Old 01-07-2008, 07:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Smile Weekly Chat Jan 7 - Jan 15

After a couple of week hiatus I’m back. For the first time since I changed my life in May 2006 I decided I needed to take a little bit of time off. I needed to focus my energy one something other then weight loss. I needed not to not obsess over every piece of food I put in my mouth and just pretend to be normal. I say pretend because as much as I tried I still thought about it and realized that weight loss and eating healthy will never be out of my mind. I realized when I am “thin” that I will still obsess, not to become thinner, but not to relapse.

Ok sorry about the rant but I felt the need to explain my absents. What does everyone have planned for the week? Anyone else starting a new semester at school? I am, I’m excited because my schedule has me off earlier this semester so I think I can start midday workouts. The gym at my apartment just got all new equipment … I am most excited about the bikes with seats so they are better for your back. I’m also excited about the individual TVs!!!
I hope everyone had a good weekend!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

hey remember! I understand what you mean. It's easy to end up focusing more on food and exercise than everything else. It's good to see you back, though!
I started the Sonoma Diet again today. I fell off way before Thanksgiving but I'm going to try it again. Over the holidays I went back up to my start weight. Grrr... But last week I made it down 3lbs! We'll see how it goes this week.
That's great about the new equipment! It makes it so much nicer to work out if the machines are efficient.
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:56 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Remember: Wow, that's awesome about the gym in your building!! I wish I had something that convenient. And yeah, I think about that sometimes too -- this is never going to end. You're always going to be conscious of what you're eating, how much, how it makes you feel, etc. I think for most people it never becomes second nature. I think I'm one of those people too.

HappyMomma: WTG on the 3 pounds!! That's awesome, keep at it!

I'm still happy and totally OP... we did a big grocery shop on Saturday so we have lots of yummy things to cook. I have this cookbook that I adore and last night we made a sausage and wild rice casserole from it... So good, and about 330 cals per serving. I've loved every recipe in that book, it's gotta be the best investment I've ever made for my kitchen!

DH is finally at a point with his dissertation (near the end) that he feels he can start looking for/applying for jobs... before it was too much of a distraction. There are quite a few opportunities for him in the general VA/MD area, which is where we'd like to stay due to family, so I'm excited... It'll be so nice to finally be a dual income household, my little just-graduated salary is just barely enough for us with no wiggle room. So that's good.

Well, best get to work. Have a good day everyone.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:26 AM   #4  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!

remember - i missed you girl!!! it's good to see you back!! hang in there, you know someone has a ticker on here that says, "skinny people have problems too"...my best friend is slim and and she is constantly having men troubles...sometimes i think, "girl that is the least of my worries right now"...finding a man to her is just as important as losing weight is to me...ahh well everyone has problems...it's GREAT to see you back...

happy - congrats on the 5lb loss...keep it up!!!

suitejudy - good for you for staying on plan!!! and good luck to dh...i hope he gets the job he's really looking for...

as for me...i stayed on plan all weekend and even managed 30 min on my mini tramp on sat and sun...yipeee for me...i was planning on getting up early this morning and putting in 30 but that didn't work out to well so i will most def be doing it tonight...still have yet to get on the scale...TOM is coming sometime this week so it will be next week before i get back on the scale...

something i learned in 2007 is that my body tends to gain weight when i eat sugar and bread...SBD is really the easiest diet for me...i don't eat STRICTLY according to plan because i have the occasional cup of oj in the morning but other than that it's SBD legal foods for me...my biggest problem is falling off the wagon...i'll fall off and stay off for about a week and ruin everything i just acomplsd in the last week...sorry for the rant...now that i've said it i feel much better...

have a great day!!!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:52 AM   #5  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning all...

Got on the scale this morning for my first weigh-in... I lost 2.5 lbs. I was hoping for a bigger loss, but I know I should be happy with that. Plus, I haven't been really careful about keeping my calories under 2000 a day, and I had one binge day that I took in 3000 cals. So my goals for the upcoming week are... cals under 1800/day, and walking at least 6/7 days a week.
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:20 AM   #6  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday ladies...

I hope that everyones weekend was productive. It was pretty nice here after a long cold spell so the kids were pretty excited that they got to finally ride there new bikes.

Scale was down .4 lb this week which really surprised me since eating this week was a bust for the most part. It really kind of made me understand what a big role exercise plays with me. I ate pretty much whatever I wanted, but still exercised my 30 min every night and had a small loss. So looks like exercise is important after all not just something to torture us with - lol!

remember - I am glad you are back...we missed you!

happymomma - good luck on the Sonoma Diet and 3lbs that is awesome!

suitejudy - I wish I liked to cook as much as I like to eat - hehe. Good luck to your DH I hope that he finds the perfect job and quickly.

jana - great job staying on plan all weekend. I was thinking about one of those mini trampolines. Are they fun? We have a big one for the kids and we all love jumping on it.

misschris - great job on the 2.5lb loss.

My sons first basketball game is tonight and so I got to get in gear so that I can get out of here early.

Have a great day everyone.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:38 AM   #7  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

Well... I went on a major holiday hiatus... and I hope that I am back for good. I did OK. Didn't really think too much about what I ate, but stayed as active as possible. (spent much of the holiday driving and flying with DB.) I AM BACK ON TRACK! DB got me an Ipod and I needed new sneakers, so I bought the Nike plus and the little chip that tracks your times/distances/calories... I LOVE IT! Unfortunately, I still have to calibrate it... I thought I did a 5k in under 40 minutes last week (which is good for me... I'm not really a runner.) But, it wasn't calibrated... I only did 2.66 mi. So, today I am going to calibrate it and then, my new goal is to run a 5k... by running the whole time (I alternate between running and walking.) I guess I need to set a date to reach that goal, but I'm not sure how much time to allow myself to get there????

I hope that everyone had a very nice holiday season.
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #8  

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies! You all seemed to have little victories this past week and weekend so congrats to all of you. Remember, thanks for starting a new NSV thread.

Last week was a *very* on plan week for me. I had one binge and that was last night around dinner time. However, I still ended up with 1670 calories on the day. I have a very strict deadline of my wedding day to get to my goal weight so I have very little wiggle room. I still have doubts in my head that I can be 130 by my wedding even though I know it's a completely reasonable goal. I just hear so much about how hard those last few pounds are to lose which has gotten me incredibly nervous. More than anything, though, I just want to look good in a bikini. And, that's another thing. . . I was reading on the maintenance board a woman at my height at a lower weight and she was talking about how she still didn't look good in a bikini. Uuuugh.

I think today is anxiety day, haha.

I've posted a couple extra yummy recipes on the entrees receipe board. In our effort to save up for a down payment we cut out ALL outside eating. So, I've been doing a lot of cooking lately and have been sharing the really good recipes here. Let me know if you try any.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:14 PM   #9  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberelise View Post
More than anything, though, I just want to look good in a bikini. And, that's another thing. . . I was reading on the maintenance board a woman at my height at a lower weight and she was talking about how she still didn't look good in a bikini. Uuuugh.

I wouldn't worry about that too much...just being the same height doesn't mean anything. You need to consider bone structure and especially muscle tone! I'm about the same height as you and I look fine at around 135-140 (and look anorexic at 130). I'm already feeling way better about myself since I've started doing weights and crazy intense ab workouts. I'm sure you'll be looking great for your wedding

Last edited by yesitsmeagain; 01-07-2008 at 12:15 PM.
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone! Last week wasn't so bad. I stayed under 1800 calories all week except for Sunday and I only went over about 100 calories. My weigh-in day is tomorrow...I'm looking forward to it. My avg. amt. of calories for the week was 1519. I really don't think that is bad at all for someone just starting out. Anyway, back to work this morning and back on track with eating.

Remember: Glad to see you back. I never thought about how much I think about food and how much it rules my life until trying to track everything and start losing weight. I can see how it could get tiring.

Happy: Congrats on the 3 pounds!!

suitejudyblueeyes: I've been looking at cookbooks lately. I would really like to find one that has recipes that are always good.

Jana: Good job with staying on track over the weekend. Don't sweat the downfall...just get back up and keep moving.

Christine: Congrats on the 2.5lbs lost!! That is great! Yes, you should be happy. 2.5 is a very healthy rate.

lovinlifex2: .4 IS something! Good job for keeping your exercising up, even though you didn't stay on track with the food.

hope2loseit4good: Alright! New stuff!! Those shoes sound cool...I've never heard of them before and my husband is a manager of a shoe store. I LOVE my mp3 player!

Amberelise: Congrats for staying on plan! When is your wedding again?

Last edited by sgregg; 01-07-2008 at 01:14 PM.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Happy Monday ladies! I got up and met my trainer at the gym at 5:45 this morning (I am SOOOO not a morning person). I have no idea what made me think that 5:45am on a monday was a good time to work out. He kicked up my strength training circut by adding cardio sprints in between every strength excerise. I was about ready to strangle him with my towel by the end of the session. But I loved it none the less.

I went horseback riding for the first time in 4 years on Saturday. I used to be a competive show jumper but quit do to serious knee problems and other reasons. I did 30 or 40 mins and man I hurt today (used to be able to do 2 or 3 hours)!!!! I'd forgotten about those riding muscles! I'm going out again on sunday. I'm super excited.

I stayed under 1,600 calories all week last week, which was awesome I also made it to the gym twice a day all last week. I'm feeling great. Hope everyone else is too.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:42 PM   #12  
Losing Weight in 2008

S/C/G: 160/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies! Sounds like everyone is doing fan-friggin-tastic, which always puts a smile on my face! I am stressin'! Today is my first day of classes, they're all online and it's already overwhelming. I CAN DO THIS! I've been totally on target with my workouts and eating, so I'm hoping to see a nice loss. Plus last week was TOM so maybe the water weight affected it last week. Anywho, have a good week this week!

remember Welcome back! I'm new, but I've been posting like crazy!

HappyMomma Congrats on 3 lb.! That's awesome! You'll make it to goal by March!

suitejudy What cookbook is that? I need to check it out! Good luck to DH on the job hunt! I'm sure he'll do fine.

Jana Our bodies both hate bad carbs! I'm doing WW, but still sticking to whole grains. Good luck with SBD and keep posting, because I'm starting to look for a change and maybe SBD is the way to go.

Christine 2 lbs? That's great! You're doing so good with walking too! I have weeks where I thought I was doing good and actually gained, so you're doing fine!

lovinlife Exercise does help a lot! I underestimated the power of exercise, but it almost always makes a difference for me in the numbers on the scale.

Hope Welcome back and those are some awesome shoes!

Amber I have faith that you'll get to 130 by your wedding day AND with all that pilates you do, you'll look slammin' in your bikini! EveryBODY is different.

Shauna I bet your weigh in will be amazing with your low cal counts and all those suicides you did last week!

Shantroy I used to go horseback riding when I was a little girl and absolutely loved it. I miss it! I'm jealous! I can barely make it to they gym once a day, twice a day is amazing!
Sharron616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:50 PM   #13  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Hello ladiiiess... This weekend was kind of a bust for me. Some positives, but mostly negatives. I came home for the baby shower, and being out of my element makes it hard(er) to make good choices. Same as always. It is something I need to get control of, and I get a chance next weekend because I'm going to see my bf. He's said he'll eat whatever I eat, and he wants to go running. Besides my mom, nobody here really has that kind of dedication to my weight loss efforts. Anyway, I think that will be a baby-step, as opposed to jumping head first into ice cream-cake territory of a baby shower.

I'm excited about having a full week without events for like the first time in months. However, I'll be pmsing this week so... if its not one thing, its another. I guess thats why its important to make lifestyle changes, and not just diet changes. I want to set myself up for success.

Thats why I'm going back home-home tonight so that I can get up early enough to make it to Turbo kickboxing tonight, and make food for the next few days.

Remember- Welcome back! I'm a recent returner myself. New gym equipment is exciting! My old gym had the tvs on each machine and that was a great way to "waste" time working out.

Happy- I haven't heard much about the Sanoma diet but good luck! Side note, the little crying face in your signature almost made me too. Maybe its just hormones, but my bf got recalled (after his four years) this past fall and I was a wreck for weeks. He's in the middle of an appeal processes, but we still don't know for sure if he'll have to go back or not. I know it must be tough counting down the time.

Suite- That is exciting about the dual-income. I don't think two people could make it on my just-graduated salary.

Jana- I have to learn to get back on the wagon sooner too. Like.. an hour off instead of a whole weekend off. I think my main motivation to get back on is that I feel soooo bad when I don't eat right and exercise.

MissChris
- 2.5 is a great loss!! So if you have some slip ups and still lose 2.5, I think thats great. Good motivation for me.

lovinlife- Congrats on your loss! I like seeing proof that exercise works!

Hope2Lose- OoOOh.. I've looked at those ipod/nike things, but I wasn't sure if I was hardcore enough to get one. Good luck with the 5k! I wish I could give some advice on a timeline, but I'm not much of a runner, so when I trained to do it, it took a few months.

Amberelise- I wouldn't worry about other people at your height/goal weight and how they look. Everyone is different, and everyone's perception of themselves is different. She may not think she looks good, but everyone else might, ya know? I'm going to take a look at your recipes you've posted. I've started trying to cook all my meals to cut out all the bad stuff and save money, so I need some good ideas.

sgregg- Looking forward to a weigh-in? Thats not something you hear everyday, but thats great!

shantroy - Wow, thats super early. A great way to start your week though, I bet. Hope this week is as good as your last!

sharron - Good luck with classes! You CAN do it

Last edited by WastedThermos; 01-07-2008 at 02:52 PM.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #14  

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the cheer up, ladies. It really does help. I haven't been 130 since my sophomore year of high school so I have it stuck in my head that I'll never actually reach the goal. Then again, I never thought I'd be below 145 either, and here I am!

Lizzie, you're right. During the holidays is a major pita because everything is out of routine. I was thinking the same thing for January. At last I can get back into routine! When Dr. Roizen spoke at my work a couple months ago he suggested having the same foods on hand every day. If you get into the routine of eating the same things every day you'll stick to your "diet" better. And, he's right. We cycle about a dozen different dinners in and out of our weekly menus. We try to add 2 new recipes each week and if they're good enough they'll replace one or we just add it to the cycle. It's tough work to make it into the cycle, though. Last week BOTH new recipes earned a spot in the cycle. I digress. I've found it SO EASY to pack my lunches for work because I've set myself with 5 rotating options unless I have leftovers from the night before. The same goes for breakfast. I have 3 or 4 rotating options. I also have a list of snacks to choose from and those are my staples: yogurt, string cheese, fruit cup in light syrup, luna bars, cottage cheese, low-fat pudding, vita tops, or a piece of fruit. Being back in routine with my routine foods making "dieting" something that is more of an accident. I don't buy anything else and am not used to eating anything else so I just eat the good stuff.

My wedding is May 30th. Like I said, I have time to hit goal, but I'm just worried that the last 5 pounds are going to kill me. The scale barely moved through all of November & December which is what has me worried, but then again, I wasn't very dedicated either of those months. Eye on the prize, baby!
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #15  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks for everyone's responses! I don't know what I would do without you guys! :hugs:
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote