Old 08-24-2006, 06:11 AM   #226  

Good morning all. Well, after a very busy couple of days off, I am back. BAck to work today too. So I am sure today will be crazy.

I just wanted to post quick before I ran to work and the gym. It should be a run day, but we are having a mother of a storm here, and for some strange reason, I don't feel like being out in it I am getting my butt to the gym to use the treadmill though, so that is something.

So, challenges . . .

1. Daily exercise, including abs/back.

2. Eat healthy - no soda, no unauthorized , at least 2 servings of fruits and vegetables.

Let me get a handle on these, and then I can add in something about eating out. My pocketbook needs it.

Have a super day all
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:08 AM   #227  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face eyeing a challenge....

Hi there, all! Just trying to keep posting...still just not up to a challenge...I know, I know...I said I would...bear with me.

jolly -- Glad to hear you're getting to the gym. I like the treadmill too, just allows you to zone out and keep going. Good luck on your challenges. They sound like tough ones!

Apple -- Excellent work! Wish I could say the same about myself.....

trob -- Your job sounds tough. I hadn't realized your were working with 10-year-olds. I hear you on the just "surviving" type of days... Best of luck to you!

dj -- Sounds like you really have a lot happening. I think Wyoming is a beautiful state. I'd once gone over and done a story from here on the Outlaw Trail. Hope you can decide on a nice place. I'll be going through a huge change myself, not moving or anything, but work related..I know how you must feel. Good luck and I hope you can be back with us at some point in the not-too-distant future!

JCT -- Where are you?

Pink?? Come on in and post!

Last edited by redballoon; 08-24-2006 at 05:51 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:40 AM   #228  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Thanks Red, Trob and Apple! Yeah, it's kind of a funny situation, we really need the money and it's a good paying job and the benefits are great. This is the kind of job my husband could retire from, it's just taking us so far away from our families! I keep trying to decide what's more important, but both are. I guess though, if we're doing better financially, we could afford to go visit more often so that might be good, I'd just rather live closer. I'm just going to try to stay cool, and wait for the company to let us know if they decide to hire my husband and see what exactly the offer is. And yes, some areas of Wyoming are beautiful which does help.

Anyways, I'm giving myself at least a few more days before I try to start up my challenges again. I'm just not really in the mood to spend time logging calories and I have been really busy trying to figure out the logistics of moving. Maybe by next week, I'll be more mentally ready to think about challenges again.

Red
- I sure hope your changes work out well for you! Glad to see you still popping in here even though your not doing challenges either!

Trob - Good luck with that water situation! Maybe as you get back into a routine and things calm down, you'll figure something out.

Apple - keep positive thoughts going! I know it can be hard when you're having issues at home, but think of the good you're doing for yourself!

Have a great day everyone!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:53 PM   #229  

Hello ladies,

It's been awhile since I have posted. I would like to start a challenge. I am only going to do one challenge at this time, since everytime I get ahead of myself and try to do too many at once and mess it all up .

I am challenging myself to walk everyday. Doesn't matter how far or how long right now, I just have to fit it in somewhere.

I'll check in tomorrow. Good luck to all.

Tina
justkeepswimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 06:36 PM   #230  
Never give up

Unhappy rain, rain...

Morning all. Pouring down rain here! I hope the trains don't get flooded and stop.

dj -- From what you've said, I think you should take the job. It sounds like a great opportunity and they don't come that often. As you pointed out, the extra money can have you visiting the families more or even bringing them to you. Also, your husband can always quit if it is really not working out. But yes, it hasn't even been decided, so stay cool and sit tight. I'm surprised that, with everything, you're even considering doing challenges. Good for you. You're staying proactive and that is important! Ride the wave, don't let it knock you under.

swimming -- Hi there! Good to hear from you again. I'm glad you're back with us and up for a challenge. That's a good attitude to decide to bite off what you can chew and no more. Walking is a great start. Best of luck!

Last edited by redballoon; 08-24-2006 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:23 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 218/218/168

Height: 5'8"

apple- i was drinking 64 oz at day which is not really that much for me but with my schedule the way it is this year (i teach art) my breaks are few and far between.

red- hope the rain lets up so that you don't have to swim to work.

dj- just take it one day at a time. i have always thought that what is supposed to happen will happen.

jolly- keep up the good work!! i wish that i could be as committed as you.
trob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 08:54 AM   #232  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Morning all!

Hi Swimming! Glad to see you picking up a challenge. Walking is great. It's helped me a lot!

Red - Yes, as long as the actual offer is as good as what they were telling my husband, we'll probably accept. Unless of course, we find something in the meantime that we like better.

You said you had been to Wyoming, what part? I don't know about the outlaw trail.

Trob - Yes, one day at a time. I agree. I guess I've just needed some time to accept all the new possible changes. If it happens, it happens. We'll take it from there.

Have a great day everyone!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:22 AM   #233  
Never give up

Hi all! Ok, the fun and games are over! I am starting tomorrow. Crunch challenge started today!! And I did them!

trob, dj, talk to you later...gotta handle some work here! Hope you're doing OK!
Others? Talk to me!
Old 08-27-2006, 01:50 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 221/210/121

Height: 5'4"

Default doing really well at this!

Red Balloon, I picked up your 21 day challenge. It has been two weeks now.
I have been posting in the race to 199. I am 7 pounds away from winning the race!

My goals are:
1. exercise every day (usually means 2 miles on the treadmill)
2. eat right
3. keep a food log

So here I am at:

14/8/1
sweet_yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:43 PM   #235  

okay guys, i have decided to keep my challenges pretty easy for right now. i am not sure if my walking challenge will fit into the 21 day plan but maybe it will work.

challenges...starting monday, aug. 28
keep a food journal- level 3
walk 10,000 steps at least 5 times days a week- level 3
drink water 16 oz with every meal- level 1
100 crunches- level 3

i am also starting the 18 week challenge and my goal there is to be 175 by new years day. that means that i need to loose just under 2 lbs per week.
wish me luck.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:46 PM   #236  

deanna- what is the link to the race to 199. i have searched but can't seem to find it. thanx, trob
Old 08-27-2006, 02:51 PM   #237  
Picker and a Grinner

S/C/G: 132kg/128/75

Height: 173cm

This sounds GREAT!!!

I will start my 21-day challenge tomorrow morning (right after I figure out what my challenges are)!!!

WEEE!!!
Nixxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 05:14 PM   #238  
Never give up

Exclamation STOP!!! Do not post here!!

Do NOT post here! The new thread is up!! Please click the link below and we'll see you there!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...94#post1385994