Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 12:27 PM   #181  

Hi all,

Thought I would check in real quick before we're off to another soccer game. Jus got back from getting our free trees. They are just little baby trees....but they'll grow. We got a hackberry, and a ponderosa pine. And they are giving away a 5 gallon fruit tree. I have to get those planted today for sure.

Congratulations Angie!!!!! I'm so happy for you.

Well I'll check in later, after the game we're going out for lunch. Wish me luck. This will be my first resturant experience. and then off to the Geology class, to the store, and the plant nursery, and then home to get the trees planted and then out for a walk. Here I go. Talk to you later!!!
Old 04-26-2003, 09:14 PM   #182  

Did any of you guys see Oprah one day last week when she had all those weight loss success stories ?
One man lost 305 lbs. !
His before weight was over 500 lbs.

You could barely tell they were the same people from their before pictures.

All of them were very inspiring.
Old 04-26-2003, 11:01 PM   #183  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Jen, How did you make out at lunch? Okay I hope. Going out is impossible for me...Unless it is Subway. I live on the stuff.

Gargoyle, I tried to watch the whole show but my sister came to get the kids and I ended up catching the beginning and end but I saw a few of the people. INCREDIBLE.

Noelle, I haven't seen ya today so I am assuming you feel shitty still. I am sending hugs and I hope you feel better real soon. Jay is feeling not so good again too. I hope I don't get it.

Kempy, I hope it slows down for ya at work this week so we can chat some. I miss ya!!

Sandy, How is your weekend going? I hope you and your family are having a good one even though it is so bad out.

I made it through my first Saturday in a long time with nothing for a bad snack. YEAH!!! I had some low fat microwave Kettle corn tonight but I skipped my WOW chips with dinner to do it. They say it is supposed to be 66 on Monday so it will feel nice to not be bloated when it is warm. Now to get some tan in a can so my legs don't look like marshmallows when I put on shorts. HEHE
Old 04-27-2003, 12:18 AM   #184  

Hi all,

Thought I would check in before going off to bed. We actually decided not to go out for lunch, and I'm pretty glad. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that yet. Going out to eat is the hardest. We instead came back...ate lunch here, and then made low fat calzones for dinner. I made them WAY to big, so I only ate half and put the other half away for tomorrow. I don't know if it's because I actually got full, but I feel like I totally blew it for today. Oh well, I guess I'll be sure to get out and go, go, go in the morning. I was only able to do a mile earlier, it was way too hot to go further than that..

Well it's Spring....The bears have started to come down out of the mountains and into the neighborhoods. That means the Mountain Lions aren't too far behind.

Angie; you should see my legs, they are whiter than white....my friends actually call me Casper because I'm always white as a ghost. And every time I use the tanning stuff, I turn orange. White or orange, Hmmmm

Well I'm going to get going, I hope you all have a wonderful night and a great morning tomorrow. Talk to you later.

Last edited by Mark&Ivy'smom; 04-27-2003 at 12:24 AM.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:43 AM   #185  
Finally Fit!

Morning. Checking in, and wanted to leave my contact info. Thanks for the inspring words you left me in my journal.

Christy

[email protected]

Please keep in touch with me girls!!
Old 04-28-2003, 07:58 AM   #186  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning!!! I made it through the weekend without any screw ups. YIPEE!!! I ate supper at 7:30 last night because we spent most of the afternoon in the emergency room for Jay. He has strep AGAIN!!! The doc said he has been seeing a few people who have had it recur so the poor man is in pain again. I sure hope I don't get it.

That is about it for my excitement. I will check back later.
Old 04-28-2003, 11:52 AM   #187  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Angry Monday Monday

Good morning all...I have a computer that works again! Our downstairs living room aka catach-all, playroom, now "workout" room was being rearranged this weekend. Computer got disconnected to we could move the desk and the furniture around to get that home gym in...of course the cables and power cords weren't long enough so we had to get new ones...our desk is actually a 3 section thing which we had to disassemble a little to move...home gym is in the house (still in the boxes) but in the house. Maybe by next weekend I can actually use it (crossing fingers!!!)

I'm still not "quite right" as far as this cold goes but at least I'm not having the headaches anymore. TOM is terrible this month, not crampy and bloated, but just the volume is gross. I'll be glad when it's over in about 2 days. I haven't walked for 3 days--been extra busy w/the house + went to a friends wedding which was so beautiful! I'm back on track this Monday though like always...

Congrats on the loss Angie, you are my slimming inspiration! Hope Jay gets better quick, it's not fun at all when you're sick for more than a few days, especially w/strep. Enjoy the sun today.

Jen, mountain lions? Scary! That would make me walk extra fast .

Gar I did catch that Oprah show and you know, one day each and every one of us on this thread or even on this site could be on that show for our accomplishments. Those people looked amazing! I'm doubly proud because they did it without surgery--just good old fashioned will-power and exercise.

Chris take care of yourself and hope to hear from you now and again. Good luck!!!

Sandy, Kempy, Washu what you are gals up to today? Whatever it is, have fun.

I'll check back later when I get into work. cheers!
Old 04-28-2003, 12:36 PM   #188  

I can't beleive I didn't make it here over the weekend. It always seems like something with me though.

Jen Pilates is kind of a fromw of Yoga. I think it is more like calistenics (SP). You have to really concentrate on using your core muscles though so that is what will make you sore.

Angie, I really feel for Jay. I hated it when i had strep. I don't wish that on anyone.

Gar I wish I would have caught Oprah. I am never off of work in time though.

I am not getting on the scale so I have no idea if I have gained or lost. I am thinking about not looking for two weeks and then seeing where it is.

The weekend was wonderful here. I had the windows open all weekend. I was truely loving it. I spread the rest of the sand around our yard and that was a strenuouse workout. I am sore today but I know it is a good sore.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:51 PM   #189  

Good morning everyone, actually good afternoon pretty soon. Today I have had a slow start, I'm so tired. I just feel drained, I hope I'm not getting sick. Weighed in this morning and I'm down 3 more pounds. YAY!!! Other than that nothing exciting has been happening.

Angie: I hope Jay starts to feel better soon.

Noelle: Congrats on the new home gym. Sounds like fun. Actually I'm too far in to get the Cougars, they usually hit on the outskirts of Denver, this is the time whenyou hear alot about pets disappearing and sightings in the neighborhoods. I have some friends that see them quite often. We did have a bear out here last year though.

Kempy: Thanks, I have been earing so much about it, but never really knew what it was.

well I'll check in later. See ya then!!!
Old 04-28-2003, 04:14 PM   #190  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Afternoon!!! I just got back from my walk bringing me up to 4 1/2 miles plus I plan on taking another one after supper to get in 6 miles. It is beautiful out today and I am actually in shorts and a top I have never worn before.

Noelle, CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS!!!!! I get the volume problem every month but mine only lasts for 3 days tops so it makes it all better. How do you like the weight bench?

Kempy, I am not doing the scale thing more than once a week nopw either. It usually just depresses me. Did you get your walkways all done this weekend?

Jen,CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS!!! Wow, 3 pounds must feel great! I need one of those weeks. We had a bear on our deck at our old house once. Thankfully I was asleep but I saw the frosting pail he tried to chew into. Scary!

Jay is feeling better today. He went to bed early last night.

My wholesale distributer gave me some samples today... cinnamon, orange and chocolate rolls. I liked the chocolate(one bite) and the cinnamon(1 bite) but the orange was too candyish for me. I might order them for the accounts though, they did cook up pretty nice looking.

Whatcha all up to today?
Old 04-28-2003, 04:38 PM   #191  

I am going to post a pic for you guys that I don't have an e-mail for.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:20 PM   #192  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Kempy you guys did a great job on that walkway and deck. Very beautiful and professional. So cool! I especially like the way all the trees are behind the house...is that a bayou in your backyard? Our backyard is just dirt for now, but the new BBQ pit should be ready for use any day since the cement has cured. I keep joking to my BIL that I wanna fire up some pizza in there.

Jen congrats on your 3 lb loss--you go girl!

Angie are those rolls like snail type rollups? : Yum, the chocolate and the orange sounds good. I made some 'jello' rolls once, like cinnamon rolls but instead of cinnamon I used jello powder. It was a little tangy but I guess if you put in a little sugar or even splenda it would be a little sweeter and palatable. It was just something I tried. Geez, you're a regular walking machine aren't you--good job!

Yesterday evening as we were cleaning up the living room I found a box of clothes which were mostly my sons infant and toddler clothes. There were also an assortment of shorts in various sizes from size 12, 13/14 jr., size 14 and 16. I kept 4 pairs and can fit one now and should be able to get into the others within a few months. It was just like Christmas! So cool. I don't know why that box of clothes didn't get donated w/the rest of the stuff but I'm kind of glad it didn't. It was there for a reason I guess.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:43 PM   #193  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Yeah they are like a regular cinnamon roll that you would buy at a coffee shop but some have chocolate in it and the other one was like an orange jam. I think I will order a case and see if they sell. Congrats on finding old shorts. I threw away all my skinny clothes from high school 4 years ago when we moved. I did keep my favorite jeans though. They say 9/10 but they look more like a 4 now. They are tiny and I couldn't fit in them at 130 so I guess I will never get into them again. SHUCKS! I would probably have to weigh 100 pounds to squeeze into them.

Kempy, nice yard. I love the walkway. You guys want to come here and do one for me? PLEASE!!!

Well, I got in 6 miles today. On our last trip around we went backwards and I ran into my ex sister in law and she said we couldn't go through town because the cops had Main Street blocked off because they found a pipe in the road and thought it was a bomb. NICE!! They were all cleared up when we got down ther but I can't wait to hear what actually happened. Town was so full of teenagers tonight too. I hate that.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:56 AM   #194  

Just thought I would check in real quick before heading off to bed. Hoping tomorrwo will be a better day for me than today, but this is the last week in this class and I have a final on Thursday. Total stress time I think tomorrow I might try a bike ride.

Kempy: Your yard looks beautiful. Congrats!!!

Angie: You Go with your 6 mile walks. You're doing a great job!!! I hope you fill us in on your town gossip about the pipe/bomb thing. Those rolls sound so good, especially the chocolate ones!!!

Noelle: Congrats on being able to get into some old shorts!!! I kept all mine from pre-pregnancy days when I was Hot. I'm hoping ot get back into them one day.

Well I guess I'll head off to bed soon. You all have a good night and a wonderful day tomorrow!!!!
Old 04-29-2003, 09:38 AM   #195  

Kempy - Your yard looks great !
Love the stepping stones, too.

We should all be lucky enough to have that many trees around.
It's wonderful to have that much shade.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Closed Thread