Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 07:39 PM   #16  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey Jloubug! I like the mini challenges too it helps to think in smaller numbers, doesn't make it seem so big. Good Luck and welcome. We can do this together!
Old 02-25-2003, 10:29 PM   #17  

Default Thanks :)

Thanks Paula ! I was watching a home video from 2000 New Year's Eve party and I was in shock to see how big I was. IT was pouring rain tonight and I was going to miss tonight's workout ,but after seeing this video I went to the gym with thunder and lightning! lol

Angie, we just signed the blue prints(approval) so they can start building by mid March or the end of march. It will take 4 months to complete so I'm looking forward to move during Summer Vacation!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well

night,Gen
Old 02-26-2003, 09:36 AM   #18  

Default JOIN

Hello everyone,
Well, I know all of you by reading about you for months and months. It is time for me to join this great bunch of gals and get serious again. It is still very cold here and lots of snow so I am going to have to motivated to exercise this month. I know some of you will recognize my name because I have sent a few personal messages. I will try for 5# loss this month..... starting at 192....gasp! I think this has been a great tool for so many and for Gennel to maintain is such a great effort of kindness on her part! Guess it is time to jump on the wagon!!!
Roseblush
Old 02-26-2003, 10:58 AM   #19  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Welcome Roseblush!! The more the merrier. I live where there is snow and cold too. It makes it more difficult to stay motivated but we had 2 days last week that were in the 40's and it was like heaven. Made me remember that spring will be here soon. Good Luck! We will all be here for any support that you may need.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:21 AM   #20  

I am not starting this challenge off very good. I started working out again. (only cardio though) I got on the scale this morning and it was up 2 lbs. Now I have to lose 4 for this challenge. AAGGHH!
I think it may have to do with the sushi we ate last night for dinner. I must have had to many carbs.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:11 PM   #21  

Post How's Everybody?

Just checking in with everybody! I guess my day is going good! My pants yesterday and the ones I have on today are getting loose!!! YES!!

I got my outside walk in yesterday, I hate to tell all of you snow bound folks, but our temps have been in the 70's the past few days and the weather has been WONDERFUL!!!!!

Sorry!! But anyway I walked a half mile outside last night!! It was GREAT!! And got up this morning and did my WATP 1 mile tape before work!!

Gen, I noticed you are in Florida, I am in South Georgia! About 50 miles north of Tallahassee!! What part are you, if you don't mind me asking!!

I had fun with these colors, sorry I got carried away!!
Welcome Roseblush! I am new here, too!

Paula
Old 02-26-2003, 02:12 PM   #22  

Welcome to the newcomers! It is always nice to see some new faces I am doing ok so far this week. I am really anxious to lose this 5lbs then I will have 5lbs more till goal. It is pretty easy for me to stay at goal weight as long as i get 3-4 workouts in a week and maintain a fairly healthy eating program. I had a rough year last year..moved out of my parents house, ended a 5 year relationship, started a new job...my workout program was neglected and I comforted myself with burgers, chocolate and mochas and gained about 25lbs. I have hypothyroidism and I think that may make it a bit more difficult to lose weight. Does anyone else have this ailment?
Old 02-26-2003, 02:37 PM   #23  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Roseblush and Jloubug. There's always room for more on this weight loss wagon. The more eyes and ears watching, the more my conscience speaks to me when I'm making food choices. Thanks everyone.

I started off this challenge with dinner at a fancy restaurant last night. The food was great and I managed not to eat everything on my plate but took half of it home to enjoy for lunch today. I did do dessert but didn't eat the whole thing. Ahh, baby steps. I like what Madcat says, 'it's not a diet, it's just my life' . Yes, I agree wholeheartedly.

Kempy, if it's not muscle weight, then it's probably water. As long as you're working out I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Clarita you've been through many rough spots and it sounds like you've handled it very well. Wow, only 10 more lbs to goal, that's great. I have a good friend who has a thyroid problem and she does say that her weight loss is much slower since being diagnosed. Just take it one day at a time. The slower it comes off the more likely it is to stay off, I think.

Paula, you sound so motivated. I love it, it inspires me to keep going.

Everyone else, hope you have a great day and I'll check back later.
Old 02-26-2003, 06:32 PM   #24  

Well, last challenge I signed on for 6 and lost 2. This time I'm signing on for 6 and I'm going to lose 6!! Actually, I've already lost 2 from this Sunday. Was that when this challenge was to start? I've been doing very well this week with my eating. My dr started me on an anti-anxiety medication a couple of weeks ago and I've read that that can help. I'm on one that they use to help people stop smoking and it's supposed to work on the part of your brain that deals with addictions. It is seeming to take the edge off of my desire to eat 24/7. Not a miracle drug, but I think it's helping me some. What a nice side effect, huh? I kinda feel like a big cheat but, oh well. My total that I needed to lose was 63 pounds, I don't know how you lost that in three months Gennel!! I've been at this for 5 and I've only lost 38 pounds. AARRGGHH!! I see that we've got a lot of new people, hello and welcome. I had to go back through my journal to see where I started the last challenge at so I'm putting it in here this time. I started this challenge on 2/23/03 at 173. I'm aiming to be 167 by the time we finish. Hve a great one everybody!! TTFN,
Old 02-26-2003, 06:59 PM   #25  

Thanks for the welcome!
I sort of blew it last night at cards, but I'm going to call it dinner. Nothing too extreme, moderation right?!! I mean, if I can't eat some of my favorite things, I couldn't do this.
When I got on the scale this morning, I was pleased. I weigh myself almost on a daily basis now. I gained weight when I didn't weigh myself for months! Yes, the clothes did get tighter, but with the season change came some different clothes, and then when I went back... well, I couldn't for some. I kept them though, and I'm going to wear them again, this I pledge!
Spring is almost here!
Jen
Old 02-27-2003, 09:00 AM   #26  

Hello there. I am still not getting e-mails when someone posts even though I'm subscribed to this thread and the e-mail notification box is checked. Oh well. I'll just have to check in periodically.
I started my new job yesterday. I have to go into Seattle for a month or so until they open their shop closer to home. It's 54 miles roundtrip and the parking fees are outrageous, so I've decided to ride the bus in. It takes a bit more time, but I can get a monthly pass for the same amount as I'd pay for a week and a half of parking, not to mention gas and wear on my car.
I sure got my walking in yesterday. I decided to get off a couple of stops early, just for the purpose of walking. Then I found out I got a full hour for lunch, so I walked for about 25 minutes. After all that, I had gotten my bus info from the internet and it was WRONG. So when I tried to catch my bus home, I missed it by five minutes. I could have waited another 35 minutes for the next bus, but I decided, instead, to walk the 3 miles to the bus tunnel and catch a bus home from there.
Guess I'd better start getting ready for work. Catch up later.

Jen
Old 02-27-2003, 09:12 AM   #27  

Angry Good Morning!

How is everybody doing? Just checking in!!

I am sooo excited about this challenge! I want this 8 lbs off here!! I think I have finally come to the realization that there is no magic cure That the only way I an do this is to work at it

Here's wishing everyone a great OP day!

Thanks again for the welcome!!

Paula
Old 02-27-2003, 09:37 AM   #28  

Default Laney! Noway!

Noway! I didnt lose 64/65 lbs in 3 months! I've maintained it off over three months now. IT actiually took me about 8 months to lose that weight. I read your post and wondered to myself " Who lost 64 lbs in three months!?"

Clarita , I agree about the maintaining part. As long as I get 4-5 days workout I have maintained it off pretty well and I do get to eat whatever I want on the weekends.

Well I better run, have guests staying over and we have to go out .
ttyl!
Gen
Old 02-27-2003, 02:51 PM   #29  

Duh, I read it wrong. Here I was thinking that I must be a compete slacker! I'm such a dork. I didn't hit the treadmill today because my legs are pretty sore from yesterday and Tues. But, Dh and I went to the mall and did three laps around before we slowed down to do some window shopping. I don't feel quite so bad! My diet's been pretty good except I bought the kids some Reese's Pieces, which happen to be MY favorite candy!! Boy was that a mistake. Someone is going to eat the rest of them tonight and it's not going to be me!! I want them out of the house. I have to remember to buy them treats that aren't my favorites. I didn't even think about it when I bought them. Have a great one,
Old 02-27-2003, 03:16 PM   #30  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Serina, 38 lbs in 5 mos is great progress. It's not a race after all, just a road to better health. I've been doing this for 4 mos and am down 32, so sounds like you and me are doing this at our pace.

Jen519, 54 miles R/T . That's more than half the distance if I drove all around the island here! I have a 3 mi. R/T commute to work. I love it. Great job on the walking though.

JLoubug (another Jen), ah, a fellow scale worshipper , just like me. It's such a nasty habit but I'm addicted. Ever try the pants-o-meter? I've got a mini-goal size 14 Levi's hanging on the closet door. I think another 10-15 lbs should do it. (crossing my fingers). Women's clothing manufacturers' should be shot! A size should be standard, not vary from brand to brand. It's infuriating, I tell ya!

Well, gotta get back to work.

See ya!
~~Noelle~~
Closed Thread