Old 07-27-2006, 02:25 PM   #76  

Quote:
you can forgive them because they eat a lot of insects. There is no excuse for them living inside
Aaaaah! maybe you should ask them what their excuse is..... possibly trying to help you out with the ant problem, in which case they definitely should be forgiven. I don't know what that rat's excuse was when he was slinking around my house. I guess I'll never know since the nice exterminator man took him away.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:16 PM   #77  

I decided to skip Peachers class, so I will take the zero.
My family has a short life span.. cept fer my grandpop.."Cap" was 96 when he passed on.. everyone else... 40s-early 70s..
I'm reading horror trash ... The Store by Bentley Little and The Ruins.. MoooHaha

In my quest to eat healthy I have broken the blender blade and the little plasticy thingie that goes in the lid was melted by the dishwasher.. But I got replacement parts on line for $11. So now I am eating very chunky blueberry smoothies, and my hand is purple from covering the hole in the lid.

I am glad Sugar is enjoying her homeland and family..
I am exxxxhausted from exercising with Gilad and Cathe. thankfully we have Tivo so I taped some exercise shows, and actually using my dreadmil. I am tired of looking like a Buddha.

and we have been looking at properties over the weekends.. can't seem to find a house we like so we're leaning toward building.. I want the best of both worlds ..some land so I can run butt nekkid if I wish... but close enough to movies, shopping centers..etc... I want to sit on my front porch and yell Git Offa My Land ya Varmit!!! wearing boots and holdin a shotgun natch....
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:50 PM   #78  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
possibly trying to help you out with the ant problem, in which case they definitely should be forgiven.
Heck, I'd rather have ants any day. Those I can squish with a piece of paper towel. When you do that to bats they scream.

I love the blue hand image, Schatzi. And I applaud your quest for the perfect home. We have the part where you can run butt nekkid if you want, but not the proximity to civilization. By the way, I have never actually run butt nekkid in my yard, but I have seriously considered it.

Do you all have that chunky monkey pic at the right of the screen?

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:04 PM   #79  

Schatz, I just bought a new blender so I could make healthful smoothies. So far I've made Pina Coladas and Margaritas. The plain yogurt and fruit is still waiting patiently in my fridge. My old blender started smoking and refused to blend anymore. I think it felt betrayed when I bought my new food processor.

Oooo. I want to build a house really bad too. So far we have a maybe possible piece of land. We hope it's still available when our place closes hopefully next spring. If you want to see my favorite plan so far go to eplans.com and look at plan #HWEPL10598. It has an extra garage that we could convert to a bachelor pad for Grandpa Jim. I don't think I'll be running nekid no matter how much land I have around me. I can't hardly run w/ clothes on - a fast walk is pushing it.

Yes, I have a chunky monkey Kiwi.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:28 PM   #80  
loves kleenex box art

I also love Rick Bragg. Love him love him love him .. but .. do you remember what happened to him at the NY Times? Was found to be publishing things under his name that other people wrote, I think. He paid 'em to write it. NY Times has had a bunch of troubles.

I knowed it was Sugar said it. I seen her say it.

Kiwi, you get 100 which is a perfect score. You are so smark.

I have a movie recommendation which you all will never take since you don't get movies thru mail. Korean movied called "hi dharma" is really cute. It's about a bunch of young thugs who hide out at a monastary while the law looks for them. The monks aren't that different from the thugs (except they're good guys) and much competition ensues. I don't know if ensue is a good word. It looks weird. The movie made me laugh.

I am getting efficacy.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:20 PM   #81  
The magic shrinking cow

Hi! I've stuck to Weight Watchers for TWO WHOLE DAYS! Woo hoo!

Baggzzie, I have a DS who will hopefully be off to college next fall. Crossing my fingers. He'll go to the same school I'm going to.

Argh! I'm so tired I can't concentrate enough to say hi to anyone! I'm tired of brain fog.
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 05:32 AM   #82  
loves kleenex box art

You know .. there was this whole page of posts that I didn't see. There were people running butt nekkid outside under the satellite cameras and Shotsy failing my class and Cherry cheating off her ds in school and ... and ... I forget. A perfect house means not having to wear clothes. I agree.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:38 AM   #83  

Bats Rats Ants...let's add SNAKES to the mix shall we? Big Black slithering snakes have taken up residence under the deck and in the crawl space... just loverly...

The UPS man just delivered my casters... we have kitchen chairs on rolly thingies and one busted...so I ordered 4 just to see if they fit... he was here the other day dropping off Cisco books fer DH... he thinks since I have a Polish last name I can make homemade pierogies and babka...I thought he was talking about eating them the other day... noooooooo, now he thinks I make my own and gave me his info and a lady on his route who will pay me for some home made pierogies......anyone got a recipe ???
Old 07-28-2006, 12:34 PM   #84  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
I knowed it was Sugar said it. I seen her say it.
Whatchu talkinabout girl?
Quote:
Kiwi, you get 100 which is a perfect score. You are so smark.
Thank you. And you are not only smark, but also cuke and sweek.
Quote:
I don't know if ensue is a good word. It looks weird.
It is a very good word.
Quote:
I am getting efficacy.
Now that looks weird.

Wow, that's a beauty, Wabbit. Looks expensive to build; all those rooflines and things. I would love to have that butler's pantry arrangement -- with access to the kitchen and dining room. The whole house looks like it would really work well. And that master suite -- I could do with that too!

Way to go on the WW, Cherry! I can identify with brain fog. I feel like an idiot half the time when I try to have a conversation with people. Can't come up with names, movies or books to talk about, mostly I just mumble incoherently. I blame the heat and humidity. Who can think with this kind of oppressive weather?

Congrats on the casters, Schatzi. Ick on the snakes. My, you have a demanding UPS man. We used to joke that DD resembled the UPS man, we saw him so frequently... No, Lushie, she really doesn't. (That Lushie, always trying to get me in trouble)

Kiss Kiss

Kiwi

See? I'm delirious. But I am almost ezzackly the weight on my counter, so that's good. Now if I could just get back into the non-midnight snacking routine.

Looky there, I signed off and I'm still writing. Seriously it's the heat.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:44 PM   #85  

Wabby! I looooove yer taste in houses... I'm not going to look at home plans anymore.. just sooo many to choose from

Quote:
Schatz, I just bought a new blender so I could make healthful smoothies. So far I've made Pina Coladas and Margaritas.
I would soooo love a Strawberry margie right about now ...speakin of margies where is Frappe and Bagz??? Report in! Stat! (I always liked that word)

Cherry! Yes, brain fog and brain farts .. I have many... on 2 days down with WW!

Kiwi..Maine is lookin sooooo attractive to me right about now...you were absolutely correctamundo... It's 99 here.. and I think the humidex is like 90.. I look like a sweathog.. no use trying to be a pretty sweat hog... hair goes friz... makeup melts ... I look like Bette Davis in "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane"

Peachy: did "we" have an interview??? hi dharma sounds like something I would enjoy.... must check out blockbuster....... This Red Tent book I hear so much about on other forums too.. I think I'll put that on my reading list... I have such low brow taste fer the most part though...

OK must make a batch of ice tea before I melt....
Old 07-28-2006, 03:54 PM   #86  

Wouldn't it be amazing if we actually built that house? It seems impossible. I mostly want to just be where we're going. This year of not being able to plant or plan in the garden is just killing me. I have a bunch of lilies that I planted in pots sitting on my deck. I figured they'd be easier to take with me - anyway, they smell sooooo yummy.

I stayed on WW for eggsactly 1 day. Then I was off 1 day. Then I was on 1/2 day. I suppose it's better than nothing.

My DDIL just brought me an iced coffee. Yes, she's still working at Starbucks. Did I tell you the other Grandma drives 30 minutes each way every day just so she can babysit Kayden? She's a much better Grandma than I am.

Schatz, if you learn how to make pieroges overnight air me a couple, would ya?

I have a movie for you, Peaches - The Whole Wide World. I loved it, but you have to order it from Netflix or something. I got it from the library.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:08 PM   #87  

Peaches, I read a little about the Rick Bragg resignation. He wrote stories based on interviews conducted by an intern he had working for him. NY Times suspended him and he resigned. Not exactly plagarism, but definitely not a good thing. I think he should write novels. He has such a beautiful way of expressing himself.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:15 PM   #88  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi
Kiwi..Maine is lookin sooooo attractive to me right about now...you were absolutely correctamundo... It's 99 here.. and I think the humidex is like 90..
Oh, forget about Maine, my dear, there is serious melting going on here too. It may look better in the weather report, but it is also unbearably hot and humid, no air moving, and no air conditioning! So one cannot function either in or outdoors.

Yes, the Red Tent is worth reading even if you don't feel like a serious read.

My hip is killing me. I've been scarfing up ibuprofin all day. I'm starting to sound like my mother. I have a dr. appt next Thursday, I hope it doesn't get any worse before then.

DD has finally gotten her college advisory program info. She got into one that she chose where she attends a seminar giving by her advisor. The class is called something like "Arabic Love Literature" and the professor is in the middle eastern studies department that she wants to major in. Oddly, there are 2 other kids from northern Maine in this class of 15. I wouldn't expect there to be more than that in the whole freshman class. Possible transportation prospects!

Hey, Cowp, does ds know his roommate yet? DD won't hear for another week or two. Her BF has just learned that his roommate is gay. Discuss.

Kiwi
Old 07-28-2006, 04:16 PM   #89  

Wabbo, I feel yer pain... when we made up our minds to move here... I think it was in March 05, and got the house ready and on the market, it was so stressful in a weird way to feel in limboland.. I wanted to do this and that.. and well, since we were selling, settled on "maintenance" of the little garden we had and the house.. ... (oh my gosh, I think me and DH have been here a year this week!) Now, well we've rented in the past so its no big deal...but even with that..DH is on me about not spending tooo much dough on bulbs.. and what not... our LLs like us so much that they want us to buy this house... but although it is quite nice..it's not what I want..if we stayed here..I see a big addition, a pool (which we cant have in these places) ripping up the carpet, ripping up this horrid WHITE linolium kitchen floor... I do dread the thought of moving again..I should be use to it..

We just looked at property in a very desireable area..but, it is right up against it looks like a squatters trailer park.. I have nothing against mobile homes at all, my dad had one, my aunt had one..but they were well maintained...these are your sterotypical run down, with beat cars and tractors in the front yard..There was an old barn on the property, rusty barrels filled with gawd knows what, a tractor and generator taken over by weeds and shrubs, and unfortunately no matter how far back you went on the property you could hear the road traffic. OY! This weekend we are going further out to look at 18 acres -part pasture part timber.. Thankfully there is no shortage of land here like there was in NY/NJ - and the price per acre is reasonable... I just dont want to be so desolate... If we decide to build I will fill you all in on our adventure!
Old 07-28-2006, 06:32 PM   #90  

Good, Schatzi, b/c I want to know how to build a house without divorce. DH already has dissed my favorite house plan b/c he wants everything on one level, which is fine, but then you don't get all the cool roof angles and such. I can't wait to build a house vicariously w/ you Schatzi.

PS I have a squatter's trailer next door to my house now. Gpa Jim lives there. He's going to miss it b/c when we move, he won't be able to junk up the new place. Yeeeaah right.

Kiwi, you don't sound like your mother. You sound like Schatzi's friend. Hee.