Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 128/128/105

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy Guilt

I've been working really hard for the past three weeks. I lost a little over 4 lbs. But this morning I woke up to some bad news and I had a HUGE binge. Like the biggest I've ever had. I'm embarrassed even to type this. Alright here it goes. If I don't just own up to it I'm not going to be able to get over this. I had a little under 3,000 calories within a time span of 45 minutes. The thing is I don't even LIKE what I ate. I hate how out of control I felt while I was in the middle of it. Now that it's all over I hate the shame and guilt I feel for not being stronger. I really want to be strong enough to be able to handle things. I don't want to use food to deal with things anymore you know? Anyway sorry for the rant. I guess I just needed to get that off my chest.

When you get knocked off the wagon...how do you get the motivation to run back after it and hop back on?
Endlessrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 228/ 228/ 145

Height: 5'2''

Remember how you feel about it now the next time you feel a binge coming on. Consciously make the decision to go for a walk or something calming and remind yourself that you are worth it. Now take a deep breath, smile, dust yourself off and get back on that wagon. Chalk this up as an "oops" and learn from it. You will be ok.
SaraWrites03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #3  
Happy Member

Life is a learning experience. Bumps happen.

Now climb back on that weight-loss wagon and hang on tight!!!
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/133.4/123

Height: 5'6"

Remember it's one binge in a journey. The binge doesn't really throw the journey off course. Maybe slows it down a little bit... But keeping moving forward is really key. It sounds like you did that partially just by posting what happened here.
catgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #5  
Stay with me

S/C/G: 240/235/120

Height: 5'3"

Pick something that you want more than anything as a prize when you lose the weight(however much it is) and keep that in mind. Failure isn't in the falling down it's in the staying down. Keep that in mind. I love Edison's quote on failure"I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work(he was talking about the lightbulb)" Don't let yourself be lied to that because you binged once that your whole diet regime is over for good. Keep your head up.
rubyred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

Guilt won't help you get back on your feet. You've done the RIGHT THING. You've noticed the problem and caught it before 1 day turned into 1 month Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again. Remember, one bad choice doesn't have to lead to another!

I'm CHEERING YOU ON TO GOAL....
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:08 AM   #7  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

The guilt sucks–****, I feel awful after I eat a single cookie from the snack bin after telling myself I won't–but in my experience, it's not the negative feelings that propel me forward. It's remind myself of my successes, however small, that reminds me that I'm capable of losing weight, eating healthier and changing my life. It seems impossible on a day when life has dealt you a hand that makes you feel the need to binge, but try to hold on to small successes as you move forward. You can get past this.
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

You're human and you made an error. It's okay, it happens. The important thing is to recognize that this is nothing more than a bump in the road of your weight loss journey.
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Don't beat yourself up over it , put it behind you and get back on track.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote