Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLou View Post
I was shocked this morning!!! I got on the scale like 4 times to make sure it was right. I have no plans for maintenance really...I think I will gradually up my calories until I see that I'm not gaining or losing. I guess I'll have to play with numbers. I guess I should look in the maintainers section and research.
Yes, I think it is time to do that!!!!!!!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #32  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLou View Post
I was shocked this morning!!! I got on the scale like 4 times to make sure it was right. I have no plans for maintenance really...I think I will gradually up my calories until I see that I'm not gaining or losing. I guess I'll have to play with numbers. I guess I should look in the maintainers section and research.
Ok, I'm not at this long term 'this time', but I've done this before and here are my not scientific, just personal thoughts.

I don't think our bodies need rest, but our minds do. While I think the body needs change of activities - not always running, or doing the same lifts, etc., I don't think it actually needs 'breaks'. I think sometimes mentally we do which is why it's called VACATION. Instead of a "I'm in training mode" switch to a "keep moving, but for fun" mode. Like still walk and swim and do things, but without the pressure of it being purposeful, if that makes sense.

However, I know I have felt reallllllly bothered by feeling I've lost stamina/strength after taking a break. For me personally, it's really hard to come back to a routine that was beginning to feel good and easy and find it now really hard. I personally don't do well with feeling I've taken a step backwards in weight or fitness. But that's just me. I know other people, after a break, they feel more invigorated and ready to jump back in with gusto. Maybe for your, especially since you are ending a 6 week weight program, it might feel more invigorating. Only you can know that.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 03-21-2011 at 11:32 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

I just realized today is day 180 (6 months) since I started!! The longest I've ever been on plan!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #34  

Height: 5'1"

Morning Everyone!

I had a nice weekend even though the weather in NYC was erratic and my allergies combined with the weather change from warm to cold has given me a little cough. And TOM came...FINALLY! I was waiting. I'm not even looking at my weight or considering it this week. It'll be all over the place as usual, I'm sure. I did 3 miles on the elliptical Saturday and 4 miles yesterday as well as a very intense weight training session yesterday for 45 minutes. I could hardly do anything when I got home last night because my entire body felt like jello and so shaky. But that's a GOOD thing!!

______

Stacy - OH MY! I hope your daughter is doing better. Wonder what caused this??

Diana - Congrats on the capris, perfume and lip gloss...you are sure getting ready for Spring

Lindsey - YAY! I'm so happy you are so close to 140. I bet you will meet both your goals this week!! I'm pulling for you.

Larry - Good luck at the doc. I'm proud of you for doing it without surgery!!

Jo - Congrats for getting back to the ticker weight! Also, what diet/exercise plan are you doing? I'm not sure if you talked about it before...can't remember.

Shells - Congrats on the WHOOSH! I hope it sticks!!

Kim - I agree with you that changing it up is an excellent plan!

Melissa - I'm happy to hear your mood is better

Tina - TOM is visiting me too! He SUCKS!

Last edited by novelistabac; 03-21-2011 at 12:06 PM.
novelistabac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #35  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Tina and novelista225 Me three It caught me off guard....now my last week's weight gain is explained
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Yayyyyy Lindsey congrats on 140.8! Sooooo close!

Still trying to recover from my indulgent weekend with family...
LLBoldAsLove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #37  
Melissa

Just had the most marvelous walk! So glad the forecast for the day was more pessimistic than it turned out to be. 2.8 miles is good enough for me today unless the weather cooperates and I can walk to go get my little one from school. Had a bit of a problem with shins initially, but it got better. Second half of the walk I joined up with a neighbor which made it so much faster and better. Here's my walk. Look how GPS can even tell what side of the street I'm on or even the walking path! Almost creepy to know how much big brother is watching me!:
Old 03-21-2011, 02:43 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Novel- My little girl was better. I sent her to school. She was very pale and said she was tired- but... onto the bus she went! I needed a break! The doctor said viruses don't usually lat that long but we called it gastroenteritis???

Jo - I've heard that taking a break is good... but my old trainer said that taking more then 4 days off at a time would make you lose ground. Never asked why that long; however, I have tried to use that as a rule of thumb. My issue is that if I stop I am afraid I might not restart!

Lindsey- So CLOSE for you. I haven't seen 130 for about 18 years! But you will see it VERY VERY SOON!

Berry- I second your comment about needing some alone time. I really did too!

-----------------------------

I went to the gym- but I am still not feeling well myself. I canceled weight training today but I did spin class. I didn't work nearly as hard as usual at spin- but at least I did something so I won't feel bad. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day healthwise for me!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Berry- that is SO COOL!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:50 PM   #40  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
Berry- that is SO COOL!
Thanks! I love having little techie gizmos and it's helping me with the weight loss. THe online fitness/diet apps. This Garmin Forerunner 305 watch, etc. We live around so many walking trails that I wanted to be able to get an accurate idea of how far I walk. Pedometers are so inaccurate and I fell in love with the idea of being able to track by GPS. It's also my heart rate monitor. I can't give it my all heart wise until I strengthen my shin muscles, but I'm working on it. Every walk is making them stronger.

Looks like the weather will hold up for me to walk to get my son from school. That will make it 3.8 miles today then. Maybe I'll throw in some push-ups this evening. I'm feeling STRONG today.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #41  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Berry I use an app called cardio trainer. Does the same thing I love it!

I have a pedometer and after buying about million of them I finally found one that is 99% accurate. It is made by Omron, and it has a smart brain. It even works in my purse!!!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #42  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

HELLO my peeps!!! I'M BACK!!!!! Just got my internet back on. I'm soooo happy!! No anti-virus on this laptop though....so I'm only on a minute. Gotta get a usb adapter for my desktop so I can use it. I'm getting that when I go pick up my kids from school! I'll be back later on. I've missed you guys!!

AND I have things to share! I now weigh, for the first time since my husband and I started dating back in 1990, the SAME thing as my husband! I seriously never thought I'd see this day. lol AND I tried on pants for the first time in I don't even know how long yesterday that were NOT plus size....and they FIT!! They were 18's, but not 18W's!!! I am also seeing 209-210 on the scales right now, but forgot to take my bp meds yesterday (fluid pill) so I'm not sure my exact weight right now so I'm not changing ticker til probably tomorrow.
I can hardly wait to get caught back up with everyone!!!!!!! Did I mention that I missed you guys?!?!?

BBL!!!!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by novelista225 View Post

Lindsey - YAY! I'm so happy you are so close to 140. I bet you will meet both your goals this week!! I'm pulling for you.
Thanks hun!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #44  
Melissa

I added another mile. Is it OK to say I'm proud of myself? 3.8 miles today on a day that was supposed to be crap for weather. Rained this morning, but has been 65 and sun and clouds the rest of the day.

Edited to add: Have you ever noticed a day after a hungry day that it is often followed by a not very hungry day?

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 03-21-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:51 PM   #45  
~Kim~

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
I added another mile. Is it OK to say I'm proud of myself? 3.8 miles today on a day that was supposed to be crap for weather. Rained this morning, but has been 65 and sun and clouds the rest of the day.

Edited to add: Have you ever noticed a day after a hungry day that it is often followed by a not very hungry day?
You should be proud! =)

I know what you mean about the hunger. Saturday I was starving and ate 1600 calories and still felt hungry most of the day. Yesterday I ate about 1250 and was completely full. Our bodies are so weird sometimes.

Congrats Gaining! I look forward to the day I weigh LESS then my husband. =)
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote