I thank goodness for that. I just seemed to reach some funky place I can't seem to crawl out of. I think after my free for all this weekend I will have it all out of my system....gosh I hope so, okay no gosh about it!!! I will be back on track I promise you and myself.

Hugs,
Old 04-29-2003, 02:38 PM   #200  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey no fair, I'm just getting in to work and you're day's almost over . I'm indulging myself in a little coffee this morning, nothing fancy, just plain royal Kona coffee w/some equal and half/half. I had an english muffin w/peanut butter and jelly for breakfast than I ate a Spam musubi (kind of like a sushi thing but w/spam instead of fish)...do you guys eat Spam over there? I think Hawaii has the largest consumption of Spam per capita nationwide--not that I'm proud or anything, that's just a little fact . Anyway, that's way more calories than I normally eat at breakfast so I need to watch it the rest of the day. My legs are speaking to me this morning. I finally got on the elliptical for 15 minutes yesterday, then went out and did my regular walking route...my bones are creaking and complaining along w/my muscles which I've never felt before .

Angie have fun doing your hair tomorrow. You'll feel like a new woman . Is your hair naturally wavy or do you get it permed? It's really nice. My hair is straight as a pin and even when I used to get it permed the stylist would have a hard time getting it to go on the rods. I like my straight hair now though.

Sandy where are you going for the weekend? No kids huh? No hubby too? That would be fun wouldn't it? Once in a great while my sisters and I jet over to another island like Maui or the Big Island and just go have fun w/out hubbys or BF's...oh yeah, girls just want to have fun.

Kemp whenever you write about work I think of you as the responsible adult...me, I feel like I'm always goofing off here at work --it must be because I am.

Well, I've got to get started on some invoices so we can get some money into the bank. Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:12 PM   #201  

I am sneaking back on again.

Noeel don't think that I don't goof off alot b/c I do. I think I would go crazy if I worked constantly.

Sandy I am heading out for the weekend too. Hubby and I are going to the beach. I am sooo ready for some sun. (not to much ready for the bathing suit though).
Old 04-29-2003, 03:57 PM   #202  
so close, yet so far...

Red face Wearer of different hats...

I remember reading in someone's journal once (I can't remember who it was) this passage, and it really spoke to me, so I printed it out and stuck it to my computer next to my desk. It's been taped there for quite a few months and just now I re-read it. It goes like this: (remember, I didn't compose this, I "lifted" it out of someone's 3FC journal, so the author, whoever you are, thanks!)

I am strong...
I am capable...
I am worth everything...
I am worth every muscle cramp I will get, every bead of sweat...
I am a Queen, a Goddess...
I am strong.
I will make it .
I will be everything I ever wanted to be.
I am worth every second spent, every calorie saved & every calorie burned.
I am real. I have feelings. I am a woman, a mother, a daughter, sister, friend...
Everything I do affects something else in the universe .
I am strong .
I am me .

I loved it then and I love it now--even more so since my hubby hand wrote in pen at the bottom: don't forget you are beautiful. Love you! How sweet, don't ya think? heehee

**what brought about all this introspection? my doorbell rang a few minutes ago and there was a car load of lowlifes (my first impression of them) blocking my warehouse door, cigarette smoke billowing out of the windows...I had to tell them to scram and quit blocking the door since I was expecting some deliveries. They made some comments which I couldn't exactly hear but they moved. I am feeling empowered. ROAR!
Old 04-29-2003, 05:42 PM   #203  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Sandy, A vacation? How fun. I haven't been on a vacation since the kids were in headstart and they are in 4th and 5th grades now. And that was just a night in New Hampshire and we went to StoryLand and Santas Village. Me and Corey both got attacked by a reindeer there too. I was so pissed. It jumped up on my shoulders and then rammed Corey(who was about 4) in the stomache. We had to walk around all day dirty from the damn thing. It has been a while. Have fun.

Noelle, My hair used to be straight when I was a kid and then in my teens I used to get perms alot but my last perm was about 10 years ago and the damn curl won't leave. I would love to have straight hair that doesn't frizz up when it is dry. I use so much hair spray so it won't do that.

Kempy, the beach. Now I am jealous. I told Jay yesterday that I wished we could think of something fun to do but in Maine there is nothing fun to do. I have been to Bar Harbor more times than I want to count and that is about it to do here.

I am making lowfat Fish and chips for supper. I haven't had it for a long time and I am trying to make this week a good one. Oh yeah, I will have logged 7 miles walked by tonight. YEAH!!!

Last edited by angieME; 04-29-2003 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:43 PM   #204  

I'm so sorry, I thought I had told you all about me leaving for the weekend. Well, heres the lowdown. A bunch of us girls (cousins, aunts, grandmothers, moms, mom in laws, friends and whoever else) We all get together 2 times a year and go up north to a town called Carroll. Family owns a camp up there. So anyway thats where we are all headed!!! Friday 10:00am we are out of here!!! No kids, no hubbys, no males of any sorts!!! Drinks, food and woman and I am taking the video camera this time....that should be funny. Last time, we went up 2 weeks after the family reunion type thing up there on Labor Day weekend, well anyway I did not bother to unpack the sleeping bag I was taking with me cause I was just gonna have to pack it again, (hubby and I have a double sleeping bag) well anyway, I went to crawl in that night when it was just all woman and guess what was in my bag????My hubbys undies....LOL, guess that was a story from Labor day...thought I would share with you all, all the girls up there got a big laugh and to this day talk about it, and I am sure there will be the questions if I brought them this time...LOL

So, yes its a grown up girl slumber party I guess, only with alcohol. We laugh so hard you come home with your ribs hurting from laughing for two days.

TTYL,
Sandy
Old 04-29-2003, 08:08 PM   #205  
so close, yet so far...

Ooh la la Sandy...the things that can be done in a double sleeping bag . I can imagine the fun you'll have this time. I like hanging out w/just "the girls" . Have fun! You deserve a break for sure.

Angie were you in the middle of reindeer mating season? Sorry I don't mean to laugh but just picturing the animal head butting...I've seen goats do it to the little kids at the zoo, I can just imagine what kind of damage a bigger deer can do.

It's so dang hot here today, upwards of 83 degrees--bright, blue and sunny--I can imagine what summer temps will be...sweating now as it is already. Anyhoo, my sons King costume came via UPS right after I had lunch. It's really cute w/a velvety cape and everything. I hope he's not too hot in it on the day of the party. I'll try and get a picture of him w/all the little princesses. Well, it's back to finish my work day. Have a good night everyone.
Old 04-29-2003, 11:04 PM   #206  

Go Angie....7 miles Just a real quick check in again. It sounds like everybody had a really great day. Good!!! I think I have decided after my inal on Thurs. I'm going to take some time off for the summer so I can spend a little extra time at home with my kids at least for a couple weeks. BIG decision. It will also give me some time to oncentrate on myself also. I think it's going to be good.

Sandy: Have fun on your trip!!!!

Noelle: Can't wait to see pictures of the king!!!

Well I'll try and check in later after the little ones fall asleep. Have a good night everyone.
Old 04-30-2003, 11:28 AM   #207  

Not much going on down here today.

Angie I can't wait to see your hair. I am sure it is going to look great. Have you thought about contacting the Maine tourism board? They should be able to help you find things to do close to you.

I got myself up and to the gym today but when I got here I was totally unmotivated. I endedd up doing 10 min. of cardio. That isn't enough to burn any sort of cals.

One of our memebrs brought in some old photos of our town from 1900. Talk about wild. It is strange seeing the streets made of dirt. I loved looking through them. There were only a few building I couldn't figure out but all of the rest of them are still here and look pretty much the same.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:07 PM   #208  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Kempy,I love the old pictures too. We usually have books floating around that show all of the towns old pics. It is strange to see the town that you can still sorta resemble with the dirt roads and horses.

Jen, You should take some time off you sound like a very busy woman. The kids would probably love it too.

Noelle, I have no idea what that deer was thinking. I had a handful of grain and I saw it looking at me funny and then he just ran and jumped on my shoulders and I started to scream then he got off and I saw him dig the ground and he put his head down and rammed Corey and knocked him over. I was so embarrassed because there were tons of people in there. We went on the tram after and looked down on them and said we were coming back at hunting season and taking care of him.

Sandy, Sounds like a fun weekend. I have never been away from Jay for even a night. I swear we are just like my parents. Always together. I hope you have a great time and I can't wait to hear stories.

My hair came out good. I will have Brit take a picture of me later and change my avatar. I am sore today. I did one walk so if I get in 2 more this afternoon I will still have 4 1/2 miles.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:28 PM   #209  
so close, yet so far...

Talking Wednesday: Hooray for hump day

Hey chickies! I think I've picked up an old addiction of mine (no, not food ) , coffee in the morning. I haven't had coffee in the mornings for like 8 mos? Ever since I left my old job I haven't had coffee in the morning. How did I ever do it? I had McDonald's coffee yesterday which was OK, but this morning I went to the 7-11 where they have all sorts of different flavors. I chose coconut cream , just the name sounded good--and it is. They also have the regular Kona coffee which is grown on the Big Island and stuff like chocolate mocha or mocha mint (?)... I like coffee, makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, then after I'm done I'm all jittery--which I like somtimes . I have a coffee maker here in the office but it's brand new and I don't feel like making a whole pot of coffee just for me--if I did, I just may drink the whole thing. I have one of those french press thinga-ma-jigs but since I'm boycotting all things french (haha) I will not use it. OK nuff about coffee. I lost control last night after my walk and ate some cheese stuffed breadsticks--4, count 'em 4 + 2 malasadas . I dunno, once I had one I just couldn't stop. But! Back on track today (crossing fingers).

Jen I hear there was some hail in Denver? Is that where you are? On the news they showed a boy riding a bike with the hail pelting down and all the cars backed up on the freeway during the hailstorm. Aren't we heading toward summer already? Sheesh.

Angie can't wait to see your new pic. You're sure burning up those miles . I'm trying to get on my elliptical more and more each day...my thigh muscles don't like it at all .

Kempy did that personal trainer just give you a workout plan that you're supposed to follow? If I had a personal trainer I think I'd want him/her to be on my *** the whole time I was at the gym (that would be the only way I would keep doing the exercise I think ) . Hey, at least you did 10 min...better than zero.
As far as historic pictures, I live in an old sugar mill town and there are still some of the original buildings and the mill w/smoke stack still standing. The last of the plantation houses have gone though, and it's too bad because some of the "luna" (boss) houses were really beautiful and could've been restored. A lot of the local business here have pictures of the area where their buildings now stand. It's really neat.

Sandy, it's almost Friday--can you stand the wait? I need a vacation too....just need to think of where.

Oh yeah, and Angie, you should try to get away from Jay now and then--I've left the country w/out Rick and let me tell you, I had the time of my life . All good clean fun but no man telling me 'enough shopping' already...

Hey did anyone catch that series "Manor House" on PBS? It's about a bunch of people who go and live in this big old manor house like the "Edwardian Days" (1900's?) --they show the heirarchy of the house servants from the scullery maid up to the ladies maid, the hall boy to the butler and the Lord and lady of the house--these are all people like us (except British) who volunteered for the "experience"...really interesting to see how the people lived then. It's sorta like the other American show where the people went and lived for 6 months like in pioneer times. I would not volunteer for that.
Old 04-30-2003, 04:35 PM   #210  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Noelle, You have been good all week right? I wouldn't worry about it just be good today and it won't stay with you. Plus, you did just get done walking so that must have helped a little bit.
Closed Thread