Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #76  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Berry You are real close to your goal weight, so things are going to slow down. We are not even half way through the month. I'm sure you will have a loss. Do you have everything planned for your vacation? Did you buy some new shorts and swim suit?

Moondance Yes! Today is a new day. Keep trying! How did it go today? I have seen that soy print, too! Scary stuff! Still liking the Rudi's!

Mama I hope the new socks make a difference for you. There seems to be a difference in shoe brands for me. Asics seem to work the best for me. Unfortunately, they are very expensive. Good thing is that my feet don't hurt anymore.

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Sirloin 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories
White nectarines 100 calories

Exercise:
The Firm Super Body Sculpt Upper Body w/12's and 15's
KCM's 30 MTF TLC Coffey Fit Blend Premix w/weighted gloves
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #77  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Hi Everyone!

Berry You are real close to your goal weight, so things are going to slow down. We are not even half way through the month. I'm sure you will have a loss. Do you have everything planned for your vacation? Did you buy some new shorts and swim suit?
LOL - I meant my menstrual month. I lose by menstrual month - I'm about to enter the time of the month I never lose - like ever, so in the end, it will be Jul anyway before I start seeing any possible losses again.

Vacation is pretty much planned. I can hardly wait! We leave in a bit over a month, OMG! And yes, my entire wardrobe as new as I can't wear the 16s and 14s I wore last summer!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #78  
Trying to live below 200

Berry What kind of swimsuit did you get?
Old 06-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #79  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Berry What kind of swimsuit did you get?
Boring ones - I have three actually. Two tankinis for every day (we need two for vacation a I refuse to wear a wet suit if we do early day and later day swimming). and then a third is a one piece more for fitness swimming. All of them I got at Marshall's for like $25 and all of them have Dcups in them that are GENEROUS D-cups.

Oh, I also picked up a SUPER cheap DD cup bikini, but I won't wear it this year at least. But to find one that looked halfway decent for under $20, I wasn't going to pass it up. This was after spending about $200 on pricier suits that didn't work out at all - in the end I spent $100 on four suits. I've worn all three several times already, actually.

Did you find a suit for this year? Or are you wearing the same this year as last year - and doesn't that have to feel great to be in the same small size!

Oh, that is a question I have - are you the same size? or have you found your body still shifting sizes/shape as your skin shrinks more or muscle changes, etc?
Old 06-13-2012, 07:32 AM   #80  

Hi everybody

Had a few not so good days when I got off track -- but today has been much better. Got up this morning and went to gym so was off to a good start.
Food was pretty good too.
Hoping for the same tomorrow. Pretty tired now after my early start to the day yesterday.
Hope all is well with everybody. Hoping everybody has a good day.
CyberCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #81  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

We are half way to the weekend!

TTOM is still hanging on for me. Yesterday was day 10. We'll see how today goes.

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 147.6 (TTOM)
Down: .4

Berry I'm glad you were able to find some swimsuits that you like. I am still in the same size as last year. That in itself feels great. In the past, I have always had to buy new clothes due to weight gain. I'm not sure if I will be swimming this year because of my Mom. I swim when we travel, so it might not work out this year. If I go swimming, I will wear the same one as last year. I tried on a tankini for the fun of it last month. I felt . . . nekkid! How can you feel more nekkid in a tankini than in a bikini? I think it was due to how low it was cut and the little strings, etc.

CyberCrystal I'm glad it was a better day for you. Keep working your plan and build on the positives.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Wednesday!
Eating was a little better yesterday. I forget how those "little" calories add up so fast! Going to do better today. Plus...I finally hired that personal trainer. I'm going to do 30 minute sessions, 10 of them. First one today. I'm only half-excited. I HATE exercising. Hopefully he can bring some fun to it for me.

Diana: Hi! Hope TTOM finishes up for you!

Berry: Thanks for the tip on weeding out carbs. I think that will help me too. Sorry you're not losing as fast as you want to. Those fluctuations can be demoralizing. Kudos to you for sticking with it, recognizing your pattern, and working with it! I'm sure you've talked about it before, but where are you going on vacation?

Crystal: Good job getting to the gym today. See...today is already looking up!

Mamakat: Hope those blisters are better. It can be hard to find footwear that works. If I were you, I'd look at an actual walking shoe. It'll off support that a regular "tennis shoe" doesn't. Regardless...great job walking. I still think of that video you posted and how far you've come!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #83  
Melissa

I think I'm having an anovulatory cycle. TTOM should have arrived by now and it hasn't. There's like zero chance of pregnancy either, so I'm not worried about that possibility.

I used to know PRECISELY, now the last few months - not so much... Scale keeps coming down. Today it was 169.0 on the nose.... 4.4 pounds to get back down to my all time low. That doesn't sound so horrible.

I've been working in my yard a lot. Hubby helped me with the stones as that was a two person job. Today I filled inbetween the rocks and later, after working a bit (which means I need to go get cleaned up in a sec) I'll start planting FINALLY...

Here we are:

I kind of like I can only see my body and not my face... Honestly, I wouldn't recognize that as my body... and that's with a 4 pound gain. I 'think' you can tell I'm not really overweight any more. Or am I being delusional? Hubby beside me is 6'1" and 175. He has a fairly small build (especially upper body)...

I blogged about it yesterday, but I'm still not used to this body and I've been within 10 pounds of this weight for 6 months, so you would think I would be by now!

OK.... off to shower!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #84  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I forgot to mention that tonight was my appointment for my haircut/color. We also went to the Japanese restaurant. I really enjoyed it! Although, I know I will have to deal with the sodium reaction and/or allergy from the soy.

Moondance I'm glad to hear that yesterday was better for you. Let us know how it goes with the trainer. Might be fun.

Berry You look awesome! Thank you so much for sharing your pictures and showing your progress. I still can't relate to how my body looks. Everything is still weird for me. I really have issues when I dress up or when I wear cute Summer clothes. I am getting use to the way I look in jeans and T-shirts.

Total Approx 1570 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
Fried Rice 400 calories
Beef Teriyaki 400 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 30 w/weighted gloves
Old 06-14-2012, 07:10 AM   #85  
Melissa

Diana - I was thinking of you and soy the other day - my italian herb/spice mix I sometimes use in marinades has soy listed as the last ingredient. It is freaking everywhere! If I thought corn was everywhere, I think soy tops it. Staying away from it would be near impossible!

Scale keeps creeping down at 168.6 today - little by little. Still no AF. So weird and I'm not too happy to be having a missed/late period. I know 42 is in the age range of menopause and perimenopause can last for a decade, but my mom started and ended menopause when she was 42. I'm not ready for that!!!! It's too young! I'm done with having babies - but I'm thinking about bone health.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 06-14-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:24 AM   #86  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Ack! Things have turned ugly! I have been having a little allergic reaction all week/last weekend. My lips and mouth have been reacting and I have been taking Benadryl. Last Friday DH wanted to go somewhere "different" to eat. How many times have I said "different" is not good for me? But I understand that he gets tired of going to the same places all the time. But anyways, I have that going on, TTOM hung around yesterday, and last night we ate at the Japanese restaurant. Hopefully I will start dropping some water weight, even if it's only from TTOM.

Calories for yesterday: 1570 +
Weigh In: 149.4 (TTOM yesterday, hopefully gone today)
Up: 1.8 pounds

Berry The soy thing is insane! My reactions have improved since I have eliminated so much of it, but I still have minor things going on here and there. Also, it's not just a soy thing, I think legumes in general are a problem. But as you know, I tested negative, so I don't know for sure. I have tried to avoid all legumes, too. Most products contain a "gum" as a stabilizer/thickener. It's a PITA! I know a lot of women who have been through menopause early and don't have bone issues. Yesterday was day 11 of TTOM. I am so ready for it to be over. I eat very healthy, but having TTOM for that long still drains the body. (I guess that was a bad way to put it but you know what I mean). I start feeling very fatigued. Even the PMS anxiety, in itself, is very taxing. I am ready to be over this thing. Thirty two + years of this mess is enough.

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-14-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #87  
Melissa

Diana - yes having TTOM for 11 days would really stink. Mine last for 4 days (have gotten shorter), but it's heavy for 2 days and I run a little anemic... It's a little nerve wracking not knowing if/when it's going to start though!

Hope the allergic reaction gets better - and yes, avoiding all legumes would be difficult, but especially soy.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:53 AM   #88  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Morning Everyone,

Talking about all the menopause, I'm starting to think I might be joining the ranks. I had the hysterectomy 2 years ago (leaving in the ovaries to prolong menopause) but now I get sweats and chills. At first I was saying it's my body efficiency of burning unneeded calories since I must have boosted my metabolism with diet and exercise I'll talk myself into believing anything. But I'm at the right age and I don't have a uterus, so it's only logical. Lucky for me, I'm not one to dwell on the women or lack of women issues that comes with menopause as I've been dealing with that for years.

Diana Maybe an iron pill for a week, I used to get very anemic, but then I had 3-6month periods. My hematologist insists on B-complex too and I gotta say that vitamin is probably the only one I try never to miss. I notice a difference when not taking it. But we're all different.

What kind of new restaurant did you go to? We hardly ever go out now.

Berry You look amazing in that picture. I'm going through the opposite right now. I am looking at me in my new size 12's and feeling fatter than size 16's. I rolled right through 14's. I was feeling icky all day yesterday, pudgy and bluck. This morning I tossed on my old road working orange t-shirt and jeans to drive son in and when I got home the neighbor across the street shouted "you look great". That helped a lot. I was getting completely depressed....who lifted those stones, they're huge!

Moondance The blisters are gone, but the bruising is still there. I think it's time for real walking shoes. I saw Nike had some neon orange shoes...now I'm wondering are there any normal colors around? I love shoes, but sneakers are just no fun to shop for anymore. Hope you have a great on plan day.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Happy Thursday!

Personal training was interesting. A lot of what he did was test me (how many crunches, how long can I plank, how many butt lifts, etc.). But it was a solid 40 min of exercise. No rest between, which is what I would do if it were me by myself. He's going to help me focus on core strength and overall toning. I'm on my own for cardio (I don't want to pay him to watch me on the treadmill). So I'm reserving judgement if it's money well spent until we've met 3 or 4 times. Felt good to exercise...I just hate doing it. I DID like having someone to talk to while I worked out though!

Food intake was great yesterday. Even with all I ate, I was barely over my limit before the exercise. With it, I was 200 cals under. I call that a success! I was going to go out and walk today, but the smoke in the air from the fire has made the air quality too bad. Maybe tomorrow.

Mamakat: Shopping for good tennies sounds like a necessity now. Go for some bold colors! Do you still take a B-Complex vitamin? I'm not one for taking vitamins, but I do remember that one was helpful when I did take it regularly. Perhaps I should start again...

Diana: I'm sorry your allergy is flaring up again. These kinds of reactions sure would take the fun out of trying new restaurants. My husband is a routine guy. In Steamboat, we would go to the same restaurant time and time again. Finally I talked him into trying a new place. I'm sure we'll go to the new place again and again before I can convince him to try another. Hope things settle down soon!

Berry: Wow! That pic is amazing! You look great!! You have a lovely yard, too. Having been overweight for many, many years, I think it's going to take a long time to marry the reality of my body to the image in my head too. I'm sure you'll eventually get there. As for menopause...I asked my Dr. about it the last time I was in. She said a definition of peri-menopause is skippped/missed periods whereas menopause is the absence of periods. There are other things too...night sweats, hot flashes, changes in the consistency of discharge (both during menstruation and not), mood swings, etc. that indicate Peri. Aren't we in store for some fun!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 140/135.8/120

Height: 5'6"

Default Goals

June 14

Just registered today. Gained 20 pounds in a year and I'm struggling with bulimia. Very frustrating but not losing hope yet. I weigh 140 and would love to be 120 again. Realistic? Maybe. Well, my goal is to lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks with healthy eating and waking myself up before work for exercising. Wish me luck as I do all of you
Salgal is offline   Reply With Quote