Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 11:57 PM   #31  
Empress/Queen

Talking Streak Snafu, Crone Starts Anew!

Finished eating (hopefully) at 3180 calories. Obviously, I'm calling this a splurge day!

Something just happened to my food resolve. I keep thinking about that job I'm obviously not going to get and eating more stuff. This is not a good trend at all, but I'm sure it's all under control now. (If you believe that, I have this bridge ...)

Exercise was good: 60 minutes of jogwalking a.m., 30 minutes of fitness walking p.m.

I am addicted to the Olympics and I'm so sad it's almost over. Probably won't watch T.V. again for years! It's not my favorite thing to do, but it's been fun.

I think I need to get a life!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 02-20-2002 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-21-2002, 09:26 AM   #32  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking Good Morning all......

Hi Ladies. I can't tell you how tired I am from watching the Olympics every night....they are so riveting!! Last night watching Apolo Ohno on the short track, and the skeleton with Shea....all the excitement and very little sleep!! Every night I say...I must go to bed, and before you know it......its 11:30 again!! I have a bit of a routine, when I snuggle down to watch them at night, I bring my 1 litre of water and my chocolate ww's smoothie. And thats it....I don't move for the night..(well, except for the quick bathroom breaks)..Ha!! the olympics have all but eliminated my night time snacking!! NOW THATS A GREAT PLAN. Hope all of you are enjoying the games....tonight is Michelle Kwan and the ladies free skate. Hopefully I'll get some sleep soon. take care
Old 02-21-2002, 12:21 PM   #33  
Empress/Queen

Angry Day One Fun!

Top o' the mornin'! I'm doing great halfway through day one of my new streak. Did a 10-minute fast walk & 30 minutes of weights & pilates. Eating under control.

Angel-Eyes: I like your Olympic plan. Yesterday I actually jogged in place during Apollo's whole race and some of the other stuff. I love the skeleton sled races, too. I didn't know it had been 54 years since it was an Olympic sport. Thought I'd seen it in there when I was a kid, but obviously not. No power on earth would make me slide down that ice tunnel on a little board like that.

Angel-Eyes' Goal: Lose 8
JoJoJo2's Goal: Maintain
Joshie's Mommy's Goal: Lose 9
Joanie's Goal: Lose 11
Crone's Goal: Lose 10, 9 to go
Sheila's Goal: Lose 10
Momto2Boys' Goal: Lose 8
Hockeychic's Goal: Lose 7, 6 to go
Babette: Lose 10, 7 to go

ONWARD & DOWNWARD, LOVELY LEPRECHAUN LASSES!

Old 02-21-2002, 01:49 PM   #34  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Me too. Day 1 -- here goes!

After a few unplanned snacks yesterday and then a big dinner, I felt stuffed. And, of course, realized that I was not going to lose weight that way. I know what I have to do to succeed, and I am going to do it. So I hereby commit to:

eat only at the table when I'm alone
eating only when I'm hungry
exercising every day
drinking at least 64 oz water every day
severely limiting sugar & processed foods
eat at least 6 fruit & veg servings a day

I'm not sure if I will journal & count points or not. I guess I'll see how this works out and decide on that basis. I really like the idea of making this a more natural process.

I had a little victory today -- I went to lunch with my Mom & a sister. I wasn't terribly hungry, but usually would have had something fairly substantial in any case. Today, though, I decided to just have a Greek salad (not a lot of feta or oil on it). It's a LONG time since I did anything like that and I can tell you it feels pretty good. I may have a bowl of soup later if I am hungry before dinner.

Crone, I love it that we're starting a new streak the same day, esp. since you are the streak queen! I'm going to try very hard to keep up with you

Love to All.

xo
babette
Old 02-21-2002, 10:39 PM   #35  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wink Hello...

Good for you Babette!! Isn't it nice to be able to order well and what you're really hungry for? So nice to hear that you didn't feel pressured into ordering something you might later regret. Way to go!!

Well today was just a glorious day.....lots of sunshine and absolutely beautiful outside. It was so nice to sit outside and read. Since moving to NC, I now have the opportunity of staying home with my children. Thats the plus side, is spending more time with them....the down side is that the fridge often calls my name all day. I can't get used to that.....so I've been really watching that, and if I need a snack I try to let it be a 0-1 pt snack or a piece of fruit. WW's is a really easy program to follow and hopefully I will do well on my weighin on Saturday. Last week was terrible as I went out for dinner Friday night. My points allowed me quite alot of leeway, but I think the sodium just did me in!! Hope everyone is having a great week so far....TGIF..YEAH!!
Old 02-22-2002, 06:33 AM   #36  
We can do this..and will!

Default Biggest Loser Again!!!

Hey Gang....I am going to try this a second time

I lost a post....I attempted to cut/paste totals and edit mine in....It just isn't happening for me....one of you computer wizzes is going to have to do that for me! I went to my WW meeting and I am down 18.6 pounds!!!! I lost 4.4 this week....making me only have 6.6 more to go to reach my 11 pound Patty's day pledge....I can do this!!!!

Have a great day....Jh
Old 02-22-2002, 07:48 AM   #37  

Angry Good Morning All!

Perfectly OP day yesterday:

eat only at the table when I'm alone
eating only when I'm hungry
exercising every day
drinking at least 64 oz water every day
severely limiting sugar & processed foods
eat at least 6 fruit & veg servings a day

Did all of these and had absolutely NO sugar or processed food. I feel a little moody today, but I will just do that -- continue to feel moody. It's not like eating more than I need ever made me feel better, anyway....

Joanie 4.4 more off! Congrats! And 18.6 off since you (re)started - FABULOUS!!!

Here are the new stats:

Joshie's Mommy's Goal: Lose 9
Joanie's Goal: Lose 11, 6.6 to go

Angel, being at home can really wreak havoc, can't it. It's all my time at home alone that made me set the limits that I have, seems like the only way I really have control. One day down with it, too.

Everyone: let's go out and make this a wonderful day!

Love to all,

babette
Old 02-22-2002, 08:45 AM   #38  

Happy Friday everyone! Wow, lots of posts I had to catch up on & several from today already, and it's only 7:30 here!

Let me say CONGRATS to Joanie...4.4 down...good for you!!!

I weighed in this morning & was down 4 pounds...HOORAY!!! So that leaves 5 to go for my pledge...I can do this!

I've been growing really frustrated by the fact that this is such a SLOW process...I want this weight off NOW! I keep reminding myself that I didn't put it on overnight & it won't come off that way either but it's still a struggle...

I made tacos for supper last night...I don't usually cook on weekends so I try to make something on Thursday night that I can eat the leftovers during the weekend...anyways...don't know if I wanna do that this time...I had a taco salad last night with the lowfat Doritos, ff sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, & meat,...but it gave me the WORST heartburn I have ever had in my life...felt like I was gonna die! I'm not sure if I just ate too much or if it had something to do with the fact that I skipped my usual nightly walk to go see Poppa or what...but I know I'm not in any hurry to repeat THAT!!! Maybe I'll let the DH have the leftovers this
time...

Anyway...I need to run & get to work...Have a great weekend ladies!

Staci
268/245/130ish???
Old 02-22-2002, 09:27 PM   #39  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 2, A Woo ...

... but not a Hoo! Woke up to a flood today; pipe burst. Things went downhill after that, but I'm on top of it all now! Kind of. Sort of. Finishing calories at 1910. Exercise was 20 minutes of jogging in the a.m., the rest of the time it was cleaning and fixing the house after fixing pipe. Resting tonight.

Congratulations to Lovely "Loser" Leprechaun Lasses Joanie and Joshie's Mommy and to all who are staying OP!

Another update:

Joshie's Mommy's Goal: Lose 9, 5 to go

Joshie's Mommy: I don't see four pounds down in a week as slow! You are doing fab and you have all the time in the world, so enjoy!

Babette: Looks like you are very focused. It IS neat to start a streak on the same day as you. I'm going to try even harder not to break it.

Angel Eyes: It is beautiful here, too. I also have trouble staying away from calories since working at home. But then I have trouble staying away from them when I have jobs in newsrooms, too. So I think there's no help for me. I have the most control when I'm outside, though. I always feel better outside than in.

Downward, ever downward!

Old 02-23-2002, 09:11 AM   #40  
We can do this..and will!

Default Just for today

Hey gang, I got attacked by cheese dip last night....I stayed within my points, but I was still mad at my weakened self....so, I am here to tell you that I am going to be perfect today...Lot's of salad, water, veggies, exercise...somehow if I write it, I'll do it...so, Join me!!!! Have a good weekend! Jh
Old 02-23-2002, 10:41 AM   #41  

Angry couldn't resist making it Post # 40

Made it through Streak Day 2! I did have a couple of glasses of wine last night and pizza with white flour crust, but those sorts of aberrations are part of the deal, as long as that's what they are and not something that happens frequently.

I'm really getting into the "not eating other than at the table when I'm alone" and "only eating when I'm hungry" parts of my plan. I'm sure that they saved me a thousand calories -- probably more! -- just in the past couple of days.

My triumph yesterday was forgoing pie and ice cream My son was here for lunch and i got him a big piece of a pie that my mom had brought over (Thanks, Mom! ). I thought briefly of joining him, but thought "i am NOT hungry" and left it alone. And it didn't even bother me. Then, I didn't pick at cheese & etc while I was preparing dinner. This really begins to feel like freedom, and power.

My weight has bounced back up again, but I'm holding on, hoping it drops again in time for Monday weigh-in. More (glug, slosh) water, please!

Crone Sorry about your flood. Hope that there wasn't any damage to your house. Congrats on staying OP and not floating away on vanilla shakes, though.

Staci, I agree. 4.4 pounds is FAST! In my books, that WOULD be considered overnight. You GO Girl!

Joanie Darn that cheese dip! But if you're within your points, don't worry about it!

Okay, Troops... Let's make this a perfect day!

xo
babette
Old 02-23-2002, 11:22 AM   #42  
Empress/Queen

Default Day Three

Top o' The Morning Lovely Leaping Leprechaun Loser Lasses! I've been motivating myself this morning reading all of your posts. Everyone is doing so well, including me! I am reforming my eating one meal at time.

I have to run away now to the Emerald City where the Wizard of Oz will grant all my dietary management wishes, 'cause he's like that! I wonder if everyone in the Emerald City was Irish? Anyhow, have a great OP Saturday everyone.

Joshie's Mommy's Goal: Lose 9, 5 to go
Old 02-23-2002, 03:42 PM   #43  
One day at a time

Default HELLO

afternoon all,

I had to work midnight lastnight so I slept most of the day, the good part is I can't eat while I sleep. The bad news is I work in a gas station and I'm surrounded by food all night. But I was good. Yesterday completed a 12 day streak so far. can't wait to weigh in on monday.

well I'm gonna go get some exercise in. My sister has my 4 year old and they'll be here soon (along with my neice) They should give me enough exercise for a week.

sheila
Old 02-24-2002, 12:07 AM   #44  
Empress/Queen

Top o' the evening, Leprechaun Losers!

I had a brief lapse and bought FOUR boxes of my favorite ice cream bars but only ate the crunchy cereal coating (no chocolate) off of six of the bars. I threw the rest out the door with a pile of rags from the big flood. I really need to clean up that pile before daylight so the neighbors don't wonder why there are boxes of ice cream bars with the rest of the mess!

CONGRATULATIONS, SHEILA, ON A 12-DAY STREAK! It's really an accomplishment to refrain from eating convenience food when it is all around you and you are working at night. Working late is the single highest contributing factor to my overeating, so I admire you.
Old 02-24-2002, 08:13 AM   #45  

Angry 3 days down

I've maintained my new behaviour for 3 days - Yay me! I did have a couple of bites of an apple standing sole in my kitchen, but I had just forgotten that was verboten, so I didn't count it as going off-streak. I still was in the proper mindset (if it had been something unhealthy it might have been a different story).

Gotta scoot. End of month deadlines

Let's make this a fabulous day, Everyone!

xo
babette
Closed Thread