UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 12:59 PM   #211  
Working My Way Back Down

Way to go Helen! You did splendidly!

Sarah - I heard the interview with the guy who sees numbers as colors, and I also read the book. Be darned if I can remember the name of it though.... And I loved Curious Incident. I listened to it as an audiobook read by a guy named Simon Vance (I must say I'd listen to him read the phone book ).

We had lousy, cold, overcast and windy weather all weekend (3 days for Memorial Day). I did get some flowers planted, and DH finished planting veggies except for some starts that are not yet "hardened." He and a teen-aged helper also felled some dead trees and cut them into firewood lengths and stacked them. Oh, and a neighbor with horses brought us a load of rotted manure for our compost (a good thing, honest! ) It always make me laugh to remember my MIL who swore her hoity-toity garden club members fertilized with man-u-ray (accent on the u)

RSG - wish I were in Madrid, too. Or even on the Cape where my niece and 3 kids live. Haven't seen them for more than a year.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:30 PM   #212  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Sarah....sorry but I did at the thought of Ellie messing up her new bed and the boys hiding in a corner while she did it....hope you've got the mess cleared up by now. I had an incident like that with Pen and Lew's pup's seven of them, got into a giant bag of loo roll I'd left at the bottom of the stairs... it was like it snowed in the entire house...bog roll everywhere! And they were so proud of themselves...

Helen well done on that time, sounds absoloutely brilliant, enjoy your holiday....you can ride your bike when you get home (Ithink).

WaterRat...I finally remembered to mention that the place your rellies live is Marstons Mills, 'S' on the end of both, I noticed driving by the other day. You don't hear it when people say it to you though, they seem to drop the 's' off of Marstons...

RSG, I'll PM you my number so as you can give me a ring next time you're down and have time for a cuppa or something.....

Right, well best think what to have for tea, I've been busy doing floors, all the rugs are outside and need a good bashing....
Old 05-30-2007, 06:46 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

I've not posted for a couple of days. I've been on a marathon food and drink fest, and I am still stuffed it only ended last night. I went to a party Saturday night where they had the most wonderful punch god above only knows how much I drank. Ate wonderful food and topped that off with a bag of maltesers as you do. Sunday I was at BBQ like Peacock though under a canopy again with food and copious amounts of Rose. Rested myself Monday went back to work Tuesday then went to Mandy's last night for dinner with the girlies. Again a great big meal and because I have no work today I hit the red wine.
After about 3 glasses I decided to take Ken out for a walk. So I headed to my parents Ken is quite nervous and won't even walk past a washing basket so he wouldn't go in, but he was happy for my parents to come to the door and stroke him. My mother said are you drunk Michele god no mother I said welllI have had some wine. My father of course who had about three pints of guiness in him couldn't see I was drunk at all because we both were!!! I then decided to take Ken to my house to go and get a bottle of wine to take back to Mandy's again I knocked on the door and my husband said are you drunk. I said no I am not he said your eye looks wonky a sure sign that I've had a drop. Anyway I turned back to return to Mandy's when Ken went bonkers on my front lawn he loves grass you see. Anyway I went back forgetting to take the wine but Mandy had plenty anyway. Got home about 1am this morning and I am just knackered now.

Well done Helen another great achievement for you great girl.

Glad your knee is healing Sarah.

I told my husband to hide the scales till Saturday morning as I know I would be so fed up if I got on them at this moment. I can't remember a time when I've eaten as much as I have these past few days.

I knew a bloke with Aspergers once he kind of led me up the garden path the fecker!! To this day I've never met anyone as intelligent as he. Mind you he once made me a pizza and the obsessive way he chopped the veggies was something else. He struggled with social behaviour but he learnt for himself the things we take for granted.

I should gym today but I feel so fat I don't know if I could move my body maybe I will take it easy today and kind of detox myself.

Have a good day everyone

Michele

Last edited by micheleherts; 05-30-2007 at 06:53 AM.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:59 AM   #214  

Well Done YP1!

Sarah - That naughty doggie - does sound distructive! Mind you I used to laugh at one of our cats whenever she came across the tissue box, she would make herself a nest of them! We would come home and she would look so happy sitting on her nest of tissues!!!
Old 05-31-2007, 05:13 AM   #215  

Anyone with youngish girls/daughters/nieces /little sisters - this is great if they are in to arts and crafts.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fairies-Peta...0602705&sr=1-1

My little Niece loves craft stuff and fairies! I cannot wait for her birthday (19th June) to give her this!
Old 05-31-2007, 05:50 AM   #216  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Morning, everyone.

I'm all upset - just back from the allotment... loads of sad looking plants... couldn't work out what had happened until the old boy next door told me that there had been a frost up there on Tuesday night. Being as its an exposed area it really got hit whereas my garden at home is quite sheltered. I'm totally I'm going to have to go and buy another load of seeds and start again - I think I'll start them off here this time.

Now Ellie has found out about destroying the duvets she is really going for it - yesterday DH caught her with one of the cushions off the sofa. Shame she had to pick the one specially embroidered for us by MIL.

Michele.... at least you are having a really good time - rather than just eating for the sake of it.

My eyes are okay when I've had a few ... my give away sign is that my face goes white and my nose goes red.

Oooohhhhh just remembered.... along with the weight stuff on the last Challenge I decided to give up booze completely for the whole seven weeks.... just remembered that its over now..... yippeee!!!!! Surprising how much I missed it during the first week and haven't missed it at all ever since - but I think I shall open a bottle for us to share as a treat this evening.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:00 AM   #217  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNJ View Post
I had an incident like that with Pen and Lew's pup's seven of them, got into a giant bag of loo roll I'd left at the bottom of the stairs... it was like it snowed in the entire house...bog roll everywhere! And they were so proud of themselves.....
George did something like that when he was a puppy - he was ripping up the last look roll when I caught him at it but in the process he'd trodden it through everywhere - shreds of white loo roll all over deep coloured plain carpets ... lovely! He actually made himself really poorly with it because he'd swallowed quite a lot of it while he was ripping it up. In fact he was a really pain in the as a pup - the last time he was ever officially allowed upstairs was when I found that he'd raided my eBay stock and had dragged a whole load of soft furry jackets one at a time back to his bed (which at that time was on the landing) and had laid on them, chewed the tags and labels - and sucked the fur. That little escapade cost me about £500!
Old 05-31-2007, 12:56 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Sarah my nose also goes red too hugely attractive! Downer about the frost though.

Another goodish day eating wise although I had a slither of coffee cake at work but didn't touch any of the other goodies we have.

I have a another coldsore sodding things. I meant to get those Compeed patches this evening but forgot and ended up buying a silver pair of sandals in New Look.

Peacock I have no sisters no daughters but I do have two gorgeous nieces Aisling and Niamh so I shall take a look.

The house is very quiet hubby is working the little fella is out and the big fella is in his room now's there's a surprise. He has the hump again because I accidently took his earpiece to work to use with my Ipod. He is doing work experience next week. He was supposed to be going to Waterstones he loves books but the placement was quite a distance from us I had said to the big eejit that is too far but would he listen no he would not. Anyway the placement people wrote and said Waterstones had decided to take only the one child and it would be the local boy. So needless to say there wasn't much choice left so on Monday he is off to British Homestores for the week. The other choices left were Dorothy Perkins, Top Shop or his old school. I said he should have gone to his primary school but he said he wouldn't be able for it. Oh well what can you do. Maybe he will get a Saturday job out of it when he turns 16 in September.

I could do with a nap.

Take good care

Michele
Old 05-31-2007, 03:38 PM   #219  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Must be the day for things to happen, my washing machine is leaking all over the basement laundry room... I've already mopped up one bucket full of not so clean water....taking a break for a cuppa now though....bloody thing, it needs to last another year or so, cos that's when I'm getting my spiffy front loader I've wanted for years!

Sorry to hear about the plants Sarah... bit late for a frost isn't it? Even for England? ooooooooo naughty Ellie.... cushions now? She sounds like she has the in her at the moment.

Silver sandals hey Michelle? I LOVE sandals.....I LOVE shoes, and handbags..I do I do
Closed Thread