Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-20-2011, 08:57 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

I want to look hot and turn heads. :-)
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 246/221/150

Height: 5'4

I just joined this site and my "What is yours?" is that I have never put on clothes and been happy in them. I would love to put on an outfit and feel great for once.
kmplmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:00 PM   #18  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

My strongest motivations at first were to beat the diabetes I was diagnosed with and to be able to get pregnant and be a healthy mom who could see my children into adulthood and be there to play with grandbabies. As I got going things like appearance got added on. I want to look hot, I want to wear cute clothes, I want to prove that I can do this, I want my hubby to be able to easily lift me, I want a lot of things that losing weight and getting fit will give me. Now I also have fitness goals for myself like running a marathon, being able to pass a military fitness test (and police and firemen), bench pressing as much if not more than my hubby, and on and on. Lately I have added career to it too since I have decided to become a trainer/nutritionist.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:02 PM   #19  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

100% vanity, but there are bonus side effects! Now that I know what it's like to be healthy and active, able to run for a while and do pushups, I don't want to give that up.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:12 PM   #20  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

What motivates you and pushes you to continue to reach for your goals?

This is mine, I am stealing it from something I just posted on a previous thread.

When I was running, a saw a girl in a wheelchair who was bent in half (literally) from an illness, very thin, but smiling like crazy and high fiving everyone. I saw a woman who (I believe) had cerebral palsy (or another similar illness), who was literally dragging her left leg along, and still smiling. I felt fortunate and thrilled to be alive and thrilled that all of my limbs still work. Not all the time, and not always in sync, but they still WORK. How could I not be happy?
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #21  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

I am the primary caregiver for my father, who suffers from COPD, congestive heart failure, sleep apnea, hypertension, high cholesterol, and severe arthritis. He is also severely overweight, and knows that losing weight could help his conditions. But it's a vicious circle: his weight makes his conditions worse, and his conditions make it impossible for him to exercise and lose weight (although he has cut down majorly on his caloric intake and is slowly losing weight.)

Anyway...I said all that to say this: I see what it's like for him, not being able to do the things he used to do (he used to be a carpenter, a great one, and he had to give it up) and having to take all these different medications, and I don't want to end up like that. So I'm taking it in hand now while I still can.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:53 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Not getting Type II diabetes!
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:55 PM   #23  

My motivation is definitely health and a big heaping portion of VANITY. I want to LOOK good, not just FEEL good. And it's hard to look good at 262 pounds

Last edited by Rainbowgirl; 04-22-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:03 PM   #24  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

1. Health

2. Strength

3. Appearance

4. Because I want to be a role model for my kids.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:22 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/140

Height: 5'1"

I SAY it's mostly health, to hopefully reduce blood pressure medication and take stress off my joints, but I really would like to be the size I was when I was smaller and cute! So it's a combo of health, wanting to feel like myself again, and vanity.
nonamortica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 144/140/125

Height: 5' 3"

To look better and feel good about myself. And to be a better at Taekwondo!
yoyo mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoofie View Post
I am the primary caregiver for my father, who suffers from COPD, congestive heart failure, sleep apnea, hypertension, high cholesterol, and severe arthritis. He is also severely overweight, and knows that losing weight could help his conditions. But it's a vicious circle: his weight makes his conditions worse, and his conditions make it impossible for him to exercise and lose weight (although he has cut down majorly on his caloric intake and is slowly losing weight.)

Anyway...I said all that to say this: I see what it's like for him, not being able to do the things he used to do (he used to be a carpenter, a great one, and he had to give it up) and having to take all these different medications, and I don't want to end up like that. So I'm taking it in hand now while I still can.
What a great motivation, Snoofie! And I'm happy your father is starting to lose weight.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:29 AM   #28  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

I don't want to be 60 years old and suffering from some of the ailments that loved ones have. There are some people that I dearly love that I'll likely lose before their time because of weight-related problems.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:09 AM   #29  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Thumbs up what an awesome thread!

What a thread!

Thanks so much for this

My motivation is health related, and to have a better appearance too. I also want to be able to do more of the activities I used to enjoy like downhill skiing without my feet hurting and walking further distances without getting winded.

Thanks again!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #30  
is chubby

Well I'll be honest even if it might sound shocking.

1st To be healthy of course. And I include mental health to that, because I do NOT feel good with myself when I know I aint doing things right.

2nd To be the best I can for my fiance, because he totaly deserves it. He never asked himself of course for me to lose weight, but I know he's going to love it. I want him to show off sexy me and be proud.

3rd For the kids I will give birth to in 2-3 years hopefully. My parents were great and good examples, the only thing they taught me wrong was food stuff, so I am going to make them proud by becomming an even better parent for their grandkids.

4th To work better. We can lie to ourselves if we want to but thinner people inspire clients to come again and to prefer. I won't give up on such an obvious bonus as a freelancer to be.
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote