Old 07-28-2006, 08:02 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 218/218/168

Height: 5'8"

with only 13 days left, i am going to throw in the towel with my late night snacking. i have not slept well in over a week now which makes the midnight munchie monster much more powerful (try to say that 10 times fast). anyway, until i can get myself sleeping again i am going to start a new challenge or two.
7-28
64 oz of water everyday- level 1 (one pause)
100 crunches everyday- level 1 (one pause)

lucky- way to go!!!! only one more day left!!!
pink- keep up the good work pink!!
trob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:37 AM   #92  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Day 14 - exercise - good, 2 pauses left, level 3

Day 8 - calories under 1800 - good, 0 pauses left, level 1

Wow! Been busy here. Nice to see so many posts.

I've managed to catch up on reading all of them but just having a hard time writing! My 2 1/2 year old keeps waking up right after I get home from work in the morning, which is usually my best time to get on here and write. I keep hoping he'll go back to sleeping later, but it hasn't happened yet. So far this morning though, he's being quiet, even though he's awake.

Trob - hope you can get that sleep problem under control soon! That's a tough one.

Sushi - Good job on the cheddars! Way to go! Have a good time on your ride this weekend. I'm jealous! I miss riding so much it drives me crazy. Hopefully someday I'll get back to it.

Red, Pink, Lucky - you all are doing great! Keep going!

Jolly - Hang in there and don't apologize, we understand!

Apple - nice to see you back!

Have a good day all!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:39 PM   #93  
PinkSnowDays

S/C/G: 260/250/150

Indulged in my Diet Coke today... although I must admit I am much much less addicted than I used to be. Ok day over all just went thru the usual motions still stressed beyond all ends. To add to all the things going on with work and school right now it was just dumped on me that my X whom I had broken off the 5 year unheathly relationship with is now seeing someone... while I'm still single. Just when I truely felt over him, it hurts not gonna lie. But tomorrow is a new day and as cheesy as it sounds these challenges really keep me going. I can keep my head up and on the way to my new heathly life. Tomorrow is my much needed relaxation day! Going shopping a bit, visiting friends and taking a bubble bath! I just need to organize and pull myself back together, I'm stronger than this! Alright keep up all the good work ladies, you are soooo inspiring!

Challenges:
Day 16/ 2 pause used -Only one glass of Diet Coke a day or less (Level 3)
Day 18 -At least one bottle (34oz) of water a day (Level 3)
Day 16/ 2 pauses used -20 minutes of exercise a day (Level 3)
Day 17/ 1 pause used -No eating after 9pm (Level 3)
PinkSnowDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:11 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

OH YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!! Been there done that!!!!!! 21 days!!!! That's my middle name!!! Lucky 21 day ducky!!!!!! I feel so DARN GOOD!!!!! It was so hot out today, that I waited til after 10 tonight to try walking, and you know what? There are scary things out on the trail in the dark ( or in my imagination, I am not sure which,) but, it sure made for a VERY fast walk!!!! Ok now, imy walking is a habit, don't let me forget it!!!!!! Thanks so much for the support folks!!!!! May your habits come quickly!!!! Keep on truckin!
luckyducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:24 AM   #95  
PinkSnowDays

Congrats LuckyDucky! Way to go!
:c arrot:
Old 07-29-2006, 07:52 AM   #96  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face hitting the hay...

Heh all. No time to post now. Going to start the journaling challenge over. Took a pause on clean living yesterday! Crunches and caffeine are OK!

lucky -- Congratulations! Good for you! I love your "been there, done that"!! Three cheers for you!!

Apple, trob, jolly, Pink, Sushi, dj, all others! I'll have to try to catch up tomorrow. It's time for bed here and I am beat. Early day tomorrow to get out to ride, so I'll try to make time for here afterward.

Sushi, I don't know what to tell you. I assume you'll be riding the Aussie equivalent of Western. Otherwise I just couldn't see putting a beginner on a horse for 2 hours. I hope that's the case, that you'll have a comfortable stock saddle to ride in. I've never ridden in one myself but they look comfortable....all I can say is it's probably best to wear jeans that won't ride up but are heavy enough to protect your legs from the stirrup leathers. Keep your core muscles taut but relax your butt. Ride as if you were standing almost, so that if the horse was taken out from under you you would land on your feet. Let your legs hang down, don't grip with them. It's mostly in the abs and lower back that you want to maintain your posture. Don't worry about moving with the horse too much. People always move way too much. The horse should do the work, not you. Pushing around won't help. I'm sure you'll have some sort of guidance or the horses will be ones who basically do it on their own. Have fun and remember, you'll be very sore afterward, having used muscles you normally probably don't to maintain your balance and posture and from having your legs spread if you're tight, it'll hurt later!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:04 AM   #97  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Day 15 - exercise - good, 2 pauses left, level 3

Day 9 - calories under 1800 - good, 0 pauses left, level 1

Lucky - You did it! Good job!

Pink- Keep that good attitude! You are making your life better and healthier everyday. Enjoy your relaxation day!

So far, so good for me on the calories. Staying under 1800 isn't too hard, except on weekends, and the weekend is here. I'm going to try really hard to get through it. Saturday night we almost always BBQ and Sunday morning is the only morning that I cook a hot breakfast. Of course my husband likes all the high fat, high calorie stuff so it's always a challenge to find some middle ground that won't ruin my day. Somehow I will get through this!

Hi to everyone else here! Have a great weekend!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:32 PM   #98  

WAY TO GO LUCKY!!!!
everyone else...keep up the good work!!
i stated a new challenge yesterday after aborting my midnight munchie taming...funny thing- i slept like a baby.
7-29
64 oz of water- 18 days to go- level 1- one pause to use
100 curnches- 18 days to go - level 1- one pause to use
(my abs are KILLING ME!!)
Old 07-30-2006, 01:34 AM   #99  
Never give up

Smile saddled up?

Heh, Sushi, did you get that riding in?

I'm back from riding. A hard lesson, but the teacher said it was some of my best work so far...chickened out at the end though as it was just too new and I kind of freaked....anyhow, I'm hoping to build on that next time. I will be back to write more later.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:06 AM   #100  
Never give up

Unhappy don't want to give in.....

Hmmm.....let me see....Friday would have been Day 9. But, I had to restart Journaling from Sunday, today, because I didn't write Friday or Saturday and I only gave myself one pause day. Took a pause on Friday for Clean Living, so today is Day 10. Other challenges moved ahead so Sunday is Day 11 for Caffeine and Crunches, because I did them every day. All very confusing now... So......if I get through today and I am planning on it!! I will wrap up the day with...

Challenge 1: Crunches -- Day 11/1 pause left (Level 1)
Challenge 2: Journaling -- Day 1/1 pause left (Level 1)
Challenge 3: Reduced Caffeine -- Day 11/1 pause left (Level 1)
Challenge 4: CLEAN LIVING!! -- Day 10/2 pauses left (Level 3)

It is now later in the afternoon, well, already evening and I am sitting here really, really, really wanting to pig out on sugar or anything really. It's so depressing. Weight gain, feeling low, aggravated by pms, work, blah, blah, blah. Wish me luck, people! I don't want to take another pause day.....more so, I just don't want to dump all those calories into me.

Rainy season is officially over, but like carla said, it's raining in my heart.....
Old 07-30-2006, 07:09 AM   #101  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hey Red!
Yea, I did get the riding in, and it was awesome! I really enjoyed it, and so did my boyfriend, which makes me really happy because he felt a bit uneasy with horses before. It was funny at first... neither of us could get the horses to listen to us, and they started grazing instead moving along! But we got the hang of it with time.
We rode for 2 hrs, covered some 15 kms... mostly walk, bits of trot here and there, lovely scenery. It was great. And I'm not sore at all! Steve is though, poor guy! I shared your advice with him, and he found it very helpful.

Challenges wrapped up for today.... just typing up my food log. though I need to ask a girl at work whether that tiny piece of naughtines she talked me into having contained any chocolate. If yes, then I had a pause day some time last week.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:37 PM   #102  
Never give up

Cool Monday morning....

Monday morning here. I made it through yesterday without a pigout, but only because I went to bed super early, then couldn't sleep from about midnight, but finally did. Sometimes, it's the only way. Sure, I'd probably expend more calories just being up or make much better use of my time, but giving in to a pig-out would be such a downer that I'd rather not. Pms and I'm not going to try to battle it too much. Today will be Day 2, 11 and 12 depending on the challenge.

Sushi -- Glad to hear the riding went well and you weren't sore. I was going to say, if it's mostly walking you'll probably be OK. Did you have stock saddles? Guys or anyone who exercises a lot are usually tighter and guys have higher muscle mass than women anyhow and are sure to feel the stretch more. It also depends on the horse, how wide it is, if they have smooth gaits or not, and how big a mover it is. In any case, glad you had a good time! I'd say, if you have to ask about the choco, then it's not necessary to take a pause. I mean, now if I had the stuff, you would know!!

trob, dj, Pink, lucky, jolly, Apple, how's it going? I hope you're hanging in there. Apple, good to see you back with us! dj, hope you make it through your weekend OK!!

Last edited by redballoon; 08-01-2006 at 12:58 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:03 PM   #103  
PinkSnowDays

Nice weekend, too bad it's over! Moving this upcoming week/weekend into my apartment! Looking forward to it but also dreading all the packing etc. I'll be happy when school starts again even though life will be crazier than ever! Let see...
Challenges:
Day 18/ 2 pause used -Only one glass of Diet Coke a day or less (Level 3)
Day 20 -At least one bottle (34oz) of water a day (Level 3)
Day 18/ 2 pauses used -20 minutes of exercise a day (Level 3)
Day 18/ 2 pause used -No eating after 9pm (Level 3)

One more day of my water challenge left. I actually crave water now! While it will take me a while to give up my caffine (diet coke) I'm slowly getting more heathly! Hopefully I can stay on track once school starts with the late nights of work and studying.

Hope you all have a successful week!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:13 AM   #104  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Challenge 1: max 15 cheddars per day -- completing Day 15
Challenge 2: no chocolate -- completing Day 8
Challenge 3: keeping a food log -- completing Day 8
Challenge 4: no food after 7 pm -- completing Day 8
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:31 AM   #105  

red- hang in there and take it one day at a time (sometimes one minute at a time is better for me).

pink- wow, you have almost completed ALL of your challenges...keep up the good work!!
good luck with moving. there is nothing like moving right as school is about to begin. i moved two years in a row 2 weeks into the school year.

lucky and dj- hope you are doing well with you challenges.

crunches- 3 days down, 17 and one pause left
64 oz water- 3 days down, 17 and one pause left