Old 05-03-2006, 06:02 PM   #76  

Heh heh, my "bate" worked, mooo ha ha : ya just couldn't resist correcting my grammar or lack there of.... (hehee)

(oops: edit to add: Schatzi..slinks away...........)
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:05 PM   #77  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi
Tis not like the honey /taffeta haired one to not post a farewell... is she and DD in a tussle over mustard colored converses? Her hip huggin elephant bells? Inquirin minds need to know
Quait raight, as they say. I ain't left yet. 6 am tomorrah. Spent most of the day in the back seat of the car being driven here and there by DD and the bf: dog to kennel, little shopping, library, bank, etc etc. DH is making us dinner, and, I should be packing. I'm not. I looking up good places to hang out in Greenwich Village. That's important too.

Congrats to Cherry -- what an ambitious undertaking -- I mean the doctorate, of course, I have no opinion on dieting or exercise, I'm not qualified...

WTG Wabby on the Blog.

If I don't get back here before I leave, it's only because DH shamed me into packing...

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:07 PM   #78  
Member w/ messiest house

That's not grammar, that's spelling! Stop that!
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:08 PM   #79  
loves kleenex box art

Peachboy is good. He may not be 100 percent but he's close. Today, he gave his final high school presentation and I went. Was so much fun FOR ME. The kids who had "religion" in their themes got a judge who is a history teacher and one who is a chaplain. Poor chaplain had to hear 1. Why religion is bad and causes trouble in the workplace 2. Why Buddhism is good and Buddhists are kind (complete with incense burning, chanting, Buddhist shrine with live flowers, prostatrating on floor to Buddha) and 3. Discordianism, the religiion that bans the eating of hot dog buns yet requires eating hot dogs on Fridays in order to thumbs ones nose at Discordiaism itself, Catholicism (Friday), Hinduism (beef), Judaism (pork), Buddhism (meat) all at the same time. Also requires a pilgrimage to the bowling alley where the religion began (or at least planning such a trip . actual travel not required).

Guess which was DS's.

My cat fits just right up against me.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:14 PM   #80  

I cannot respond to Cowpernia.. for I have lost all "clenching ability" and near peed myself ! Truly peach if you don't teach you must write!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:38 PM   #81  

Kiwi - too funny darlin! I stand corrected. I wish to learn how to dangle a participle (well , first I want to know what it is that I wish to dangle.. )

I think dangle is a funny word.

Seriously though, Kiwi, have a wonderful time with DD and DDBF and DDBFTB..
Old 05-03-2006, 06:49 PM   #82  
loves kleenex box art

btw, I went to Wabbo's wonderful blog but it didn't know who I was and I couldn't think how to leave a message as me and not the name it thought I was (another me alias.)

I have this thing going on in class. Teacher posts this question based on the book and we're all supposed to comment. All the people in the class are posting how absolutely correct that comment is and how, as future teachers, they will be better prepred to serve mankind because they belive. Then I post that I think it's true MOST of the time and now ... can you believe ... I'm getting attacked. The question was if kids need to be in class with all kinds of other kids. They all the yes, yes yes yesyysssss (like the book says) and I think ... they need to be around others like themselves foremost then like other kids. Like if there were four fifth grade classrooms and you got four fifth graders from Russia, would you stick one in each room so each room could benefit from their new insight? I think that would be mean to them.

If I get too beat up by the other students, I'm coming back to cry.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:04 PM   #83  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

today was dd22's birthday---we made a cheesecake and i feel like barfing cause wnen i was cleaning up i ate a large swath of it---CLEANING UP DOES NOT MEAN CLEANING UP THE LEFTOVERS { note to self}----------have a grand trip kiwonkers-----good to hear from the rest of you but i am too stuffed and grossed out to post anymore----------seeee yaaaaaaaaaaas
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:34 AM   #84  
fatter than U

Cool bon voyage

Have a great trip, Kiweeenie, and make sure you write down what you ate so we can all live vicariously.

I am going to go 3 miles with Leslie now.

(P.S. My ticker is a blatant lie but I'm too lazy to change it!)
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:17 AM   #85  
loves kleenex box art

DS is all finished with high school except the ceremony. I am depressed. The people in my class are continuing to attack me and (sadly for THEM) are exhibiting their inability to form a proper sentence while doing so. This teacher will not like that.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:30 PM   #86  
The magic shrinking cow

Wogging = Walk/ Jogging

I sure do hope it will get me into slinky dresses!!

Thanks for the congrats! It still doesn't seem real!

Peachie, I'm just shaking my head sadly. Sigh.
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:02 PM   #87  

Am I too late to wave 'bye to Kiwonkers???? Have fun!!! (goes without saying, huh?)

Peach I'm really starting to worry about the quality of teachers being turned out in Florider. Isn't the point of classroom discussion to debate all sides of a topic??? When you grow up you should be the teacher.

Bagzie, I always thought cleaning up meant cleaning up the leftovers. That's the little bonus for being the maid. Happy B-day to DD. Crazy that yer baby is that age, huh?

Schatzi, you would be welcome at Bunco any time. We'd be honored to have you. You're just the kind of crazy we love.

I didn't go eat a coney from the hotdog stand yesterday.... but I may have to today... craving it. Craving is a good word because it sounds exactly like what it means.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:06 PM   #88  
loves kleenex box art

My teensy tiny baby graduated from college with an AA tonight. It is ridiculous to think they allow that to happen. I am not sure I'm done teaching him stuff like how to tie shoelaces and how to spread peanut butter on bread. He is too young for all this. And nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww he's packing to go visit lcp for several days.

When Shots goes to play Bunco with Wabbo, please have her fetch something from a high shelf.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:58 AM   #89  
fatter than U

Talking yay!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE PEACH BOY!!!

And to his wonderful mom for making it all possible.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 06:37 AM   #90  

Congrats to Peachfuzz!!! What is this AA? Did he get his associates as well as his high school diploma?????? Mamapeach can turn her stereo loud and eat junk food whilst DS is off to LCP...