UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:33 AM   #136  

Ive been on lighterlife for just over 100 days, I stayed strong until day 97 then went on a 2 day bender, I then went strong for 10 days but was in a hotel away from home, stressed out as anything and have been eating for 2 days - I thought I was being sensible by eating only protien - aka Atkins style, but I really feel like Ive put on weight - my face is bloated, I can feel my stomach bulging.

I guess its back to Lighterlife today, does anyone know how long it will take me to get back into Ketosis?

It really bugs me that the girls in my group cheat every week and still stay in ketosis and lose weight. The week I cheated I put on 2 lbs.
I really so depressed right now. Ive lost a total of 45lbs or so and have another 20 or so to go.
Pizzamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:20 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 236/216/147

Height: 5'8"

Pizzamonkey your name makes me smile

I've always found it takes me between 2-4 days to get back into strong ketosis. But if you've been eating mainly protein you should have a head start on that.

45lbs and you're depressed? You're doing AMAZING. So amazing. And 20 more to go is so not a lot; I can't wait to get that near. Well done. You've come so far, you've got to see it through now

Bex - how was weigh-in? Mine's tomorrow. Struggling a lot with water and still feeling down but hanging in there at this end.
CazF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:43 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 238/196/169

Height: 5ft 8"

Hello PizzaMonkey - nice to hear from another fellow LL person. You have done amazingly so don't let your 2 dayer get you down; just brush it under the carpet and get back on track and you will be fine

Hiya Caz!, so please with my weightloss but weird last week I didn't lose anything??? I did more exercise than I have done since I have been on the program however I failed to drink more than 2 ltrs of water a day so my councellor thinks that can be the only reason why I have stayed the same weight for the first time in the 100 days! it was my last weighin of the 100 days so I was pretty disappointed. I have decided that although I am not a skinny mini - although I would not want to be always to have some curves. So I have almost completed week 1 of maintenance (my councellor said that it common for people to lose an additional 1/2 stone on maintenance (fingers crossed I am one of the common people ) However I have to say that although I am really enjoying the food and it does fill me up, I am so totally paranoid about putting on any weight - knowing how my body just has to look at something tasty in order to gain weight it is a very scary prospect!

My weigh-ins have changed now to 8.30 on a Wednesday which makes it a long day as I go straight from work and I wont get home until 10.20pm....So fingers crossed for tomorrow that there is no weight gain and a possible weight loss to catch up on the absence of it last week. I have been better with my water this week averaging about 4 ltrs so that better make a difference (strange the first 2/3 of the program I was having no issue drinking 5 ltrs a day!)

Good luck ladies

Bex
x
Bexstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:41 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 246/240/147

Height: 5' 5

Hi everyone!

Googled lighter life and found this site with all your amazing stories-WOW. I'm just nearing the end of my third day on lighter life. I can't honestly say I'm hungry but I am finding it difficult-thinking about food a lot! Please say that is normal and it will pass??? I am really determined, I'm tired of making excuses, have obviously tried every diet known to man so HERE GOES! Reading all of your entries has really inspired me, hope I can have as much success. Fingers crossed!
jo79sop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:51 AM   #140  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Hi jo79sop and

I'm not a Lighter Life person but I thought I'd welcome you to 3FC so you didn't think anyone had ignored your post.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:10 AM   #141  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hello jo79sop........come and join us in our December chat time too....most people post there, even if it has nothing to do with weight, we all just have a agood old natter about life as well
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:26 AM   #142  

Hi

I haven't posted on 3FC's for a long time, but just wanted to show my support to all you LLers I'm an ex-Cambridge dieter (like LL), lost 8 stone and have maintained for 17 months.

Well done for all your weightlosses to date and good luck on the rest of your journeys

Last edited by MistyRain; 12-09-2006 at 01:56 PM.
MistyRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:52 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 238/196/169

Height: 5ft 8"

Hello people

I haven't been on line for a while - been away etc. Have some great news that although I did not lose weight in my last week of of my 100 days program however after 1 week on maintenance I made up for it and lost 5.5lbs! extremely happy that I have gone over my goal (that I thought was not achievable if I am completely honest!) but for those of you on the program in 107 days I lost 5 stone and a couple of pounds!!!!!!! Certainly worth every day that I spent on the program I am a new confident woman and no longer have complete strops when out clothes shopping!

was feeling a little worried after a weeks trip in Vegas, although I tried to eat as sensibly as possible I also had alcoholic drinks, however I have weighed myself and my weight hasn't changed....got to be the first time ever that I have been away and not gained weight!!
Bexstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:30 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 224/209/175

Height: 5' 11''

Hi! I'm new on here, stumbled in here by accident looking for people who are on the Lighter Life programme, I've been on it for 4 weeks and I'm going all through Christmas on it, I get my 4th weigh in on Saturday 23 Dec but I've already gone down a dress size! Yippeee! I'm getting married in May so I have no intention of coming of this.

Actually I haven't felt this good in years, my skin has cleared up, I've got no more indigestion or IBS but quite scared about going back onto food at the end of this as I feel brilliant at the moment. Okay there are times where I feel like I'm missing out but the benefits far outway that. I look forward to speaking to some of you soon
Dawnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:19 PM   #145  

hello everyone,
i need help, week one of the lighter life programme, need some recipes. love to hear from anyone who can help..
Massive thanks and goodlucks to you all
elaine
lainey27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:48 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 211/211/154

Height: 5ft5"

hello to you all. I was on lighterlife in september last year and did up to week 7, when i stopped doing it for a number of reasons (none very good excuses im afraid). Now i have returned to my LLC... joined a new group..started again.. and am in the middle of week one.. first weigh in on monday. I am amazed and wonderfully happy for those of you who have stuck to this programme and done so well...just hope i can keep the determination going!
Hello elaine.. looks like we will be going through this at about the same stage.. good luck! .. as for recipies..you get a book of recipies from your group. I never used them last time.. maybe i should... it may help with variety
Will post again monday
Becky x
bexley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:20 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

Hi I'm just wondering if someone could give me a bit of info regarding LighterLife. After visiting the LL website I've left a message for my local lighterlife counsellor to contact me and am just wondering as to what will happen when she does. Do you meet up with your counsellor and they then give you a form to take to your doctors or do they just post it out to you - also do you have to see your doctor again after the initial assessment? I'm really hoping to start on this very soon as I am due to go to Poland for a week in 16/17 weeks and it would be good if I could have finished the initial programme before I go.

I appreciate any info that you can give me with this.

Katie
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:04 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5ft

Hi Katie

I am new on this link. Have currently been doing LL for 2 weeks and have lost 1 stone!!!!!! The counsellor will contact you and you will be invited to a meeting where she will explain how it works, costs etc and you will see an introductory DVD which explains about the programme and also interviews people who have successfully lost weight on it. She will also give you a form which you have to get signed by the Doctor and which you have to return to her before you are allowed to start. Every 4 weeks you have to get another, simpler, form signed. I haven't reached that point yet but my Doctor charged me £30 to sign that first letter and my counsellor said I can go to a local chemists to get them to do it instead so it isnt essential that you have to see the same person every time.

There isn't any hard sell at all.

I think its a fantastic programme and am going for me mid-week weigh in tomorrow. After saying that, I am struggling more today than at any other point so any words of encouragement of anyone would be great. Of course you may know all this information now as I saw your message was several days ago. If so, apologies!

Helen
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:15 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Helen, I've just come across your post while browsing as I've intrigued by LL (but not sure it is the answer for me as I enjoy the whole 'experience of eating'- reading recipes, shopping, cooking and of course eating)

You sound really motivated and a stone in a fortnight is fab. I just wanted to drop you a line to say to keep up the good work- it seems there are some really fantastic LL results.
Clareh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:25 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

Helen well done on your loss, you are doing brilliantly I just hope that I can do as well when I get to start.

Via the website I've been contacted by 2 different counsellors as I clicked on them both as locality wise they are both suitable for where I live/work. I need to go to the one who can start me the soonest --- one has sent me the info pack including the form so I've made an appointment to see my doctor next Wednesday, but today I'm going to try and get an earlier appointment with our practice nurse to see if she'll fill it in. Up to now the one counsellor I have spoke to hasn't said a date when I can start, just that she starts new classes all the time --- I'm going to phone the other counsellor today and see if she can give me a set date, so either way hopefully I should be joining you very soon.

Did you find that you felt funny for the first few days?

Katie
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote