Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 08:15 AM   #76  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I am back to pre bloat weight with no thoughts of messing up so hopefully I am on my way down AGAIN.

I was chatting with a woman on another thread who had the tummy tuck and butt lift surgery. I am going to seroiusly consider having it done when I reach goal and can manage maintaining it for some time. She said she was never really sore but more really tight feeling. I don't think I will be truly comfy with my weightloss until I get rid of the excess skin. Plus it would be a bonus to be able to wear a bathing suit without a skirt and a half shirt!!

Kempy, where did ya go this weekend? I was looking for you again.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:11 AM   #77  

Sorry I couldn't get on yesterday. Joe and I went shopping and I bought new tennis shoes, pants , shirts, underwear, earings and a couple of belts. I felt so bad though, Joe didn't find anything. Normally he is the one that is loaded down with bags.

I didn't get a chance to workout yesterday but we did walk around the mall for a long time so that has to count for something.

Angie one of my memebers and a tummy tuck done. She is happy now but she had a really large piece of skin to have removed. I don't think you have enough to have it down do you? One of the weird things is that she has no belly button now. I am scared to death of surgery. I don't even like to go to the doctor to get a shot.

Chris that is such good news about the baby. I have always thought that there are to many children in the world that need a family. Don't you fall off the wagon and forget about us. Remember we already lost Jen. I still havn't seen here around since her ex's situation.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:34 AM   #78  

Hi girls,
Chris/ I think it's great about the adoption decision!!! There are so many children that need good loving homes.

Angie/ Tummy tuck? Well, I can't wait to see what happens whe I loose all this yucky weight! Do you have like tons of skin hanging or what happens? Do tell? I had 2 c-sections too and the muscles down there still don't seem to be really good, somedays it's almost like you can touch it and not really even feel it? Anyway, I have these wing/flaps under my arms....giggle giggle I know you all know what I'm talking about. Do those go away? Let me know what you decide.

Kempy/ Wow new clothes!!! I can't wait to go buy some, but made myself a promise not to buy any till I atleast loose 35 lbs or so. And one of my favorite things to buys is undereware!!! It's just such a personal thing you know, I stand there for a long time looking them all over and trying to decide which ones I want and which ones are pretty etc.....there are just so many choices. I find myself doing this even with my dh's unders.....he does not shop! But he likes the like jockey shorts kind, you know tight to the leg but not tightie whities!!!

Wishing you all a good day,
Sandy
Old 02-24-2003, 10:48 AM   #79  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Yeah, I have tons of extra skin. I got up to 265 plus I had 2 pregnancys and one of those was twins so there has been plenty of stretching going on. My underarms are bad too. That is actually what got me thinking about surgery. The picture of me at 135 is a nice pic but I can see my underarm skin and I know that all the extra skin helped to contribute to me gaining alot of the weight back. I got to 130 and was like, Huh? I workout so much but I still have all this skin? I am so bad with needles but if I don't think about it and just do it I would be ok. It wouldn't be for a few years(maybe next winter) because I want to be sure I can maintain before I go that drastic.

Kempy, why doesn't she have a belly button? Everything I have read says they reconstruct one when they pull the skin. I was thinking of seeing if they would pierce it when they have me out. Oh yeah and give me a tattoo on my ankle too. I am so funny.

Congrats on all the new clothes. I can't wait until I lose like 10 or 15 more pounds so I can go shopping. I don't want to buy anything just yet since I am so close.

Last edited by angieME; 02-24-2003 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:18 AM   #80  

I think when they pulled the skin they cut of the part that had the belly button. She didn't say anything about them reconsrtucting it. I don't think she really cared b/c she was never going to be wearing a bathing suit for people to see it. She is still a big woman but she is losing weight and the surgery has really helped her to keep up with the weight loss.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:23 AM   #81  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

oh, I see. Maybe she plans on having it done again when she is at goal. My skin I can hide but I would just like to see it gone. I am sure I look squishy.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:27 AM   #82  

I think you look fine but I know what it is like when you are not happy with yourelf.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:15 PM   #83  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning/afternoon ladies. Gee I miss one day and have so much to catch up on. I was busy falling off and getting run over by the proverbial wagon. I really hate weekends when I lose control...cheesecake, black forest cake, chinese food, ribs, chicken, sushi. We had it all, you name it, I probably ate it. I feel fat, bloated and gross. Disgusted with myself. BUT! This morning I put on my cute pair of jeans and one of my favorite tops, got some makeup on and made myself look pretty. Hubby is coming home today so I wanted to look presentable. I reaffirmed to myself that I looked sooo much better than I did a few short months ago and why would I want to continue with this self-destructive behavior of overeating? So, I chased that wagon down and I'm climbing back on. Of course, I haven't had breakfast yet, but I have the correct mindset. Cheer me on will ya?

Chris congrats to you and Chris for your decision to adopt. That is so exciting! And just imagine, you don't even have to put on weight to have the baby. How cool is that? I have no idea how the adoption process works but I know that there is a special little one out there waiting for you two. I love babies .

Angie, when you were climbing back on the wagon were you pushing me off? Nah, I think I jumped off myself. Surgery sounds a bit scary but I think it would be worth it in the end if you'll feel more comfortable in your own skin, literally. You're doing awesome despite some little setbacks. Just look at your stats, they're pretty amazing.

Kempy my fellow shopper . I love buying new things. My only problem is that I never get rid of the old stuff so my closets and drawers are overstuffed (like me) and overflowing. My hubby is a clothes shopaholic too. He doesn't get to dress up for work obviously but he does appreciate some nice duds. When we go out for a night on the town he likes to get all duked up. I must say he cleans up real nice.

Sandy, yes I too have wing flaps see? Except I don't have the halo thing going on, more like this guy .

Gargoyle/Shan, we're having pretty good temps here now. It's only between 67-79 degrees, highs and lows for the next week. The only thing about living in this temperate climate is that we don't really see any seasonal changes. Our winter is pretty much just a spastic rain every few weeks. Other than that it's warm sunny just about every day. If it goes below 65 though, I'm freezing! Of course if I get cold indoors I should just get my behind outdoors and go for a walk.

Washu, I think I want a petite chefs knife. Is it gonna cost me an arm and a leg? I already have that block set with the 8" guy in it, but I want something smaller, more functional. How's it going on the motivation front? Mine's waning, give me a kickstart?

Sorry to be so long-winded but I just had to get that all out. Gotta go eat something now. Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 02-24-2003 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:22 PM   #84  

Default Angie

I forgot to ask if you got that same wonderful Thunderstorm we got yesterday. It just came up and out of nowhere!!! Did you hear about the 3 kids on some mountain sledding? They got hit by lightning!! I guess they are all in the hospital and doing well though. Thank god!!! We don't often get thunderstoms in the winter here!!!
Old 02-24-2003, 01:24 PM   #85  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Noelle, Quick Jump on!!! You can do this. What I did was I figured that in the last 2 weeks I have had all of my cravings filled so there isn't any more need to think about it. Now I just want to go forward. I have to talk myself into it every single time.It is strange because I don't ever remember talking myself into messing up.

Just think of how far you have come and now you can get back on track and go even lower. I KNOW YOU CAN!!!!

KICK!!!KICK!!!!

I hope this helps ya. I am here for you through it all.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:26 PM   #86  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Sandy, No we didn't get a thunderstorm. I hate those things. My pool is about 10 feet outside my patio doors and usually we get at least one of those BAD ones during the summer. Scares the **** out of me with all that water right beside me.

Are the kids ok?

I better get back to baking. I am in on a pee break. Shh, don't tell Jay. haha I am trying a Peanut butter brownie with chocolate chips. I hope it comes out or I wasted my time. and lost some money. Waa Waa
Old 02-24-2003, 01:44 PM   #87  

Yes the kids are all fine now I guess!! Wow a pool (inground or above) not that it matters, I'd kill to have a pool of our own in our own yard. My fil and mil live on the lake so we do get to swim privately, and we own property on the shore so if we want to swim in salt water thats okay too, but me being fair skinned and my dear son is a red head, we burn so easy!!!!

God your baking sounds so good!!! No offence Im glad you live miles away from me or I'd be there everyday to see what you had good to eat!!! Do you bake and sell to local stores? Do you have a bakery at your house too a shop I mean???That you sell out of or do you deliver all your baking goods? I envy you, being able to bake all that and not eat it!!! GOOD GIRL!!!
Old 02-24-2003, 03:01 PM   #88  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I have a 27 foot above ground. We got it at a pool store in Waterville. I would definately recommend having a professional install it. We noticed about 5 other houses that got one the same year we did(and installed themselves) and they all collapsed the next spring. I would be so mad.

We have a kitchen that we built behind our house and we cook all the donuts and pastries and sell them to local stores and his mom has a bakery so we make the donuts and sell them to her. It is getting harder and harder each year up here since alot of the mills are closing and there really isn't many jobs. We usually do really well during the summers while the tourists are visiting Greenville. I would love to move somewhere else and open a shop or something. The tourists just rave about how big our donuts are and stuff(my hubby hand cuts every one)
Old 02-24-2003, 03:26 PM   #89  

Angie you know you could always move down here but I don't know if you could handel the heat. That is sad to hear that mills are closing. I hate to hear stuff like that b/c I know there are families that are out of a job then.

Noelle you will be fine you will just have to make a strong effort to stick with it. I know I have bad weekend too.

Sandy I would be at the beach or lake everyday if I had access like you do. You are so lucky!
Old 02-24-2003, 03:31 PM   #90  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I know Kempy. I am so bad with heat. I complain so much. I need someplace that has no snow but not much heat either. Does such a place exist? he he. I would love being able to walk all year around though. I am so sick of exercising inside. Last week was a tease
Closed Thread