UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 02:28 AM   #46  

Well I got back from work yesterday at 5 felt terrible all day at work hot sweats running to the loo every 2 secs etc but couldn't be bothered to walk home cos its 40 mins walk home and didn't really feel up to it. So stayed at work got home at 5 as my 40 mins took me an hour yesterday I felt that rubbish. Got home took some migraleve cos I had the worst headache, managed to chuck my work clothes off fell on the bed. Woke up at 6 this morning thats 13 hrs sleep clearly needed it. Feel a bit better but slightly headachy still I'm sure it was food poisoning thats the last time I'm getting takeout.

How is your blister now YP? Well done for your run if you are still improving on earlier in the year with a bad knee and bad foot you cant be doing badly at all.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:43 AM   #47  

Hope you are feeling better Princess!

I had a real senior moment yesterday - I got on the wrong bus to my friend's house and luckily had a mobile so was able to ring for directions! I felt such a plonker and of course I left a bottle of wine behind so had to get another one.

Had a very nice Japanese meal made by her. No sushi!! I am stick cr*p with chopsticks though!

Had a nice sit out in her garden with the bunny she is looking after which was dumped at the vets she works at. He/she is so sweet- a gorgeous lion head, a black one. Of course these are fashionable at the moment so every moron gets it for their only mildly interested kids and the bunnies then are left in a cage sat in their own waste. It makes me so angry! Anyway 'Thumper' as next door lady's grandchild has christened it, is having a whale of a time when let out in my friends rather overgrown garden. Must be like a jungle!!!

She canot keep it longterm as she is out such a lot. If only I was able to keep him/her!
Old 06-05-2006, 07:32 AM   #48  

Well done YP.

Is it the big YP/Frus/Kyk 10k next weekend? Will there be pictures? I need details!

I been for medical...lots of fun...
Old 06-05-2006, 08:20 AM   #49  

Yes am feeling tons better today.

Bunnies are evil I'm genuinely scared of them they have scary noses where my parents used to work was in an area with loads of wild bunnies and i used to hate them when I was little.

Well all except my aunts next door neighbours bunny hes great. My aunt bunny sits him when they are away and he comes over hutch and all hes black and really cute. They've been bunny sitting him for a year and still haven't remembered to ask what his name is we call him sooty. The cat hates him she sits by his hutch and glares at him the whole time its great.

I wanted some ulcer tablets because i have the evil mouth ulcer from **** and couldn't remember their name used to have them on prescription but they are now available over the counter. Typically couldn't get hold of the parents (am sure I have an old box left lying about their house with the name on, I told someone about them last week and i know I knew the name them how come you only ever forget when you want some) so had to look like a fool in the pharmacy by saying I want some tablets and all I can remember is that the name begins with a C. But we found them yay and they are £3.75 over the counter now I used to pay prescription charge for them before so yay.

Does anyone know a nice chemical free way of getting nice white teeth?
Mine have gone horrid its all that tea and coffee I drink so I got some macleans whitening paste and I'm sure thats whats done the ulcers.

Hope the medical was ok veggie.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:30 AM   #50  

NOt sure it is the toothpaste - none of them are that strong!

Don't know of anything that would really help -maybe one of our 'natural' chicks can help.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:38 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacock 2
NOt sure it is the toothpaste - none of them are that strong!

Don't know of anything that would really help -maybe one of our 'natural' chicks can help.
I think it is. I have really sensitive gums and teeth and I always normally use collegate total as it was one of the only ones that didn't make my mouth kill, I swapped recently to aqua fresh and had no probs with that so though ooh maybe I can use any toothpaste now. But nope seemingly not. The collegate total plus whitening one does nothing to whiten up my teeth though.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:16 AM   #52  

have you tried Sensodyne? They do a whiteneing one now.

I am using that cos mine are sensitive.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:39 PM   #53  

Does it actually whiten though. THe only one reccommended by the British dental council or whatever they are is Macleans as actually having a significant effect.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:46 PM   #54  

Dunno. I am not helping myself but drinking coffe, diet cherry coke and red wine. Ho hum!

Franlky I am very sceptical about all of these whiteners.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:49 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Glad your feeling better Princess.

There is another gorgeous rabbit in this world my Kerry. Yesterday I sat
in the garden and she lay on the patio stretched out beside me. You
would just love her.

Glad the run went well YP hope your knee is good today. You look gorgeous in the jeans. That friend of yours you met for coffee that time will fancy you like mad in them!!!

I am going to the gym shortly.

All quiet on the birthday front I see

Michele
Old 06-05-2006, 03:06 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

Yay a month since I gave up smoking
Old 06-05-2006, 03:16 PM   #57  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Moo - well done on making it to a month!

Michele - the coffee bloke actually emailed me yesterday, although I'm not sure that either of us are looking for anything more than friendship.

Veggie - yes, it's the big 10k this weekend. I'm starting to look forward to it again now I can walk again... My legs have definitely improved over the course of the day, and I've just gone through a second round of blister treatment so hopefully they will be fine for the weekend too. I swam for 30 minutes this morning which helped, and I'm hoping to either do a shortish run tomorrow morning or 30 minutes on the bike if my legs don't feel up to it.

I've had horrible stomach ache all day, TOM has finally arrived (after about 6 months), it actually makes me feel better about my time yesterday as it explains some of the stomach cramps in the last 3 miles which I was putting down to a bad reaction to lucozade. I've been really tired too, because I got up so early yesterday I think so I've just had a bit of a sleep after getting home from work and before eating. I feel far better now.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:31 PM   #58  

Glad you're feeling better. Sorry Aunt Flo had to turn up, but at least it's now and not on Saturday or Sunday. Mine is due any thime around now, but will probably wait until Sunday!!!

I'm getting very nervous. Only eight working days til I go to Oz. Oh my goodness.

I am having next Monday off to learn to walk again after the run, and to hopefully pack and send 12 EBay items I am selling!
Old 06-06-2006, 03:48 AM   #59  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello hello hello!

Thanks for all the Bhs offers - on Sunday morning I rang round just about every store in the south and they were all sold out, one told me that they hadn't been able to get the dress in the size I wanted for about 2 months. I presume they have all sold out since the wedding range is coming to an end this month. Something else I didn't realise! In the end I bought an adult size 8 and another wrap so that if she wants, she can get thick straps made, or raise the chest a bit or whatever!

I am doing some neuro-liguistic programming like I read in an e-book about weightlifting. It seems to be working Basically you write out your goals in present tense - "I am so happy and thankful now that I weigh 10 stone" etc, then go over them twice a day, either read them or re-write them out! Well yesterday we went up to yorkshire with work and I had fish and chips for lunch. I ate half my portion of chips and stopped eating before I felt sick! THEN I didn't eat anything else till 8.30pm! We happened to be out in London, so we popped into O Neils for dinner, we had a big platter thing to share - quorn sausages, chips, onion rings garlic bread etc. I ate about 1 and a half quorn sausages, 1 piece of garlic bread, 1 onion ring and then stopped. I'm the greatest However, the scales are registering the bloating this morning! I feel very thirsty, so I'm sure that's it!

Kykaree, your outfit sounds lovely indeedy - I'm sure the parental unit will be bowled over!

As for bunnies - we used to have about 13 at one time, but all in all we've probably had about 20-30 through our hutches! We had a pair of dwarf(!) lops who were ENORMOUS and were brother and sister and bred, well, like rabbits! We ended up with 10 babies. Then we got a netherland dwarf, then another, then a black rex who was beautiful and abandoned and I loved her to bits! And then we were given another english rabbit, a black and white spotty thing, she didn't last very long since the rats got the best of her. Poor bunnies! Oh and we had another lop rabbit I forgot about, she was ginger and had crazy little bouncy ears and fell in the pond once! We also had a couple of squeely pigs too!

Righty ho, well anyway, today I am off to the gym and then off kickboxing Oh and I achieved my green belt with a "B" grade, only one other person got a B, everyone else (out of 35 graders) got Cs. Hurrah! Some people didn't pass at all!
Old 06-06-2006, 05:11 AM   #60  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Morning!

I've got DH at home on holiday for two weeks - its lovely having him at home but he's tiling the bathroom and needs more attention that a 2 year old.

We bought ourselves another BBQ yesterday - the bottom fell out of the old one. Luckily we were cooking foil wrapped trout on it at the time so we still got to eat it.

Ooohhhh!!!! I was complaining to my neighbour (not the chavs, the other side) that I have to go to the gym to do a proper leg workout because of the weight limitation on my bench - and he told me that he has got one of those large (expensive) York complete multi gyms - its got a leg unit - and he's not allowed to use it any more because he crushed his knee at work. He said that if I want to come and dismantle it that I can just have it - so I'll be sending DH round! (I don't do technical - if I took it apart I'd never get it back together again!)

Frus - did your Mum try the BHS stores up here. If they've got one in the Donnie / S****horpe stores - or any store in this area we'd be happy to go collect it for you.

I am so glad I don't get TOM any more. I only used to have them once every 4 to 6 months but when I did finally have one I'd get so much pain that I'd have to stay in bed for a couple of days and then stay at home for a couple more. Not the best way to impress an employer!

Your food sounds lovely but I can't seem to eat that kind of thing any more. We went to someone else's house for a BBQ the other day and the food all seemed very fatty. The 'starter' was all different flavours of sausages and DH had one of each flavour and I had a mouthful of each one (so I could comment on them) but I really didn't enjoy them because of the coated way my mouth felt afterwards. (I think DH had about 8!) I had one mouthful of a garlic bap which was so buttery that it all dribbled out down my chin (yuck) so I just had a peri-peri flavoured pork chop and salad and some unsugared strawberries and raspberroes without cream for dessert. Its so strange, the host and hostess both seemed in a real panic that I wasn't eating enough even though I really enjoyed what I had and felt full-up.

My DD used to have bunnies - one of them was EXTREMELY aggressive. It used to chase the dog and cat round the garden and always threw itself at the hutch door when we went to talk to it. It used to scare the out of me.

Frus - well done on your green belt!
Closed Thread