UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-18-2005, 08:31 AM   #106  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Congratulations, Frus! I still remember the day I got my results - I was chuffed to bits and I only got a 2:1! You ROCK!!!

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 10:10 AM   #107  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated
I got my degree results today!

I got a 1st!
Well done you complete BRAIN you.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 12:01 PM   #108  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Congrats to Furs and Toot... what a great way to start the weekend with your wonderful achievemnets.
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 01:40 PM   #109  

Bloody Well Done Frus.............hope Your Having The Night Of Your Life..........what An Acheivment Well And Truly..............now Since Youve Done So Well With Your Results Im Going To Try Extra Hard For This Challenge Seeing As Its In Your Honour
tootoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 03:08 PM   #110  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Stef - I've been grinning all day, LIKE A LOON!

everyone! Awww shucks!

Toot, maybe I should put down the ice cream... since it is MY challenge!

I decided to celebrate with a shopping spree ( I only bought a charm bracelet, but it was an expensive one, with one charm so far ) and then come home for CAKE! It's so late now, I've just got in and I don't know if I can be bothered to bake! Did have a pretzel while I was out though.. Oh and I watched Batman Begins, amused me, and helped cool me down on this scorcher of a day!

Ok, I'm going to de-swell my head in a bucket of ice or something
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:56 PM   #111  

Default Lets get this party started!!!

Hi everyone, my names Delyth, and I'm 23 and I just finished my Music Degree in Leeds, I Graduate in November from College and I wanna shock all my friends how much weight I've lost, so I set a big goal, I want to try and Lose 4 stone, its also my birthday that week so I'm going for a double Whammy!:
I'm re-joining Slimming World after trying Atkins and you name what else, their new plans look good, any opinions if you tried them?
I'll keep you up to date on the big weight loss drive,

Take Care All
Del xxx
btw. well done all those who got theire results Im still waiting for mine

starcrossed1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 03:32 AM   #112  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Hi Delyth, welcome aboard!

Wow, that's a pretty big challenge you've set yourself - it works out at around 2.5lbs per week if I've done my sums right (I'm an accountant, so I've probably got it wrong )

I'm not trying to discourage you, but that rate of loss isn't healthy, or probably feasible either. Maybe you should just set yourself a goal to live healthier from now on, to eat well and improve your fitness, and just see where that gets you by November. As we all know, the scale sometimes just refuses to co-operate no matter how committed we are, and if you focus purely on the numbers, it can get terribly discouraging.

Anyway, I wish you every success on your journey, and you'll find tons of support and encouragement here .

Kind regards, Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 04:37 AM   #113  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hi Delyth!

Welcome to our humble board!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 01:38 PM   #114  

Naughty frus, I haven't been reading this bit of the board, coz I missed the boat with the challenge, and I missed reading about you getting a first. Well blinking done madam, you have worked so hard!

I must admit to still laughing about you doing lat pull downs to Etta James, I just want to make love to you (posted on the exercise bit of the boards) I do hope you weren't singing out loud, you would have been beating the gym boys off with a stick!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 03:58 PM   #115  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

On a graduation theme, I hope it's not another 5 or 6 years before you fit back into what you wear for graduation. I got two degrees, one in 1999 and one in 2000 (masters). I'm only now able to wear those outfits again (wearing my 2000 graduation skirt now as part of a trying on session).

As my weight was fairly stable through university, once I drop a bit more I'll be looking at school weights. Scary!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 02:34 AM   #116  

omg!!!!!!!!!!! a first here for me..........ive lost a lb, yes ladies 1 whole pound now i know that seems a bit meagre considering i lost 2 last week , but ITS THE FIRST TIME IVE HAD TOM AND LOST ANYTHING AT ALL!
not sure what to make of this. lol maybe ill gain 3 next week instead of having the big loss after tom, which isnt really loss but still gets accepted with a grin
Old 06-21-2005, 02:20 PM   #117  

Well done Toot.

Hi Delyth the new sw plans don't seem to have gone down much of a storm at the group I go to but it is much more flexible.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:49 PM   #118  

Default First Week on SW

hi hi all!

Thanx for your warm welcome to the forum! I havent weighed in at SW yet as weigh in is on a Wed, but I'm finding the plans nice and easy to get on with! I say that and may not have shifted an ounce, I'll keep you up to date, if nothing else, I'm off take away and booze so at least thats a good thing
Write you all on Wed, take care luv Delly xxxx
starcrossed1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:41 PM   #119  

ive neither lost or gained this week.........im a stay the same(again) but next week i will show a loss........I WILL IWILL I TELL YOU AGAIN OHHHHHHH YESSSS I WILL SHOW A LOSS

ok time for a lie down i think
Old 07-01-2005, 09:44 AM   #120  

Reporting in a whole half pound lost.