UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:55 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5ft

Hi Clareh and Katie

Thanks to both of you for your encouragement, I didn't give in and feel much happier again today.

Katie, I need to lose at least another 7 stone but someone in my group only needed to lose about 3 and we both managed a stone in a fortnight so I am pretty sure that as long as you stick to it you will have good results. I didn't feel funny at all. On day 4, I did get a bit of a headache but drank more water and it went quite quickly. I thought I would feel shaky and weak but was fine, I did make sure I had a pretty clear first week though with nothing much planned so that probably helped. So far its been very positive and 100 times easier than I thought it would be. Last night was the first time I had a problem and that was because I was cutting recipes out of old WW magazines (to use when I finish the program) before throwing them away so I got food back into my head!

Clareh, after saying that, I hate cooking so dont have that problem. However I am doing LL from an all or nothing point of view - I was desperate enough to lose weight that I would try anything and am glad I did. Most of the people in my group are actually cooking more now for the rest of their family, but are more interested in heathy cooking than before so this would not necessarily be a problem for you.

I already feel empowered that my days are no longer controlled by food, I'm sure other people on this thread would probably agree.

Hope that helps.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

Helen I'm glad you're feeling so well on it. I managed to get an appointment for Monday with the nurse so hopefully she'll sign my form then - I spoke to the LL counsellor and she said she's only due to start a class a week on Wednesday but that I can start on the programme as from the day I get the form signed!!!

Glad to know that you didn't feel so bad when you started it, I travel 35 miles each way to work and was dreading feeling rotten during rush hour traffic as well as during work itself, I do have some leave I can take but as we're almost at the end of the financial year it's a busy time for me.

I'll keep you posted as to how I get on and please keep me posted on how you're going

Katie
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:29 PM   #153  

Hi Katie

Lost another 3lb this week. probably would have been more but I have been told to drastically increase my water intake and had already had a litre before being weighed which accounts for about an additional 2lb. Still happy though!

Good luck for tomorrow.

Let us know how you get on.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:10 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

Hi

Well done, that's another good loss - you're doing really well. I did read that it's important that you drink enough water so keep on supping

I went to the doctors today and she signed my form (hurray) so I've spoken to the counsellor and she has a group starting next week but is letting me start tonight. My only problem is that it's the birthday of a girl who works for me tomorrow and everyone is going out to lunch so I'm not sure whether to start on Friday instead as that way I won't have to explain to about 20 people as to why I'm not eating anything. I'm really looking forward to starting it properly though and even more so to losing some weight

Katie
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:00 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Good luck Katie and Arwen. Two little shorties like myself!!!

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:59 PM   #156  

Thanks Michelle!

How did you get on Katie?

Weigh in today showed another 4lb off. Thats 21lb in 4 weeks! I am really pleased and it is getting easier.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:38 PM   #157  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
Thanks Michelle!

How did you get on Katie?

Weigh in today showed another 4lb off. Thats 21lb in 4 weeks! I am really pleased and it is getting easier.
OMG that is excellent. How did you do that?

BTW I have no idea what lighterlife is.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:01 PM   #158  

Hi

Lighter life is a meal replacements diet with counselling. I think we are on 500 calories a day. It is expensive but worth while. It really works. Another 2lb off this week so 24lb now in 5 weeks. www.lighterlife.com may give you more info, not sure if its available outside the UK.

Katie how did you get on?
Old 04-02-2007, 07:43 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 248/209/147

Height: 5'5"

Wink Hi!

I've just joined and did a LL search and found all of you! I've been doing Lighterlife for about 10 weeks and I've lost 39 lbs so far - got another 4 stone to go. I've actually found it really easy some weeks and really difficult others but I'm aware that the group will be splitting up soon so I was looking for anyone else that's going through it.

Oh and how do you get those brilliant weight charts on the bottom of your posts - they're great!

Emma
RowanMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:01 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 266/208/140

Height: 5 ft 4 in

This thread doesnt seem to be updated too often. Hopefully by adding to it maybe some people who have posted before will let us know how they are getting on on Lighterlife?

I started today! Have had my first shake this morning and am looking forward to my soup for lunch. Drinking lots of water and feel fine.

Have already lost some weight thru low cal/low fat/ excercise but in the last few months have stuck. Keep losing and putting back on the same stone. Determined to do it this time, and want to do it quickly.

Please keep posting with your results all you LL people! We all need to support each other in our days of starvation!! lol

katie1407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:18 AM   #161  

No one else seems to be posting but I'll still keep anyone who's viewing up to date.
First week of Lighterlife went well. I stuck to it rigidly, which was quite hard at times. I'm cabin crew and it was really difficult when I was away. Sat in the Cheescake Factory in Los Angeles with a fizzy water while everyone else was eating and drinking! My reward?...A lousy 3 lbs off!! To say I was devastated is putting it mildly!
Counsellor said it would be because of water retention..its my time of the month, plus I had just got home the day before and flying retains water too. Of course I got home, slammed about the house, cried, ate some toast and a chocolate biccie, but then decided I had to just get on with it. Feed guilty about eating, but nothing I can do about that now. At least it was a one off.
Wish me luck for this week. x
Old 05-02-2007, 09:42 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Next week all that fluid will be gone Katie.

Good luck

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:33 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 236/236/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm curious about lighter life, as i really struggle to lose weight think I could be doing with being told what to do and being able to talk to someone about it. I saw someone mention that it was expensive can someone give me an idea on how expensive as I can't find that on the website. Thanks
fee2482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:08 PM   #164  

Default New Lighter Life starter----help me!

HI there, I'm completely new to this and am really struggling with staying off food. I started last Monday 30th April 2007 and when i went for my first weigh in on fri (yesterday) I had lost 8lbs, wheni weighed myself this morning that was 11lbs, + 2lbs i lost the week before when i cut down to prepare but i am finding the foodpacks unbearable.
I could do with a bit of support or advice from fellow dieters really, i would also be happy to offer my own support to anyone else.
x x
RayRay23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:22 AM   #165  

Fee.. LL is £66 a week. But remember this is all your food for the week. You wont be eating anything else so deduct what you would usually spend on yourself on food, snacks etc. It also includes a 2 hour counselling session every week, which helps with motivation and trying to find out why you eat so much in the first place.
ps.. I'm in Scotland too.

Rayray...have you tried all the soups and shakes? I dont think they are too bad. I put a little pepper in the soups and add lots of ice to the shakes. Try heating the bars up in the micro for 15-20 secs then eating them with a spoon. Makes you feel you are actually eating a dessert! Have seen someone advertising on ebay for a recipe sheet to use with shakes but dont know whats in it.
Weigh in for me tonight. Have sneakily weighed myself at home. Dont think loss is going to be massive, but anything is good. Let you know.