Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-11-2012, 06:12 AM   #61  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Monday Morning WI 185.8 up .8 that's two weeks in a row of weight gain. Bluck. I'm not sure of my calories lately. Now I'm eating all the time, still low carbing, and definitely gluten-free. But I hardly moved all week once the mania was gone. This is my last week free of kids, summer is here and I never do well the first month of summer. Something about my peace being taken away really gets to me. Which is funny, because the first month of school, I want my kittens home with me, I hate school. I have weird separation anxiety with them. This year the therapist wants to work on those two issue while they are happening. What sux is it's coinciding with the coming down from mania which slips me into a natural funk in the first place (which is where I am now) and add that they have annoying friends this year...ugh, luckily DH isn't keeping a lot of food in the house. I need exercise! I'll do some today, don't know what kind, but I will....there made a vow, can't go back now.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!

Last edited by mamakat; 06-11-2012 at 06:12 AM.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:04 AM   #62  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Let's make it a great week!

I woke up feeling more bloated than I expected and the scale shows it this morning. I'm sure it has something to do with TTOM. My high weight for TTOM this month has been 148.4 and my low has been 147.2. That's a 1.2 pound range. That's not bad for me. I remember I used to gain 5-10 pounds during TTOM.

Calories for yesterday: 1355 +
Weigh In: 148.2 (TTOM)
Up: 1 pound

Mamakat Try to get outside and go for a nice brisk walk. I'm not sure about the weather there. Hopefully it will be a good day for it. Have a great one!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #63  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Mamakat - those pants made me laugh out loud! Way to go you!!!!

Diana - so funny you mention 5-10 pound gain for TTOM was what you used to experience. I gained 6 pounds over night! I wasn't peeing yesterday at all. The body is so strange sometimes! TTOM should start today.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #64  
Life is about balance

Berry I almost got rid of those pants, last summer. DH said, no save them and do before and after shots of the whole outfit. We have some shots of me looking stuffed into those pants, bending was impossible. I said last shot with these on right before DD took those recent shots. She reminded me, I've got another 50lbs to go and should save them for the real after. She laughed too. If you look down inside, my legs were so far away from the pant. I had to hold on for dear life to keep them up while outside. It's funny, when it's the after shot, but seriously I never knew I was that overweight. I really didn't ever "see" myself. What a difference...my after shots, I have eyes. I never notice my face was that big before...shocking. So glad I'm on the right path

How's the jobs going?
Old 06-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Happy Monday!

Hi everyone ! After a couple months off from posting, I've finally found my way back. Lots of personal life stuff going on, no time to post...which led to decision to maintain while away. I was successful for awhile, but the last month I gained. Portion control and healthy choices went by the wayside. Plus with traveling, it's hard to eat a good breakfast when all the hotels offer is crap.

Anyway, I'll do my best to catch up.
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #66  
Melissa

Mamakat: me too - NO CLUE I was so big. Like how can we not see it? I just would be forced to see it most of the time in photos, but somehow when I would see myself in the mirror I wouldn't. I would zone in on the eyes I guess - my eyes were my eyes. The rest was jut LOST.

I didn't realize my face wasn't round! I didn't realize a lot of things about my body - so strange!!!

Moondance - nice to see you and back on the wagon! Woohoo!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #67  
Trying to live below 200

Berry Hi Good to see you! Wow, six pounds! Hang in there. You will be in the bathroom for a while to get rid of that.

Moondance Hi Good to see you back!

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
NY Steak 400 calories
3 orders steamed broccoli 300 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 55 EZ w/weighted gloves
Old 06-12-2012, 06:13 AM   #68  
Life is about balance

Good Morning Everyone

Diana I took your advice and did my 5 mile circuit. I wish I could find shoes that didn't cause so many stinking blisters though. My feet are killing me now. I take Tues. off anyway (one activity a day, is all my brain can handle) and I bought some pad inserts for the balls of my feet, hoping that will help. I hate that you can't try on shoes for a walk and then buy

Moondance nice to see you.

Berry
I think the thing that shocked me the most is, I didn't see I had no chin and that my neck was that fat. I know a size 24 is obese, I didn't nee a mirror to tell me. But I never saw my neck until after I lost the weight. My drivers license shocks me now...how did I not see that. SInce having the kids my face has turned very square and this jawline amazes the heck out of me. I like seeing the result of hard work that's for sure.

Today is Tues. and after last week's fiasco, I'm not looking forward to it. I'll know to call DH sooner this time if I get stuck.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:50 AM   #69  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 148.0 (TTOM)
Down: .2

Mamakat Sending you good strength for today. I know you have had issues with your shoes for a while. Are your new shoes too big? Are your socks nylon? Those allow your foot to slip around and can give you blisters. I like cotton socks that have wicking. They allow the socks to dry faster. Have you been "fitted" for your shoes? We have shoe stores in town that help you find the correct shoe for your foot (pronation/supination, etc). This has made a huge difference for me. I used to have constant foot pain. All of this changed for me when I went to a specialty shoe store. Just some ideas for you to think about.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 232

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning! I am just starting back up and need to find the strength within me to keep it going this time around...

Yesterday I ate well all day, special K for breakfast, handful of raspberries for a snack, a spinach salad for lunch, greek yogurt for my next snack, and a turkey breast sandwich on whole grain bread for dinner. But then I had a late meeting, and got home at 9:45pm, and my family ordered pizza... so I had two slices, even though I wasn't even hungry. Today will be better. I even have my gym bag all packed and ready to go after I get out of work.

Positive thoughts and energy sent out to all of you!
bridget25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #71  
Trying to live below 200

bridget25 Hi and Welcome to the check-in. I think you did well. You are just starting out. Tweak each day and build on the positives.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #72  
Melissa

Huh... no TTOM yet. Should be here today. No chance of pregnancy, but my hormones are beginning to be more sporadic/less predictable - that middle age business.

Though, some of that water weight is coming down. 170.2 this morning... I had a gain this month though. I can deal with it. It was just WAY crazier than I realized it would be and balancing my time with a new job, even though it is a work from home job, was more difficult than I realized it would be.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Happy Tuesday!

Didn't do so well for my first day back in weight loss mode. Too many unusual temptations at work and home (I hate it when DD's bake goodies!). But today is a new day.

Mamakat: Sorry your feet are so sore. I like Diana's idea...hopefully the cost doesn't go too high with special shoes.

Berry: I know what you mean about the unpredictability of middle age. Frustrating! Love your numbers though...170!!!!!!!

Diana: I thought of you a week or two ago...I saw some new Rudi's products in the store and wondered how you were getting along. Oh, the other thing that made me think of you (cause you're the only one I know with a soy allergy) was when I noticed a small typed line on the front page of a newspaper...something to the effect of "printed with soy-based ink". I had no idea!

Bridget: Welcome to check-in!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #74  
Life is about balance

Bridget welcome to daily check in. Like Diana, I think you did great. Sometimes it's about baby steps and giving ourselves a thumbs up on what we did good, instead of focusing on what we did bad. DO more good and always cheer yourself on.

Diana My shoes are neither too tight or too big, at the moment and they're still new. I wear inserts (made special just for me ) because I have severe fallen arches. They end right where the balls begin and I don't know if it's the way I walk or that the inserts protect that part of my feet, but my balls and toes get major blisters and bruising. I did buy new socks yesterday, for the same purpose you mentioned. I also bought cushioning, if all else fails, I will have to break down and go get a better shoe (the ones I have now are Kmart brand). What I might need is a real walking shoe, not just something I think looks good

Moondance soy ink, huh? I can believe it. It's nice to give a disclaimer, a lot of people are allergic to the ink on the newspaper. I just found out through a scientist's husband, we aren't supposed to be allergic to poison ivy or sumac, it's actually not natural. I thought that was funny, because I'm not allergic, but get me near cut grass and achooo and itchies. Allergies are weird. No two are alike.

Berry glad to see some of that added water come down for you. 170's is very nice.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #75  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance View Post
Happy Tuesday!

Didn't do so well for my first day back in weight loss mode. Too many unusual temptations at work and home (I hate it when DD's bake goodies!). But today is a new day.
Getting back into it, for me at least, is always a tricky transition. I find that what works best for me is to switch to high protein and try try to weed out the carbs (which are the foods that get the cravings going). I still might too much for a day or two, but the cravings start to subside and then within a couple days, the overall eating is back in check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance View Post
Berry: I know what you mean about the unpredictability of middle age. Frustrating! Love your numbers though...170!!!!!!!
Girl 170 is the "don't cross over line". I was 164.6 last month at this time... I gained weight over the month, so I'm not happy with the 170, but all I can do is get things back (which I have) and do better this month.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 06-12-2012 at 12:43 PM.