Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-25-2010, 01:51 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil View Post
Look at all the runners!! YAY!! Keep it up ladies!! =)
Thanks! I don't know if you can call me a runner yet though. I'm more of a granny-shuffler.

Ladies, all I can say is that this program is kicking my butt. But every time I've told myself "I don't know if I can make it through this next session" I do. It works. 3 weeks ago I struggled to do 60 seconds of jogging, now I can make it 3 minutes straight. Building stamina and strength is like watching the pounds/inches drop- slow, difficult, but SO WORTH IT!
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:55 PM   #77  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

S/C/G: 342/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I know what you mean about not having a workout partner--I started C25K too and it would be nice to have someone to run with. All of my friends are flaky though, so I guess it's for the best--the only thing worse than not having a workout partner when you want one is having one who is constantly late, doesn't want to try hard when they show up, or is a chronic cancel-er
I live in Seattle and have even tried group workout buddies on sites like Meetup, etc and even those folks are flaky, lol.
BluCypressLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:10 PM   #78  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm doing good! Today is my C25K day and I'm not sure if my boyfriend is going to join today, his ankle has been bothering him (back of his ankle has a raw spot lol poor guy). It also looks like it may rain but I'll be sure to bundle up!
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:18 PM   #79  
155LBS LOST

Did my C25K today WITH my boyfriend. His ankle is feeling a bit better now. I extended my run from 30sec to 40-45sec and haven't had any back pain so far. Maybe I'll just slowly up it like this until I can run that full minute without back issues popping up.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:01 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 234/222.6/170

Height: 5'6

I want to do this, but I have to do it on the treadmill but I always have trouble getting up to a jogging speed on the treadmill in the past. So I tried yesterday to get up to a jog at the gym and I did, for about a minute, then I was beat so I had to cut the cardio early but I did it. At about a 4.8 speed. So I think I'll start this when I get back home after my little vacation this weekend. Woo!

As I started to jog, my boyfriend who was on the treadmill next to me, just looked at me like I was nuts. haha
StuffedBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Yay, glad to hear you are doing well with your training. I missed my work out yesterday and I had no good reason that I missed it so I am feeling guilty today and I will be walking home from work to make up a bit of my missed workout. Hopefully I can squeeze in a workout tonight but I wont hold my breath since it's dinner night with friends. But I am prepared for an extra hard workout on Thursday!!
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:23 AM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuffedBunny View Post
I want to do this, but I have to do it on the treadmill but I always have trouble getting up to a jogging speed on the treadmill in the past. So I tried yesterday to get up to a jog at the gym and I did, for about a minute, then I was beat so I had to cut the cardio early but I did it. At about a 4.8 speed. So I think I'll start this when I get back home after my little vacation this weekend. Woo!

As I started to jog, my boyfriend who was on the treadmill next to me, just looked at me like I was nuts. haha
Hey bunny, I am also doing the treadmill thing. The one I use has the touch button to change the speed. I have the hardest time actually hitting the button when I am trying to slow down so I end up running a little longer than I would if I weren't on a treadmill so I guess that is the up side (kind of). I have a hard time running for a minute too. By about the 3rd interval I feel like I might not make it the full 60 seconds but I do. I end up with a lot of foot, ankle and knee pains but I am starting to realize how quickly the pain recedes once I go back to walking. I also like that the treadmill keeps my pace up. I don't have to worry about slowing down. I have been keeping about a 4.6-4.9 pace. I don't want to over do it because I have before and I don't want to give up this time!
Old 05-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayNicole View Post
. By about the 3rd interval I feel like I might not make it the full 60 seconds but I do. I end up with a lot of foot, ankle and knee pains but I am starting to realize how quickly the pain recedes once I go back to walking.
That's exactly how it is for me. I keep telling myself I'm not going to make it, but then I do. Some days are harder than others, but I always make it. THAT is a WONDERFUL feeling. I can't tell you how many times in my life I have failed at things related to physical ability, unable to do some sort of task that everyone else can. Story upon story....

Anyway, I have had a bit of knee/ankle/hip pain, but it is mild and passes quickly. I figure until it is more than just an occasional discomfort, I'll assume it's my body adjusting to a new way of moving. I hope the rest of you aren't experiencing any serious problems.
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:53 AM   #84  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

I did my first run in the rain yesterday. It wasn't too bad once I got out there. I live in Seattle, so I decided that rain couldn't be a reason for me not to run, otherwise I'd only ever run in the summer
I was worried about slipping too and definitely took it slower and was more careful than normal. But, all in all, it was a good experience. I do need to invest in a ballcap of some sort, though--I wore a hooded windbreaker, but the hood kept interfering with my vision. And, of course, I looked like a loon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold32 View Post
Thankfully, I haven't had to run in the rain yet. Don't get me wrong, I think it would be fun. If I wasn't worried about 1) slipping and 2) ruining my new running shoes. I know they dry out, but I'd worry that I ruined some integrity out of them or something.... So when the day comes that I must run in the rain, I might pick an old pair. Even though that is also a no-no.... *sigh* so many rules. It will all be worth it though!!!

Have fun and be safe in the rain!

Last edited by BluCypressLily; 05-27-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #85  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

Lol, this made me laugh...welcome to spring in Washington! Just wait til it's sunny, hailing, raining AND snowing at the same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennieLovesKisses View Post
Thats okay KayNicole, you can think of it as a rest day! haha thats what I do when I miss a workout.

I almost didn't going running today do to the bad weather. Boyfriend and I got ready and it started hailing which then turned to POURING rain...we had said we wouldn't run since we didn't want to get sick from it being freezing out so we went upstairs to watch a movie instead (I had gotten in a short pilates workout earlier in the day and figured I'd do a 30DS later), but after about 15mins of relaxing together the sun came out. We both laughed and said "lets do this before it decides to start snowing...lol" Crazy Washington weather! So we ended up getting the 25min in using the same schedule I used on Tuesday. Depending on the weather on Saturday I may just want to take another 3-4mile walk.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #86  

I am falling behind! I know I already mentioned that I missed my Tue. workout and I had planned on walking home from work yesterday to kind of make up for it a little. Well my husband ended up calling me at work and said he would be picking me up. I need to quit letting him interfere with my weight loss plans! LOL Anyway I am up 3 lbs this morning! I hate those big jumps in one day in the wrong direction but it has really motivated me to do I big workout today! Treadmill here I come!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #87  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

Hi everybody!!
I am back from vacation. I was able to run three times. Twice in the gym at the hotel... (very busy-- I felt people stare at me, I hate that!! But I kept going.) And then once with my cousin-- my super fit cousin!! She wanted to do a 2.75 trail and I was concerned... it even had hills, UGH!! But I kept up (intervals) until the last couple minutes. I HAD to walk. She tried to cheer me into running again but I just couldn't... I felt like a failure but after we talked about it I realized she has been running WAY longer than me (DUH!) so I needed to be gentle with my ego & body!!

How is everybody doing?? JennieLovesKisses- how's your body feeling- weren't you having back issues?
Veil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #88  
155LBS LOST

Hey! I'm doing good. I was doing 30min runs, 2 min walks...I just upped that last week to 40-45min runs, 2 min walks and my back is feeling just fine and I can tell my body is starting to get stronger. Today is suppose to be my C25K day, but I can tell I'm starting to get sick...everyone is here. So I'm trying to decide if I want to go outside yet or not.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #89  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

Jennie- YAY for feeling stronger!! Maybe up your vitamins if you are feeling icky? Keep up the great work!! I am happy for you!!
Veil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:13 PM   #90  

Congrats on sticking with it while on vacation! I hate working out with fit people. I hate holding people back. I didn't have the greatest weekend. I did really well on Friday by walking home from work and doing my c25k training when I got home but Sat-Mon I was stuck inside with allergies so I did DVDs instead of my c25k training. I was being lazy. I had the worst allergy attack I have ever had but I still shouldn't have let it get in the way.