3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 07-24-2006, 11:21 PM   #61
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

the whole world is not hot kiwonkers----global warming takes place everywhere but HERE_--like i tole yas,i still have the duvet on the bed--hurry home,we miss you!!---peach---we took alot of stuff in rubbermaids and laundry baskets and brought them back home----also,one of the girls has a trunk and there is on campus storage as well-------------i can't believe all our kids are leaving home---who is left??? my ds and sugar's ds's???? cherry has ds's too----all my dd's are taking off----HOW DID WE GET SO EFFIN OLD???
Old 07-25-2006, 10:23 AM   #62
loves kleenex box art

I can't figure how this will work. He's taking his car and he's supposed to be there at 8 a.m. Saturday morning. So I guess we can both take our own cars and get a motel and show up there on time. This is not perfect. I prefer later in the day and no motel. I think it's about 5 hours away.

I have a job interview today. I have no expectations of getting the job AND I have to find my insurance and car registration before I can go as it's on the base. I am tired and want to sleep. I never get a real day off. Poor little Peaches.

Tell us university stories Bagz. What can we expect? LCP came back and has applied for a job where we work. I don't know when she goes back. That was off subject for this paragraph. Some of the kids don't buy those meal plans and make their own food. I'm wondering about that. DS seems interested but what could he make. He'll have to get a fridge in his room and I think there's a shared kitchen in the dorm.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:22 PM   #63
Member w/ messiest house

Hi Chillins I'm back. Got back at an actually reasonable hour last night, hard to believe. Usually we pull in in the middle of the night. We stayed over 2 nights at our friends in Delaware, so were able to get up and head out after breakfast yesterday. The 2 girls did a lot of the driving; I sat in the back seat with my feet up reading a book. La di da, rough duty. Of course I still did at least half the driving anyway, but it was a lot easier than doing all of it. By the time we were nearing home, both girls had informed their bf's of their arrival time and DDbf was waiting at our house for her. He had braved a bat in the mud room when he arrived (he is almost as freaked by them as I am) and lord knows how long having to talk to DH, so he gets big points for that. DH gets points for picking up the dog from the boarding kennel before we got home. He doesn't get points for dealing with the bats because he didn't get rid of them. We had 2 last night. I made him get up at 2 am and look for one that had been flying around the living room when I was trying to get ready for bed. He didn't find it. We closed the bedroom door and didn't see/hear it all night so at least I got some sleep (of course frequently they are right there in the bedroom, but thank goodness not this time).

Hey, good luck on the job, Peachie. I guess!

I sure wouldn't recommend that DS skip the meal plan -- he just won't eat half the time or else he'll spend a fortune on pizzas and subs off campus. Why wouldn't a person want unlimited food prepared and cleaned up by someone else? I wish I had a meal plan.

At Tufts they require freshmen to live in the dorms and have a meal plan. They also don't allow cars for freshmen. I'm delighted.

My dog has shed again and looks weird -- fluffy hair around the head and around the tail, thin hair everywhere else. Probably makes sense to her. She wants me to play with her, imagine that!?!

Kiwi
Old 07-25-2006, 04:07 PM   #64
loves kleenex box art

I want points like Kiwidh. Points for going to the base even though it was the wrong gate and I didn't get in. Even though the car registeration with me was expired and I couldn't get in. Even though the car insurance thingy with me was expired and I couldn't get in. I waited 40 minutes in line. Gimme 40 points.

I would be delighted if cars were not allowed at ds's school also. A parking pass is called a "license to hunt" so there's that and he's taking his bike so that's something else to worry about. He can get the meal plan at will and they have several types. They have "pay money in and use it up" and they have "pay money in and get discounts all semester based on the amount you paid in." We just keep meeting students who bought a meal plan and didn't use it so I dunno.

Play with the doggie. Look at this.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:17 PM   #65
Member w/ messiest house

Cowpeachia gets 40 points. And 2 extra for all-around effort.

What a dopey idea that 2nd meal plan idea is -- pay money, then pay for your food anyway. Sounds annoying. I almost hate to ask this, but a "license to hunt" what? Is this anything like panty raids?

I am such a sheltered old thing, perfectly glad that DD is going to the same school I did, after hearing what horrors they inflict on students in the state university. Poor DDbf went to his orientation and got stuck with a group of remedial students because he hadn't officially declared his major (math). They made him listen to hours of blather about a program for students who were unprepared (please note he was the Salutatarian and Mitchell Scholar for his school) to attend college, then got shut out of the classes he wanted. Then his brother who was planning to room with him and get a business degree decided to go to a comm. college closer to home. I think BF should transfer out ASAP. Perhaps to a school in Boston....

Must go have fun with visiting Oregonians.

Kiwi
Old 07-25-2006, 07:32 PM   #66
loves kleenex box art

License to hunt parking spaces.

Paying the money is paying for food. It's like this (made up figures): $100 gets you 26 meals (eat all you want.) $200 gets you 72 meals. $300 gets you 106 meals. The figures are much higher and you run the risk of paying for stuff you won't eat.

The BF and BFx2 experiences sounds horrid. Remedial university students is a sad concept. Why didn't their mom be cowlike like us and think about this? Is she thin? Just checking.

A quiz:
Four tourists crossing a 8-lane street thinking, perhaps, that the light never changes and car will never come. There are 2 women, 1 man, 1 child. When cars do come, the man:
1. Hurries them along.
2. Tries to stop traffic.
3. Runs safely to the other side leaving them in the middle.
4. Picks up the child and runs her to safety.

Guessed right? Ok. The man is safely on the sidewalk. Do the others (when traffic stops and they are waved across):
1. Mouth "thank you" and hurry along.
2. Just hurry along.
3. Prance their big butts in their gauchos on their high heels like they were walking on glass.
4. Turn back.

You guessed right and I blew my horn at them a LOT!! It's stupid enough to do that but to have a little girl out there deserved louder blowing than I could do.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:01 PM   #67

Hey Kiwi! You can stick around here and have fun visiting w/ an Oregonian.

We're back from the beach. It was nice and cool. Much better than 100+ temps we had at home. We got home on Sunday afternoon, then went to a movie Sunday evening to escape the heat. Yesterday I went to a spa type place w/ my Mom and Sis's to use their pool and jacuzzi. Supposed to have natural mineral waters that will rejuvenate you. We came back rejuvenated, but I think it had more to do w/ the lunch out, dinner out and lazing around all day than anything else. Today we're back down into the upper 80's, thank you very much.

Peach, go get your registration and proof of insurance and keep in the car for next time. If we don't have that stuff here, they'll tow your car away. So were you able to interview anyway???? re: the food controversy - buy the food plan. If you don't you'll worry that he'll starve and then all that work to raise him up and pack him off to school will be wasted. It's worth it for the peace of mind.

Schatzi, your friend sounds like one of our best friends, only he talks about his health constantly, and so does his wife. I mean she talks about his health too. Apparently she's not worried about her own health. Please stop me if I start to get that way.

Kiwi, I've never had a bat, but you know how I feel about rodents. eeek. Is having bats worse than having a rat? I don't know. I think rats deserves more points. Although at least they won't fly into your hair.

Bagzie, did the tourists make you wealthy?? are they all annoying? tell us some more stories.

I'm hungry, and not for "healthy" food.

Peach, I'm not sure if I guessed anywhere near right. Speak very slowly to me.

Sugar has landed on my continent. I read it in her blog.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:46 AM   #68
loves kleenex box art

Oh Wabby.Which ones did you choose?? I'm dying to give out grades. Break me in as a teacher!!!

I am sick. I have been eating healthy and making juice but I get to where I HATE cleaning the juicer so today I had THREE sodas and I'm sick now. Blah. Sick to healthy Wabbo. Drink cawwot juice you little bunny.

I would rather not have a bat more than I'd rather not have anything. Makes me feel sicker to consider it.

I am reading The Red Tent. Very good. Only women would like it but I recommend it so far. Before this read The Life of Pi and Magnificent Obsession and recommend neither as they both annoyed me.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:13 AM   #69
fatter than U

Talking The Sugar has landed

Aloha from Lotus Land! It is SO nice to be back in civilzation. Got here Thursday afternoon and jet lag left yesterday. Finding it hard to get used to qwerty keyboard again and must type all z's and y's twice.

Parents are surprisingly agile for old people. Cats are dumber than ever but cute enough. Brothers are up to no good as usual.

It was boiling hot here, about 90 degrees but is cooler now. I have phoned best friend, I have eaten great food, I have shopped. Wheeee! More later. Dh has been mumbling something about family togetherness and doing more as a couple. The nerve.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:14 AM   #70
fatter than U

Peachy - I LOVED The Red Tent! Great book. I am reading the Holographic Universe now. My mother has lots of scary books.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:23 PM   #71

Hmph. I really liked the Life of Pi. Can't tell you why, but I did.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:00 PM   #72

Tell us more about your parents, Sugar. My parents are surprisingly agile also. I think its because they eat well and exercise. Who'da known? My mom works out 3x's a week in a water aerobics class and walks the other days. My dad just never rests a minute. They're leaving mid August to drive their huge-o motorhome cross country to Kiwi's area. They want to see the New England area in the fall.

Peach, the correct answers to your questions should be 1 and 1, but since the question is re: a man, as opposed to a woman, it probably is 3 and 3, especially b/c the question refers to tourists. However, I feel the need to point out that if it were my man the answers would be 1 and 1, b/c we know that he's exceedingly nice, even tho he whined b/c I was gone until 10 pm on monday, out gamboling w/ my mom and sis's. (which is waaaay different than gambling.) So, Peach, what's my grade? Did I break you in or just break you?
Old 07-26-2006, 10:53 PM   #73
loves kleenex box art

Wabby, you get 100 for correct answers PLUS 10 points for having a great guy. The tourist I saw ran off and left the females in thieir touristy leisure clothes and high heels.

It's not nice to call parents "old people." I would disinherit you.

People I had class with are getting hired. I wanna be hired.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:15 PM   #74

'tewrnt me that called 'em old ppl, and you have to forgive Sugar b/c she's still just a young 'un and doesn't know any better.

I made it thru 1 whole day without overeating. It was hard.

I ordered The Red Tent from half.com on Peaches & Sugar's recommendation..... and b/c it was cheap. Less than 10 bucks including shipping for a new hardback copy. I love getting a book bargain. I also bought Ava's Man by Rick Bragg for something like 2 bucks plus shipping. If you like non ficiton, read anything by him. Even if you don't like non fiction, read All Over but the Shoutin' by him. Beautiful command of the language. He reads like poetry.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:39 PM   #75
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
Kiwi, I've never had a bat, but you know how I feel about rodents. eeek. Is having bats worse than having a rat? I don't know. I think rats deserves more points. Although at least they won't fly into your hair.
I think it's a tossup -- rats are vile and horrible no matter how you look at it and bats swoop around the room scaring the pants off you. The only advantage of bats is that if they live outside you can forgive them because they eat a lot of insects. There is no excuse for them living inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
they have "pay money in and get discounts all semester based on the amount you paid in." [/URL]
This is the part I don't get. Isn't a discount a certain amount off the price? Ergo, you must be paying something each meal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
The BF and BFx2 experiences sounds horrid. Remedial university students is a sad concept. Why didn't their mom be cowlike like us and think about this? Is she thin? Just checking.
Nah, she would fit in very well here, in all our assorted sizes. I think she was distracted by the older brother, who was also having orientation (he just completed a year of tech school and wants to get an AA in bus.). He is less of the college type than BF, so she probably thought he needed more help. I talked to BF the other night and he's feeling pretty positive about getting into the classes he wants once he talks to some professors.

This whole college thing is sooooooooo complicated, isn't it?

I loved the Red Tent, fascinating and intriguing (or are those the same things?).

I got both answers right, do I get a prize?

Hi Sugar, glad you are having a lervely time. Aw go ahead and spend time with DH. You can come back and tell me what it's like....

My parents are doing pretty well too -- my 90 year old stepfather is amazing. Went out walking every day at the beach (then took 2 naps... ). My mom is controlling as ever..

For old people, that is.

Later, gators
Kiwi