Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 04:55 AM   #1  
Mother Hen

Default Monday

Good morning everyone, I hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was quiet as usual. Yesterday was a rainy dreary day. We did go see the movie Chicago. We had seen the play and it was ok. I didn't think it was as great as I heard. Bill was real impressed. Especially each time I woke him up. He kept dozing off so you could say he didn't care for it. He informed me I owed him big time.
Did well with eating etc. Doing better than I have been.
That's about it for me. Hope you all had a good weekend
Old 03-24-2003, 02:50 PM   #2  

Eleni - I have not seen Chicago myself, but a friend has, and loved it. However she said that you would have to like musicals to enjoy it. Anyway it won an Academy Award last night so it must have got a lot of votes!

Thanks also for the "tapes". I think they are a great idea.

We are having awards and installations on April 1st. My treasurer is out of town this week so we postponed it a week so she could be there. We usually have about 15 attend, so we are having a pot luck that night.

Have a good week all. We had a beautiful day on Saturday so I went for an hour walk. That was so nice!! I'm looking forward to more as the weather warms.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:40 PM   #3  

Hi All,

I didn't do too bad this weekend but I really have to get back on track this week. I keep telling myself that but I can't seem to do it.

Wendy.....thanks for the welcome. It does feel good to be back and see familiar faces.

Eleni......glad you had a good weekend with your eating. It is a struggle. I haven't seen Chicago.....I am not too big on musicals.

Liz......I am from Calgary too. I go to the downtown chapter.

I was wondering if someone could help me. We have a really small chapter and meet over lunch. We don't have a lot of time to set up and take down and I would like some input on installation. So many chapters make a big night of it, however, we are short on time and space. Last year I did the apple installation because it was easy for me to set up/take down and get the things I needed to work (I take the bus). Does anyone know of something very simple that can be done? I have looked on some of the sites with programs and nothing seems to be quite right. We are very informal and I wanted something informal but to still give recognition to those members who are taking an executive position. We won't have a meal of any kind because it is too hard with everyone at work. If anyone has any suggestions...please let me know.

I guess I should go. Hope everyone is having a good day and I will talk to you soon.

Marie
Old 03-24-2003, 05:35 PM   #4  
Mother Hen

Marie Check your email as I sent you a copy of program we will be using
Closed Thread