Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 11:44 AM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #68

Stay at home Mom's #68

Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #67 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.

Ginny
Old 02-03-2003, 11:55 AM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!
Just a short hello, as I left one of my wordy posts yesterday and am short on time today. I hope that everyone has made it thru the weekend fine and is looking foward to a good week.

I got a walk in this am....30 minutes almost 2 miles. My eating has been sort of wacky.....and I am going to join WW on Wednesday as I need someone to help me stay honest here.
(the coupon for free registration I have expires soon.....and this is the first Wed I have been able to get there). I have it all figured out, that I can go to the meeting and then to Walmart, sort of combine errands. I get out to little for myself, so this should be a nice treat.
Gotta run.
Ginny
Old 02-04-2003, 10:01 AM   #3  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Hi Everyone!

I needed to check in today to say hello! I have had a really rough January. My mom found out she had a tumor on the 3rd and then had it removed on the 28th. It was bynine but it was scary for a while. fortunately I have been keeping busy instead of binging. I am weighing in a bit later when I take my shower to see what the damage is.

I have been exerciesing off an on. Not as regular as I like. And I havent had time to stop in here at all. That is changing though!! I missed you guys!

Ginny - We might be moving out your way in a year or so. My hubbys company got bought out by a competitor last month as well... They are based in New Jersey.. about 20 miles outside of New York City!!! Are you close to there? I love the pacific Northwest.. but I am game if we really have to move. That was another shock in January!

Mel - Congrats on the pregnancy!

Everyone else - I will post more once I can read through the posts again! And I will let you know about how I faired with the weight in January.

Hugs to all!
Old 02-05-2003, 11:51 AM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just a quick hello..........as usual I am short on time. Well, being that I am so pressed for time, and now finances I have decided to kick myself in the can and use the WW materials that I have here. I really wanted to go to the meetings and join- and have one week left of free registration if I fail and realize that I need the meetings. So far today has been good. I am drinking lots of herbal tea which is great for my cough/cold and the diet. And I got my walk in (so I am in a good mood!). Nuff about me!

Karen- what a month you had! I am so glad to hear that your mom is ok, I guess by now she is home (I hope!) and regaining some strength. Now as for your move. We are about 10 miles north of the NY/NJ border, in Orange County. I grew up in (and my mom still lives in) Bergen County NJ- so just where is this company???? You could end up living up here (tons of people who commute to NYC or Bergen do, as the real estate is a wee bit less). This is exciting! I do know a fair amount about NJ (the northern region)- let me know what is up!!!! And I hope that your weigh in went well.

Gotta go! have a great day!
Ginny
Old 02-05-2003, 02:06 PM   #5  
One day at a time.

Hi,

I'm still hangin in there, and finally my morning sickness is really improving!

Karen, I'm so happy that your mom is doing well, and things worked out for the good. As for you not eating through the stress, that's great! I know I tend to be an emotional eater, and I really have to fight the urge. Keep up the great work, and you'll be at goal before you know it.

Ginny, I hope you eventually make it to a meeting, I know I love them and miss them dearly! I haven't been in 2 weeks, because they said I couldn't continue until after the baby comes. You can do it, and I'd love to be a cheer leader for you!!!

Spryng, I hope all is well with you, and look forward to hearing about your ultrasound!

I'm starting to get a little enrgy back, so I'm gonna try to put it to use!

TTFN

Last edited by mel17; 02-05-2003 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-05-2003, 06:27 PM   #6  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Quote:
[
Karen- what a month you had! I am so glad to hear that your mom is ok, I guess by now she is home (I hope!) and regaining some strength. Now as for your move. We are about 10 miles north of the NY/NJ border, in Orange County. I grew up in (and my mom still lives in) Bergen County NJ- so just where is this company???? You could end up living up here (tons of people who commute to NYC or Bergen do, as the real estate is a wee bit less). This is exciting! I do know a fair amount about NJ (the northern region)- let me know what is up!!!! And I hope that your weigh in went well.
Ginny - The Company is ADP and are in Roseland, NJ. I was looking at a map.. but I cannot make heads or tails of where exactly it is... but then again I have only been using mapquest...

It will be a while before we know for sure.. but I always like to keep on top of this stuff!

I am cheering for you with the WW stuff! Good for you getting in your walk and doing well so far!! I know how finaces are a big factor in this kind of thing... That is why I stopped going too. Although I did lose 56 pounds in 10 months on WW at Home.

Mom is doing well... infact she and Dad took a day trip today out with some friends and she called my sister (who lives with them) and told her that she is feeling better than she did before the surgery.. so that is a good thing!!

Mel - I am glad you are feeling better! Morning sickness is the pits! I remember well!!!

As for me.. I weighed in at what I started at in Jan.. so I did gain.. but I honestly thing it wasnt the eating.. it was the lack of exercise...

I had a Root Canal this morning so All I have eaten all day is a small cup of Tapioca pudding and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (Soft!) To night I am having Tomato soup and oven grilled cheese... I am hoping to feel a bit better tomorrow moring! I am setting my alarm to get up and exercise! (Hopefully I wont sleep through it with the vicodin) LOL!

Talk to you all soon!
Old 02-05-2003, 10:09 PM   #7  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!!!!
Are we having fun out there????????? Sorry for sounding so cheeky, but today ended up being a real stinker. All went fine until Dh got home from work (a few minutes early) and told me that his mother was in the hospital. Then Dd told me that her friend's mother (who I am sort of friendly with) was just diagnosed with breast cancer.........and of course we hopped in the car to visit MIL. She is really fine- looked great as a matter of fact. It seems as though she was overmedicated with a blood thinner, which threw her BP way high.... and she needed some care to get back to normal. While we were there, they took her BP, which was slightly high......but surely nothing requiring hospitalization. It looks as though she will be released tomorrow- and of course Dh volunteered me to bring dinner over Friday nite- so we will be there for an official "visit". Never a dull moment! (can you tell that I am tired and getting punchy?)

Mel, glad to hear that you are feeling better and getting some energy back! The middle months of pregnancy are so much fun! Enjoy this time! Thanks for the encouraging words about WW. I am going to try to get there next week......yes the finances are tight but the meetings are a help.

Karen-I took a look at the map, Roseland seems to be in Essex county and is about 70-80 miles from where I live. It is around the Montclair/Orange area- which is pretty built up. I would think that a lot of people who work in that area commute about an hour to get away from the city a bit and end up living in the West Milford area. Ok, I know that this makes no sense to you- West Milford is pretty rural- and is only a few miles from me here in NY.
(I know that West Milford is a big commuter town to that area as we looked for a house there and the roads really support a commute to the Essex Cty area). BTW- West Milford (or I should say that area) has some beautiful lakes- is very pretty.(or at least I think so). Keep me posted with what happens.........who knows maybe we could get together for tea someday!!!!!

Ok. I am pooped and have babbled enough. Tomorrow is very busy and I doubt that I will get online, or even get a walk in.
Have a great nite!!!!
Ginny
Old 02-07-2003, 03:39 PM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!!!!
Where is everyone???? Just a short hello anyway, as I have not all that much time. MIL is coming home from the hospital today and we (or should I say I) am bringing dinner over to her and FIL.
So, I have been cooking most of the day so that there will be lots of leftovers so she will not have to cook for another day or so.

We got about 6-9 inches of lovely white stuff today! So the kiddies are all home- Dh decided to stay home too. Actually he tried to go to work- but to do so you must go over two fairly steep mountains which are not too good in the snow. He barely missed getting hit by some moron in an SUV (who apparently hoped that the capability of the SUV would overshadow his own lack of driving prowess) and decided that corporate America could live without him, but his family could not. So, home he has been- and I am so glad that he is safe with us.

So, today I did 2 1/2 miles with Leslie Sansone (and my 7 year old- that was a hoot!). My eating is great- I have barely had anything at all- as this cold is beating me up a bit.
Well, gotta run. Hope all of you are fine!!!
Ginny
Old 02-08-2003, 08:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Everyone!

Oh my! Where do I begin?
I'm sorry that I have been MIA again. I've been extremely busy. One good thing to this is that I'm forgetting to eat! In the past week I've opened up my own business, so I've been doing a lot of re-organization in the house. My brother was put in the hospital on Wed. am, where he found out that he needed his appendix (sp?) out. He had a rough recovery & first will come home this morning. My Mom & I went to visit him on Thursday & he looked nearly dead! (At least in my opinion.) My Mom packed her bags before we left & she will stay to help him out when he gets out of the hospital. (Ah....a much needed break from my DM!) Yesterday I went with a friend to the Girl Scout store to buy tons of patches & badges. After that-it was time to pick up dd from school. I then returned home to find out that "Speedy Delivery" dropped off my sales kit. (Home & Garden Party) It was like Christmas all over again in my living room! I will spend a great majority of the weekend down in the basement making room for my business! Now-back to you gals! Where should I begin?

Ginny: I decided to pop in so that you don't feel so lonely here. I've been thinking a lot about you lately when I see the webcam pictures of your area with all that white stuff! Can you send some my way? I'm sorry to hear about your MIL & all your extra duties. Glad to hear that she is feeling much better. I'm also sorry to hear about your dear friend being diagnosed with breast cancer. My heart goes out to you right now. As for your WW meetings: If you think you need them, try to stretch your $ if not, we're here for you! Maybe we should tie our posts in with some WW incentive topics, or other weightloss ideas. Maybe we should also include an exercise challenge. Well gals, my DH keeps on talking to me, so I'll close for now & will edit my post later. TTFN!

Last edited by Freckles; 02-08-2003 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-09-2003, 10:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi Everyone! I am so sorry that I haven't posted!! I guess my email was messing up and I wasn't getting the "new post" alerts like I normally do. But here I am.
Ahh.... where to begin. Sounds like everyone is dealing with sick family members in the hospital and such. My heart goes out to you all. It always so tough to see a loved one go through anything like that even if it is an appendix or cancer. Hope they are all doing better now.
Ginny I hope you get inspired with WW. It seems to work so well for so many people and I know it will work for you too!
Well, I don't have time to talk to all of you individually tonight. I am pooped.
OK, let me tell you how my ultrasound went!! It went great and we are expecting (drum roll please ) A BOY!!! Everything looked great and he was measuring a little under a lb. He's gotten so active in the past few days its unreal. I have been feeling movement off and on since week 8 and then it got to where I felt him only in the mornings before I got up and when I went to bed at night and now he moves all day long!! I really love it!
We are all fighting a major cold here. Took DH to the ER last night because he has high BP and it was really messing with it. So they put him on an inhaler and atibiotic and such and now he's feelings much much better. The kids are about over it and I'm still stuffed up but it's getting a little better. Nights are the worst though.
Oh yeah, we also spent today painting the kids rooms!! Let me tell you, this was the first time I have ever done somthing like this so it means alot to me. but they came out so CUTE!! My dd's room is a light purple and we bought some white miniblinds and white valances to go over them and then I got some silk pink roses on a vine and positioned it where it is flowing over the valances. It is so beautiful! Tomorrow we should get their twin beds in and she is getting a gorgeous white rod iron day bed that has hand painted flowers on it and such and it will just set off her room. Now my ds's room is a soft yellow and looks so inviting and cheery. Looks great with his green and yellow spongebob curtains. His bed is a rod iron bed too and we bought some spongebob posters for his walls and some shelves and such. Ok, I know I'm going on and on but it is just so amazing now in those rooms. Now my Dh wants color in every room in the house!! I still have to sand and paint dd's dresser and bookcase white so I can do some stenciling on them. I have a butterfly with flowers stencil that is going to make them look so cute! O, I'm babbling lol. I'll get off here. My body really hurts tonight. I need to get in bed and not move it for the next 9 hours. I'll talk to you all tomorrow!!
Old 02-10-2003, 01:49 PM   #11  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Great to hear from you, Jackie and Spryng! Guess we are keeping the thread going..........

Jackie- congrats on your business! What do you sell????? Sounds neat- and with your friendly personality, I am sure that you will succeed. How is your brother doing ? (what is it with this winter and so many needing medical help like that?). I hope that he is getting stronger and that you are enjoying the break from DM too!!!!!

Spryng- congrats on your little boy!!!!!!! That is so exciting. And - isn't it fun decorating when you can really do what you want to do! The kids rooms sound so cute..........I love using color on the walls- paint is cheap and the results so dramatic. (maybe Jackie can help us out with decorating with her new career!)

As for me....well, we got some more white stuff today! It is only snowing lightly, but they closed the schools half day- so I am done and all the kiddies are home!!!! Which leaves me with time to go to the Dr to get this cold checked out......it is getting worse and I am not getting better. So before I get as sick as I did 2 years ago- I am going to get checked out today- in about an hour. Ds has his last Bball game tonite- sad, as this team is such a great bunch of kids and they will be split up next year. Of course, if he does not get his homework done.........there will be no game for him!!!!! I will get to the WW meeting Wednesday. It fits right in with the schedule I have for volunteering at Ds's school for the next 3 weeks-and by then it will be a routine. I have to go- gotta gain some inspiration from somewhere!!!!

On that happy note, I had better sign off and get ready to go to the Dr. Have a great day!!!!!!
Ginny
Old 02-11-2003, 06:56 AM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Just a quick hello, as the kiddies are still home - and I still have to get behind my yellow limo. With the snow last nite and the roads warm until sundown, it has made for some icy driving and all the schools are on a 2 hour delayed opening. Ds is walking off with the mouse (he has to do a demonstration talk for english - and is going to describe how to clean a mouse and a keyboard, this mouse is plenty dirty and will be perfect for the demo)- so I figured I better get my online time now.

I did make it to the Dr and have a mild case of bronchitis. Simply amazing what the right meds can do- I slept well last night without the coughing and already feel a ton better. She did tell me to skip walking for a day or so- as I was/am weak. So- sometime tomorrow I will resume (tomorrow is also WW day for me). Ds's basketball game was cancelled last nite because of the weather- but then we had to get the materials for the demonstration speech~ which of course he left until last nite at 7pm to even think of what he was going to do!!!!!!!! ( I love him to pieces- but there are times that he is driving me to insanity).

Gotta go!!! Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 02-11-2003, 01:02 PM   #13  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Hello everyone!

Sorry I have been gone so long.

Spryng - CONGRATS on the little boy!! They are so much fun! I have one of each and although I can relate more to My daughter is the stuff she does and her feelings and emotions (4 going on 21) my son and I have SOOO much fun! He is teaching me the finer points of sports and animals and all sorts of stuff!

Jackie - Congrats on your new business! What are you doing? Curious minds you know!

Ginny - I am so sorry you are sick.. but really glad you are feeling better!! I am notorious for bronchitis! I know how miserable you can get with it! Did you decide to go to the meetings after all?

As for me, did anyone watch Oprah yesterday? She had people who lost huge amounts of weight. I was so inspired! I am clling today to see what a gym membership would cost me. I have my treadmill.. and I do get on it.. but I know I need to lift weights too to maximize the loss.. and I just dont find the time to do it or wimp out at home. Although.. if I am unable to afford the cost of a gym.. I am going to have to force myself to do it.

The good news is I lost .5 pounds last week!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-11-2003, 02:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!!
Ginny I hope you get to feeling better soon!! My DH has acute bronchitus so I know how miserable you can be. He is feeling much better though too. They put him on an inhaler and some antibiotics. Did you get some too? Can't wait to hear how your WW meeting goes. I was looking at their site today (in only 4 months I'll be back on the weight loss jorney again) and I found a meeting right in my town!! That was exciting. I looked into it once when I lived in Oklahoma and the nearest meeting was 45 minutes away. So you never know, I may give WW a try too!! It's always interested me.
Karen, no I didn't catch Oprah yesterday. And I was so mad not too after I saw what was on it!! How amazing for these people to lose SOOOO much weight. Was it all through diet and exercise or was some surgery?? Either way they looked great! (I just saw the preview) I'm glad it inspired you to get back on the ball and head to the gym or just stay home and use that treadmill. I hope the motivation stays with you.
My day is going ok. My legs are still killing me from all that painting we did Sunday. My kids beds came in yesterday and it was so much fun setting up their beds and little things in their rooms. My dd's bed is a daybed and so cute! Her room is the room I always wanted growing up but never got. It's so adorable. So today I am taking it easy hoping these muscles will loosen up soon so that I can do some more work in the rest of the house. But other than that I am dong good.
Oh! Guess what?! I got to see my unborn baby's toosh today! Before I got up this morning I felt alot of pressure in my uterus and looked down to see his little butt popped uo there for the whole world to see!!! My husband was so excited to see it. So tiny. I massaged it a little and he pulled it back down. lol I know I have seen this before with my other two pregnancies but it's always so special to see it again with this one. I can't wait to be holding little Tanner in my arms soon. June seems so far away at times and then again so close. Ahhh (sigh) another tiny baby to love....
Ok, I'll stop gushing now... lol
Talk to you all later!!
Old 02-11-2003, 04:08 PM   #15  
I'm a Jovi Girl

OH Spryng! You are making me want to have another baby! I loved being pregnant! All that little stuff!

On the oprah show everyone lost the weight through diet and exercise except one man. He was 803 pounds and only had a 40% chance of making it through the gastric bypass procedure. He did make it and now weighs in at 250 and is still losing weight! It was so amazing to see them all!

I called the new gym that is opening up. Until feb 28th, if I join monthly dues is only $12 a month for the life of my membership! I think I can handle that. the down side is the initiation fee is $196.. but I think that I can talk DH into that for a Valentine's day gift AND Mother's day gift! I would rather have that than flowers or candy.. that is for sure! The cool part is that they are open great hours and I drive right past them every day so I can drop the kids off at school then go right to work out!

Just got off the treadmill and I feel pretty tired... need to go takd a shower! :P

Talk to you all later!
Closed Thread