Old 07-28-2006, 07:14 PM   #91  

Oh dear Gawd, no, Kiwi!

PS.. dear friend got points fer saying that I looked Gawjis.... we will overlook the fact that he is Mr Magoo on top of all else.
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:08 PM   #92  
loves kleenex box art

My feet hurt.

DS's roommate lives about 10 minutes from where lcp goes to school. But DS and the roommate are both the types to send one email and that's that. What do I get to get him? A bedroom rug? Little throw pillows? I dunno. Really. Tell me.

I will look up Wabby's movie and wait for perogies.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 12:14 PM   #93  
Member w/ messiest house

Well, Peach, if you're anything like my mother, you will buy him today's equivalent of a stack of writing paper and envelopes, stamped and addressed to you. I guess the equivalent today would be free calling to home. Don't get throw pillows, they will only get thrown...

I was comfortable when I sat down here, now I'm sweating buckets. I am so sick of this weather. We had another bat last night. I heard it in the ceiling, so I went to get ready for bed (the hiding your head in the sand method), but when I came out of the bathroom it was hanging in the corner like some horrible miniature Boris Karloff. So I made DH get up and deal. He apparently dealt it a death blow and it dropped behind some junk and he can't find it. Oh goody.

I can't believe you've been in NC a year, Schatzi! That means you've been a Cow for about that long! Congratulations. Aren't you proud? We are proud of you for sticking with us. As you now know, we are easy love but hard to live with. Or is it the other way around?

Now you do remember you are trying to buy land in NC, right? Junky trailers and rusting hulks in the yard are the rule. What you want is land where there's only one junky trailer next door, or at most one on either side. Across the street there should be a llama farm. You know, as opposed to a pig farm. Or tobacco -- they have pretty flowers. Check the neighbors for teeth.

So, we were discussing the pros and cons of DD'sBf having a gay roommate. On the one hand, he is a theater major, so the music contacts will be useful. On the other hand, the mutual "friend pool" could be rather limited. DH thinks there will be girls flocking around because a gay guy is "safe" and therefore BF will be meeting girls right and left. And let me tell you, when they find out what a nice guy BF is, DD is going to have some serious competition.

I have to go play ball with Jet. She insists. She put her squeaky ball on my leg and she's waiting. Every time I say "just a minute" she comes over and sticks her nose on me. Who could resist?

Ta everyone. Keep cool.

Kiwi

P.S. I like 2-story houses too. Explain to him the cooling and heating advantages. Or something.
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:03 AM   #94  
Member w/ messiest house

Don't miss the all forum weigh in on Tuesday! Look here if you've missed it I'm going to do it.

Went up to friends' camp tonight and had a big time. DD played and sang by the fire and we had a ton of people and dogs, we roasted marshmallows, set off fireworks we brought back from Myrtle Beach, and watched shooting stars. 'Twere fun.

NightyNight

Kiwi
Old 07-31-2006, 11:26 AM   #95  
Member w/ messiest house

Why am I still talking to myself? I'm getting a complex.

I already had a complex, you say? That is true. I'm getting another one.

Isn't it sad to see someone with a 21 day challenge that they still haven't started? I think it's sad. I can't stop eating at night, so maybe I should choose a new challenge.

I'm so fascinating. You are all riveted, right? That's why nobody is posting.

I predict that Wabbit will be the first to post.

Good grief I'm dying of boredom.

Kiwi
Old 07-31-2006, 03:13 PM   #96  

You're soooooo smart Kiwi! Here I yam!!! Your marshmallow roastin' self sounds like you had fun, Kiwonkers. We had an incredibly uneventful weekend. Friday nite we took Grandpa Jim out for his favorite fried oysters. Saturday I piddled around the house and went to the farmer's market while DH went to watch his friends at the drag races. Saturday night we went out for dinner and stopped by our friends house to yakity yak and went by DS's so I could see my Kayden. Her new favorite thing to do is squeal. She's quite impressed with herself. Then Sunday I worked in the yard, while DH cleaned his barn and shop and smoked fish. He also cooked me a yummy salmon dinner. I think I also worked in a couple naps here and there. Geez. I'm getting boring.

Have I mentioned lately that my Dad hasn't seen Kayden? Did I mention that he hasn't even mentioned her to me ever? Did I mention that I'm not surprised?

I need a supermarket story, Peaches.

PS - another thing that bugs me about my Dad is that every day I get about 5 forwarded emails from him, but I have never once gotten a personal email from him. Did I mention that I have issues???? so sue me.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:14 PM   #97  
The magic shrinking cow

I'm going to do the weigh in thing tomorrow, too. One week down on WW. No weight lost, though.

Last night, I had the horrifying revelation that I barely have enough time left to lose one pound a week before OMG It's My High School Reunion! (Added stress is that it's in Italy, where almost no one is fat.)

Kiwi, what is your 21 day challenge?
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:02 PM   #98  
loves kleenex box art

supermarket story for Wabbo. This couple comes through the line and the guy points at me and commands "smile" so I showed him my teeth. He comments to the woman that the teen girl bagging looks like someone they know and tells the girls she looks like his really ugly niece. I gasp. He quickly says he's joking, they're both beautiful. I tell the woman that I notice SHE smiles a lot but I has yet to see this guy smile. She says Right, He asks for it but doesn't give it. The guy asks for 2 tens for a twenty and upon leaving, says lunch is on him for putting up with us and drops the tens in front of us. We exclaim that we can't take them. They can sue me, he says. Was nice. I like money.

Annoying thing about customers: We have to stand out in the aisle when we're not busy so people can see that we're not busy and we can keep an eye on them. About 90 percent say, "You're waiting for me" OR "You look bored" OR "You need something to do."

Is Bagz weighing herself tomorrow? I am afraid.

It is less than 3 weeks til my baby leaves. In the Red Tent, it says "Time is the enemy of mothers." Oh yes.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:15 PM   #99  
Member w/ messiest house

Boy, you get them all through your checkout line, don't you? People are weird.

Personally I hate it when people tell me to smile and also when they say I look anything -- bored, tired whatever. It makes me want to stare holes through them. Guess you can't do that. Maybe an insane smile would be appropriate, preferably with a little insane chuckle.

Cherry, my 21 day challenge is to not eat after 11 PM. I was doing pretty well until I went on vacation, now I have to start over, which I haven't yet.

Quote:
Have I mentioned lately that my Dad hasn't seen Kayden?
Sometimes you must wonder which one is the baby, eh Wabbit? I have an idea -- when you see him, whip out some pictures of Kayden and say "would you like to see pictures of my granddaughter?" -- as if you were talking to someone totally unrelated. What's he gonna say, No?

I think I should get dressed before 1 PM today. Tata

Kiwi
Old 08-01-2006, 07:03 PM   #100  

Kiwi, what you need is jammies that pass for daywear.

Never a dull moment at the grocery store - at least he paid for his whackiness. I hate it the most when ppl tell me I look tired. One time a teller at the bank told me I looked tired and I said "no, this is what the face of an almost 50 year old woman looks like." What would the appropriate greeting to you be, Peach?

I wouldn't bother to show my dad pictures of Kayden, b/c he really has no interest. It would be a waste of time. I'm working on not caring so much.

I'm predicted some major empty nest syndrome melt downs around here come September. Have faith mothers - it will be a new chapter in your lives. It could be a really good one.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:38 PM   #101  
The magic shrinking cow

Wabby, I'm sorry your dad is so distant about Kayden. That's unfortunate. My mom hasn't quite caught on that I have TWO kids (I only gave birth to one of them.) When DS10 was born, she said something about "Now I'm a grandma!" DS-now-17 had been my son for more than a year by that time. But we're not terribly close anyway.

Peachy, I'm dreading sending my kid away. Next year. But he might still live at home.
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:57 PM   #102  
loves kleenex box art

Some people tell me I have great hair. That's a good greeting. Anything positive. I have turned to answering "You look tired" with "You're projecting."

My flocking day: Call this a.m. for a job interview about 40 miles away. Drove through storm. Could barely see road. Crossed bridge. Got there. School has a pre-k ESE class and needs a teacher. They are required to hire an ESE teacher but can't find one so can fill it with a sub. A SUB!!!! But it's a foot in the door so she got on the phone and arrangaed for me to get fingerprinted. I drove 20 miles back and BOTH the floozies who have fingerprinting expertise had gone to lunch. Was 11:39. Told them I couldn't wait as I had to get to my current job and couldn't come tomorrow as I'm signing up to sub in the next county and it's an all-day classroom experience to do that. Could come Thursday. They couldn't clear me in time to start Friday when the kids come so the principal said she'll make other arrangements for that classs but go ahead and sign up to sub as she needs subs anyway. I am so depressed over this. I want a REAL JOB. I am signing up to sub in the other county at schools close to the supermarket as a way to get in but I WANT A REAL REAL REAL JOB.

People are weird. I agree. I know a family with 4 girls and 1 boy. The boy is number 2 and the only kid the grandmother who lives across the street acknowledges.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:00 PM   #103  

Time fer a new thread....follow me....
Old 08-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #104  

Where? where? Schatzi! I'm lost in a fog......
Old 08-02-2006, 02:49 PM   #105  

Wabbo, look fer the thread that could be misconstrued ... "natch"