Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-07-2008, 06:41 PM   #61  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

After doing some research yesterday, I learned of a technique i am trying. That is to take a break from exercise and low cal eating for about 5 days. Give the ole body a good rest. Then Pick up the exercise and lower the calories again. Since nothing else seems to be working, I am giving it a shot. today is day 3 with no workout and I have just been eating and not counting. I haven't gone crazy, but certainly not 1200 calories either. We'll see how it goes.

Today I was down a wee tad little bit. 199.8
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Pretty Paula-Try some fiber. I have that problem constantly. I don't know if you have this over in the UK or not but it's a powder called Miralax. It is an all natural powder that you can mix in with Orange Juice and it helps you go. It is a lot more gentle than a laxative or stool softener. It used to be a doctor prescribed prescription over here until about last year and was prescribed to me by my doctor which is why I recommend it to others only. Hope you feel better.

Mtiger-Sounds interesting. What technique is that called? What kind of research did you do? Just curious.

have a great night.

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 12-07-2008 at 07:29 PM.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:34 PM   #63  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Pretty paula : I'm sure you've tried everything... but how about a big stirfry of veggies? When i guzzle water and eat loads of veggies, it usually helps me

Well i got 1 hour of exercise done today.. on to house number 2! i'm on a roll!!
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #64  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HEY TEAM RUDOLPH

Things are not going well in the loss dept.!....dang!

Still up 2 pounds from the start of this thread....

The party was fun last night...

Limited myself to a small amount of appetizers....only 4 beers on the entire day ...which was almost impossible with a party and the USC game....

Had the sea bass choice for dinner which was very good!....caesar salad..... Angie and I got the 2 different choices of salad and we shared....I did have a few samples of the deserts...lemon.....chocolate and berry somethings.

Tonight was our monthly family get together, this time at my ex-wife's and her insignificant other's house....taco bar night....probably not a good thing for my weight loss guarantee!

PAULA ~EGGS!!!!!

FAUXTINI ~ go for more hours!!

MINDY ~I hope your plan works!

BRAT ~You are in my prayers that you conquer this "sick" thing!

IRIS ~Teach me how to ration my beer

DRINA ~ YIPEE! for that 3 pound loss!

J-311 ~Now that is what I call dedicated! 4am to sew for your kiddo....how cool is that?!

KAT ~WOW! You are having a full schedule for the season! Hang in there kiddo

SWEETCURVES ~Keep droppin' those pounds!

CAKES ~Hug a soldier for me!

MRS.AUGIE ~I hope there was no gain over the week-end

CAREY ~I hope all is well

HAVE A GREAT WEEK TEAM!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:04 PM   #65  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Thanks, EZ.

Today wasn't bad. I got my new iPhone, picked up my room, put tons of stuff in storage, hung out with my friends and managed to get by only eating a salad, pasta, cheese sammie, and sweet tea and water all day. Oh and a snack pack pudding cup.

I'm totally satisfied, just tired from the lack of sleep. And from the excitement of the phone!
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:10 AM   #66  

So I've officially changed over to Fitday and cancelled my weight watchers membership. I've noticed that the more successful members on here do that or something like that faithfully everyday. It was driving me crazy counting points. I kept wanting to know the calories and etc. I just do much better on calorie counting and last summer proved that. I just have to be strict with it. It just doesn't work for me and I only joined because my mom was kind of pressuring me to do so and "do it with her" which that never happened. I gave it a try but really calorie counting is more practical for me and so much easier. All I have to do is look at the back of something in my pantry like canned beans for example and not run to the computer and look it up on the WW website which gets tiring. So my calories for today was almost 2500 yikes. That number seems so much more indicative and eye opening of how I am eating than points. So back on the wagon! I should have never messed with a successful thing that I was just getting the hang of this past summer. Oh well live and learn. I know what works for MY body now and I'll stick to it even if I get people not being so supportive of it.

Jeannette-Sounds like you had fun today! And that is so awesome you did that for your kid. I bet they'll love whatever you did.

EZ-Thanks for the prayers. I could use them since I am about to start being docked pay unfortunately due to me using up my last 1/2 of a sick day tomorrow staying home and resting. I have no idea what I am going to do on Tuesday if I am still this sick. I guess stay home. Don't really have a choice since I am tired of spending close to $200 a month in drs visits and meds. Sure have been downing lots of Vitamin C and Airborne. Does your wife have any tips?

I'm off to bed. Have a good night
Old 12-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #67  
Doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebritbrat17 View Post

Jeannette-Sounds like you had fun today! And that is so awesome you did that for your kid. I bet they'll love whatever you did.
Thanks! She'd better!!!!

And I hope you feel better! Being sick sucks.

Today was a terrible day for eating! Junk food ALL DAY. I'm about to fill up on water and tea. I'm so disappointed in myself. And my boyfriend is being so supportive of me...and here I am just sabotaging everything.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:07 PM   #68  

Well today has been better calorie wise only had 995 calories so far today. I got an email from WW asking exactly why I was cancelling my membership and was asked to fill out a survey and I just put down that I didn't feel like it was the right plan for me. I've not had that much of an appetite either. Just so extremely thirsty and just keep chugging water. I had an OB yearly appointment that had been scheduled since last year and had to go to that today and then I got the bright idea to go stand in line at my school to get my money back for the books I had bought for this semester. Got back $62 dollars but that just wore me out. So I went home and took the dog out then ate lunch then crashed for 3 hours which I just woke up from. My fever's back and I'm exhausted still. Sigh! So I don't know if I'll be making it to work tomorrow either now and I've still got my final to study for that is tomorrow night. The one good thing is that I can breathe again. So I am getting better just not as fast as I want to. Trying to see something in a positive light here. :-) I did ask for a referral to a nutritionist and my OB was very enthusiastic about it and we talked a couple of minutes about it and what I was changing in my lifestyle and she said that I was on the right track. So we'll see if that is something affordable for me since she recommended one that is at the local hospital. If not then I'll just do the research on my own.

Anyways have a great day all!
Old 12-08-2008, 07:25 PM   #69  
Doing it.

I'm in a psycho pissy mood (thanks to drama at work and then a stalker person on facebook) so I'm going to go work out tonight when Cella is in bed.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:12 PM   #70  

J-311-Sorry you've had a bad day! Enjoy your workout and hopefully that will relieve some stress for ya.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #71  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Brit- I went to the resistance thread and looked up some of their articles. That led me to the information about taking a break. It just said, if weight loss has stalled (plateau), then take 5 days off from working out and up your calories. then after 5 days, slowly work back into exercise and gradually lower the calories. The workout part was intended for people who are working out everyday, like me.

I'll be sure to let you know if it works.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:33 PM   #72  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Well I swung the scale down a pound today!

J-311 ~ Be careful!

BRAT ~ YOU TOO! Stay on top of this!! You have to get better.

MINDY ~ Keeping with the good luck thought here.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:07 PM   #73  
Doing it.

Thanks, Brit! I only did 30 minutes but I feel better already!

EZ~ Believe me, I will be!
Old 12-08-2008, 11:11 PM   #74  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Yay for the one pound down, EZ! woo hooo!

I didn't exercise today i think my body needed it. im ready to get right back into it tomorrow.

i have a busy week this week. It's weird how busy days I seem to find time to exercise.. but lazy days.. i just dont do ANYTHING! hehe
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:50 PM   #75  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Finally made my Christmas ticker move!!! Only took 10 days to get it to move haha. Had a good workout today and ate sensibly, so I am hoping to keep it up all week and lose 2. My goal was 176 by Dec 13th (for TBL challenge) so I think I can have a 2 pound loss this week no problem. As for my Christmas goal, well who knows. I have been known to pull some miracles out of nowhere
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote