Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #151  

Height: 5'8.5"

Wonderful reading all these great NSVs!! Thanks for sharing.

Leben, I cracked up at your "butt shelf" comment -- because I "get it." I don't really have a butt at all... but way up ABOVE where my butt should be there is a huge "something" -- I suppose shelf is as good a word as any. But it is big like a butt except right up under my waist. To top it off I have a huge stomach, so I sort of look like I am made backwards.

I do have a couple of NSVs.

I used to love running up and down stairs. But with my degenerative arthritis in one hip (no cartilage) I have to be really careful to avoid falling. My mind would be thinking I am going to hop right up those stair... then I would get there and be forced to hold onto the rails an take "baby steps" up and down the stairs. But as I am losing weight and seeing a chiropractor for back and shoulder pain, I am seeing a huge improvement. First I could go *down* the stairs with just lightly balancing one hand on the rail (which I will keep having to do because of the falling danger) and just going right down them. And taking "adult" steps going up a lot of them. Well, yesterday I just headed to the stairs and tried my "hop on up them" and actually *made* it... not at a running speed but I could DO it. Also I can now easily get out of the pool on the deep end ladder; I used to have to go to the shallow end steps.

Second one... I can now clip my toenails without it being a major feat! I would let them grow so long they were painful because it was so hard to do them but I just did it this morning, and it was no big deal.

The things we learn to appreciate!!!

Keep sharing, everyone. These are so much fun to read.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Misti, I sooooo get the thing about the toe nails! I just clipped mine an hour ago and it wasn't a strain. Grats on the stairs thing, too!

I had a couple of NSVs this week. I ordered a pair of size 20 jeans. No big deal, right? Well, to me it's a big damn deal. When I started this weight loss effort, I was wearing size 26 pants. The last time I fit into size 20 pants was 18 years ago. Eighteen years ago.

I also got the results of my yearly blood work. Last year, my fasting glucose indicated that I had impaired glucose tolerance. This year, my fasting glucose was in the normal range. I may have avoided type 2 Diabetes!

My cholesterol levels last year were high. They decreased by a good bit this year (34 points cholesterol, 33 points LDL). I'm still higher than normal but not by a whole lot. Woot!
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #153  

Garnet, way to go! Congrat on avoiding illness.

Actually that would be an NSV for me also. Last year my stats were not so good and this last time they were all within normal range!
Old 09-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #154  

S/C/G: LW/SW/CW/GW: 107/121/119.4/113

Height: 5'2

First time wearing a skirt out at night in probably a year and I was told that I "looked seriously hot."

Last edited by butterfliesinhereyes; 09-02-2012 at 04:58 PM.
butterfliesinhereyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #155  

I slipped into my jeans today (slipped, not struggled, tugged, jumped, etc) and they were comfortable! They're size 22 but lately they were feeling really tight - like, painful to button tight. Just when I feel like I haven't made any progress, too! I'm so glad for this boost.

Last edited by thinkfit; 09-02-2012 at 06:01 PM.
thinkfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I've been wearing some old, cheap wedding band because I can't get the real one on. Tonight, it's out with the Cracker Jack prize, in with the real wedding ring. This makes me happy. I'm sure DH is happy I lost weight, too.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:43 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 82.2/78.5/64

Height: 176

Yesterday I managed to run for an hour straight without stopping. It's a goal I have had for years, I think I was a teenager when I made the goal, and I'm 22 now. I've also noticed that a jacket that I bought a couple of months ago is starting to feel a little loose. When I bought it, it was slightly too tight, and I was using it as inspiration to lose weight.
AmyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:02 AM   #158  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

I got rid of my armpit pudge...well, by "got rid of," I mean that I followed the advice of people more saavy than I and realized that I've apparently been wearing bras 3 cup sizes too small. I was on the verge of a panic attack and/or existential crisis after, but I traded some pretty unsightly 'fat' for boobs. Let's see how long it takes my brain to adjust to THIS madness...
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:30 AM   #159  

These are all wonderful NSVs. I love coming here and reading these and, every once in a while, being able to post one of my own!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Hotaruchan, I laughed out loud at your "existential crisis". What a way to go - arm pit pudge to boobs! Good job!
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 305.5/226.8/170

Height: 5'5"

Misti, glad to know I'm not the only one with shelf issues, haha!

I've been doing a new kickboxing routine that has these "oblique crunches" in it. Well, yesterday I had a hand on my hip and noticed a 'lump' on my side...my first thought was, 'holy crap, is that my appendix? do I need to see a doctor?' (I never was so great at anatomy) I seriously did fret over this for a little while...but then I felt the other side, and realized 'oh hey, wait...that must be my oblique's!!!'
LebenAlles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

I bought a blouse today with a draped neckline and it's more form fitting than anything I've bought in years. When I tried it on for my husband, he lit up like a Christmas tree.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #163  
Warrior Princess

I have a ring on my right hand that I have been wearing literally 24/7 since I was about 11 years old (I'm 38 now) that I could barely get off the last ten years and now it slides on and off without effort. I never leave it off though, that ring is part of me.

Also I can wear a certain t-shirt that used to make my upper arms look like a squeezed sausage roll and hugged every inch of my body and now it fits perfectly! There's even some room! That was the best feeling ever. I wish I had taken a pic of myself in that shirt before and after. HUGE difference.

Last edited by novangel; 09-03-2012 at 09:37 PM.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 208/133/120

Height: 5'1"

This is my favorite thread!

Here's my latest NSV:

I noticed recently that my stomach no longer touches the steering wheel while I'm driving. In fact, there's plenty of extra room, which is also probably much safer in terms of air bags deploying/accidents.
LucyRic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:08 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

This weekend, just in time for the end of summer, I was able to fit into a Hawaiian dress I bought on my honeymoon.
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote