Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #16  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

I used to be like that more. If I had bad food in the house I'd eat it all before I started my diet. For some reason I wouldn't throw it out, oh no, I had to eat it. This diet never really started either. It was like anything else "oh next week". It doesn't work.

If possible I'd avoid having bad food in the house and make sure you always have lots of healthy options so you don't get bored. Good luck
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #17  
Long Hauling It

S/C/G: 365/208/190

Height: 6' 3"

Sounds like two different things to me. For the procrastination, call yourself out. Develop the habit of asking yourself, "why am I not doing it today?".

For the eating a ton once you start eating badly, remind yourself that "relapses" happen and it's not devastating to eat wrong. It's not all or nothing. Good luck.
shapedself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #18  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

For me it came down to stopping the excuses, and the first step to that was admitting my "reasons", justifications, and rationalizations were nothing more than excuses. This time I started on a Wednesday because I didn't want to give myself that extra few days to find another excuse to not start on Monday. This is not to say I'm perfect, because I catch myself making excuses still.

Weigh yourself, take pictures, take measurements. For me, having it all there in my face, no denying it, was a real wake up call. It made it so there were really no excuses I could even make anymore. As much accountability as possible has helped me a ton! However that looks for you, do it! For me, I blog about it, I talk to people about it, I put it out there as much as I can, it really keeps me from backsliding even on days I have absolutely no motivation. I'll get a random text from a friend saying I've motivated them to workout, or eat better, and it'll come at a time I was pondering not working out, or going to McDonald's for a 1500 calorie dinner.

For me I have to be all in, and at the begining it took a lot of force, and it isn't easy. I don't know if, as a whole, it's ever easy. But I have more and more good days as the weeks go on.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/220/130

Height: 5'3

Well thank you so much for that! You're right, it is nothing but excuses. I also haven't really tried to stick to a diet for the past three years. I even tried...HCG...but I did it for about 5 days and was STARVING the whole time. Go figure.

I want to get to a point where I love exercising again. I know this is sort of an excuse but I'm excited to move to Texas. I live in Oregon now and it's constantly raining so that is a real damper on my exercise plans!

Thank you guys for all your support
Murrishmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/220/130

Height: 5'3

I think this whole pattern started when I had a slight eating disorder in my teens. I spent so many years denying myself that in my mid-twenties I started having these cheat days where I could eat whatever I wanted. Well the cheat days started turning into cheat weeks. Now they've been cheat years. I've never had trouble losing weight before when it was 5 or 10 pounds. But the 100 pounds is really daunting to me.
Murrishmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

The advice in this thread is great, I used to have real trouble with binging and I'd end up writing off the whole day as a failure. I think it was something I learned on here though, that if I binged or overate,anything-To get straight back on track. Not tomorrow, or next week, or later that day but now!

It's probably one of the best things I've learned regarding healthy eating.
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote