Old 11-09-2006, 01:08 PM   #91  

Hey, remember when Perfect 2000 when we wanted to lose weight so we could look good? Seems the focus is changing to losing weight so we can feel good instead. Sorry you've got the aches and pains, Kiwi, that can be so miserable.

I have disfunctional family of origin news. My youngest brother was arrested b/c he beat up his gf. This is yet another reason why I limit contact w/ my family. This is the brother that my parents bought a house for last summer. Supposedly that was supposed to motivate him to stop drinking and doing drugs. Don't think it worked. Now the gf is living in the house and he moved into my parents' Oregon house, w/ my sister who lost her house due to alcohol abuse. The parents are hiding out in Arizona. I often think the stork dropped me off at the wrong house, because I have never understood how these ppl think. My mom is hopeful that he's "hit bottom" and will now get help for alcoholism. I really wouldn't bet on it.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:30 PM   #92  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi View Post
Appeal the decision. ......
Thanks, the nurse is supposed to be seeing what can be done today. Part of the problem is that I used over the counter ibuprofen for the first course of treatment. Apparently in Insurance-Think I should have insisted on a prescription so they could pay for it. My bad. Corporate America--ain't it wonderful?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby View Post
The parents are hiding out in Arizona.(
Wow, I can certainly see why. Ironic that your parents ended up buying a house for the girlfriend who your brother abused. You have to wonder if people ever change, really.

But hey, congrats on the land thing! Of course you'll be sad to have to move, but it'll be exciting too.

..she says with all the enthusiasm she can muster. Ouch. I've got to get that prescription squared away, this brace thing isn't doing much.

Ta

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:28 PM   #93  
loves kleenex box art

I am so focused on the mental picture of Kiwi wearing a jock strap on her elbow.

There are kids who appear to be raised by wolves. There's one who was living outdoors with a relative before being put in foster care. You should see him eat. He uses both hands. He stands up. He scrapes the bottom again and again and again. Then there's one who lives with her real family but who is wild. By wild, I mean she screams and kicks and will do nothing she's told and has no manners and keeps her shoes off. One day she came with her underpants on so that the waist was around one leg. She had shoes with the soles completely off except on the heel.

Ds is due home tonight. Must go. XOXOX
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:49 PM   #94  
The magic shrinking cow

Congratulations Wabby!

Kiwi, sorry about your pain! Wow, that sounds awful, and those insurance rules are just silly! I'm currently without regular insurance, though I do have catastrophic. Fun. As we were saying today, if we're going to get hurt, we need to REALLY get hurt!

I have the red wine thing too. But it's so tasty!

Peaches, wow! You really meet some interesting people in jobs like that. I met some children at my practicum who had challenges I would never have dreamed of, and my childhood wasn't exactly easy.

Speaking of that, Wabby... wow. Families are something else.

Still sparking. Weighed in at 83-even today. Of course, I deviated from my calorie range today. It was a challenging day. Not quite as challenging as Peaches or Kiwi or Wabby or, well, anyone else here, but challenging for me!

I was aiming for 83 on Monday, but now I'm kind of hoping to be under that number by Monday.
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:22 AM   #95  
loves kleenex box art

I have the day off and my baby is asleep in the next room.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:36 AM   #96  

Kewl, Peaches. Enjoy him while he's home!

Going to lunch today w/ some friends, but I woke up feeling dizzy and pukey. I made it to work and I will feel better. It feels like a ms thing. bleeh.

Cherry, good job on the sparking. That is the neatest website. I registered, but I haven't been good at logging my food intake or exercising or drinking water........... but I registered, so I'll lose weight, right???
Old 11-10-2006, 11:50 AM   #97  

Me again. Durn customer's come in and interrupt my posting.

Quote:
There are kids who appear to be raised by wolves.
Peach, one of my best friends works for a public agency that councils low income and at risk new mothers. She constantly blows me away w/ the stories she tells me about these babies and mothers. I don't know if I could do that kind of work - I'd feel so bad all the time, b/c even if you help one, there are 10 more that need help...........but you ppl that do work w/ them are wonderful.

Quote:
You have to wonder if people ever change, really.
Kiwi, in this instance, I don't think he ever will change. The last house he had was a houseboat that my parents bought for him and he ended up getting kicked out of the marina where it was docked b/c he got in an argument w/ a neighbor and was arrested for dumping gasoline on the dock and threatening to light the place on fire. He is truely scarey and I just won't have anything to do with him. I feel bad for my parents, but they're his #1 enablers, too. I do have one normal brother. One out of 3 ain't bad, right?
Old 11-10-2006, 02:34 PM   #98  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby View Post
I feel bad for my parents, but they're his #1 enablers, too.
Ezzackly. I understand how they feel, my parents are in a similar position with my brother. He is always in financial straits and they have helped him a lot, but they don't want to just keep shovelling money to him--it's like throwing it away, frankly. At least they recognize that it doesn't help, but that doesn't stop them from wanting to do something of course.

Keep up the good work, Cherry! You'll get there!

Peachie, happy kid weekend!!!!! We have one too, although not till tonight.

Thanks for the good thoughts about this annoying pain. Apparently I have no choice but to be a sheep and do what the insurance company tells me. The doctor called in a prescription for Naproxin and I get to "see if it works" for a week or so. Well, I can tell you it doesn't even work as well as ibuprofen so far, and I am now basking in a permanent haze of ache. I would rather not have insurance; at least then I would not feel like I was paying them to inflict this kind of misery on me. I could spend my money on the real medicine.

Sorry, ranting again.

We get to see The Secret Garden at the high school tonight. Yay.

Y'all have a good weekend, y'hear?

Kiwi
Old 11-11-2006, 09:21 AM   #99  

Cherry you really are staying on track!!!
Wabby: I'm pretty much estranged from my family for the same kind of reasons. Most times I still feel hurt whistful and sad about it but the pragmatic side of me knows that estrangement is sometimes best~~but can be lonely
CowP: you must be smilin ear to ear! to have DS home, a job in your chosen field and dang you knit too!
Kiwi: You sound so frustrated and miserable How about those hot patches or bengay?? I can't image you being compliant with that arm jock strap.

I'm a month ahead of schedule with school. There are 4 tests in this course, and I've already completed all the reading, assignments and lectures and got 100 on 2 of the tests .. Which is good cuz now I am learning the stuff I'm really weak on. All math stuff ,variances and statistics and formulas.. Funny thing is I love all this stuff, and was fortunate enough to have number wizards to rely on to generate reports for the data I wanted... now I have to learn how to do it myself...
On the weight front I'm down 4 pounds! I really have to monitor my calorie intake in order to lose..

Hi Sugar!!! and Bagzzy!
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:25 PM   #100  
The magic shrinking cow

The last two days, I've been not so much on track. Oops. But the hazards are over, so now I can get back to it.

I read something interesting today at the spark site: "trying to be perfect can actually hinder your chances of being excellent." Wow! So, maybe next year can be Excellence 2007. LOL.

Schatzi, good luck on your studying!

Kiwi, I told a friend about your health insurance thing and she was astounded! Crazy! (And she's on a wacky plan that won't let her have the expensive medication she needs in order to function.)

Peachie, hope you're having a good visit with DS! My DS is now just a little older than your DS was when we met. Time goes so quickly!

Hi Wabby! Is your username at Spark the same as here?

Where are Bagzie and Sugar?

Hoping for 83 even on Monday. Going to try to run tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:18 AM   #101  

Default Kiwi

Happeeeee BirthDayyyy Tooooo Yoooouuuuuuu! Happppeeeee Birrrthdayyy to you!!!

Here's a virtual dallink!!!!

Hope you have a great day and do all that makes you Smile
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:53 PM   #102  
The magic shrinking cow

Happy Birthday Kiwi!
Old 11-12-2006, 02:17 PM   #103  
Member w/ messiest house

Thanks, Schatzi & Cherry! It has been a nice birthday as a matter of fact. I got to see The Secret Garden twice (last night with DD), had a lovely dinner made by DD's BF and his twin. BFtwin is in pastry chef school and made this incredible Mudslide Torte. Also got donuts and birthday cards in bed this morning.

Glad you had a good visit with DS, Cowpeach. Wow, that whole Russia thing sounds very strange. I don't think Russia is all that safe for a couple of kids to be travelling in either. I mean, if I were on a preplanned tour I don't think I'd hesitate to go there, but on my own, no way.

I feel like a zombie today. It's rainy, DD is on her way back to school. A nap sounds like a plan, honestly.

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 11-12-2006 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:58 PM   #104  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ohhhhhhhhhhh i have been awol and missed kiwonker's birthday!!!----sorry kiwonk~~!!!! happiest belated birthday to YOU ,you sweet little Australian fruit~~~~!!!! xoxoxo
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:47 PM   #105  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh Yeah? Who you callin' a gay downunderer, ya emaciated maple leaf rag, you? Huh? Ya wanna fight? Apparently I got 200 pounds on you so you're goin' down, woman!

Ahem. Thanks for the b'day wishes.. I got a present from my mother today with a card that informed me that I'm 53. I'm not 53, I'm 51. I may have to have a talk with her, the crazy old coot oops I mean, lovely mother.

Well, it's another rainy day. Is Wabbit Wich yet? I think she should build a nice big compound and we'll all visit there every summer and have a wise old woman retreat. Weren't we going to do that? I forget. Being really old and all...

Thanksgiving is almost here. Which of these little turkeys should I shoot? DD'sBF's dad got a deer last week. DD says it's hanging in the garage. I haven't seen it.

Later darlings
Kiwi