Old 07-15-2006, 09:34 AM   #46  
Member w/ messiest house

Well kids, I'm finally outta here. Had a wonderful night cowering under the covers in the 90 degree heat while bat after bat flew through my bedroom. I am so glad I'm going away!

Have a good week, stay cool.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 03:24 PM   #47  
The magic shrinking cow

Have a good trip, Kiwi!

Hi all! I have nothing to say. I'm up to jogging about two miles, with only a couple of walking breaks, about 2-3 times a week. Still fat. Oh, well, I like the running.
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 03:28 PM   #48  

Good bye Kiwi! have a wonderful time darlin'!!!

like Cherry, I'm still Fat, and will be the same chubster upon your return... but I am faithfully doing my dreadmill - up to 3 miles a day with hand weight routines after each 1 mile .

We're off to buy paddles for the canoe... and are going out Kayaking and canoeing with the LLs tomorrow...

Happy 51st bday to Mr Wabby!!!! Wishin him 51 more with the darlin Mrs Wabby!
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 10:54 PM   #49  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

HELLO GANG!! just got back from Nova Scotia where it was HOT and SUNNY!!!--we stayed at a cottage with friends right on the Northumberland Straight and the kids were in the water all day----warm and NO undertow!!!---of course we didn't let them out past their waists.The food was good,the guitar playing was great,the singing sublime,the cocktails were plentiful----NEEDED THAT!!!!---- came home to guess what FOG FOG FOG EFFIN EFFIN FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG!!!!! this poor town has not seen the sun for days---------deeeeeeeeeee pressing---i need a cottage out of the fogbelt!!---glad to hear kiwonkers is off to the carolinas-----WHERE ARE YOU PEACHERS!!!!-----GOOD TO HEAR YOU ARE RUNNING CHERRY--I AM JEALOUS!!! AND GOOD FOR YOU SHATZ---ON THE DREADMILL!!!! ---ALSO,happy b=day to wabby'sman!!! fifty is soooooooo close to me now i can see all it's blemishes,wrinkles and blight!!!!----off to bed now---cruise ship in the morning---it's a Carnival Cruise---wonder if Kathy Lee is on board!!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 09:54 AM   #50  
fatter than U

Cool need to lose 20 lbs by Thursday!!

Hi darlings! We leave Thursday morning and I'm STILL fat. Packing is sort of going well, but what the heck, if I don't get the laundry or we forget something there's the washing machine and Wal-Mart (saaaaarrry, Kiwi!), right?

It's blazing hot here. 90 degrees. We all have dentist appts this afternoon and will have to sit in the sweltering, no a/c waiting room and watch scary silent movies about frogs spawning and panda bears sliding down hills.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 07:55 PM   #51  

News Flash! I'm still fat too! although I'm not exercising like dedicated Cherry. You are so good, girl.

I managed to get my eyes all inflamed so I can't wear my contacts for a week (that is if I actually follow Dr.'s orders). I'm wearing my coke bottle glasses with no makeup. I feel pretty - not.

I wore a summer dress, not a mumu to the wedding on Saturday. Then bunco Saturday evening. Then went on a garden tour w/ my friend Sunday, then bbq'ed for DH's birthday on Sunday. My house is a sty. I'm tired. I need a weekend. Oh, I also worked in the yard for several hours Saturday morning. Geez. I deserve to be tired. I earned it.

Sugar, packing for 4 ppl for a long trip like that would be excruciating. ick. and sorry about the dentist too. no a/c??? what's with that?

Bagzie, your Nova Scotia trips sounds deeelightful.

Hi everybody else. I'm sorry. I can't think when my eyes are stinging. gots to go.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:23 AM   #52  

Checkin in...

Bagz: I hope you make alot of dem merican $$$$$.. Yer trip sounded like a well needed getaway!

Wabby: I hope yer eyes are feelin better.. Sounds like you had a great weekend even if exxxxhausting weekend!

Sugar: I bet you are gettin sooooo exxxxxcited!!!!! Have a Wonderful time !

Peachpie: We miss ya darlin

The flower beds are all watered and I'm watching the hummingbirds swarm the feeder.. as I sip a cup of cawfee...Had a lovely time kayaking this past weekend.. and may take the kayak out this weekend again. Still looking for a job, so in the meantime I figured I'd take a course in Office Project.. So I'll be staying outta the heat doing that today.. and run out to return some rachets A old friend is in town, so we are going to meet him fer dinner... I know the convo will revolve around his aches and pains, the number of pills he is taking, and the name of all his meds and what they are for... I know, you wish you could go... Thank Gawd fer Tivo.. it makes my time on the dreadmill fly .. so I'm off to git in my exercise... TaTa!
Old 07-19-2006, 04:05 PM   #53  

Hi Schatzi! It looks like it's just you and me, kid. Where the heck is Peaches? We're gearing up for a sweltering weekend. It's supposed to hit 105 degrees (farenheit, of course) by Saturday. Ick. I'm seriously thinking of calling for reservations at the beach just to escape the heat. Ah, well we complain if it's too cold and we complain if it's too hot. Maybe I just like to complain.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:32 AM   #54  
loves kleenex box art

Hello Kiddos. It's hot here too, Wabbo, but again it's Florida. I don't know what's going on with everyone but I hope it's something new and wonderful. I hope, for example, that the fog has cleared from Bagzland, the people in Sugarland have developed New Jersey accents, Kiwi returns home to find a moose sleeping on her porch, Wabbo wins the Rock n' Roll star contest that's on tv (just cause she's better than the participants), Shots has learned to make banana puddin', and Cherry has purchased a rickshaw so she can make a few bucks while jogging.

I hope to soon realize how adorable I am.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:54 PM   #55  

I hope you realize your adorable-ness too, Peach. Anything new happening with you? anything not new? We're leaving for the beach today (just for the weekend). It's usually 15 - 20 degrees cooler there. Probably ppl in Florida are smart enough to have air conditioning. I'll worry about my plants cooking while I'm gone and my doggies being too hot. They are visiting DS for the weekend.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:12 PM   #56  

Cowie, You are one of my rays of sunshine--you always make me chuckle or smile ...

Wabby: Have a wonderful mini vacay darlin!

I haven't been in the most chattiest of moods lately.. and not full of p*ss and vinegar .. I hate when I get like this.............
Jersey friend had to cancel.. but we resched dinner at a Chinese place fer tomorrow.. A phone call just to cancel and resched was 45 minutes filled with a recap of his recent Dr visits, new pills -where HE READ ME I swear the whole pamplet that comes with meds..and his foot hurts, breaking in new sneakers has left him with 2 painful blisters not to mention his corns. Don't get me wrong, I am interested, and I do feel for him but this is all the man talks about! When I try to tell him that he has so much more in his life and ask about hobbies and what not, it returns to his high BP, clots, pains ..and if not that then: He is filling me in NOT on how friends back home are doing in general, but focusing in on Mike's latest surgery, XX daughter is autistic, this one has back pain, AUGH! Please don't get my rant wrong, we all have "something", but this guy just focuses in on all his and others physical and emotional problems .. he's just one of those energy zapping "friends" ... rant over...
Old 07-22-2006, 08:16 AM   #57  
loves kleenex box art

Honestly, I may know your friend. Did he live in California at one time?

Speaking of people who read, I decided to buy a candy bar I didn't want because there was a machine full of them in front of me. I stepped aside to pull coins out of my purse and this young woman with a cell phone stepped up to the machine. She said to whomever she was talking to: "What do I want? They have ..." and she read the names of everything. I shoulda been a sign I didn't need the candy, right? But I went into the book store thinking I'd get one there and that's where I saw the entire new nursing class lined up to buy their books. They were in little groups chatting and happy to spend a long time in line. I still didn't give up. I did end up with candy I didn't want.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:18 PM   #58  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

love your candy story peachers----i always want the candy though---that is not the problem--i am still eating chicken bones--i actually still have some people's bones that have not been mailed out---who are you??? i think shatz deserves to get hers cause i am in the mood to go to calais---shots---send me your addy again---i enjoyed your post on your hypochondriac friend----he is my aunt------you will get a reward from me for listening and recounting.{foggy again with rain from hurricand beryl}
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:04 PM   #59  
loves kleenex box art

I agree Shotz deserves bones. What is calias? Isn't that the skinny actress who's with Harrison Ford? I have a DS story I like. We're working in the supermarkert with upscale clientele and this woman pays with a credit card. Unlike most of us, he looks at the cards and on the back, instead of a signature, is written "see id." So he asks for id. She doesn't have id. He refuses to accept the card. It's her card. She wrote that on it and she's realllly angry that he won't accept it. But accept it, he did not. She had to go to management to pay. Good boy! ----question ... when boys go to college, what do they take their stuff in? Not suitcases. What? ----(hot and humid with tourists in hawaiian shirts)
Old 07-23-2006, 06:36 PM   #60  
Member w/ messiest house

Hi kids. I'm staying with some old friends in Del. and using their puter. We had a great time at the beach, way too short. Took the girls to Myrtle Beach Pavilion to ride the rides one night; spent lots of time with the nephews/niece and all the family. Hot. Sunny. Sandy. Oceany. You know the drill.

Good 4 DS on the CC, Peach. Smart boy. Smart enough to figure out how to transport his stuff. DD says suitcases and whatever else she can find. Some people pack a trunk -- at Tufts you can store a trunk or boxes in some locked storage room until the end of the year. You sure couldn't keep large storage containers in dorm rooms. Of course you can pack stuff in crates/boxes/tubs and take them home with you when you leave. That's what we will probably do -- we will be driving her there.

Hi Schatzi, Bagz, Wabby, Cherry. Hope Sugar has landed safely. We will be getting home tomorrow and I hope the house is bat-free or DH will be kind of embarrassed that I won't live at home when our 20th anniversary comes around...

I'm hot. The whole world is too hot. Tata

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote