Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-24-2011, 01:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'8"

Question Plateau! Any tips?

Anyone have any plateau breaker tips?? :3
my maintain is 2100? lowest i go is 1200 calories a day. Here we go:

--I was stuck at 190lbs exactly for about a month, even after adding exercise.
--i went off my diet for a week, and then dropped slowly back down to 1700cals/day for a few days, and i lost 2 lbs.
--it's been a week back on the diet, past few days i've eaten about 1400 cals.
i think i'm stuck at 188 lbs. tomorrow for easter i'm gonna go off the diet, to bring my metabolism back up.

Here's some plateau breaking methods i've heard, that seem the easiest to do. Let me know which ones/if any work!! thank you for any help!
-i heard "zigzagging" calories.
-like, three days on the diet, one day off
-three weeks on diet, one week off
-just one week period off diet, to "re-feed" your body

i really want to try to have a high calorie day every three days, because i just read on this forum that "your metabolism starts slowing by the third day"?

thank you again for any help!
RookaWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:57 AM   #2  

I tied dropping my carbs for a week, and did lose 5 pounds that week, but it did go back up a little when I went back to my usual diet (everything in moderation), so now I wonder if it was worth it, as I am down 3 pounds in about 2-3 weeks anyway, which I might have dropped normally anyway.

I am going to start weight training next week, and I am fairly sure for a while I might gain weight, (but slim down by toning), I do believe in changing things about now and then.
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote