Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennieLovesKisses View Post
Hey! I'm doing good. I was doing 30min runs, 2 min walks...I just upped that last week to 40-45min runs, 2 min walks and my back is feeling just fine and I can tell my body is starting to get stronger. Today is suppose to be my C25K day, but I can tell I'm starting to get sick...everyone is here. So I'm trying to decide if I want to go outside yet or not.
30 min runs!! Awesome. Glad to hear you are hanging in there. I will be kicking off my June workouts with my c25k training tonight! Yay!
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #92  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

OH MY KayNicole!! You weren't lazy!! You did DVDs-- so good job listening to your body and still getting in some exercise!! Rest is important too, so even if you did nothing on those days, that's OK too-- because we don't need injuries taking us down!
Veil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #93  

Good point Veil. I guess I just feel lazy when I let things interfere with my planned workouts.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:45 PM   #94  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

S/C/G: 342/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Not lazy--it's called adjusting to circumstances Allergies are nothing to sneeze at (ok, ok, really bad joke, but it's true!) Good job on finding a solution that let you get your workout in, even if it wasn't the workout you wanted/intended to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayNicole View Post
Good point Veil. I guess I just feel lazy when I let things interfere with my planned workouts.
BluCypressLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #95  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

Ok, I have to say this weather in the PNW has been a downer on my runs! We're set for a "January-like" storm to hit tonight and tomorrow. Uggh. It's June!!

I've been keeping up on my runs though and still feel good! I must admit to being a bit terrified about week 4 coming up, but I've already told myself that I will do what I can when I can...as long as I keep on doing it
Old 06-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #96  

Yay for you at week 4!!! Another reason I feel so bad about missing these training runs is because I am so looking forward to moving on to week 2! lol I will get there.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #97  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayNicole View Post
30 min runs!! Awesome. Glad to hear you are hanging in there. I will be kicking off my June workouts with my c25k training tonight! Yay!

Oops...I didn't mean to say (MINUNTES) I meant to say seconds...so it totals out w/walks included a little over the 25minutes now that I upped the 30seconds to 40-45seconds.

Man...I'd die if I ran 30mins straight! LMAO Hopefully I can one day! xD

I just finished my 2nd month of 30 Day Shred yesterday. Today I did my first day of P90X and I can't believe I'm still breathing HAHA. It was a great workout though, I wish I could have started it Monday but finishing 30DS for the second time was huge for me. I'm excited for tomorrow! I'm still not sure if I'm going to get in C25K today...I might take a nice long walk or something though.
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:26 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 234/222.6/170

Height: 5'6

Last night at the gym I was all ready to start doing this on the treadmill. I only got in 10 mins because my because my boyfriend was about ready to die after training arms.

Anyhow, when I was jogging with an incline of 1 and a speed of 4, it was kind of painful on my knees and feet. But when I had tried jogging on the treadmill last week with an incline of 1 and a speed of 4.8, I was fine as far as pain goes but super out of it after just one minute of jogging. I think going at a lower speed, I am coming down with more weight on my knees thus causing pain but if I go to fast to avoid pain I'll hardly last half the time. Any suggestions? Should I keep at a slower speed and work through the pain so I can go longer or up my speed and just aim to only do 15 mins instead of 30?
StuffedBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluCypressLily View Post
Ok, I have to say this weather in the PNW has been a downer on my runs! We're set for a "January-like" storm to hit tonight and tomorrow. Uggh. It's June!!

I've been keeping up on my runs though and still feel good! I must admit to being a bit terrified about week 4 coming up, but I've already told myself that I will do what I can when I can...as long as I keep on doing it
I'm in the middle of week 4, and it terrified me too! How on earth can I go from 3 minutes with 3 minute walking breaks to 5 minutes with a minute and a half walking break (essentially)? I don't know how, but I did. I actually think this week is easier than the first two weeks where you have so many repetitions to do. And though my legs feel like wobbly sticks of hardened jello, I know I could have done at least another minute or two if I had wanted to push it.

I read somewhere in my attempt to prep for it that week 4 is the "drop out week." I think, knowing that, geared me up for it. I told myself that I wouldn't push myself beyond any reasonable point (no blacking out for me!) and that at worse, I'd repeat the week. But so far, so good.

Trust the program. It works!
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuffedBunny View Post
Last night at the gym I was all ready to start doing this on the treadmill. I only got in 10 mins because my because my boyfriend was about ready to die after training arms.

Anyhow, when I was jogging with an incline of 1 and a speed of 4, it was kind of painful on my knees and feet. But when I had tried jogging on the treadmill last week with an incline of 1 and a speed of 4.8, I was fine as far as pain goes but super out of it after just one minute of jogging. I think going at a lower speed, I am coming down with more weight on my knees thus causing pain but if I go to fast to avoid pain I'll hardly last half the time. Any suggestions? Should I keep at a slower speed and work through the pain so I can go longer or up my speed and just aim to only do 15 mins instead of 30?
Sorry to say, the C25K experts have said repeatedly over at the boards that amount of time is WAY MORE important than speed. Until you "graduate" anyway.

That said, you should do what you are comfortable with. BUT, I was reading up on running injuries and common ones are often caused by jogging at an incline. It requires more force and pushes strain to the wrong things. If an incline of 1 means "no incline" then forget I said anything. But if it is, indeed, a very small incline, I would highly recommend stopping. Yes, it burns more calories, but that's not the main focus right?

Also, I was reading that most injuries can be permanently fixed by training and developing the core muscles. It was especially with knees, that when your abs and hips are weak, it somehow forces you to run differently. They discovered more success with treating knee problems when training people to stretch and tone their hip flexors and abs than with directly treating the knee.

Yeah, I know. Who really wants to push through a strength program when they're already doing a jogging program? But I did start doing some scizzor crunches and arm toning as something to do on my off days. I didn't know then that it would help with my running...

And of course, the wrong shoes for your feet and body can cause a gazillion problems, but I won't go in to that again...

Anyway, just some things to think about. It's all about figuring out what works for you.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:37 AM   #101  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

I'm glad you made it through week 4! Yes, I can see why they would call week 4 the dropout week--it's the first really big jump in the length of running segments...that's what scares me But I also know that I'm not completely wiped at the end of my running segments now, so I'm hoping I'll be able to make it. But, if all else fails, I've already told myself that quitting is not an option and if I have to do a repeater of week 3 that's fine by me.

I think the biggest challenge for me is mapping routes that aren't too hilly. I live in Seattle, so finding a level route just isn't going to happen unless I want to brave Greenlake which I don't want to do (it's generally overrun with runners, walkers, bikers and skaters). The problem is my neighborhood is comprised of STEEP hills, but I think I've got a route that works for now. I know that as I progress in the program, though, I'm going to have to come up with something else unless I want to just keep going up and down the same street

Which week are you on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold32 View Post
I'm in the middle of week 4, and it terrified me too! How on earth can I go from 3 minutes with 3 minute walking breaks to 5 minutes with a minute and a half walking break (essentially)? I don't know how, but I did. I actually think this week is easier than the first two weeks where you have so many repetitions to do. And though my legs feel like wobbly sticks of hardened jello, I know I could have done at least another minute or two if I had wanted to push it.

I read somewhere in my attempt to prep for it that week 4 is the "drop out week." I think, knowing that, geared me up for it. I told myself that I wouldn't push myself beyond any reasonable point (no blacking out for me!) and that at worse, I'd repeat the week. But so far, so good.

Trust the program. It works!
Old 06-03-2010, 11:58 AM   #102  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluCypressLily View Post
I think the biggest challenge for me is mapping routes that aren't too hilly. I live in Seattle, so finding a level route just isn't going to happen unless I want to brave Greenlake which I don't want to do (it's generally overrun with runners, walkers, bikers and skaters). The problem is my neighborhood is comprised of STEEP hills, but I think I've got a route that works for now. I know that as I progress in the program, though, I'm going to have to come up with something else unless I want to just keep going up and down the same street

Which week are you on?
I'm still on week 4, I have one session left of that, then on to crazy week 5. Can you believe that by the end of week 5 you're doing a 20 minute run? Ack!

As far as hills go, I live in a hilly area too and I've discovered something that works for me. There is a church just down the street (quarter mile or so) whose parking lot is mostly flat. And usually empty. By the time I get to it, make sure I go the whole perimeter and some extra laps through the parking lanes, I'm usually pretty close to being done. Do you have anything like that nearby?
Old 06-03-2010, 12:16 PM   #103  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

I know!! I can't decided if I'm more scared/excited/scared You'll have to let us know how it goes.

That's a great idea! I can go to the zoo! It's a low incline on the way there, but no more so than the route I've been running now and it's got a huge parking lot. I will have to try that out. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold32 View Post
I'm still on week 4, I have one session left of that, then on to crazy week 5. Can you believe that by the end of week 5 you're doing a 20 minute run? Ack!

As far as hills go, I live in a hilly area too and I've discovered something that works for me. There is a church just down the street (quarter mile or so) whose parking lot is mostly flat. And usually empty. By the time I get to it, make sure I go the whole perimeter and some extra laps through the parking lanes, I'm usually pretty close to being done. Do you have anything like that nearby?
Old 06-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #104  

How is everyone doing? I am STILL one week one. lol I decided to do it just one more week so I can feel confident that my knees are ok to move on to week 2. Week one is getting pretty easy now. I start to get lost in the music and forget how long I had been running... I know it's only 60 seconds but usually I am watching the clock!

I hope you are all doing well!!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #105  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

I've kinda taken a break from it. I started p90x 2 weeks ago and I have been so sore, Ive been taking walks in C25K place though, so at I'm at least getting out there and moving.
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote