Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:59 AM   #61  

Hi everyone! Just a little procrastination before I get after cleaning this house.
Went on my walk this morning and I think I will stay off the treadmill and use housecleaning as my other workout for today. That should be good and also serve as a running rest for me.
I was good last night and didn't eat after 6 (since I already ate all my calories), so I stayed on plan.
My sodium was pretty high for me yesterday at 3500, so I am watching that today. Some days I just seem to select more high sodium foods than others and often don't realize it until the end of the day when I finish entering in my logs. I was up 0.2 on the scale, may have been a little sodium blip. Again, I was s-t-a-r-v-i-n-g this morning (felt like I should have been down 10 pounds), but I chalk that up to eating dinner earlier than usual.
We have a leak coming from our fridge/freezer, so we have a repairman coming to look at it either this afternoon or tomorrow. I have to move all the stuff from the freezer down to the big freezer in the basement, because we think it has something to do with when the freezer is defrosting. Either that or an internal water line that takes the water to the door, which would also be on the freezer side. I hate stuff like that. I guess I will get my freezer cleaned out though, that is the one positive. I just hope it is fixable, I hate to have to buy another fridge/freezer, this one is only about 5 years old. They just don't make things like they used to.
I should run and get my million and one things accomplished today, I will check back when I need a break later, hope everyone has a great day!!!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
Okay so since the flooding and city repair my street is now under construction. I got DS to school, but won't be able to pick him up by car. His school is over a mile away and a lot of it up hill. BUT I feel like he'd stay in the parking lot if I wasn't there to tell him I can't get out of the drive. So I'm thinking I should walk there. It's raining and that's a far distance but I have been hiking much further. I could use this as my exercise for the day. I'm wondering though would it be embarrassing for him. I could wait just on the other side and wave from a distance...lol I really not sure how this will go over. But I think I'm gonna do it. I'm thinking an hour should be enough time, right?
I think an hour would give you enough time with the hills. Sounds like a great workout, and I have to laugh because my kids would probably stand there and wait forever too. If you don't feel up to it when it gets closer, or the weather gets worse, could you call the school and get a message to him? He'll be embarrassed either way, they all are at that age. Let us know how it works out!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
I miss a lot when away.

Larry - that's a rough way to lose weight, lol... but I sure do hope it's a smooth recovery and surgery for you!!!

Mamakat - You are looking great in your new pic!! Sorry you are so exhausted now that school is in session, seems we need to adjust our bodies to match new schedules

I am still having some medical issues that have slowed me a bit.. also seems to be taking up my time to do the same things as usual, so apologize for not checking in so much and for lack of personals. I have been totally on plan except for bringing myself up to calories (I have to shoot for 1200)...and have skipped some days of strength training due to this whole mess... but... still trucking forward! My apologies for lack of personals. I will try to catch up later (work has been slammed so was unable to while there yesterday).
Personals is not a requirement! Just do what you need to keep yourself on track and accountable and don't worry about the rest. We're here for you no matter what. Sorry about your medical issues and that they are stealing time from you, there is already not enough time in a day, let alone with that happening. Hang in there and I hope things are easier for you soon!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #64  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

-----Enters the forum in a whirlwind of confetti, dust, bits of streamers, and glitter..-------

WHEW! I'm back! Back from the bestest Labor Day weekend ever! A close friend of mine got married and boy, did we party.

190.0 on the dot this morning and you know what? I'm ok with it. I am really looking forward to the quiet, boringness that is my regular routine.

I've missed you guys! I'll try and get caught up. LOL I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!!!

Last edited by Vixsin; 09-07-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:03 AM   #65  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
Okay so since the flooding and city repair my street is now under construction. I got DS to school, but won't be able to pick him up by car. His school is over a mile away and a lot of it up hill. BUT I feel like he'd stay in the parking lot if I wasn't there to tell him I can't get out of the drive. So I'm thinking I should walk there. It's raining and that's a far distance but I have been hiking much further. I could use this as my exercise for the day. I'm wondering though would it be embarrassing for him. I could wait just on the other side and wave from a distance...lol I really not sure how this will go over. But I think I'm gonna do it. I'm thinking an hour should be enough time, right?
Does he not have a cell phone? So you can text him what's up and ask what he prefers?
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:12 AM   #66  
Melissa

Anyone else having problems adjusting their ticker? Tried to add 4 miles for the step class and it won't let me. Weird.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #67  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Berry he does have a cell, did he take it is the question or would he turn it on if he did take it. He can't remember to eat so I can't expect him to remember his phone as I forget mine all the time. He's a sweet kid and says nothing embarrasses him. I asked if I could work at the dollar store across the street from his school, he said go ahead. I asked if I could work at goodwill, he said go ahead. I suspect if a mom appears at school with purple or blue hair anything is easy after that.

He's old enough to walk home, but because of my ditsiness I sometimes am late so he waits. I just don't want him waiting in the rain. He won't take a bus so either way he has to walk. Every kid in town knows I'm his mom and I don't have purple hair anymore so I'm less embarrassing I'll just wave from across the street so no one sees me waving at him. Ugh, creeper alert

He could choose a different path home, but something in me thinks he won't. I'm pretty cool (according to DD) as far as mom's go. She says lots of kids wish I were their mom as I'm goofy and kidlike. Of course that gets me no respect, but I'll take what I can get.

Jomatho I'll let you know how it went. I'm sure I manage the hills. Theres a huge hole right in front of my driveway with lots of men So I definitely should go. I once called the school for my son and they paged him 3 times, he never heard the page. I think he doesn't listen to the speakers because it's too distracting.

ItsMyTurn no need to worry so much on personals, we like hearing that you are doing well, but we all know that things do detour us. I still haven't managed to eat a meal yet and it's 12 already. I hope things get better for you.

Vixsin glad you had a nice weekend.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #68  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Hi everybody! I have regular internet again! Sorta! Haha, we got wifi in my house, but the charging cord to my laptop is missing. I'm using my room mate's desktop. It's very strange. I had only my mobile for internet for more than a year so having everything the right size is disorienting. I gained a few lb in water weight but it's starting to go down now. I lost a lb of it this morning. I'm at 245.6. I'm off to go pick up my DS from school, but I'll be back later. WITH PERSONALS! WOW!
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #69  
Melissa

Raining so hard here with so many streets closed and sidewalks flooded that for the middle and elementary schools all walkers have to be picked up from school. Henry is technically a walker, but I always go to pick him up - either by car, scooter or walking. It was a ZOOOOOOOO at the school - didn't help their parking lot was closed because it was completely flooded.

Now that I've done the kid pick up for both of them, I'm finally taking a shower after gym! LOL Glad I waited as I got soaked later too.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

It's been raining all day (and night) here too, but the really heavy stuff isn't moving in until tonight. The county I'm in did OK during Irene, but the surrounding counties where among the worst hit by floods. I hate to think of what all this rain is going to do to them.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #71  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Evening Everyone,

Well I over estimated the time it would take to get to DS's school. I sat under a big tree for 1/2 an hour texting DH. It began to rain heavily when DS appeared we waited a few minutes under the tree and then began our walk. He didn't even seem phased that I was there. I feel bad b/c his back pack weighed a ton. I offered to carry it, but he was a sport and walked with while singing to me He sang the whole way home!

I ended up falling asleep after changing out of my wet clothes. DD came with expectations that we'd go shopping after the construction workers left for the day. BUT she didn't complain when she found me zonked. The weather is crushing my muscles, but I refuse to let it get my spirit. I really enjoyed that walk, I may do it for fun until the weather gets bad.

New NSV...a few years ago I found a windbreaker in my closet. I did not buy this jacket and have no idea whose or how it got there, but I've been wearing it (sort of). It fit over my arms and was long enough to cover my butt, only it never closed/zipped. Well it did today! It also wrapped around my waste when it got too hot to wear. Nothing ever fit like that before. I smiled all the way

Hope you all have a good evening and stay dry
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #72  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I am checking in for my accountability. The weight loss is going so slow, but I am hanging in there. Every little bit counts!
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #73  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I didn't have enough food tonight at the restaurant. I had to cook me some vegetables when I got home. The restaurant changed their menu. Not good!

Total Approx 1325 Calories &

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (585 Calories)
Spinach/sliced tomatoes 50 calories
Blue cheese crumbles (about 4 tiny crumbles) 50 calories
About 5 small croutons 50 calories
Sliced sirloin steak 250 calories (high guesstimate)
I brought my own packet of salad dressing Newman's Own Low Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette 35 Calories
Steamed cauliflower & asparagus 150 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #74  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

mamakat - congrats on the windbreaker NSV!!!!! YAY!!!!!

I am so jealous of everyone's rain! It's been forever since we got some here and it's so stinking hot.... according to the weather, we should hit a high of only 99 over the weekend, here is hoping they are right!!!!!

Diana - I hate when places change menus on ya, especially when you liked what was already there!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:41 PM   #75  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

ItsMyTurn Ha Ha I hate leaving a restaurant hungry, too. I never quit feel right, even if I do eat more later. We have had cooler temps and less humidity. I am so glad for the better weather. I wish I could send some your way.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote